g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
So you are one of those, who prefere locking themself in a prison? No free movement, no studying in Barcelona, no Erasmus in Berlin, no living in Paris? Visas for every little shit which would be the most normal thing if you are in the EU? Making new contracts for every little trade you want to make. Congratulations. You will have a life just as complicated you wanted it to be.
You really think we could not travel if weren't in the EU?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No matter how many times the immigration argument has been completely debunked, people will still argue differently. I bet you that in 3 or 4 years time when the immigration figures have actually risen compared to this year (or hardly changed at all) that the people who voted leave will still be banging the same drum about controlling our borders. They also do not understand that it works both ways and we stand to lose far more because of it.

They simply cannot comprehend the argument or the political ramifications or the difficulties of the situation, nor will they want to admit they are wrong or have been lied to. It's far easier to throw make believe ideas like "when we control our own borders and laws" at you because quite simply they have absolutely no other answer because 1. They don't understand it and 2. Nobody does. The law argument is equally as ridiculous because we will still have to adhere to international laws, and what exactly did they want changed? If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious.

I saw an interesting article about everyone returning from Gibraltar and the Costa's and how much of a strain that would be economically due to many being over retirement age or registered unable to work, but I suppose they will all be ok because they are white.
It would be interesting to see some of these peoples reaction if they fancy working abroad and cannot. Which in effect is what they have done. How dare they deny an Englishman the chance working in another country and then scream racism.

Minimalist

Quite an assumption, I voted to remain.

You seem very emotional about this, you like others have been happy to hand out personal insults to folks who don't agree with your opinion. Immigration as it stands is not sustainable with our current infrastructure, whether it's from the EU or otherwise, >500,000 a year additional people puts strain on NHS, schools etc.
So it's got nothing to do with the EU?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Well here is no surprise then

As I stated several pages ago, they should take Boris to the EU today, drop him off activate article 50 and say well Boris good luck, I hope you have a plan.

It's what he wants, what most of this country want, lets see how the working class and the "grafters" can do to get us out of this mess.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

You seem very emotional about this, you like others have been happy to hand out personal insults to folks who don't agree with your opinion. Immigration as it stands is not sustainable with our current infrastructure, whether it's from the EU or otherwise, >500,000 a year additional people puts strain on NHS, schools etc.
The irony, given that the news sweeping the papers this morning is of leavers handing out the personal insults. Yes I am emotional about this, my future here has quite possibly been destroyed by ignorance. Anyone expecting me not to be emotional about this is a moron.

Saying immigration at this level is not sustainable is silly, because immigration at this level has not been sustained at all. The figure quoted is the first time it's ever been that high. The actual average over the last 5, 10 or even 15 years is almost 100,000 a year less. Cherry picking a figure will of course skew your agenda, but looking at a more reasonable average over a period reveals a very different story. Also a 0.5% increase in our population is sustainable even if it did carry on. It's actually pretty normal in most countries. It's nothing out of the ordinary. There is also no evidence that immigration puts strain on the NHS, and your >500,000 figure is pretty misleading. It's nowhere near that amount, I don't know why you'd want to inflate it.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
You really think we could not travel if weren't in the EU?
Travel for 2 weeks is something different from the possibility to say "oh feck the prices and costs in lonodn, or the weather, i move to Berlin, or South Spain, and live there how i want, getting everything there without a moan cause iam an european!" , also it seems that you never think about the grat possibilty for students going for a year to somewhere else and getting money from the EU for that grat experience. Or to say: Wow that Wine or whatfeckingelse i can get it in France (you can add 27 countrys more in here) cheaper than in my local town, buying it there. Only two or three examples of what means the idea of being european in detail!!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

The irony, given that the news sweeping the papers this morning is of leavers handing out the personal insults. Yes I am emotional about this, my future here has quite possibly been destroyed by ignorance. Anyone expecting me not to be emotional about this is a moron.

Saying immigration at this level is not sustainable is silly, because immigration at this level has not been sustained at all. The figure quoted is the first time it's ever been that high. The actual average over the last 5, 10 or even 15 years is almost 100,000 a year less. Cherry picking a figure will of course skew your agenda, but looking at a more reasonable average over a period reveals a very different story. Also a 0.5% increase in our population is sustainable even if it did carry on. It's actually pretty normal in most countries. It's nothing out of the ordinary. There is also no evidence that immigration puts strain on the NHS, and your >500,000 figure is pretty misleading. It's nowhere near that amount, I don't know why you'd want to inflate it.
Also, instead of deflecting my valid question please answer it. Who are you taking your informed opinion from when the vast majority of experts and even the people who put this idea in peoples heads to begin with just admitted that it's not going to change? Are you pulling it from nowhere?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It would be interesting to see some of these peoples reaction if they fancy working abroad and cannot. Which in effect is what they have done. How dare they deny an Englishman the chance working in another country and then scream racism.
It's a disgusting attitude and one I am completely sick of.

Yes I am emotional about this, my future here has quite possibly been destroyed by ignorance. Anyone expecting me not to be emotional about this is a moron.
I couldn't agree more. This could quite possibly have fecked my future plans right up, and it has definitely reduced the options my kids had in front of them. All because of small minded, petty ignorance. How anyone could not be upset by this is beyond me.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
@Zarlak and @langster: I really feel sorry for you guys. Its a shame and a pity. If i imagine being in your shoes...god cause of this realize again how thankful i can be that iam living here and stil have all the great possibilities. Good luck for all of you!!

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Travel for 2 weeks is something different from the possibility to say "oh feck the prices and costs in lonodn, or the weather, i move to Berlin, or South Spain, and live there how i want, getting everything there without a moan cause iam an european!" , also it seems that you never think about the grat possibilty for students going for a year to somewhere else and getting money from the EU for that grat experience. Or to say: Wow that Wine or whatfeckingelse i can get it in France (you can add 27 countrys more in here) cheaper than in my local town, buying it there. Only two or three examples of what means the idea of being european in detail!!
My wife is from a non EU country, studied in another country, and has lived in multiple countries outside of her home country, across the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe. Not sure how not being in the EU precludes this type of life?

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
My wife is from a non EU country, studied in another country, and has lived in multiple countries outside of her home country, across the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe. Not sure how not being in the EU precludes this type of life?
Ok then enjoy all the burocratism which comes with this things! As an european you dont need to go to thousands of offices to ask if you can do this or that and how long. But äh, wasnt it guys like you blaming the EU for burocratism? Absurd.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That's a very narrow minded view. I believe freedom of movement is a very great thing.

A student moving countries for a year is a very good experience by the way, if a student from Denmark wants to come to England to study at Oxford at Cambridge, to get a first-class education at one of the worlds top Universities AND get funding from the EU. Then fair play to that individual it bodes well for the future economy and Eurozone.

You seem to highlight cheap prices and I'm not quite sure what argument you are constructing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Nicola Sturgeon gives me at least a tiny amount of hope
Yeah, for all my reservations I have about the SNP, she's probably the best/most principled major politician in the UK who's actually doing quite well at the moment.

DomesticTadpole

That's a very narrow minded view. I believe freedom of movement is a very great thing.

A student moving countries for a year is a very good experience by the way, if a student from Denmark wants to come to England to study at Oxford at Cambridge, to get a first-class education at one of the worlds top Universities AND get funding from the EU. Then fair play to that individual it bodes well for the future economy and Eurozone.

You seem to highlight cheap prices and I'm not quite sure what argument you are constructing.
I don't think they are denying it is a good experience, but have our children been denied that opportunity?

Carolina Red

Staff

He's saying the same thing you are saying...

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I don't think they are denying it is a good experience, but have our children been denied that opportunity?
It depends if the classes are full or not? Plus class sizes can be increased by -10% if required.

There may be a better candidate abroad rather than letting someone who is just scraping through and is going to struggle and potentially drop out through the workload being "too difficult".

I'm all for equal opportunities, I don't see myself as a Briton I see myself as a European.

Having diversity in the classes also allows for different experiences to be shared and it's a good thing in my opinion.

He's saying the same thing you are saying...
Right, I got lost in all the exclamation marks.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Ok then enjoy all the burocratism which comes with this things! As an european you dont need to go to thousands of offices to ask if you can do this or that and how long. But äh, wasnt it guys like you blaming the EU for burocratism? Absurd.
I voted to remain, although I'm fairly ambivalent about EU membership, the UK has big enough balls to go it alone. I haven't been blaming the EU for bureaucracy. btw if you go to live in a new country they will apply the same rigour and checks whether you are from the EU or not, being from the EU and having lived in another EU country I can assure you there is still plenty of bureaucracy and paperwork.

DomesticTadpole

He's twisting what you said on purpose. You clearly talk about moving here and he replies back talking about travelling. They're not the same thing.
I see that now. Yes of course you can travel short term, business trips, holidays. I bet the prices will shoot up and god knows what travel insurance will cost once we leave the EU. Actually moving abroad for a longer period of time will be difficult.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09

Iam trying to highlight the great thing to feel and act as an european citizen and can choose whatever you want. Living,working,traveling,studying,buying,selling.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What are your reservations?
It's generally minor things: their Scottish election campaign was very dull, there's occasionally a bit of a hivemind/circlejerk from some supporters regarding certain issues and criticisms, and then some policies like being against drug legalisation, as well as the scandals that a number of the MP's elected last year have been involved in.

Still, I did give them my constituency vote in May, and this reminds me that they are the only important UK party (out of the main ones) who I'd even consider saying I support, or consider giving my vote to. Very clever political operators whilst also having a shred of integrity.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
I voted to remain, although I'm fairly ambivalent about EU membership, the UK has big enough balls to go it alone. I haven't been blaming the EU for bureaucracy. btw if you go to live in a new country they will apply the same rigour and checks whether you are from the EU or not, being from the EU and having lived in another EU country I can assure you there is still plenty of bureaucracy and paperwork.
I have lived in another european country, and i cn assume you that there isnt any burocratism. Ask the thousand of british peaople living in Berlin f.e. That will change and that is not a world i would want to live in.

NinjaFletch

It's generally minor things: their Scottish election campaign was very dull, there's occasionally a bit of a hivemind/circlejerk from some supporters regarding certain issues and criticisms, and then some policies like being against drug legalisation, as well as the scandals that a number of the MP's elected last year have been involved in.

Still, I did give them my constituency vote in May, and this reminds me that they are the only important UK party (out of the main ones) who I'd even consider saying I support, or consider giving my vote to. Very clever political operators whilst also having a shred of integrity.
I don't know. I quite like the SNP too (even as an English person who currently lives in Scotland) but I don't think they have that much integrity. I actually find them a bit disingenuous. I'd argue that they're a populist party thats positioned itself to the left of centre to advance their calls for independence rather than out of any strong ideology, and their favourite sport of bashing Westminster for political gain is a bit off for me – not that Westminster should be immune from bashing, but it borders on hysteria at times.

As it turns out, they're probably in a situation now where they can deliver independence without harming the very people that voted for it but I think they were very deceptive in indyref1 and made a lot of promises they knew they couldn't keep to try and dupe voters(a bit like Leave in this referendum).

MoskvaRed

I have lived in another european country, and i cn assume you that there isnt any burocratism. Ask the thousand of british peaople living in Berlin f.e. That will change and that is not a world i would want to live in.
Absolutely. The other factor is that, if there are two equal candidates for a position in an EU country - one from another EU country and the second from a Brexited UK, then they are more likely to choose the EU candidate to avoid all the extra paperwork.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
@Zarlak and @langster: I really feel sorry for you guys. Its a shame and a pity. If i imagine being in your shoes...god cause of this realize again how thankful i can be that iam living here and stil have all the great possibilities. Good luck for all of you!!
Thanks. It's scant consolation but I hope our friends in the rest of Europe don't label all of us Brits the same. :( Please don't think all of us are as small and petty minded and scared of difference :(

I have been in tears over this, I am absolutely disgusted with the attitude and ignorance. The racism and xenophobia being reported is disgraceful and embarrassing and the gloating from (some of) the people who voted to leave is unbearable. But what is harder to take is the fact Gove and Farage have both come out and basically stuck two fingers up to EVERYONE! They admitted lying and have said that immigration wouldn't change, the NHS wouldn't get the extra funding, Farage even went one step further saying it could possibly go altogether (something he has been pushing for a long time) so they have really just put two fingers up to everyone who voted with them as well.

But it's not that that really upset me, it's what we have said by voting out, and what we will now be perceived as for voting out. We are being heralded by people like Donald Fecking Trump and Marine Le Pen, we are being held up and congratulated by right wing lunatics and have basically said "i'm alright Jack, feck everyone else" we have basically said we want to do it alone and don't want unity. I personally want MORE unity all over the world. At a time like now we should be working together as much as we can, especially with the rest of Europe. But no, we are ok, and want to go alone, and it's been fuelled by lies and hatred and by misinformed idiots. It's just very sad, and it's really upsetting.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
I think you mean bureaucracy, but anyway there was some of that when i lived in a EU country. It's not like we move country every week though is it.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
Sorry, my english is bad. This fault is coming from the german word Bürokratie.