Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Would folk eat proper fish 'n' chips? Sounds like a cool dream, to be fair.
Hipsters here are mental over the whole food truck movement. Nobody here can do proper fish and chips either so it's an easy win. Throw in pork pies, pasties, scotch eggs and you're making easy money.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Haven't seen much over the weekend - sick of it all

But in summary, what I can gather ,correct me if I 'm wrong

1. We've seen the economy crash - as predicted - a lot more to follow I would think
2. There is no plan - we all knew that
3. No extra money available because it's gone up in smoke
4. The £350m was not the correct figure and this will not be invested in the NHS anyway
5. Brexit was lying about the immigrants
6. Cameron resigned - won't send the resignation letter - in fact nobody wants to , maybe it will never be sent
7. Half the Labour shadow cabinet have resigned, spineless Corbyn in danger of losing the party leadership
8. People now regretting voting leave - "didn't realise what I was doing"
9. Scotland want to leave the UK and join the EU

So everything is hunky dory in the UK, do we congratulate Brexit now or later when it gets even worse.
10. It appears Scotland could veto us leaving the EU.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
until there is certainty one way or another, we will continue to see losses in the market.

The government has been completely discredited.

This vote has still to be ratified by Parliment. The situation of Scotland, Wales and Ireland is up in the air.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I mean, leaving Europe, public unrest and both parties disintegrating is sure to make fund managers feel confident, right?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Why has Boris hidden away? Surely he should be all over the media like Hannan and Farage?

Spoony

The People's President
Hipsters here are mental over the whole food truck movement. Nobody here can do proper fish and chips either so it's an easy win. Throw in pork pies, pasties, scotch eggs and you're making easy money.

Curry sauce, gravy and mushy peas and all, Grinner!

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
So there's been much talk about this 350m figure and how Vote Leave allegedly said they would spend it all on the NHS, yet their pre-referendum plan explicitly stated that weekly investment would total £100m/week. I am just wondering how all of you supposedly smarter Remainers managed to miss this detail?

NinjaFletch

So there's been much talk about this 350m figure and how Vote Leave allegedly said they would spend it all on the NHS, yet their pre-referendum plan explicitly stated that weekly investment would total £100m/week. I am just wondering how all of you supposedly smarter Remainers managed to miss this detail?
Yeah. Wonder where we got the idea they said that from:

Classical Mechanic

The big red bus that said differently?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Dunno mate

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Last two posts don't show ANY grey area about Leave's statement on the £350m and the NHS

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Your reasons for leaving (more direct control) are ok (though I disagree), there's no reason to defend or give credibility to the terrible campaign; a pack of misleading untruths built by liars.

Minimalist

Hope you're a bit brighter in your everyday life than on this topic. Can imagine you bumping into lamp posts everywhere.

Will Absolute

You do realise markets are closed on the weekend, don't you? We will see what happens tomorrow.
Yes, I do realise that. Markets can react in minutes or even seconds. In this case they rose in anticipation of a Remain victory, dropped about 8% when it became clear that Leave would win, and then rose again, settling about 2% up on the week.

Sentiment may have changed over the weekend. We'll see tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be many ups and downs over the coming months and years.

Minimalist

I don't think we'll end up leaving TBH.
Might as well have not bothered if it ends up being what we all now expect. Same freedom of movement, same sort of economic situation and just less political power. Well worth it.

NinjaFletch

Yes, I do realise that. Markets can react in minutes or even seconds. In this case they rose in anticipation of a Remain victory, dropped about 8% when it became clear that Leave would win, and then rose again, settling about 2% up on the week.

Sentiment may have changed over the weekend. We'll see tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be many ups and downs over the coming months and years.
They rose because the devaluation of the pound meant that suddenly it became a good investment again. But they're jittery, and as soon as it starts to go down it will go down fast.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
This picture will need to be on billboards and adverts, and referenced non-stop. Should also refer to it as £18bn a year to emphasise the scale.

the hea

I have to say the British politicians are making them self look very clueless and incompetent with all this. For someone like me who is not British and only looking at this from the outside the only politician that seem to have any sort of clue about what they are doing is Nicola Sturgeon.

NinjaFletch

Your reasons for leaving (more direct control) are ok (though I disagree), there's no reason to defend or give credibility to the terrible campaign; a pack of misleading untruths built by liars.
Nick's refusal to criticise the Leave campaign has been very odd. He's normally better than that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I have to say the British politicians are making them self look very clueless and incompetent with all this. For someone like me who is not British and only looking at this from the outside the only politician that seem to have any sort of clue about what they are doing is Nicola Sturgeon.
I think most of us agree with you on all this.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Might as well have not bothered if it ends up being what we all now expect. Same freedom of movement, same sort of economic situation and just less political power. Well worth it.
Can't see anyone willingly triggering the exit and the longer it's left like that the likelihood of an exit becomes less IMO. I expect there to be some bargaining and we will stay.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
:lol:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Being shared on fb:

Many a friend back home ask me whether I was racially discriminated or abused in London, ever, as they were under the impression that the "whites" are racists. Not a single "white" British person had ever made me think I was not up to their standards because my skin looks different than theirs.

The only time I was racially abused here was by an African-British lady on the bus. I was pregnant and was looking to sit. This lady moved towards the window and I graciously thanked her for making a seat for me. She turned to me, of course thinking that this diminutive, pregnant, South Asian woman could be easily abused, and told me- "You think I moved to give you a seat? Nope. I just do not want people like you to touch me." Friends who know me well, know what my reaction would be. So it was. The bus driver, a black British man, stopped the bus and asked the lady to step down. The lady was shocked and told him, "You my brother, how could you do this?" The driver defiantly said, "I am no brother of you, Ma'am. I won't have racists on my bus." The lady stepped down and the whole bus applauded.

Yes, I do get strange looks from time to time when we are out as a family. As if I am an internet-bride, as if I have married one from their lot to get a British passport. It makes me smile as I still hold on to my own country's passport (and no, it is not from fervent Nationalism that I've chosen to retain it).

Our daughter has been told by the older kids she plays with in our neighbourhood that I am not her mother because I do not look like her. She is aware now that she has brown hair like her father while I have black hair and that I look different than they do. I have brushed all of it aside as there is a lot of meanness everywhere in the world and she will have to learn through experience.

But the Brexit catastrope had made me conscious of how I look and more importantly, what does my look represent under the current situation in England. I wore my work ID around my neck even when I commuted back and forth from work just to make people around me aware that I am a tax-paying resident of this country. No one asked me to, I just did it because I strangely felt safe. While travelling on the train as a family yesterday we noticed a man stand up from his seat and walk away from us. On other occasions we would have thought, "oh that is very nice of him, he wanted us to sit together." But we didn't, in this instance. We invariably thought he walked away because we are a mixed-race family and he is being outright racist.

We have started thinking ill of people already. Distrust has taken a grip and clouded our judgements. We never wanted it all to come to this.

And also: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10101369197042185&set=a.10101369198638985&type=3&theater

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
fecking Diane Abbot in Question Time, dear god.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
But when the time came for Vote Leave to flesh out their plan in precise terms, the figure was £100m. Or do you deny that?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
But when the time came for Vote Leave to flesh out their plan in precise terms, the figure was £100m. Or do you deny that?
When did they stop using the figure during the campaign? Genuine question.