7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCurry

Sometimes with Bruno I forget that he’s still new to the league and like any other player has to adjust to the pace of premier league.

GorgeousGeorge

Some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous! Especially considering they we had to endure Lin and Pereira most of the season...

He has just won POTM twice in his first 2 months in the league (first in Prem league history) and first twice in a row for Utd since Ronaldo. We haven’t lost a single game since he has been at the club. He has also got the most assists for Utd this season within 12 games, and since he’s been here he has had more G+A than any other player in the league in the same time frame, has been in the team of the week most weeks and has been MOTM more times than not.

I think Pep has brainwashed an entire generation on what attributes makes a good footballer.

Reactions: Ødegaard

AFC NimbleThumb

Top player.

His poor pass almost cost us with the Palace ‘goal’ but his elevation of his teammates since coming in is remarkable.

His engine is also a key component, never stops running - can’t wait to see him live.

jackal&hyde

He's a bit wasteful, isn't he? I get that he's always looking forward and trying to set up things, but i feel like he's forcing the issue on occasions when his tunnel vision sets in. It's alright to slow down a bit on occasion.
It's happened more in the last 2 games. I think it's mental tiredness, needs a bit of a rest but we have no depth there so it is what it is.

zenith

He's a top player, though I'm sure ole and team will work with him over time to try and slightly adapt his game where he can still keep those high risk passes going, without conceding possession in dangerous areas. Especially in our half and at crucial moments

jackal&hyde

He's a top player, though I'm sure ole and team will work with him over time to try and slightly adapt his game where he can still keep those high risk passes going, without conceding possession in dangerous areas. Especially in our half and at crucial moments
Same issue with Pogba. They are trying a bit to hard maybe.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I've had enough of him taking risks. It's time we go back to playing it safe.

I'd drop him for the next few games and make him work on passing the ball. I'd have him train alone in order to not disturb the first team. Moreover I would have him tarred and feathered if he misplaces another pass.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

I'd drop him for the next few games and make him work on passing the ball. I'd have him train alone in order to not disturb the first team. Moreover I would have him tarred and feathered if he misplaces another pass.
That would be really stupid and Ole said already he wants his players to have freedom and making mistakes. Otherwise you have LVG football. Lets not create a drama here

AgentP

He is the one making us tick. Everything goes through him. He has two sub-par games and our team has struggled in both games. We need him at his best for the last few games if we want to finish in top 4.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Another assist and the width of the post away from another goal: That's Bruno for you. Honestly, him and Pogba are badly served by the weakness of our squad. Both have looked very leggy in the last few games and that's a product of having nobody who can replicate what they do. We're running them into the ground. Although if we can keep winning it'll be worth it.
Honestly i dont think a club in the world has backup of that calibre, but our problem is that our back ups at no 10 is not PL standard even.

With Brunos arrival, return of Pogba and our recent good run its easy to forget our squad is still paper thin in certain areas. Another good CB, a MF and a quality versatile attacker is needed if we want to complete on all fronts

Le Red

There is a reason he has such insane stats both for Sporting and for United. He makes such low percentage lets call it forward passes or shots that other wont either A. Attempt or B. Have the quality to do them.
Those MAKE goals and will unlock any defense which is why he keeps trying it and trying and knocking on that door and forcing it until it eventually goes through. If you keep making the safe pass or a lateral pass your not going anywhere. His mentality is "lets keep going at them and making them defend those uncomfortable situations until they budge.

Its not an accident he has the stats that he does.

Even with a meh performance this and last game he still had his influence on the scoreboard with an assist in each game.
I understand what you mean but I think with maturity his sense of opportunity will improve and he'll have better judgement regarding the timing of those passes.
If it's a bother for the defense to deal with the risky passes all the time, imagine not even knowing when they're coming, that makes defenders insane.
Take David Silva for comparison, he tries a lot of difficult passes but he knows when to take the defense by surprise and when to do a more pedestrian play.
Of course, Bruno is still settling in the PL and I think a lot of these passes are him testing the waters and seeing what works and what not.
Eventually he'll cut out the most inefficient plays and work on the rest. The prospect of him evolving even further is so exciting!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm not sure why some people on here are going overboard and making out others are saying he shouldn't take risks at all. It's not all or nothing. Well, it shouldn't be, and that's actually the problem. For the last two or three games he's been going overboard with what he's attempting to do, and it's costing us possession and goal scoring opportunities because he's rushing and mishitting what should be fairly easy balls.

Of course he's always going to give the ball away a bit because he does try to force the play. That's exactly what we've needed. But that doesn't negate him from all criticism when he is consistently going overboard.

Hopefully he'll kick back into form soon.

Bwuk

Wasn’t great but still getting assists.

Will never be annoyed at someone trying to create and be progressive even if it doesn’t come off. We’ve got enough side ways passers as is.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Agreed, we need more sideways passing!

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous! Especially considering they we had to endure Lin and Pereira most of the season...

He has just won POTM twice in his first 2 months in the league (first in Prem league history) and first twice in a row for Utd since Ronaldo. We haven’t lost a single game since he has been at the club. He has also got the most assists for Utd this season within 12 games, and since he’s been here he has had more G+A than any other player in the league in the same time frame, has been in the team of the week most weeks and has been MOTM more times than not.

I think Pep has brainwashed an entire generation on what attributes makes a good footballer.
Totally agree, he's trying and making things happen and I love that about him, plus he's helping getting more from pogba. If they're not tired or Injured all the better because it keeps Lingard, mata and pereria from first 11.

Sylar

Reading his stats at the top of the page is ridiculous. Id defo have him rested from the beginning vs Chelsea (though im thinking start Pogba).
Then its just 2 matches left (and hopefully we put ourselves in a position to take him of vs West Ham).

Based Adnan

I take it his ball for Rashford's goal won't go down as an official assist as it nicked a Palace player?

Strelok

0 Agreed we should play Fred &.McT like we usually do against stronger sides, their energy can prevail in a match like this.
Bruno desperately needs a rest, front three too, Matić got some today but we all know he's gash when overplayed.
He has started all our matches since he came. This guy just wanna play all the matches I think.

Even in my FM save he's exactly the same. Great leader, my best player for years despite my world class squad. Always highest number of assists, highest average rating whatever it's PL or CL, most MOM etc. But tbh he's a pain in the a** to manage. He always has the highest number of matches started, second only to DDG yet he's constantly moaning about lacking of game time. It's incredibly hard to keep him even "satisfied" with his game time. Every once in a while he shows up and complains about his game time. It's driving me nut. I really wish in the chat options I would have something like "get off my a** will you, you already have the highest number of games started possible. I need to keep you fit and our backups need some fecking game time once a while fps. They barely play at all"

Verbalkint

Great play from Bruno. Seemed tired but was always on the run. This guy just won't be beat. It's this winning mentality that we needed so much all this time. On a poor day he'll still hit the post and have an assist. Incredible.

izec

Our last two managers don't rest, they love our players tired and knackered. Jose and Ole have no clue about squad management/rotation. Yes Bruno is an important player, but you have to have priorities, imagination, tactics and organisation. If you want to win every game every 3 days, playing the same players every game for months won't cut it.

romufc

Our last two managers don't rest, they love our players tired and knackered.
Maybe because he does not trust the rest of the squad. Its not like he gave Lingard and Perreira ample opportunities this season.

georgipep

Our last two managers don't rest, they love our players tired and knackered. Jose and Ole have no clue about squad management/rotation. Yes Bruno is an important player, but you have to have priorities, imagination, tactics and organisation. If you want to win every game every 3 days, playing the same players every game for months won't cut it.
What are you on about? The season restarted less than a month ago. Ole never played the same players for months. And he has shown plenty of desire to rotate, including since the restart, it's a matter of priorities, as you said. He just prefers to win games and get to the highest position possible, not necessarily giving Mata, Lingard and Pereira game time.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I understand what you mean but I think with maturity his sense of opportunity will improve and he'll have better judgement regarding the timing of those passes.
If it's a bother for the defense to deal with the risky passes all the time, imagine not even knowing when they're coming, that makes defenders insane.
Take David Silva for comparison, he tries a lot of difficult passes but he knows when to take the defense by surprise and when to do a more pedestrian play.
Of course, Bruno is still settling in the PL and I think a lot of these passes are him testing the waters and seeing what works and what not.
Eventually he'll cut out the most inefficient plays and work on the rest. The prospect of him evolving even further is so exciting!
I have to agree with this as well, he’s only played what...10-12 games in England? He for sure will be feeling it out and with his coach like mentality he will start to tailor his game or know what works and what does not sooner rather then other. He still is not in his prime and he can only get better which is an enticing though!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Poor performance. Being a risk taker is not an excuse for missing what should be fairly easy passes for you main number 10. He's obviously allowed leeway given he's been absolutely brilliant for us but in the last two games we've suffered from his inability to execute passes that are supposed to be the link between midfield and attack. Hope he returns back to his best for the next two games as it's possible that Martial and Rashford have an off day upfront. Particularly Leicester will swamp our midfield if ours doesn't turn up.

Stacks

I just enjoy watching him play. Even when he’s playing badly there will be moments that get you off your seat. The flick up/volley pass was a foot or two away from being glorious, he got an assist, played a vital role in both goals and was the width of the post away from scoring yet another goal. Not bad for an off day!
Its what I have noticed. When I think he is playing rubbish he will somehow register a goal or an assist. weird player

Mike Smalling

That would be really stupid and Ole said already he wants his players to have freedom and making mistakes. Otherwise you have LVG football. Lets not create a drama here
Agree. Also think the tarring and feathering might be going a bit overboard, as it would maybe make him look bad to the rest of the team and probably take a long time to clean afterwards.

macheda14

The issue is we aren’t able to rotate and play against the teams we have been playing against. We’ve struggled to break down teams all season and have only been able to dominate games with Pogba and Bruno on the pitch. Thats exactly why there are rumours that we’re after someone like Grealish.

Ole has played different teams in every game pretty much all season, but now we HAVE to win and there’s only one way to do it. Having our best players on the pitch. However I can foresee us resting a player or two against Chelsea because we play better against them when we sit back and hit them on the counter.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Wasn’t great but still getting assists.

Will never be annoyed at someone trying to create and be progressive even if it doesn’t come off. We’ve got enough side ways passers as is.
Agreed, it's so exciting watching him play.

Roosney

Just had a dream where he went studs up / kung fu kicked some opponent's chest and got a straight red and we lost. Still fuming. Sack Ole, sell Bruno!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It is funny you would say that. He used to get a bit of stick for rotating to much when he was at Molde.

Probably shows that he is really not confident with his squad.

Kag

Bollocks. We haven’t had a manager who understands the importance of a first XI since Ferguson decided to recklessly tinker with the first team (to our detriment in big games). Ole is that man. Gone are the days of ludicrous selections and incessantly pointless rotation. It’s fantastic.

It’s also worth pointing out that our cover options for Bruno are Championship players. It makes necessary rotation even more difficult. We won’t win many football matches if we replace Bruno with the likes of Pereira and Lingard. Ole knows it, too.

red4ever 79

My favourite player. What an impact this guy has had. Walked in the dressing room and immediately everyone followed him. Takes risks, even when he is quiet he is creating chances, having assists. It is essential we keep Pogba to play alongside him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not at it for the 3rd game in a row and our performance suffers badly. It’s really not good that our entire performances rely on him playing well.

He was still our best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.