Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
May as well as they are basically Torys
So if the choice is a deal with a transition period and close EU ties or a hard brexit they should vote for hard brexit...c'mon it's Corbyn who is going to be the one who delivers the ultimate right wing wet dream of leaving the EU with the hardest possible brexit and all that pesky regulations

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Two weeks ago, she was backing Boris. She has issues.
There might be something deeper to that
Should may loose the budget vote the conservatives have a few weeks to form a functioning government (get the dup back with them)... That time period wouldn't allow for a leadership election so in the background there may be moves to pick a hard brexit alternative (Davies mogg and Johnson being the most obvious)... Perhaps they are forming an actual plan and it's quite deliberate moving behind Davis?

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
So if the choice is a deal with a transition period and close EU ties or a hard brexit they should vote for hard brexit...c'mon it's Corbyn who is going to be the one who delivers the ultimate right wing wet dream of leaving the EU with the hardest possible brexit and all that pesky regulations
But May plans won't work in any form and will be rejected both by the eu and her party, all Flint is doing helping May stay in power for a little longer.

What were people saying about needing a real opposition.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
But May plans won't work in any form and will be rejected both by the eu and her party, all Flint is doing helping May stay in power for a little longer.

If May's suggesting a deal which mitigates the worst aspects of leaving and ensures we don't crash out of the single market etc then that's clearly the best deal to support, irrespective of whether or not she remains in power afterwards. Hypothetically whoever takes over after her has no need to call an election depending on how well-liked they are within the party, and so it's not a sequence of events which guarantees an election for Labour.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Well if there is a deal to bring to parliament then it's been accepted by the EU
If it gets voted down then you get rid of may... But no general election... Just the hardest possible brexit and mogg or Johnson for the next 4 years (as the dup would back either)
Vote for the deal and number one there is a deal and number 2 the dup probably sink Mays government on the back of a deal they don't like and you might actually get the general election

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
If May's suggesting a deal which mitigates the worst aspects of leaving and ensures we don't crash out of the single market etc then that's clearly the best deal to support, irrespective of whether or not she remains in power afterwards. Hypothetically whoever takes over after her has no need to call an election depending on how well-liked they are within the party, and so it's not a sequence of events which guarantees an election for Labour.
Yes but she hasn't and she can't as MP's in her party won't accept it, the tory base will hate it and they'll start losing votes to UKIP.

The reasons May ''reaching out'' to these Labour MP's is because she got no one left.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Grandstanding or serious... Be interesting to see how the pound trades tomorrow morning... My understanding was raab wouldn't be there unless things in the background were tacitly agreed in principal
Though the EU is notorious for last minute deals / dramas so it could still be business as usual

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Grandstanding or serious... Be interesting to see how the pound trades tomorrow morning... My understanding was raab wouldn't be there unless things in the background were tacitly agreed in principal
Though the EU is notorious for last minute deals / dramas so it could still be business as usual
Serious I believe, Raab seems to have stopped progress. May has to back down to get a deal and she either doesn't want to or daren't , probably both.
Even then it won't fly with the Tories or parliament.
The pound fell a lot late on Friday, could fall again but it won't collapse until there's no hope.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Interesting note in this article
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/david-davis-urges-cabinet-mutiny-kill-theresa-mays-230300524.html
Says that 44 of the 47 required letters to trigger a no confidence vote in the conservative party have been submitted
I do wonder if may is worried that a deal with a UK wide customs union triggers 3 more...

Gonna be an interesting few weeks... If she has An outline deal, passes the budget and is still leader by November I'll be surprised... I'm guessing it's Johnson mogg or Davies by Xmas and the hardest brexit possible

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
Well if there is a deal to bring to parliament then it's been accepted by the EU
If it gets voted down then you get rid of may... But no general election... Just the hardest possible brexit and mogg or Johnson for the next 4 years (as the dup would back either)
Vote for the deal and number one there is a deal and number 2 the dup probably sink Mays government on the back of a deal they don't like and you might actually get the general election
The DUP won't pick the next Tory leader. Javid and Johnson are joint favourites at 11/2. I fancy Gove at 12/1.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Interesting note in this article
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/david-davis-urges-cabinet-mutiny-kill-theresa-mays-230300524.html
Says that 44 of the 47 required letters to trigger a no confidence vote in the conservative party have been submitted
I do wonder if may is worried that a deal with a UK wide customs union triggers 3 more...

Gonna be an interesting few weeks... If she has An outline deal, passes the budget and is still leader by November I'll be surprised... I'm guessing it's Johnson mogg or Davies by Xmas and the hardest brexit possible
Trinity of destruction.

Green_Red

I can't believe I am leaving Australia to move to the UK in 3 weeks... What the feck was I thinking!

Oldyella

So glad the Tories ran this referendum to sort out the problems in their party.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
The feckin British are mental. You would think it was the other EU states who asked Britain to leave the EU the way the British politicians go on about things.
It was Brexiteers who during their referendum campaign said that the remainders were scaremongering about the Ireland border (amongst many other things). Now it turns out the remainders were not scaremongering the Brexiteers are now saying the EU are holding the UK to ransom. Bunch of lying bastards!!

Smores

May will be gone, there's far too many tories who actually just want a hard brexit. They'll ignore calls for a general election and delay to brexit and we'll be stuck with a Boris, Davis Mog goverment for the forseeble whilst they feck us.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Theresa to address parliament this afternoon on Brexit.

Usually only does this after a summit.

Interesting.

Green_Red

You'll be lucky, remember all the flights, boats and trains will stop running after 29th march. You'll be a prisoner.
That used to be enough to get sent to Australia. I'm actually fairly optimistic about it. Even in a no deal I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks. There is still a lot of consumers in the UK and ultimately business will find a way to deal with it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Theresa May trying to do a whole UK wise Customs Union backstop deal. Tories have told her to get fecked.
Only in this country would the Tories continue to get elected inspite of shambles after shambles.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The DUP won't pick the next Tory leader. Javid and Johnson are joint favourites at 11/2. I fancy Gove at 12/1.
actually in order to form a government they have to get the dup votes to do so... therefore it has to be somebody they are ok with and given their stance on brexit I dont know if Javid would be seen by them as acceptable
Johnson Davies or Mogg I think - surely Gove is too smiley for anybody to vote for - actually what am I saying - yeah Gove is clearly in the mix as well

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
That used to be enough to get sent to Australia. I'm actually fairly optimistic about it. Even in a no deal I don't think it will be as bad as everyone thinks. There is still a lot of consumers in the UK and ultimately business will find a way to deal with it.
You would think that it wouldn't come to that but a rational person wouldn't think that a leading world power would have voluntarily committed economic suicide.

The UK won't be able to cope with real no-deal scenario. A genuine no deal , which means no agreements for anything, will be much worse than most people imagine.

The Uk relies on its close ties with its neighbours, the EU.
People say other countries are not in the EU but are OK but that's because they are distant, like Australia and their economies are not so intertwined.