Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think Rashford has been one of our poorest players post lockdown, palace game aside where he was very good. Bruno has been producing something in nearly every game. Making chances and majorly influencing our play and popping up all over the pitch. I don’t see that with Rashford currently at all. I’m not a stats person but I’m sure stats would back that up. Rashford is understandably probably rusty coming back off a very serious injury so I’m not really sure why you used him as example? Martial I could understand...
Not saying Rashford is our best player currently, I just brought him as an example of a player seen in poor form yet he's had a great game more recently compared to Bruno. As for our best player currently that's definitely Martial. By far our most consistent player.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Why terrible? Several good shots on goal, has hit the post, scored a winner.
Probably because he is knackered. His positioning and movement was great which lead to him being so involved in us almost creating great chances throughout the game, he just had a terrible game as far as weighting passes etc... Not much went his way. When everything goes through him it's possible to be both critical and full of admiration at the same time, I thought he had a terrible game for his standards but at the same time I do love his contribution.

Adamsk7

I love Bruno, already my favourite Utd player because apart from his obvious quality on the ball, he just has the character of our very best players down the years. He is very capable of having a bad game but even in those, he stands up to be counted in the decisive moments. He works hard, says all the right things and seems a genuine, likeable guy. We couldn’t have spent £60m any better IMO.

Personally and I totally get why some may be against this, I think we should be looking at a new deal for him if he remains this important (spoiler - he will) in to next season. He’s so pivotal and I’d hate for him to be down the pecking order of earners at the club when he deserves to be right at the top. Hope the club rewards his brilliant performances and attitude ahead of time end he doesn’t need to wait until the middle/end of his current deal.

He’s a future Captain and potential club legend in the making. I want him here until he retires

romufc

If Bruno plays a bad game, is it okay to say it or should we tiptoe around it?
If he has a bad game, we need to say it but it is also worth remembering the difference between a bad game and a bad player.

Alot of times players have bad games / make mistakes and the posts on here are not good enough, championship standard, need better.

Bruno over the last 4/5 games has lacked influence in the game, he needs to start influencing games again like he did when he first came.

We seem to play great football, Bruno livens up when we get the ball up the field however; we seem to spend like most of the time playing the ball in our defensive third and struggle to get the ball to Martial, Bruno, Greenwood.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bruno predicted it. :lol:

He knows how fickle fans work which is great. I think coming from Sporting where they practically beat up the players is probably a good thing for us - nothing will feel like the pressure he went through there!

He seems level headed and will take the praise or criticism in his stride and just keep doing what he does.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
My favourite player currently. I know that sometimes he doesn't play as good as people expect him to be but this guy never stops trying. And he's never missed a penalty for us, that in itself is already a HUGE contribution given our history about missing penalties before he arrived. He's exactly the type of player we need, one who is still confident about winning the game even if he has a bad/average game. The best signing since van Persie in my opinion.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining Bruno having a decent game on Monday I watched a compilation of his performance.

Yes, some misplaced passes and wastefulness. However, besides scoring the winning penalty under pressure (which isn't easy as Raul Jimenez will tell you), he played some gorgeous passes through to our forwards. One for Martial in the first half where Tony's bundled over from behind could've led to a goal, one for Rashford in the second half of normal time should've led to a goal. Then two that were maybe an inch from leading to goals, for Greenwood in the second half of normal time and another for Martial in extra time. That's ignoring the square ball to Mata that should've led to a goal but ultimately led to Lindelof hitting the post, not to mention Bruno himself hitting the post and stinging the keepers hands from range.

I've seen a lot of bad performances this season, including from Bruno himself as the Premier League season came to its conclusion and he stumbled in exhaustion to its end. He did not play badly on Monday night.

Just to make sure I wasn't imagining Bruno having a decent game on Monday I watched a compilation of his performance.

Yes, some misplaced passes and wastefulness. However, besides scoring the winning penalty under pressure (which isn't easy as Raul Jimenez will tell you), he played some gorgeous passes through to our forwards. One for Martial in the first half where Tony's bundled over from behind could've led to a goal, one for Rashford in the second half of normal time should've led to a goal. Then two that were maybe an inch from leading to goals, for Greenwood in the second half of normal time and another for Martial in extra time. That's ignoring the square ball to Mata that should've led to a goal but ultimately led to Lindelof hitting the post, not to mention Bruno himself hitting the post and stinging the keepers hands from range.

I've seen a lot of bad performances this season, including from Bruno himself as the Premier League season came to its conclusion and he stumbled in exhaustion to its end. He did not play badly on Monday night.
Yep, frustrating performance at times. Two misplaced passes on the break especially, one he went for the wrong option instead of playing in Rashford down the line and the other he woefully underhit his pass. But all the chances he did create will get swept under the rug because they didn't end up as assists. Can't believe I'm seeing an agenda on twitter from our 'fans' against one of our best players who has been one of the biggest factors in this incredible run we've been on.

Do I want him to stop messing up easy passes and make some better decisions? Of course, and I think he'll improve. But he still brings about 50x more productivity to this team than any of our other options, while also transforming the way we play and bringing a winning mentality.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Let's be fair, he was shocking against Copenhagen, the worst player alongside Rashford in that game. Probably the first time he ever hit below rating of 6 in my player's rating. Missing passes is fine because that's Bruno always play risky passes & direct play. However, in the Copenhagen match he was actually misplaced simple passes and failed to control simple ball as well as failed to hold the ball. Feels like watching Pereira or Lingard.

However, despite of poor day, he managed to made something out of nothing, he had two good attempt shots which one of them hit the post. That's top class attacking mid, whether you played bad or good, you can be a match winner & still a threat for goals.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Taking questions at the press conference alongside Ole. He's absolutely got a winner's mentality, no question.

That was painful to watch. Poor questions I thought from the journalists, when of course they managed to get their question across.

Thought Ole and Bruno answered well, but it’s as you would expect.

The United

Let's be fair, he was shocking against Copenhagen, the worst player alongside Rashford in that game. Probably the first time he ever hit below rating of 6 in my player's rating. Missing passes is fine because that's Bruno always play risky passes & direct play. However, in the Copenhagen match he was actually misplaced simple passes and failed to control simple ball as well as failed to hold the ball. Feels like watching Pereira or Lingard.

However, despite of poor day, he managed to made something out of nothing, he had two good attempt shots which one of them hit the post. That's top class attacking mid, whether you played bad or good, you can be a match winner & still a threat for goals.
Yes, let's. No, he was not.

Ekeke

A few nice passes, he just doesnt miss penalties. Great finish. Extra marks for scalding Lindelof after he made that criminal mistake for the 2nd

He'sRaldo

Had a good creative game, more patient and accurate with his passes as well.

Ole's comments last game must have resonated with him.

mu4c_20le

Some of his final balls in the first half was frustrating. But he also played some lovely long balls that created chances. Slightly better than the league run in, but still needs some rest. Liked the leadership he showed on the pitch, even though he got bollocked for it

He'sRaldo

What did Ole say last game?
He was talking to that Copenhagen player saying Bruno was helping them the whole game by giving the ball away. Bruno was right beside them as well, but took the criticism well.

I thought it was a good move by Ole, seems to have worked.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I thought he played his best game in a long time. Created plenty of chances for our attackers and converted the penalty yet again.
Agreed, and it seemed Ole instructed him to drop a little deeper instead of playing as a second striker as he had been doing too much recently.

Bruno is at his best transitioning the ball into the final 3rd before picking a pass.

Eddy_JukeZ

His best game in a long time.

I'm not sure if I like his anger/blame directed at Lindelof on the field like that.

Bwuk

Best game in a while. Supported the midfield a lot more. Outstanding pen.

lsd

The Oracle
He has to be captain next season . He is the only one on the pitch showing any leadership qualities at all and can back up any bollockings he dishes out with the performances and efforts he puts in

Fracture90

It seems to me that his long pass game is much sharper than his short pass game. Too often he misplaces the crucial short pass in the final third.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Our best and most important player by a country mile

Looking forward to seeing what he can achieve given an entire season at the club

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Best player for us tonight. And good on him for having a go at Lindelof for the second goal. Just make him captain already.

Status
Not open for further replies.