Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not sure if it was Bruno or the winter camp but there's a different vibe in our team now. You can see the players helping one another one, vibing better and enjoying playing with one another.
I hope it’s not another false dawn and he can stay injury free. I have a feeling pogba will like playing with Bruno and will sign a new deal here. Fingers crossed. Get 2 more really good signings and we have a good team again. Sancho and haaland.if pogba goes go for havertz instead of the English lads if he wanted to come here. and then we are looking very strong. I’d really like to take a punt on a player like that Argentinian striker with the cheap release clause Or someone like Tonali

Aouer-United

I thought he was performing at like 60% good, I feel like we haven't seen him at his best yet. If this game is just his average performance then we're in for a treat :drool:

I'm excited to see how good he can be if he's at his best.

RedCurry

I thought he was performing at like 60% good, I feel like we haven't seen him at his best yet. If this game is just his average performance then we're in for a treat :drool:

I'm excited to see how good he can be if he's at his best.
The few times I watched him for Sporting I felt that he got on the ball far more frequently than he has for us so far. The man loves the ball and isn’t a ball hog. He should be involved more as the season progresses.

He'sRaldo

He's new to the league, so the opposition will soon adjust and plan for him if he consistently puts in very good performances.

For that reason, we can't rest on our laurels and rely solely on him for creativity, or else the wheels will come off as it did for Pogba. We need to both improve our team play and either get Pogba back on the pitch or sign another quality midfielder to make it harder for the opposition to target our sole creative one.

That said, it's still early days. Interesting to see how he performs in the coming months; hopefully he can continue to improve.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He's new to the league, so the opposition will soon adjust and plan for him if he consistently puts in very good performances.
Very true, but this will help the rest of the team if they do. It's very difficult to deal with more than one or two individual players in the a tactical set up beyond standard man to man marking. So for example a number of teams have doubled up on James, but this gives Martial and another attacker more room. Watford focussed on trying to stop Fred, but that just gave James, Bruno and Greenwood a bit more space. Forcing teams to focus on individuals opens things up for the rest of the team.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Very true, but this will help the rest of the team if they do. It's very difficult to deal with more than one or two individual players in the a tactical set up beyond standard man to man marking. So for example a number of teams have doubled up on James, but this gives Martial and another attacker more room. Watford focussed on trying to stop Fred, but that just gave James, Bruno and Greenwood a bit more space. Forcing teams to focus on individuals opens things up for the rest of the team.
This.

Shows how hamstrung we have been all season. And this is why the team needs time to build up, a few transfer windows. Teams will figure out how to play a Bruno-led United soon. We will need a couple of other pieces in place to really make picking their poison a reality. Patience.

How people here not see it is beyond belief. Only moaning and hysterics.

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

For that reason, we can't rest on our laurels and rely solely on him for creativity, or else the wheels will come off as it did for Pogba. We need to both improve our team play and either get Pogba back on the pitch or sign another quality midfielder to make it harder for the opposition to target our sole creative one.

That said, it's still early days. Interesting to see how he performs in the coming months; hopefully he can continue to improve.
True, but just him alone will make a big difference i think. I saw some analysis on TV that was pretty interesting. Our midfield this season, and especially when McTomminay was injured never tried to vary their passing. Any and all threat from midfield came from Fred and at times Matic, and most of the time they tried a low pass into Martial/Rashford. Problem was that they took about 2-3 seconds to long every time, which meant the opponent could reorganize

This was made even worse after Rashford injury and as a result we became incredibly predictable and easy to defend against. Watch Martial closely and intercept the passes going to him and our only choice left is hitting it wide. No passes behind the defense means the other team also can push up pretty high with little risk and press us in midfield

Introduce Bruno. Not only does he move a lot, creating space for himself and others, but more importantly he has a great range of passing and is not afraid to hit some high risk passes behind the opponents. That makes us so much more unpredictable and much harder to defend against.

Its no coincidence that our best form under Ole (caretaker) came when Pogba was in brilliant form

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

He's got brilliant press resistance with his composure. I'm not concerned for him like I am about Fred under pressure. Having said that - it's only a positive if teams start to focus on him. It will open up loads of space for Rashford, James and Martial to run freely at.

Skills

Snitch
Looks like a player. I give it 6 months before Old Trafford's serial groaners and moaners suck any kind of creativity out of him. Our fans don't like players who take risks/chances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was asking players to move into positions or make runs and then made the passes, movement is so unnatural for our players, especially fullbacks.

He has made superb start to his Manutd career, hopefully he will carry on like this. I have no doubt when we lose the game and he doesn't score or assist, his stats will be used against him and the history will be rewritten saying how he was never good at all, always lost the ball and all that.

This guy has very good shooting technique and threat from long distance, can create chances from deeper positions, good crossing technique. He has got everything, high risk high gain player, something we desperately needed, even more so after Pogba's injury.

We have scored 5 goals with him on the pitch, he played big role in 4 of them.

Canagel

I'm here for this all day long. Has the right arrogance needed for a big club

Robbie Boy

Why do his stats in here still say he has no goals?

Anyhow, yeah I've been hugely impressed by him so far. I had only seen snippets prior to us signing him but he always looked a really exciting player and the kind that we have been desperately missing. So far, so good and he is making watching us a far more entertaining experience, I absolutely love it when he gets on the ball.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm here for this all day long. Has the right arrogance needed for a big club
Look how many times he's looking over his shoulder and checking for where his opponents, team mates and space are.

That's the sign of a top class player, it's one of the most important things you can do in a match.

It's exactly why he knew his marker was about to come and try to tackle him, but nope he just popped it around the corner. Lovely stuff.

He'sRaldo

Exactly, and the more of these players we have on the pitch, the harder and harder it gets for the opposition.

I remember in previous games Bruno was struggling a bit to get on the ball because of a few factors, of which our midfield was one. Improving that will go a long way in increasing his influence on the pitch.

He'sRaldo

True, but just him alone will make a big difference i think. I saw some analysis on TV that was pretty interesting. Our midfield this season, and especially when McTomminay was injured never tried to vary their passing. Any and all threat from midfield came from Fred and at times Matic, and most of the time they tried a low pass into Martial/Rashford. Problem was that they took about 2-3 seconds to long every time, which meant the opponent could reorganize

This was made even worse after Rashford injury and as a result we became incredibly predictable and easy to defend against. Watch Martial closely and intercept the passes going to him and our only choice left is hitting it wide. No passes behind the defense means the other team also can push up pretty high with little risk and press us in midfield

Introduce Bruno. Not only does he move a lot, creating space for himself and others, but more importantly he has a great range of passing and is not afraid to hit some high risk passes behind the opponents. That makes us so much more unpredictable and much harder to defend against.

Its no coincidence that our best form under Ole (caretaker) came when Pogba was in brilliant form
I think I remember the analysis you're talking about. The attacking midfield has definitely been a huge problem, teams were comfortable sitting deep and predicting the ball would eventually go wide. Bruno can go a long way in alleviating that, but he still needs to be found and not nullified in the game. In such tight games, things that can nullify him are lack of threats (so the oppo can focus more closely on him), lack of runs and movements to open up the defense, and lack of players able to consistently supply him the ball when he's in the pockets of space.

For instance, I remember when Pereira played at CM and Bruno at CAM vs Wolves, the former was awful and simply couldn't supply our man the ball, meaning Ole decided to switch it around and play Bruno at DM to get him on the ball (similar to what he thought up for Pogba, mind). It wasn't that effective. I think the more optimal solution is to play a midfielder who can consistently find Bruno from deep in a packed area, be it Pogba or someone else.

Watford having a go at us was a bit surprising, they pressed our CM leaving acres for the 3 in front of them, whereas the teams we traditionally struggle with just sit deep in numbers. If Bruno himself can singlehandedly alleviate our struggles against such deep teams, I'll be quite surprised.

He'sRaldo

He's got brilliant press resistance with his composure. I'm not concerned for him like I am about Fred under pressure. Having said that - it's only a positive if teams start to focus on him. It will open up loads of space for Rashford, James and Martial to run freely at.
I was quite surprised with his awareness. Having just come from the Portuguese league I expected slower, less intense play from him. I guess since he's played in Italy before he's no stranger to a higher-level league.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Next Di Maria. Starts off with a few goals/assists and real moments of quality then starts to get sick of the weather and relentless demands of the English game and by the end downs tools in hope of moving back onto the continent. Bruno Flopnandes.

Robbie Boy

Next Di Maria. Starts off with a few goals/assists and real moments of quality then starts to get sick of the weather and relentless demands of the English game and by the end downs tools in hope of moving back onto the continent. Bruno Flopnandes.
That's the spirit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thanks for bringing us back down to earth.

RedCurry

Funny you say that, I was just thinking the other day that Bruno is the player I wished Di Maria was. Gets kicked around, just stands up and sprints again. In his short period here, he seems tough.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Not even Scholes could play with the intensity Bruno brings. He simply didn't have the legs for it. I'd argue that Bruno is a better fit for the modern game than Scholes as well, in 2020 Scholes would be less likely to get a look into a top side.
Post of the year!

SAFMUTD

He attempts a lot of high risk/high reward passes, like many have said this will be used against him if things go south for him in the next games but I think the risk is worth he can be the key to open up teams. Im tired of all those "safe" passes from side to side that contribute to absolutely nothing. Its nice to have someone who isnt afraid to take risks for a change.

Icemav

He attempts a lot of high risk/high reward passes, like many have said this will be used against him if things go south for him in the next games but I think the risk is worth he can be the key to open up teams. Im tired of all those "safe" passes from side to side that contribute to absolutely nothing. Its nice to have someone who isnt afraid to take risks for a change.
Because of this he might be the kind of player that when he loses a bit of form it could be frustrating. But he obviously has some serious quality in that right foot and needs to be encouraged. Its also the reason we cant rely soley on one midefielder to offer most of our creativity, like with Pogba when his form drops. Having them both in the same team would be great but we know that possibilty is complicated at the moment. Also why we need to be looking at a player like Havertz to strengthen in this regard.

Last edited:

bushyzor

Not even Scholes could play with the intensity Bruno brings. He simply didn't have the legs for it. I'd argue that Bruno is a better fit for the modern game than Scholes as well, in 2020 Scholes would be less likely to get a look into a top side.
You forgot the white text!

SAFMUTD

Because of this he might be the kind of player that when he loses a bit of form it could be frustrating. But he obviously has some serious quality in that right foot and needs to be encouraged. Its also the reason we cant really soley on one midefielder to offer most of creativity, like with Pogba when his form drops. Having them both in the same team would be great but we know that possibilty is complicated at the moment. Also why we need to be looking at a player like Havertz to strengthen in this regards.
Completely agree with you.

Son

I’m not sure about that mate. I was huge Deco fan and he was your typical number 10. He became more of a 8 at Barca but I don’t recall him being comfortable in wider positions.
Your probs right actually. I think I got him mixed up with Giuly a little maybe for Barcelona.
I’m no expert on the pre-Guardiola Barcelona at all tbh.

meamth

8 games run? Pogba has been registering double figures for assists+goals every season.

I’ve not seen Pogba whinging, I do, however, see a lot of United fans doing this overtly emotional weirdo thing where they have to attempt to shit on a player in order to enjoy/feel good about another.
The last straw would be when the stretford end abused him at the end of last season.

Pogba fed up. Can't blame him.

El-Manos

Go away

Status
Not open for further replies.