Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He was also clear that free movement of labor would still apply.

And the Leave voting British public have made it patently clear that they were voting against free movement of labor... Hence all the "we don't want them taking our jobs" comments.
Do all of them want to go and work for Mike Ashley or something? No I thought not.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I actually saw the BBC interview with Hannan. He was clear that the automatic right of EU citizens to come to Britain would no longer apply.

None of us can be certain how the dice will fall. But the scenarios painted by outraged Remainers are just wishful thinking. Either the sky will fall or nothing will change at all. Or both at once.

We do know that the FTSE 100 has taken Brexit in its stride. The people who bet their money on the future of the British economy don't seem too worried. If you look at its performance over a 1 month or 3 month period you'd never know that Brexit had occurred.
Eh? We've only had one day's market reaction to the vote?

RK

With each day that passes, the likelihood of invoking Article 50 decreases. Cameron passing the "torch" was Remain's last salvo.
That said, the politicians will probably still go ahead with this ridiculous "democratic" vote and we'll all walk slowly, hand in hand, down into the unknown.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
It's in the Insitute for Fiscal Studies report Osborne referenced.
so is it the same report I got this from? £30bn in taxes sounds ridiculous, if you think sales tax at 20% that's £150bn in revenue?

The mechanical effect of leaving the EU would be to improve the UK’s public finances by in the order of £8 billion – assuming the UK did not subsequently sign up to EEA or an alternative EU trade deal that involved contributions to the EU budget. However, there is an overwhelming consensus among those who have made estimates of the consequences of Brexit for national income that it would reduce national income in both the short and long runs. The economic reasons for this – increased uncertainty, higher costs of trade and reduced FDI – ar

Tyrion

Almost all of the experts disagreed with them so there was no credible thinking behind their campaign. It was based on the rejection of everyone who knows what they're doing. They're hoping the EU will throw them a bone because of the trade deficit (despite that argument being built on sand) but that's really the only policy they have that involves gaining sovereignty and not hurting the economy massively. Even that is dependent on charity from an organisation that Boris compared to Hitler, Gove wanted to end in a "democratic liberation" (iirc) and Farage despises.

His comment about the SNP being prepared sounds about right. They're the only powerful party (i.e. not UKIP) not in turmoil and the only one that got a clear answer that it wanted and they have one of the best politicians in the UK from what I can see.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/26/eu-referendum-nicola-sturgeon-snp-union

Dante

Average bang
Experts: Don't vote 'Leave'. It'll feck the economy up.

Leavers: Nah, you don't know what you're talking about. We'll fix any problems when we get to them.

Experts: Who will?

Leavers: You experts will. You'll know how to drag us out of any mess. You know what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This is completely and utterly fecking dumbfounding. Genuinely, it's beyond embarrassing, between Cameron ducking out of this and the Leave campaign beyond beyond fecking clueless. Anyone who votes for the Tories or UKIP beyond this needs to get their fecking head checked, insane.

the hea

Almost all of the experts disagreed with them so there was no credible thinking behind their campaign. It was based on the rejection of everyone who knows what they're doing. They're hoping the EU will throw them a bone because of the trade deficit (despite that argument being built on sand) but that's really the only policy they have that involves gaining sovereignty and not hurting the economy massively. Even that is dependent on charity from an organisation that Boris compared to Hitler, Gove wanted to end in a "democratic liberation" (iirc) and Farage despises.

His comment about the SNP being prepared sounds about right. They're the only powerful party (i.e. not UKIP) not in turmoil and the only one that got a clear answer that it wanted and they have one of the best politicians in the UK from what I can see.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/26/eu-referendum-nicola-sturgeon-snp-union
So it seems like the Conservative leaders of the Leave campaign have used lies and more lies to convince the British public to vote for something that they didn't really want and that they have no plan for.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This is completely and utterly fecking dumbfounding. Genuinely, it's beyond embarrassing, between Cameron ducking out of this and the Leave campaign beyond beyond fecking clueless. Anyone who votes for the Tories or UKIP beyond this needs to get their fecking head checked, insane.
Why exactly should Cameron be forced to do something he doesn't want to do? Let Boris and the leave campaign sort the problems they caused.

Dante

Average bang
Is there any chance of taking legal action against Leave campaigners who lied to the British public in order to influence their vote? Or is that not possible?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Why exactly should Cameron be forced to do something he doesn't want to do? Let Boris and the leave campaign sort the problems they caused.
Cameron is still Prime Minister. He is staying on until the new one steps in; during the meantime, it should be his job to at least try to show a fecking interest in all of this. Boris and his bunch are utter bastards as well for not thinking this out and not coming up with any sort of plan, too, of course, but if Cameron isn't interested in at least trying to fix this mess then he should be out on his arse right at this very moment. What a bunch of utterly incompetent shitebags. I genuinely think if you featured this in a series of The Thick of It the show would've been cancelled for jumping the gun.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
In light of everything I can't blame Cameron for sailing away from all of this. It shows how politicians across the board put themselves before the country though.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
In light of everything I can't blame Cameron for sailing away from all of this. It shows how politicians across the board put themselves before the country though.
If he wants to step away from this then he should step down at this very fecking moment. He is still Prime Minister, and should have a duty to try and do something about this.

Will Absolute

Eh? We've only had one day's market reaction to the vote?
What I meant was that the graphs show nothing seismic happening in the last few days. It's just business as usual. As of now, the market isn't anticipating a negative impact of Brexit on the British economy.

There's a long, tortuous road ahead, of course.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Haven't seen much over the weekend - sick of it all

But in summary, what I can gather ,correct me if I 'm wrong

1. We've seen the economy crash - as predicted - a lot more to follow I would think
2. There is no plan - we all knew that
3. No extra money available because it's gone up in smoke
4. The £350m was not the correct figure and this will not be invested in the NHS anyway
5. Brexit was lying about the immigrants
6. Cameron resigned - won't send the resignation letter - in fact nobody wants to , maybe it will never be sent
7. Half the Labour shadow cabinet have resigned, spineless Corbyn in danger of losing the party leadership
8. People now regretting voting leave - "didn't realise what I was doing"
9. Scotland want to leave the UK and join the EU

So everything is hunky dory in the UK, do we congratulate Brexit now or later when it gets even worse.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
What I meant was that the graphs show nothing seismic happening in the last few days. It's just business as usual. As of now, the market isn't anticipating a negative impact of Brexit on the British economy.

I think you're in for a shock tomorrow.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm actually thinking that Sturgeon could be a good candidate for next PM based on what's happened.

dove

You do realise markets are closed on the weekend, don't you? We will see what happens tomorrow.