Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
still no closer to feeling like any one on the leave side has a plan, just the same rhetoric as before the election, with the added gall of telling the remain people to get over it and accept it, dodging all questions on where we go now.

Post with five things that happened over the past few days

Tyrion

Boris must be shitting it at the thought that he has to be PM.
It's always easier to be anti-establishment until you are the establishment.

What I meant was that the graphs show nothing seismic happening in the last few days. It's just business as usual. As of now, the market isn't anticipating a negative impact of Brexit on the British economy.

There's a long, tortuous road ahead, of course.
  1. The pound was down to levels against the dollar it hasn't been to in 30 years.
  2. 2 trillon was lost in shares.
  3. The BOE had to promise £250 billion to calm the markets.
  4. Moody's cut Britain's credit rating for the first time in 3 years and changed their outlook to negative.
  5. Wall Street suffered biggest fall in 10 months.
And Britain hasn't even started the process of leaving yet.

We have different definitions of 'seismic'.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I posted this in the original EU Ref thread on June 16th:

Once again, putting £350 million by a claim to fund the NHS:

It's almost like they wanted everyone to think the NHS was going to get £350 million a week

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Agreed with some of what he said but he is secretly overjoyed with the result as increases the divide between Englad and Scotland. The SNP are politicians too and this is great news for their end goal.
Well he's fighting for the Scottish people so yeah I imagine he's livid but at the same time knows there's a silver lining.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Agreed with some of what he said but he is secretly overjoyed with the result as increases the divide between Englad and Scotland. The SNP are politicians too and this is great news for their end goal.
definitely, that's the problem with politicans, still refreshing to hear him ask questions and not just bleat on about scottish independence the whole time, though he was never far away from returning to the point!

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Ok. I'll be amazed if its true. My social circles are almost exclusively 18-24 and I've never, ever, seen them so concerned about politics. Might not be representative of the UK as a whole. But I'd be shocked if the % vote was the same as the general election.
I've found a stat about voter turnout. I think I may have actually been right.

Conservative Leave MP Stewart Jackson tells Political Correspondent "Suck it up whiner"

Untied

Great contribution from the Leave campaigning Conservative MP for Peterborough.

But when the time came for Vote Leave to flesh out their plan in precise terms, the figure was £100m. Or do you deny that?
:lol: Which fleshed out plan was that

NinjaFletch

I've found a stat about voter turnout. I think I may have actually been right.
This has been posted on reddit, but its obvious rubbish.

From Sky Data themselves:

In other words, because young people didn't vote at the General Election in 2015 they're assuming they also didn't vote in this election, even if they said they would certainly vote (I don't think its even based on exit polls, but rather what people said they were going to do). That figure would put turnout lower than the 2015 election, its blatantly rubbish.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Promises only bind those who believe in them. It's sad but true.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
So there's been much talk about this 350m figure and how Vote Leave allegedly said they would spend it all on the NHS, yet their pre-referendum plan explicitly stated that weekly investment would total £100m/week. I am just wondering how all of you supposedly smarter Remainers managed to miss this detail?
Hope you're a bit brighter in your everyday life than on this topic. Can imagine you bumping into lamp posts everywhere.
:lol:

Yes, I do realise that. Markets can react in minutes or even seconds. In this case they rose in anticipation of a Remain victory, dropped about 8% when it became clear that Leave would win, and then rose again, settling about 2% up on the week.

Sentiment may have changed over the weekend. We'll see tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be many ups and downs over the coming months and years.
That's what everyone is so upset about. Why should that have to happen? Why should we play virtual Russian roulette with our economy and futures when there was absolutely no fecking need to at all? It's just beyond idiotic to gamble on something so ridiculous when at least half the country were happy with things as they were and a good portion of the country fell for, and voted for on the basis of flat out lies they were told by the leave campaigners. It's disgusting and immoral and I am sure you can see why people are pissed off about it.

Yeah any remnant of hope I had has disappeared after that show.
Why what happened? (sorry I missed it)

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Great contribution from the Leave campaigning Conservative MP for Peterborough.
He's now blocked Richard Cann and James Ducker (both football journalists in case no one knows) for having the temerity to call up on his tweet. Richard Cann is a constituent of his.

Not a lot really, still a whole load of infighting. Only watched the last 20 minutes but everyone who was for Leave seemed set on that path. The whole vibe was the democratic process was done, let's move on.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's now blocked Richard Cann and James Ducker (both football journalists in case no one knows) for having the temerity to call up on his tweet. Richard Cann is a constituent of his.

Not a lot really, still a whole load of infighting. Only watched the last 20 minutes but everyone who was for Leave seemed set on that path. The whole vibe was the democratic process was done, let's move on.
Except Salmond who made it pretty clear that it was Scottish MPs duty to represent their people and that means arguing for those who were in favour of remain.

That either means they'll not vote in the result or if it did happen will campaign for a 2nd referendum in Scotland. He was pretty clear to be fair.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Asked for that didn't I?
:lol: yeah.

just had a brainwave, rs, it hit me whilst watching question time. i'm going to campaign for a referendum where i ask everyone if they'd like to be a millionaire or not. when it inevitability gets a yes vote, i'll just wait for someone else to actually do the thinking and making it work and just blame the government for not having a contingency plan if i won, "i'm just the ideas man, don't look at me."

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Except Salmond who made it pretty clear that it was Scottish MPs duty to represent their people and that means arguing for those who were in favour of remain.

That either means they'll not vote in the result or if it did happen will campaign for a 2nd referendum in Scotland. He was pretty clear to be fair.
That's reassuring if you're Scottish and are glad to get rid of England. But 56 SNP MPs won't have much impact when it comes to a Parliament vote.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
:lol: yeah.

just had a brainwave, rs, it hit me whilst watching question time. i'm going to campaign for a referendum where i ask everyone if they'd like to be a millionaire or not. when it inevitability gets a yes vote, i'll just wait for someone else to actually do the thinking and making it work and just blame the government for not having a contingency plan if i won, "i'm just the ideas man, don't look at me."
That is a type of plan that is so deliciously stupid they would never see it coming!

Northern Ireland Secretary (and Conservative Leave MP) Theresa Villiers says not to activate Article 50 as "we'll be shut out of important meetings"

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Apparently the fleshed out plan was a 1 minute 30 second video on twitter.
And will also not happen.

But I would not place too much emphasis on the campaign. The prevailing sentiment of a narrow majority has been Leave for some time - and still is. There is a mess at the moment but do not rule out this being a decent call in the long run. It will be hard to tell as to succeed it arguably needs for the EU to collapse which has just become a lot more possible but will take a long time and a lot of cost to all of us.

Dobba

:lol: Which fleshed out plan was that
That one tweet Nick posted. Why they continued to use the £350m figure on that same account in further tweets, graphic and videos from then until the polls closed, with it also in their header image, Nick hasn't yet explained.

Edit: Removed the amount of times as I found more of them and can't bear to watch any more of their feckin' propaganda

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
to succeed it arguably needs for the EU to collapse
Which nobody with any brains, or sense of decency would ever want. Only the mindless racist morons would ever be happy with something like that happening. Also, we should be there with them, standing side by side helping ensure it DOESN'T fail or collapse. We have let them down too, as well as ourselves. This vote was far more reaching than just the UK.

RedChip

He's still Prime Minister, though. Why's he still in charge of he has no intention of doing his job?
I bet if negotiations all went pear-shaped, Boris and co would blame him; there isn't much to bargain with so this is lose-lose for Dave. Let the Brexiters negotiate the exit they envisaged.

Classical Mechanic

The English telling what Scotland and its people should do. Very ironic after their taking back control rhetoric.
Do you not think it was sensible advice? Does leaving the UK to get independence and then giving it straight back up to join the EU which is in the worst shape of it existence economically and socially (which is only going to get worse) make any sense whatsoever?

What relatively prosperous economy in it's right mind would want to join the Eurozone right now?

The SNP is simply nationalism dressed up as social democracy IMO.

Scotland will have its independence one day I'm sure but we have more important business to be getting on with right now that doesn't include letting the SNP capitalise on the chaos to reach their end goal.

The SNP were offered full fiscal autonomy after the last referendum but rejected it. Ask the SNP why they rejected 'control'.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
:lol:

That's what everyone is so upset about. Why should that have to happen? Why should we play virtual Russian roulette with our economy and futures when there was absolutely no fecking need to at all? It's just beyond idiotic to gamble on something so ridiculous when at least half the country were happy with things as they were and a good portion of the country fell for, and voted for on the basis of flat out lies they were told by the leave campaigners. It's disgusting and immoral and I am sure you can see why people are pissed off about it.

This!

Literally couldn't make it up could you? FFS. :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is a massive black swan for markets and will send the world into a recession, especially if other countries start agitating for exits.