Bring back Ruud

Denis' cuff

I would have definitely taken him back in the summer, though now that we have Owen - I'm not sure if our squad really needs two past it strikers. I'm not criticising Owen by the way, I think he can certainly contribute but I don't think we need two of a similar mould.

Do love Van Nistelrooy though.
I can't think of any players that Fergie has signed after selling the player previously. I don't think he will change that anytime soon either and the only player I could see it possibly happening with is Rossi but he chose to leave the club.

The last thing we need is someone who is as unhappy as Ruud is when he sits on the bench. I still remember how much he sulked after being left out of the 2006 Carling Cup Final and being second choice to Saha.

many would say his sulking was justified or at least understandable

beergod

[/B]

many would say his sulking was justified or at least understandable
Justified or not, it isn't a trait you want in a squad player and I can't see him as anything but a squad player for us at this point in his career considering his recent injury history.

Denis' cuff

I do think he was justified in being pissed off but I'd probably go along with the rest of your post

Ixion

The signs are certainly good, but the problem United face, as we have done in the past with many talented youngsters, is they become impatient, and then start looking somewhere else. Pique is a prime example.

United need Macheda in the team now. OK it may not work straight away, but it will give him the motivation, and it allows United the time to nurture a relationship with Rooney whereby every week you expect the same two strikers on the pitch. Thats what we are sadly missing.

Personally I would be playing Macheda every game now. Offload Owen. keep Berbatov as a third striker, and then work on the Rooney - Macheda partnership, so that in 18 months time they are a fully fledged coherent unit.

The way its going, he'll be sold within 2 years because no young lad of that age will agree to play maybe 1-2 games a month. Not when they are good enough to warrant first team football in almost any other club in the country.
If Macheda was good enough to be playing a part in every game now he would be, he clearly isn't. Playing him in every game for the next couple of years is no gurantee he will be good enough to be a United striker either.

Cold_Boy

Was my favourite player when he was here.

Would love him back if he wants to though.

jim

In most joy
Would have him back instead of Owen, not alongside Owen. So no, I don't think it will happen, and I don't think it should happen either.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If Macheda was good enough to be playing a part in every game now he would be, he clearly isn't. Playing him in every game for the next couple of years is no gurantee he will be good enough to be a United striker either.
Good point

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't think that offering a short term deal to Saha (till the end of the season) would be a bad idea. First of all we all know that he is an excellent striker. Secondly you wont find many decent strikers available in January. If he does well then he will attract bigger clubs + he will end up with another medal or two. If he gets injured then can still rely on the current crop to bail us out.

Drifter

American
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has ruled out a swoop for Ruud van Nistelrooy and believes he could sign for Arsenal.

Van Nistelrooy is being linked with a move away from Real Madrid during the transfer window and Tottenham have been strongly linked with a move for him.

However, Redknapp says he has enough strikers on his books and signing the Dutchman would only give him a bigger headache.

Redknapp instead believes the player could end up at Arsenal as the Gunners step up their attempts to find a replacement for the injured Robin van Persie.

"He's a top player," Redknapp revealed. "If he's anywhere near fit, I'm sure he can still play for a while, but I've never enquired for him. He would come over here and score - he always has done.

"I can see him going somewhere like Arsenal. Tottenham is a big club. We shouldn't be afraid to compete with these clubs in the transfer market, but what would I do?

"I have Crouch, Keane and Defoe and Pav. If I got Van Nistelrooy, I give myself another problem."

Moriarty

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has ruled out a swoop for Ruud van Nistelrooy and believes he could sign for Arsenal.

Now that would be a turn up for the books. Is Redknapp taking the piss or what? Wenger would rather drag John Radford off his zimmer frame than sign Ruud.

Godfather

He's done well for Everton, less injuries
Well his problem was his mentality anyway. He always had some strange psychological thing going on when he played for us and always to get injured again or something like that.
He mentioned it in an interview not long ago...
It has gone now that he plays for Everton

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Granted my source is non-sense (redcafe.net) but Im sure I read he has 20 goals in 27 starts for them. Surely thats not true.
He does as far as I'm aware.

27 starts out of 65 games or whatever they've played in that period is still relatively few.

kietotheworld

This isn't the Matrix, you don't get injuries because you think you are going to.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
This is the official "bring back our best striker since Denis Law" petition. Don't care how old he is. Would score shit loads of goal in this team.

Sign him up Fergie!
Wow, a defeat really drags them out of the woodwork.

Ruud_boy_10

ruud is not coming back. saf would never want him back. remember in the frost interview, when frost asked fergie about players that left...keane, becks, ruud....he specifically dismisses ruud as being a united great that keane and becks were and says how the moment he signed ruud, he knew that he always wanted to go to madrid.
When did he say this? Link please.

Wont happen im afraid.

Sir Alex doesnt usually bring back players who have left the club. Van Nistelrooy was perfect for us during his years here but the team has moved on somewhat. We play a slightly different style and are more fluid in our attack. Cant see us having both Owen and Van Nistlerooy here.

Ruud_boy_10

Wont happen im afraid.

Sir Alex doesnt usually bring back players who have left the club. Van Nistelrooy was perfect for us during his years here but the team has moved on somewhat. We play a slightly different style and are more fluid in our attack. Cant see us having both Owen and Van Nistlerooy here.
What a myth. We won the league because of our amazing defensive record. Nothing to do with our attack.

pbrown

Saha is going to Liverpool and Ruud is going to Arse according to rumor mill. Everton would probably sell to the scum because they need the money. Ruud would do well here but if i remember correctly his bust up with Ronaldo pretty much meant he was going. I think he could score a lot of goals with this Utd team as we really need a sniper from close in. IMO

dmode

it would really hurt to see him at anfield... but hang on... owen plays for us right...

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
it would really hurt to see him at anfield... but hang on... owen plays for us right...
I didn't want Owen to come us and I wasn't happy about it.

And I don't want Ruud to go to Liverpool. Firstly, because I don't like to see any former or current United player in the Liverpool shirt. Secondly, because he's still one of my favourite players and I couldn't respect him anymore if he went to Anfield.

So fingers crossed he's going nowhere.

Ruud_boy_10

I didn't want Owen to come us and I wasn't happy about it.

And I don't want Ruud to go to Liverpool. Firstly, because I don't like to see any former or current United player in the Liverpool shirt. Secondly, because he's still one of my favourite players and I couldn't respect him anymore if he went to Anfield.

So fingers crossed he's going nowhere.
I'd have to burn a few old united shirts.