Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well actually if we sell Pogba, I would say we can play all 3 together. Grealish plays on the left of a front 3 for Villa. And we could play a midfield 3 of Bruno, Maddison and McTominay with the latter playing a holding role. Akin to a 4-3-3 that City play. Of course doing this would either mean playing Rashford through the middle or at RW and I don't know if the management plans on doing that. But I don't think it's impossible to fit Grealish, Maddison and Bruno together.
Even better!!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
A lot of posters on here seem to rate negatively players that create most of their chances from set-pieces. I think there is some credence to the idea that crosses tend to be harder to score from than through balls etc. I think that criticism is aimed at Maddison more who can have largely quiet games like Fernandes did yesterday but will generally put in a few wicked corners/free kicks every game.
Makes sense. Anyway he will have ups and downs for sure, let’s see what’s the development of the team and not into 1 player alone. Next game in Belgium is difficult imo.

tjb

I don't think too many people here are familiar with how a no.10 is supposed to play. Fernandes was perfect last night, the problem came from the inability of the people behind him to make the passes to him when he found good positions between the lines. He was constantly making himself available and was always useful when he had the ball. It's the same reason, despite my criticism of him, why Pogba is made to play deeper for us. We really struggle bringing the ball out of defence to attack quickly.

tjb

Technique rarely lets him down when you compare him to Lingard and Pereira. Just a really clever player. He will get better with time and probably won't see the best of him till next season
This is one aspect of our play that isn't recognized by our fans, but is the main factor for why we are where we are. Our former teams did not play perfect passes and because the team played at a higher more direct tempo, they had to and were able to maintain control on the ball even in tight situations. Our current lot for the most part get consistently dispossessed when they don't have a complete advantage in a duel against the opposition. Fernandes showed that ability to easily control and retain possession and bringing in a few more players with this ability in our attacking third will help us retain possession and move the ball faster higher up the pitch.

Inter Yer Nan

Looks to have a touch of class on the ball. Obviously it's asking him a lot to just become the main guy and certainly main creator right away especially with Rashford out. Seems to be neat and tidy, is calm on the ball and works hard. Set pieces, of course are what have stood out most so far. Very important we got him now so he's basically got 4-5 months to adapt to the team, league, expectations etc; think he'll be one of our key players in no time.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Looks to have a touch of class on the ball. Obviously it's asking him a lot to just become the main guy and certainly main creator right away especially with Rashford out. Seems to be neat and tidy, is calm on the ball and works hard. Set pieces, of course are what have stood out most so far. Very important we got him now so he's basically got 4-5 months to adapt to the team, league, expectations etc; think he'll be one of our key players in no time.
You get the feeling he will have no problem with this and like you I think he will just naturally become the key in our buildup, it's what he does and yeah, his set pieces already look fantastic.

Inter Yer Nan

You get the feeling he will have no problem with this and like you I think he will just naturally become the key in our buildup, it's what he does and yeah, his set pieces already look fantastic.
Yeah, it's good that he'll sort of naturally take up the role. Even when (if) Pogba comes back I think Bruno is more of a leader and with his heart being in it will assume the role. It's a lot to ask of him right away but if he's got the mindset to do it then I think we have a winner because he clearly has a touch of class about him.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Even when (if) Pogba comes back I think Bruno is more of a leader and with his heart being in it will assume the role.
It will be interesting to see the dynamic of the relationship between Pogba and Bruno when / if they get to share the field. Footballing wise it could be brilliant.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It will be interesting to see the dynamic of the relationship between Pogba and Bruno when / if they get to share the field. Footballing wise it could be brilliant.
I think Pogba is more a creator & Bruno is more versatile - will not be the most creative but will set up chances but also score goals, be defensive and work hard and make intelligent runs.

If Pogba does make a comeback - I think the inability to find Bruno higher up on the pitch when he makes those intelligent runs like yesterday will be instantly gone & likewise help our forwards or fullbacks with much more space to attack.

pseudo_canadian

He was class. Though I feel like we’re not feeding him the ball enough. He takes up really great positions in between the lines.

He’ll be even more lethal as we continue to flesh out that midfield with more talent.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Some banter between BF and Martial. :D

That alone is worth his millions. Giving tony a spark, a reason - some accountability to perform will work wonders for us. Highly talented players are only really driven when they have equally or more talented players around them.

Any time Tony stepped on the field before bruno and he had a stinker he’d just go home and shrug his shoulders. With Bruno around keeping him accountable you’re going to see him score headers like he did

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bruno Fernandes covered most distance by any player on the pitch against Chelsea, covered 11.52 kms.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
In addition to leadership, energy etc. what MUST be celebrated is that we are finally dangerous again in set pieces, with Bruno. Great cross from the corner to Maguire, obviously resulting in a fantastic goal, but his free-kick attempt was also sublime, even if it did hit the woodwork and didn't end-up a goal. Next time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bruno Fernandes covered most distance by any player on the pitch against Chelsea, covered 11.52 kms.
Not surprising, he was up with the attack, then when defending back covering also. He's got the perfect mixture of talent and hard work, he's got the swagger but not the ego which is nice.

He really is similar to KDB in that sense, and it's the perfect recipe. I absolutely love the guy already.

People say 1 signing can't/doesn't make a difference, but he really could be what energises us and drives us on this year.

As a poster above mentioned, he clearly hates losing and is a fiery person, we need that in this squad.

roonster09

Scout
Not surprising, he was up with the attack, then when defending back covering also. He's got the perfect mixture of talent and hard work, he's got the swagger but not the ego which is nice.

He really is similar to KDB in that sense, and it's the perfect recipe. I absolutely love the guy already.

People say 1 signing can't/doesn't make a difference, but he really could be what energises us and drives us on this year.

As a poster above mentioned, he clearly hates losing and is a fiery person, we need that in this squad.
Yeah but he will have many doubters as twitter accounts post some stats without context and people will keep using that.

Biggest of them all is "possession lost", such a useless stat.

For example, you can tell Trent Arnold is very good RB for creating so many chances or he is a shit one using tweet like.

Adam-Utd

Yeah but he will have many doubters as twitter accounts post some stats without context and people will keep using that.

Biggest of them all is "possession lost", such a useless stat.

For example, you can tell Trent Arnold is very good RB for creating so many chances or he is a shit one using tweet like.
This is why stats in football will never beat the eye test.

You can have all the analytics you want but it only tells you so much. They used the same stick to beat Pogba with, give me a player that wants the ball and tries to create 1000x over somebody who just hides or plays the safe/square pass.

What good is a 95% passing accuracy if you never go forward or create a chance? LVG football with United was the perfect example of that.

Obviously there's a fine line between being wasteful, but sometimes you have to force the pass and take a chance to create a goal.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I think Pogba is more a creator & Bruno is more versatile - will not be the most creative but will set up chances but also score goals, be defensive and work hard and make intelligent runs.

If Pogba does make a comeback - I think the inability to find Bruno higher up on the pitch when he makes those intelligent runs like yesterday will be instantly gone & likewise help our forwards or fullbacks with much more space to attack.
... of off the pitch problems.

theklr

I am very, very excited to see if Bruno can finally help us overcome the type of game that will come against Watford, where we will have most of the posession against a low organized defense most of the match.

I imagine there will be alot of shots and through ball attempts from him. Just hope Martial will be instructed to always try to get in the box for them or the rebound when Bruno has the ball.

Seems Bruno isnt shy to keep trying shots even though they fail most of the time.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not a surprise for PT folks: he's a fantastic endurance athlete. Might not have explosive speed, but he likes to be involved in all the phases of the game.

Adamsk7

For me, he’s brilliant. Everything he does is quick and with great intent - fast passes, whipped crosses, shots that are either on target or only marginally wide, good runs, good positioning.
he’s already one of our best players after two
Games.

I think he’s a bit of a bargain in the current market and with a couple of good additions in the summer, I can see him getting 15 + goals next year.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He really is a breath of fresh air and a well needed boost for us as things were looking bleak. However why we didn't just sell Pogba and get Bruno in during the summer is anyone's guess. We'd be comfortably top 4 now for me if we had. We're almost there right now (3pts) and Pogba has played what 5/6 games and Bruno just twice.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
As most have said, it will take some time for us to get used to him and him to get used to the players around him.

But as a primary assessment, i think we couldn't have gotten a player more suited to our needs at the moment.

Personality wise, he seems like a very strong character, already giving instructions on the pitch and off it.

Ability wise, he has a good mix of pressing and tenacity off the ball, and loads of quality on the ball.

Looking forward to his progression, but im confident we've gotten this one right.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
As most have said, it will take some time for us to get used to him and him to get used to the players around him.

But as a primary assessment, i think we couldn't have gotten a player more suited to our needs at the moment.

Personality wise, he seems like a very strong character, already giving instructions on the pitch and off it.

Ability wise, he has a good mix of pressing and tenacity off the ball, and loads of quality on the ball.

Looking forward to his progression, but im confident we've gotten this one right.
Add Sancho & Grealish this summer and get rid of the dabbing prat and we'll be looking even better. Just got to get that CL qualification sorted.

Raw

He really is a breath of fresh air and a well needed boost for us as things were looking bleak. However why we didn't just sell Pogba and get Bruno in during the summer is anyone's guess. We'd be comfortably top 4 now for me if we had. We're almost there right now (3pts) and Pogba has played what 5/6 games and Bruno just twice.
There are so many games this season that we could easily gained more points in had we had Pogba or Bruno playing.

Wolves x2, Southampton A, Everton H, Villa H, Bournemouth A and Newcastle A. That's 16 points dropped this season. From what I remember these were games where we had the majority of possession but simply couldn't break them down due to lack of creativity. Had we even obtained half of those available points, we'd be 5 points ahead of 4th and 4 behind 3rd.

I know it's easy to look back at these games and say we should have won them, I'm sure the other top 4 candidates have plenty too, but it's the fact that we could have obtained these points if we didn't feck up on buying Bruno. It's so frustrating, but what can you do.

roonster09

Scout
This is why stats in football will never beat the eye test.

You can have all the analytics you want but it only tells you so much. They used the same stick to beat Pogba with, give me a player that wants the ball and tries to create 1000x over somebody who just hides or plays the safe/square pass.

What good is a 95% passing accuracy if you never go forward or create a chance? LVG football with United was the perfect example of that.

Obviously there's a fine line between being wasteful, but sometimes you have to force the pass and take a chance to create a goal.
Yeah, I would always back players who tries to create chances. One of the reason why I always supported Nani, he used to lose possession but even on bad days he used to create chances.

Also this guy's work rate is superb, we don't have to play average 10s as AM just because they are good at pressing, we have very good player who can create chances, has superb shooting technique, very good set piece taker and on top of this has excellent work rate.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There are so many games this season that we could easily gained more points in had we had Pogba or Bruno playing.

Wolves x2, Southampton A, Everton H, Villa H, Bournemouth A and Newcastle A. That's 16 points dropped this season. From what I remember these were games where we had the majority of possession but simply couldn't break them down due to lack of creativity. Had we even obtained half of those available points, we'd be 5 points ahead of 4th and 4 behind 3rd.

I know it's easy to look back at these games and say we should have won them, I'm sure the other top 4 candidates have plenty too, but it's the fact that we could have obtained these points if we didn't feck up on buying Bruno. It's so frustrating, but what can you do.
We've dropped points in these kind of games for the last 3 seasons WITH Pogba. The simple truth is he's not as good as he and his agent thinks he is. He's world class about 3 games a season. KDB can do that in a month. Guy is a fraud.

Adam-Utd

We've dropped points in these kind of games for the last 3 seasons WITH Pogba. The simple truth is he's not as good as he and his agent thinks he is. He's world class about 3 games a season. KDB can do that in a month. Guy is a fraud.
Yeah, that simply isn't true.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah, that simply isn't true.
He's had about 10/12 stand out games in 3 and half seasons. He's a fraud. People trying to make excuses for him all the time. Rashford has played in same struggling United team and fights for every ball every single game. Pogba doesn't.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Did more in 10 minutes than the rest of our midfield did in 80.

Mike Smalling

This guy gives me hope. Miles ahead of Mata, Lingard and Pereira in every way.

I wonder how long it will take this club to turn him shit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That’s how you make an impact off the bench. Little bit keen to get a shot off but constantly trying to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.