7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Last time I wasn't worried about scoring a penalty was probably in Cantona era... and maybe Ronaldo at some point.

Good to have him.
Exactly how I feel, there was no doubt in my mind he was going to score that one. Same feeling in the one against Leicester, its good to have him.

Red00012

Some of his decision making needs to be addressed . Sometimes it’s ok to make a square pass

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Personally think he's getting a bit too much stick on here at the moment. Yes a few passes were poor tonight, but you always get the impression he's the one that's going to make something good happen.
It's actually quite the contrary. people are extremely lenient with him and turning a blind eye to most of his feck ups, feck ups that other players would get slaughtered for. It's been a good 7 or so games that he's putting in these performances where he loses the ball cheaply and make wrong decision yet people keep talking about him not having his best game "today".

At what point people actually acknowledge that he's in a rut and has been putting in average and bad performance for a while now and demand that he steps up. People excuse everything he does with the argument that he's a risk, creative player so he should be forgiven when he fecks up his risky pass. Sure that would be understandable if he was only messing up those risky passes but that's not the case. He messes up simple passes and plays and concedes possession cheaply.

Canagel

His performances aren't good. When he isnt statspadding from penalties I don't remember anything of note contributed by him in the game

Matriac

His performances aren't good. When he isnt statspadding from penalties I don't remember anything of note contributed by him in the game
Oh yeah he never did any passes that our other forwards didn't convert since the oppo keeper had the game of his life.

E-mal

I though when was poor especially decision making. We need another creative midfielder to help him and pogba out during bad games. May be a Thiagoeor Grealish.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It's actually quite the contrary. people are extremely lenient with him and turning a blind eye to most of his feck ups, feck ups that other players would get slaughtered for. It's been a good 7 or so games that he's putting in these performances where he loses the ball cheaply and make wrong decision yet people keep talking about him not having his best game "today".

At what point people actually acknowledge that he's in a rut and has been putting in average and bad performance for a while now and demand that he steps up. People excuse everything he does with the argument that he's a risk, creative player so he should be forgiven when he fecks up his risky pass. Sure that would be understandable if he was only messing up those risky passes but that's not the case. He messes up simple passes and plays and concedes possession cheaply.
While I wont disagree to your points, I think we're all lenient with him because despite being bad he shows himself. He is active no matter what which results in either a goal or an assist, and his penalties is stone cold. I thought he would miss it today after his worst game for the club but he happened to score it and honestly, that's the important thing. We should have won 4-0 if he was on his game, to say that is a huge upside. To say we won, after his penalty goal despite him being so bad and involved offensively isn't necessarily a big negative. It's just the trust he has in himself that rubs off on the viewer or something because you could tell he was disappointed with himself after the game and I was too, but he was still able to smile and I did too.

There might be cause for concerns if he shows bad body language while playing bad, without putting up numbers especially if he isn't being substituted or have no competition, but that's not an issue at the moment is it.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If I"m going to be critical of Bruno, there are times when he is trying too much to force it. I like that he's always looking forward, but there are times when he picks the wrong pass. At one point tonight in the second half he picked up the ball just inside our half. Rashford was sprinting up the right wing, and Martial down the middle. He had a clear line to Rashford, but he tried to pick out Martial and the pass was easily intercepted. Had he passed it to Rashford, Rashford would have then had a clear line to pick out Martial. He should have recognized that. Either way though, he's been fantastic so this is just me being critical...

Silas

As much as I've enjoyed his presence, there are two things that annoy me:

1. Completely abandons the midfield at times. With Fred sitting in between the CBs, it leaves Pogba completely isolated in the middle. Potentially down to instructions though.

2. It feels like when he decides to make a pass, no matter what happens between him making that decision and his feet coming in contact with the ball, he'll attempt it. So many times a man would clearly cover the lane and he'd still play the ball, right into the opposition's feet. Focusing too much on the pass/runner and not his surroundings? Maybe. But it's sloppy, and not something I can excuse with "he's trying to make things happen".

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
First half was low key like most others.
But he was very entertaining in 2nd half and extra time, and made his presence felt. And yet agin, without being magnificent, he is the match winner.
Love this guy. What a guy.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I thought he played well today, don’t understand the stick he’s getting.

They played the defence and midfield very close together at times, which takes away the space which he uses. After the first drinks break he improved, so I suppose the coaching staff spotted this and adjusted something.

He has sat his bar pretty high, but a “bad” Bruno is still better than a “good” most players.

Reactions: VeevaVee

Eddy_JukeZ

As much as I've enjoyed his presence, there are two things that annoy me:

1. Completely abandons the midfield at times. With Fred sitting in between the CBs, it leaves Pogba completely isolated in the middle. Potentially down to instructions though.

2. It feels like when he decides to make a pass, no matter what happens between him making that decision and his feet coming in contact with the ball, he'll attempt it. So many times a man would clearly cover the lane and he'd still play the ball, right into the opposition's feet. Focusing too much on the pass/runner and not his surroundings? Maybe. But it's sloppy, and not something I can excuse with "he's trying to make things happen".
It's clearly down to instructions.

We've been playing this way for a while now.

It'll work vs the cannon fodder. Whether it'll work vs better teams remains to be seen.

Silas

It's clearly down to instructions.

We've been playing this way for a while now.

It'll work vs the cannon fodder. Whether it'll work vs better teams remains to be seen.
Yeah, should've used "most likely" in retrospect.

That's my worry. I'd prefer we adopted a 433 formation rather than a 4231 but, Matic aside, I guess there's an issue with personnel.

Last edited:

Redlyn

He is a very wasteful player. Creative but wasteful, the anti Mata. At first we thought it down to tiredness but I feel what we are seeing now is his level. What we had before was a magical purple patch and now things have settled down a bit. Still a good, productive player but not untouchable.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He is a very wasteful player. Creative but wasteful, the anti Mata. At first we thought it down to tiredness but I feel what we are seeing now is his level. What we had before was a magical purple patch and now things have settled down a bit. Still a good, productive player but not untouchable.
That's what I'm starting to think as well. When he first joined he had an incredible period. Then he slowly dropped off and actually had a few games where he was truly bad. I suspect that today is closer to his 'normal' level, where he is somewhere in between.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Only him and Greenwood looked like scoring. Aside from that, the AWB block, and maybe a Martial dribble, did anyone do anything of note?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Personally think he's getting a bit too much stick on here at the moment. Yes a few passes were poor tonight, but you always get the impression he's the one that's going to make something good happen.
It'll all be forgotten if he plays well next game, it's the attacker's way.

TsuWave

it looks like Ole knows he’s way too wasteful:

he was giving you the ball:lol:

Must’ve been bittersweet for Zeca tonight, being a United fan and all

Blood Mage

His obsession with attempting hollywood balls in moments where a simple pass would suffice almost reminds me of Anderson. I am starting to get frustrated with him, even if he is still the most productive player we have.

SAFMUTD

His form has dropped for the last 4-5 games, of course there was no way he could sustain that incredible form in the long run. But still he's a top player, he'll get back to it no doubt about it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His obsession with attempting hollywood balls in moments where a simple pass would suffice almost reminds me of Anderson. I am starting to get frustrated with him, even if he is still the most productive player we have.
Yeah he definitely has to up his possession play. We won't always be winning these many penalties.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Think he has set the bar way too high with the way he has began his career here. That’s why many, including me, have been quite critical of him of late.

Mark Pawelek

It'll all be forgotten if he plays well next game, it's the attacker's way.
He played well in this game. Some fantastic shots; could easily have scored 3 or 4. If he ups his possession game he won't be Bruno anymore; he'll become another Mata.
7 shots on target
3 key passes
0 off-sides

Last edited:

Strelok

You have a really bad memory it seems. How about him hitting the post ? Or the keeper had a fantastic save twice? Or his pass to Greenwood where the boy missed the control? Or ... well I don't have a good memory either so that's all I can remember.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Our attack was disjointed today, lots of bad touches and decisions.

Still, he is so productive. Should've had a couple of assists, and took some good shots. I'm sure he'll be even better in the next game.

Leethal

You lot are fecking mental.

Complain about us not creating anything, then we get someone who creates a fecking shit-ton, and you still moan. Obviously he's going to lose possession more than most; but feck me, when something he's attempting comes off it's a goal/attempt.

I'd rather a player who attempts to create something, than someone playing safe side-ways and backwards passes. Ask him to play safe, and we might as well have bought someone else.

Giggs used to get the same idiots moaning, too, about his possession loss.

zenith

He does not have a negative bone in his body. Always looking for the killer pass.

Just wish he would play 15 yards behind where he usually does. It'll give martial a bit more space, help out pogba and bring bruno long range passing to the fore.

Kostov

That was a bad game by his standard, yet he was closest to scoring a goal besides Martial. He really needs to learn to step back some times and let Pogba or Martial make the flashy things while he keeps things ticking. Some very annoying moments but otherwise a 6/10 performance for me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You lot are fecking mental.

Complain about us not creating anything, then we get someone who creates a fecking shit-ton, and you still moan. Obviously he's going to lose possession more than most; but feck me, when something he's attempting comes off it's a goal/attempt.

I'd rather a player who attempts to create something, than someone playing safe side-ways and backwards passes. Ask him to play safe, and we might as well have bought someone else.

Giggs used to get the same idiots moaning, too, about his possession loss.
This is a problem some people have. It doesn't have to be one extreme or another. You can be a creative player without giving the ball away as often as cheaply as he does.

Something a lot of people gloss over is how he gives the ball away, too. It's not all from attempting Hollywood balls. The amount of easy passes he misses is remarkable, and he's pretty weak under pressure, too.

& yes, it was a problem with Giggs, too. Although his ball retention looks like Scholes in comparison to Fernandes.

Leethal

This is a problem some people have. It doesn't have to be one extreme or another. You can be a creative player without giving the ball away as often as cheaply as he does.

Something a lot of people gloss over is how he gives the ball away, too. It's not all from attempting Hollywood balls. The amount of easy passes he misses is remarkable, and he's pretty weak under pressure, too.

& yes, it was a problem with Giggs, too. Although his ball retention looks like Scholes in comparison to Fernandes.
Giving the ball away is a by product of being creative and adventurous.

I'm sorry, I'm finding it super difficult to be critical of Fernandes after all he's brought to us from an attacking perspective. I'll take the bad with the good, any day of the week. Even when playing poorly, his style still facilitates a key pass or attempt on goal.

Also RE: Giggs - I'm older. I distinctly remember the amount of shit he got constantly for his loss of possession. It was incessant.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Giving the ball away is a by product of being creative and adventurous.
You're right that this why he gives the ball away for the most part, but even when he's attempting the easier balls he can be very sloppy, which is strange considering he has great technical ability.

I don't think it's bad to play the easier balls over the Hollywood ones from time to time either. Keeping possession, forcing the opposition to move from side to side chasing the ball will eventually cause gaps in their defence. We don't always need to force it.

I'm sorry, I'm finding it super difficult to be critical of Fernandes after all he's brought to us from an attacking perspective. I'll take the bad with the good, any day of the week. Even when playing poorly, his style still facilitates a key pass or attempt on goal.
Fair enough, mate! Regardless of my complaints, he has been a brilliant signing.

Terminator

I understand and appreciate that he is a risk taker but one thing that needs to improve for sure is his passing during a fast transition. Misplacing passes against a set defense is acceptable but not in this case. He needs to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.