Brexited | the worst threads live the longest

Do you think there will be a Deal or No Deal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why did you both just not vote?
Because of the myriad of people who beleive you don't have a say if you didn't want to vote. It's why spoiling our ballet is encouraged if you are undecided.

Silva

I'm trying to disassociate myself with the core group of leavers who feel that way. I'm stating there are ways that both the EU and the UK can continue to benefit form continuing our trade agreement, that's all.
There are, EFTA/EEA. But we're not getting that without freedom of movement.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm trying to disassociate myself with the core group of leavers who feel that way. I'm stating there are ways that both the EU and the UK can continue to benefit form continuing our trade agreement, that's all.
You can have trade agreements that don't include accessing the free market, your goods are subject to customs duties and the same thing with the EU's goods.

ivaldo

There are, EFTA/EEA. But we're not getting that without freedom of movement.
I'm aware of them, and they are proof that there is economic sense in allowing it, which is entirely my point?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
So let's break this down.

Boris spends months telling us that we spend £320m a week on the EU which he'd spend on the NHS (although we don't)
Boris tells us that immigration is a massive problem (even though it's not, 0.5% of our population)

Within hours of the leave vote winning, the Leave campaign admit that not only was the £320m claim a mistake, but also that immigration isn't likely to change at all.

Boris knew it was horseshit, hence signing a letter for Cameron to stay on since he would have to deal with the fallout. Why Boris? Why wouldn't you have the courage of your convictions and do it yourself?

Cameron resigns and says feck this Boris, you sort it out. I'm not being the fall guy for your lies.

Now Boris is back tracking, "well... the margin by which we voted to leave the EU was not entirely overwhelming...."

Because of the myriad of people who beleive you don't have a say if you didn't want to vote. It's why spoiling our ballet is encouraged if you are undecided.
You have a say if you know you're going to spoil your vote, your say is to not make a difference.

You had that same say by staying at home and doing nothing. Seriously, the stupidity of this :wenger:

rotherham_red

I actually saw the BBC interview with Hannan. He was clear that the automatic right of EU citizens to come to Britain would no longer apply.

None of us can be certain how the dice will fall. But the scenarios painted by outraged Remainers are just wishful thinking. Either the sky will fall or nothing will change at all. Or both at once.

We do know that the FTSE 100 has taken Brexit in its stride. The people who bet their money on the future of the British economy don't seem too worried. If you look at its performance over a 1 month or 3 month period you'd never know that Brexit had occurred.
And why was that? Nothing to do with the £250bn the BoE has allowed to be available to artificially pump up the economy & the value of sterling?

ivaldo

But those would just be us giving up our veto in the EU, which is just wasteful. It's a worse deal than we have now.
If that was all that the EU was. But there are huge political aspects of being in the EU.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'm really surprised that none of the leave voters acknowledge the big 2 lies, immigration won't stop and there's no £350m. It's as it they've collectively decided to forget those and argue about Trade agreements!

If these two doesn't matter, why else did the vote so? :houllier:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
"Yes, there will be a substantial sum of money which we will no longer send to Brussels, but which could be used on priorities such as the NHS."

The lying fecking weasel. He paraded on a bus for weeks trying to get us to believe that we have 350 million for the NHS and now look how uncomitted he is. We may have money to spend on the NHS potentially.

fecking joke.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I'm really surprised that none of the leave voters acknowledge the big 2 lies, immigration won't stop and there's no £350m. It's as it they've collectively decided to forget those and argue about Trade agreements!
It is really bizarre. It's like lies can be condoned if it gets you what you want, on the basis of 'well the remain camp told some porkies too'. 'Hey baby it's okay for me to lie to you, your ex lied to you too'.

It's not mutually exclusive, leavers should be infuriated that the leave campaign has gone back on two of it's three main selling points.

ivaldo

You don't think it's more democratic to discuss and decide upon certain things with 27 other nations? Or do you think the US model is a thing to be admired?

How are those gun law reforms going there?
Of course I do, but ultimately the decision should be our own. The UN says hello.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips

If these two doesn't matter, why else did the vote so? :houllier:
It was the same on the thread before the vote , if you challenged one, they ignore that and move onto the next one, add the economic meltdown which isn't going to happen, hello it is, or the fact that the EU doesn't make most of UK laws and you keep going round and round in circles

ivaldo

Forgive me, which ones are problematic?

Edit: I just want your point of view, I won't argue it.
Aspects (not all by any means) of human rights laws for example.

Of course I do, but ultimately the decision should be our own. The UN says hello.
No it shouldn't, it's a global World and each country affects all others. Some other countries should be telling to the US to grow up with it's gun law bullshit.

The sooner we start realising we share this World, the better we will be as a species.

And don't underestimate the veto in the case that something is hugely important to a country.

Sigma

Am I to beleive none of you have ever heard of intentional spoiling of a ballot?
Normally when you spoil a vote your vote doesn't count, I guess it's the same outcome and I don't really understand the point of it. But each to their own.