Bruno announced as new Manchester United captain

Von Mistelroum

Do we usually do social media posts for a new captain? Or is this a "feck off Maguire" thing?

Decent choice of course but he basically already was captain.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was captain most of last season anyway, correct choice

Sir Chapman

It was an obvious choice for Bruno to get the armband. He’s been leading our team most of the time last year and additionally he’s a loud fighter. Glad this is done!

It will be interesting if he will post something on social media becoming the new captain just like Harry did it when he lost the captaincy

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Bit of a whiner when things don't go his way, so he'll need to work on that. But I think a good choice overall.

spiriticon

He has his flaws, but he is the best option out of what we currently have.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Pretty obvious, no point stirring the pot further. I still think Martinez is the long-term replacement.

Loon

:lol:
I'm sure it's his referee badgering skills and excessive moaning which nailed the appointment.

Back To Madeira

Wouldn’t have been my choice. Good player and all that but I can’t stand his incessant whinging and moaning when things aren’t going well. Not what I want from a captain of Manchester United. Just my opinion though.
I like that he's always whining and moaning.

It epitomises our fanbase.

Dazzmondo

Fully deserved. Interested to learn who vice captain will be. Casemiro, Varane, Shaw, Martinez or Rashford most likely

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Fully deserved. Interested to learn who vice captain will be. Casemiro, Varane, Shaw, Martinez or Rashford most likely
Case or Licha to me based on the leadership they've shown on the pitch. Varane slightly too injury prone, Rashford needs to be able to focus solely on his game. Shaw i could see as well but seems to be a better when he can keep his head down.

humdinger

I know he’s a whinge and I hate that as much as anyone but he is also clearly the leader of this group and the heartbeat of the side. There was no other serious contender.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Skilled hard working with desire to win. The role should help him getting less cards when he whine to the refs. Oppos gonna hate him even more so now. Whats not to like.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was always the captain, now he got the armband.

Barry Red

The right decision. Was basically the captain last season anyway.

Guessing between Casemiro and Varane, possibly Shaw/Rashford in with a shout for the vice captaincy.
Is Maguire now vice or is it someone else ?
I don't believe that there has been any official decision on the vice captaincy. I'm sure that it won't be Harry Maguire though, even if he stays, as I'm sure that you having the pressure of the captaincy contributed to his form problems. Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise for the.guy.

crossy1686

career ending
Great stuff and the right choice really. Just cut the whinging out and he’ll be a fantastic captain, which I’m sure he will.

However there must be some serious tension between him and Maguire now. They have often gone head to head on the field during games.

crossy1686

career ending
I know he’s a whinge and I hate that as much as anyone but he is also clearly the leader of this group and the heartbeat of the side. There was no other serious contender.
Agreed, I hope he’s ready for the extra scrutiny that being the captain brings. I’m sure he’ll rise to it though, he’s a great character to have around. I can see him lifting a major trophy for us.

Revan

Assumptionman
Honestly, he was the only choice.

I hope my boy Rashford is the vice captain. I think Casemiro and Varane are fantastic players, and Licha’s mentality is infectious but they have been here for around 2 minutes.

My preferred order would be:

Bruno (c)
Rashford (vc)
Varane
Casemiro
Lisandro/Shaw

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Gary Neville preparing his next rant on Bruno as we speak.

DavelinaJolie

As the team's outfield iron man it's hard to argue with the choice, even if he can be petulant. Here's hoping he tones it down a bit.

The right choice, and hopefully the responsibility will remind him to keep his cool on the odd occasion he let's his temper get the better of him.

Martinez for Vice.