Bruno announced as new Manchester United captain

Swedish_Plumber

Wouldn’t have been my choice. Good player and all that but I can’t stand his incessant whinging and moaning when things aren’t going well. Not what I want from a captain of Manchester United. Just my opinion though.
He whinges and moans when we’re winning too. The man has high standards and clearly ten hag sees that he can be his mindset on the pitch.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Guessing there's a correlation between those people that don't think Bruno is a captain and also don't really rate him. He is our best player, truly leads by example and has been the de-facto captain for a while now. Rightly deserved, great news!

Ludens the Red

Wouldn’t have been my choice. Good player and all that but I can’t stand his incessant whinging and moaning when things aren’t going well. Not what I want from a captain of Manchester United. Just my opinion though.
I thought he matured in this sense after the Liverpool game. He definitely took that criticism to heart because he’d toned down the theatrics massively from there on in but yeah before then those antics were beginning to seriously grate.

siw2007

The obvious choice. Bruno is the leader of this team, it’s the right call from Ten Hag.

Lyng

As expected. Always available and is desperate to win. The correct choice.

Dempsey19

I always classed him as the captain even when that other numpty was on the pitch.

Good to see it being official though.

stu_1992

The obvious choice. Very happy for him and the fact its bound to piss off some rival fans is an added bonus.

Stadjer

Maguire is Captain of setting up the cones for training. Not sure we will have an official Vice Captain, may just have a leadership group with the likes of Case and Varane if needed but lets be honest, barring two broken kneecaps you are not getting Bruno off the pitch.
Training would never start on time if Maguire is the one setting it up. He is too slow.

Dannn411

Has effectively been captain in my mind for like 2 years now anyways. The only choice.

TsuWave

Not surprising, I think he spent more time with the armband last season than Maguire

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He’s basically unofficially been captain since he arrived here.

glad it’s confirmed now it’s well deserved

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Really chuffed that Bruno has been picked, the right choice amongst a team that seems to have a few natural leaders.

I remember a few years ago that we were all complaining a lot that there were barely any leaders in this squad, now we have l:

Bruno
Casemiro
Varane
Martinez
Shaw
Rashford

To name a few that seem to take on some responsibility when out on the pitch. I imagine ETH is very happy with where we’re going in this respect.

Ace Krampus

No surprise there, also doesn't mean Casemiro, Martinez and Varane won't inject grit and fight into the squad in their own way. Good choice all around.

Rustyspider13

Well deserved, congrats Bruno! We have plenty of choice of leaders now, but when Bruno first arrived here, he carried our creative output for nearly 18 months. He has earned this. He is also the perfect embodiment of what EtH wants, tactically flexible, has quality on the ball and very hard working. When you combine that with his Spanish and English skills, he's an easy choice for captain.

I personally have never had a problem with his moaning. As evidenced by every time we face Spanish opposition, the moaning works. Refs aren't strong enough and are prone to be persuaded. At least now Bruno will be the officially designated moaner of the team.