Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

And who will be our Kane? Poch also lives and dies by the 4231
yeah, but Poch has some movement and knows hot to get the best out of a 10. We pass it around with no movement and purpose. Today was the prime example. You can only shine in our system by shooting from distance, dropping deep to receive the ball and make the passes your teammates should do to you and by pulling off skills and dribbling by yourself.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thought he looked well. Confident on the ball, wanted to move forward, was always looking to do something, which is something we don't have enough of. Had a few sighters and clearly has a cracking shot on him, which we'll no doubt see more of.

People suggesting he was poor sums up their ability to gauge football in my opinion, which explains a lot of the barmy behaviour here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Still dont know why he played very deep, sometime, he even played deeper than Fred. And seems like he dont like to run, or I'm wrong?

Is there any stat about his distance covered?
Because we don't have any central midfielders. Pogba, McT, Matic all out. Expect and hope he'll play further up once they're back.
He did seem to move up during the game though, but we had nothing going on and let Wolves arrange themselves every time.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Well when you're shifting an attacking midfielder back he'll always be crap defensively. It's just not his game, as for the passing yeah it was kinda off. It's not a great debut but I think considering the circumstances it was alright and definitely looks promising.
Yeah, thinking about it, being shifted back looked to throw his game completely out of whack. Looked a bit desperate and bewildered back there

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Really pathetic comments on here, what the hell do people expect?

Unfortunately we live in a society where everything is now, and no one has any patience. It's pointless saying to some of these people to have patience, as they have already made their minds up.

Godfather

Looked ok. Shame he had to play so deep in the second half

Last edited:

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
I thought he was great and would be a good player in a functional team with forward movement. Or with a player that could pass. Or an actual striker.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Which of our midfield non scoring failures had to be accommodated at his expense by moving him deeper later on?

Thiagoal

Considering he only signed on Thursday; knows none of our players and all the emotional toll a transfer entails I thought he could be very proud of his performance! Just a shame he didnt have a Matic or McT out there providing a sturdy base! Basically if one of these guys is missing we’re in real trouble no matter who is playing up front!

MrPooni

Wasn't receiving the ball in the first half so had to drop deep for the second, only once he did he had no intelligent movement in front of him so he couldn't really do feck all. Explains why he swapped shirts so quickly at full time :lol:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Ole isnt the guy to get the best out of him. He wont be the player we all hope he will be

Sounding like Rock me Amadeus, but Poch is the guy (see Eriksen)
That is a great assessment. I never considered that Bruno can be molded into the same player Eriksen was under Pochettino. I m not sure how much more creative Bruno can be, but at the moment, Bruno looks more like a lampard than a Eriksen. Did Bruno attempt any key passed this game? He seemed more concerned about scoring from 30 yards than he does creating. There needs to be a fine balance, as Bruno seems to shift more to the selfish kind of attacking midfielder than the selfless type. However, I think Pochettino will encourage Bruno to keep shooting. Son, Eriksen, and Kane are known to shoot consistently outside the box under Pochettino when in good shooting position.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he gave a pretty good account of himself for only 1 training session with us. Got stuck in, popped it about couple of sighters of goal. Tried some more risky passes which yeah didn’t always come off but at least he took the, on which is more than I can say for some of the other “creative” midfield types.

I actually think he’ll end up playing in the 2 and we’ll get a 10 eventually pretty sure his best season for sporting was from that position.

He must have been hating life with Mata and Perreria. The amount of times he gave the, the ball and moved and they took too long on it or did the usual and took the safe option back to someone.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'll tell you one thing, I bloody hope he isn't having to fight with Fred over who takes every freekick.

Castia

We wasted Pogba for years playing him deep and its already starting with Bruno. A guy who's scored 45 goals in 18 months almost playing DM in the second half whilst Mata and Pereira attack? absolute disgrace.

Andersons Dietician

Pogba vibes...

As in a top player being played out of position because those around him aren't good enough. We wasted Pogba for years playing him deep and its already starting with Bruno.

A guy who's scored 45 goals in 18 months almost playing DM in the second half whilst Mata and Pereira attack? absolute disgrace.
Guys he has played there many times before.

Castia

Guys he has played there many times before.
Yeah and its his weakest position in the midfield. He's an attacking goalscorer bought to score goals and create chances.

Lets have the guy who's bagged 45 goals in cdm whilst Pereira pushes forward.

Obviously a massive waste playing him there, not sure why you made such a stupid comment.

thepolice123

If you ask me I thought he got thrown to the deep end today. Just terrible management by Ole. Never should have played the full match or even started it.

We are looking at a player who just touched down in Manchester a few days ago. He barely trained and gets shafted in CM, a position which is not even his best, against a very good Wolves side. Just an all round terrible way to introduce him. The press will be out for his head tomorrow.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah and its his weakest position in the midfield. He's an attacking goalscorer bought to score goals.

Lets have the guy who's bagged 45 goals in cdm whilst Pereira pushes forward.
He was a much better passer than either and for all we know he was gassing by that time not being used to the pace of the league. He’s not a 10 for me anyway but less of the histrionics would be nice until he settles in and we see where he is deployed.

SER19

If you ask me I thought he got thrown to the deep end today. Just terrible management by Ole. Never should have played the full match or even started it.

We are looking at a player who just touched down in Manchester a few days ago. He barely trained and gets shafted in CM, a position which is not even his best, against a very good Wolves side. Just an all round terrible way to introduce him. The press will be out for his head tomorrow.
The media seem to be impressed with his performance. Unlike, of course, many on redcafe

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Really good debut for me, considering he'd only had 1 training session. Loved it when he went in full blooded to that moutinho challenge. Can't wait for him to twat one top bins from 30 yards, it's definitely happening.

Castia

He was a much better passer than either and for all we know he was gassing by that time not being used to the pace of the league. He’s not a 10 for me anyway but less of the histrionics would be nice until he settles in and we see where he is deployed.

If Pogba was on the field and Ole wanted to change it up then yeah fair enough but when we're sacrificing him to essentially push Pereira up its a joke.

Been watching United for 35 years, Pereira must be about as average as ive ever seen in the shirt.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'll tell you one thing, I bloody hope he isn't having to fight with Fred over who takes every freekick.
I hope he does, it’s good to have a left footer and a right footer arguing over the kick. They’ll know before the free kick is won who will really be taking it but its best the keeper doesn’t and I’m OK with Fred taking the odd curler if it puts a moment of hesitation in the keeper before he decides which leg to put his weight on.

Andersons Dietician

If Pogba was on the field and Ole wanted to change it up then yeah fair enough but when we're sacrificing him to essentially push Pereira up its a joke.

Been watching United for 35 years, Pereira must be about as average as ive ever seen in the shirt.
Don’t disagree with you but I’d rather have a guy who is actually good on the ball and can pass and tackle than Pereira who was eventually shoved out wide with Mata central as Bruno and Fred held the line.

If anything Ole should have whipped James, Perreria and Mata off earlier and still played Bruno where he ended up.

I have no issue with him being played where he was eventually.

the chameleon

This is Bruno's very first game for us. He was playing for his brand new club that he signed for less than 48 hours ago. He didn't have a soft debut, he was playing with horrendously out of form a players. With a coach who doesn't seem to have much of clue. Despite all of this, he did well.

We can't expect every player to make an instant impact or score a belter on their debut. You have to also remember he coming from a slower and far inferior league. So, there was also an element of getting used the pace of the league. Many players, never even adapt. Let's give him some time rather than look for holes in his performance.

Eddy_JukeZ

Decent debut.

Hopefully he doesn't play in a double pivot again though. That's just a waste.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Thought he played well, considering he's been at utd a few days. You can see the intelligent passes and moves he tries to make and I see why he was deployed deeper in 2nd half as pereira yet again offered nothing in Central areas. I'm pleased with Bruno and look forward to him being involved with rashford, pogba and McTominay

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
He's going to be a really good base for the new midfielders we bring in and the new wide players going forward.

Moiraine

I think he looked bang average. Didn’t dare to take on any wolves player, run with the ball or beat one. Most of his passes were sideways or back, when eventually he tried to pass forward or clinical in the final third, he gave the ball away. Really have to work hard on his passing as well. Long way to go to become a player what fans expected to see after his YouTube compilations.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Instantly forgettable match from everyone including him. First impression - he's fond of a shot.

Not going to crap on him, who knows what's to come in the future? No need to get down on him, it's just one match. Not going to say he played well just to be nice because it was debut either. There are circumstances to take into account too like others have said, just arrived, nobody else particularly played well etc. Still, don't think he played well today when t comes down to it.

Just saw this, suppose you can make statistics say whatever you want them to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.