7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

He basically paid back his transfer fee less than 6 months after arriving.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Part and parcel of players who try and force things. I'd much rather prefer that to players who would opt for the safer option. With the pace we have in our forwards, eventually those difficult passes etc. are going to come off.
I also don't want him changing. It's frustrating but what makes him the player he is.

Robertd0803

He has been phenomenal since we signed him.

Knackered today but still played pass of the match and it took some bottle to score that penalty.

Now give the poor lad a rest before the Europa League.

E-mal

He needs a complete break from football, he is knackered.
He has been good, but God do we need a cover urgently. Enter Jack Grealish /Thiago

SAFMUTD

Had a shitty game, it seems exhaustion has gotten the best of him. Still class in penalties.

TsuWave

Pretty poor again. Needs his rest, but he also needs to cut out all those inshallah passes. Gives the ball away too often

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Good penalty. Even if Schmeichel did his best spider impression, Bruno was never distracted and the trick worked once again. It's like a cheat code.

Tony247

Garbage today. But considering matches he played and the role he played to bring the club in this position is tremendous. great penalty as usual. Now go and get some rest.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Hope he's rested until at least the final in the EL. It'll give us an opportunity to work out whether Pogba's the right replacement #10 and Fred / McTominay can step into CM, and Fernandes doesn't seem to know his own limits so needs someone else to pull him out.

RooneyLegend

How he ended the season isn't sustainable but hopefully that's just because he's running on fumes. Huge signing he's been.

RooneyLegend

Hope he's rested until at least the final in the EL. It'll give us an opportunity to work out whether Pogba's the right replacement #10 and Fred / McTominay can step into CM, and Fernandes doesn't seem to know his own limits so needs someone else to pull him out.
Honestly doesn't need that much rest.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Been beyond tired in these last 3 matches, but POTY despite arriving late January.

el3mel

There was someone here who said on his poor days he's like Rooney on his poor ones and I'm honestly starting to agree. He takes risks with his passes all the time and this is appreciated, but on his poor days he'll get most of his passes blocked and the end result will look really terrible.

I think we need to manage his game time next season as he can't play every game imo.

Steven7290

watching him the last 3 games or so remind me of Sanchez playing for us, whata traumatic experience that was.

@SportingCP96 it is all your fault. but on a serious note have you seen him like this ever for Sporting?

Strelok

Tbh he had a bad game today and visibly still knackered. Even more than the last game. But that pass to Martial worth it all. Love the man :devil:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Yeah first time since his arrival I saw that many bad touch, bad pass from him. And he could barely run at all. Need a big vacation I think.
Agreed,he was genuinely struggling to run after the PK. :lol:
The first 11 should be getting a good break now,finally.

Tony247

I think we need to manage his game time next season as he can't play every game imo.
No player will be able to play every game. Hence need squad depth so that Bruno type of players are fresh and available for tough matches.

Castia

Running on empty. In a perfect world he would have been rested earlier but we had no other option really.

Idxomer

The pace of the PL caught with him lately, he needs to be more economical with his efforts and also not try to get someone on goal with every pass. I know he's a high-risk high reward player but at this level, ball retention is very crucial.

It's difficult to explain but it's sometimes not even about ball retention, look for example the pass where he tried to get Rashford on goal he had Greenwood on the right but a pass to him won't result in a direct chance, so he opted for the more difficult choice and didn't come off and this is just one instance but it's something he does constantly. He's a very good player but if he irons these things in his game, he'll competing for PL POTY next season.

el3mel

No player will be able to play every game. Hence need squad depth so that Bruno type of players are fresh and available for tough matches.
We had squad depth for this one though. Push Pogba forward as 10 and play 2 of Scott, Fred and Matic behind him. No need to play both every game imo. We'll have to go in some games with one of them.

OneUnited24

Just looks like he hasn’t got enough in the tank to get enough power on his passes. He’s a all action player in a new league so it was bound to happen. Rest him until the final of the EL if we make it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Has been the difference since we signed him. He needs a rest though.

We need cover for his position next season and then sign Sancho as well. Maybe a covering LB as well.

RUCK4444

What a signing. No doubt he got us over the line for top four in gaining the points we needed since the restart in particular.

Hope he can have a nice rest as the pace of the league has caught up to him. Want him fresh to go again next year :devil:

ash_86

Man pulled us from a mid table finish to top 3. This is what world class players do. They elevate the team and make the team better instantly. Sining of the decade for us.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Sorry, I'm not buying this he was rubbish today. His energy levels have vanished, the lad is exhausted has been obvious for the last 3 games, but he still created 2 clear cut chances which if our strikers had been able to finish, with that penalty we'd be making him man of the match again.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Pretty terrible again tonight, but it’s obvious he needs a rest. You can tell how tired he is because at the start of him coming in his work rate was demonic and our midfield was much more solidified, but these past couple weeks he’s basically been doing a Dele Alli impression playing right behind the striker and leaving Matic and PP on an island.

Hopefully he gets back to his best after a deserved rest

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
watching him the last 3 games or so remind me of Sanchez playing for us, whata traumatic experience that was.

@SportingCP96 it is all your fault. but on a serious note have you seen him like this ever for Sporting?
It’s quite obvious he is physically exhausted. Keep in Mind before coming to United and dragging them to 3rd he was literally carrying the tragic team that is Sporting the best that he could. I’ve seen every game since he joined united and I can see he is knackered and needs rest.

As for the question, yes he has had dips in form just like any other player but just like he’s doing at United he still somehow ALWAYS gets his numbers let it be by a goal or an assist.

I can guarantee he will be fine, he has shown and proven his quality already in these 6 months.

Strelok

It’s quite obvious he is physically exhausted. Keep in Mind before coming to United and dragging them to 3rd he was literally carrying the tragic team that is Sporting the best that he could. I’ve seen every game since he joined united and I can see he is knackered and needs rest.

As for the question, yes he has had dips in form just like any other player but just like he’s doing at United he still somehow ALWAYS gets his numbers let it be by a goal or an assist.

I can guarantee he will be fine, he has shown and proven his quality already in these 6 months.
Seems he's become a professional at the job. Carrying tragic teams :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

Nowhere near his best today but it is as clear as day that he looks absolutely shattered. He has started every single game since arriving in January. Hopefully now gets his well deserved break.

But what a signing he has been! He has virtually been our turning point. Look at where we were in the league table when he first arrived. We were miles behind 3rd placed Leicester City and now we've finished above them in 3rd place. Haven't lost a league game since he arrived either.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We need cover for him, to rest him. Ideally we should get someone who can cover a range of positions in the MF/10 area, like Grealish or VDB.

Adamsk7

What a player. He’s absolutely knackered but still contributed. There was a period in the second half where the commentators were talking about him being tired and he was sprinting back to track a player and looked like he was running in treacle! They both went “see!” and it was painfully obvious. I wouldn’t worry about him going in to next season - I think he will be even more influential and give us a 30+ goals and assists season. We just need some decent cover, whether that’s a new player for his position (Grealish/Sancho) or Pogba to play there and we get a back up for him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I thought his first half was a bit better than he'd been in the last few matches, but then in the second half he dropped right off again. I'd just started getting very frustrated with him when he played the through ball to Martial to win the penalty, and then of course put it away himself.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He looked so utterly out on his feet the last three or four games I thought he might actually collapse never mind complete a difficult pass. Absolute desperate measures to keep playing him under these circumstances but really just a definitive case of needs must. In the end it worked (albeit just barely) but certainly not something we should even consider risking doing again next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.