5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

He didnt even look at AWB. This takes the no look pass to a whole new level.
I was in the pub and me and this fella both looked at each other and laughed at how ridiculous that pass was.

Not to mention takes balls of steel in case you get it very wrong. :lol:

OverratedOpinion

This is brilliant to see, posted in Pogba thread too. I hope fan base is united instead of nitpicking based on which player they like.
Pogba is such a virus he has turned to mocking his teammates celebrations and viciously poking them. All whilst having Blue hair!

romufc

We all didn't know what to expect because we have seen his performances dip over the past months.

That break has really done him good, he is looking sharp again, we talk about his goals but his all round game was outstanding again.

You can see from the reaction of the players, they know what a baller he is.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I was in the pub and me and this fella both looked at each other and laughed at how ridiculous that pass was.

Not to mention takes balls of steel in case you get it very wrong. :lol:
I laughed as well. After several throw ins Bruno decided to switch the play. It was getting dull to be honest so fair play to him :lol:

Ralph1386

That break has really done him good, he is looking sharp again, we talk about his goals but his all round game was outstanding again.
Which is why it is so important that Ole doesn’t play him 90 min in every single game.

romufc

Which is why it is so important that Ole doesn’t play him 90 min in every single game.
We can all blame Ole but lets be honest last season when Bruno didn't play games we had to sub him on at half time, hopefully this season he can get rests and we still get results.

MattofManchester

us....but in all honesty if I was thinking up a world eleven, I wouldnt even consider him as good as he has been, because I dont think he is world class
No other player in world football has stats up there with his in that position.

Pretty sure that's what implies he's a world class player, when nobody else in his position can match him.

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Shows how important a decent rest is to recharge the batteries. He should definitely play a bit less this season to ensure his performances don't drop, same with Maguire. They don't need to play every minute of every game (I know they didn't literally but you catch my drift).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We all didn't know what to expect because we have seen his performances dip over the past months.

You can see from the reaction of the players, they know what a baller he is.
As you say, I think it's fair that this is the level we should be expecting out of Bruno every week now.

The sloppy misplaced passes aren't "usual" for him, that's clearly a pattern of fatigue causing him to do it.

From now on we should be making sure he gets enough rest. We have to pick and choose wisely and not burn him out towards the end of the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Imagine had spurs succeeded in signing him....
They also tried to sign Grealish when he was in Championship. Imagine him and Bruno at Spurs, luckily Levy returned the favor. We saved them from Van Gaal which meant they signed Poch.

romufc

As you say, I think it's fair that this is the level we should be expecting out of Bruno every week now.

The sloppy misplaced passes aren't "usual" for him, that's clearly a pattern of fatigue causing him to do it.

From now on we should be making sure he gets enough rest. We have to pick and choose wisely and not burn him out towards the end of the season.

We did have games 2 times a week last season without a real break, now you can see it was clearly fatigue that was issue.

When he is fresh, he is actually a joy to watch. I still see him playing every week, the fixture list is more of a help this season so I don't see him burning out as much.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He didnt even look at AWB. This takes the no look pass to a whole new level.
That switch was also very important (not in the context of game as we had good lead), Leeds pressed us well and Shaw was struggling to take a throw in. We lost possession couple of time and got throw in again, ref had a word with Shaw to take it quickly. Bruno just released the pressure with one quick switch of play.

Tony247

That switch was also very important (not in the context of game as we had good lead), Leeds pressed us well and Shaw was struggling to take a throw in. We lost possession couple of time and got throw in again, ref had a word with Shaw to take it quickly. Bruno just released the pressure with one quick switch of play.
I think he pulled similar shot one more time in that game. Same 180 degree swing to AWB.

Pace Abuser

Its not just the goals and assists. It's the "way" he plays. It's magical and swashbuckling. He gets you off your seat. The confidence and suave is so entertaining. It's like he's dancing on the pitch.

mav_9me

Its not just the goals and assists. It's the "way" he plays. It's magical and swashbuckling. He gets you off your seat. The confidence and suave is so entertaining. It's like he's dancing on the pitch.
A lot of his play involves simple touches, subtle dummies, feints to create space, and of course how he always manages to find space to receive the ball. No extravagant skills. A lot of basic stuff that works exceptionally well. Not sure if I make sense. But yeah I love the "way" he plays.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Hope he is the catalyst to convince Pogba to stay. We need both.

Godfather

He looks absolutely mint. He was a bit spent at the end of last season, the summer break seems to have done him really really good. I love him.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Stats​
Before Bruno Signed​
After Bruno Signed​
League Games​
45​
53​
League Wins​
21​
31​
League Draws​
11​
16​
League Loses​
13​
6​

Not suggesting it's all down to him, but the turnaround since he joined the club in our league form has been immense. Our win percentage after he signed is 58% compared to 47%. Such a good signing for us, best signing since Ronaldo.

Tony247

Stats​
Before Bruno Signed​
After Bruno Signed​
League Games​
45​
53​
League Wins​
21​
31​
League Draws​
11​
16​
League Loses​
13​
6​

Not suggesting it's all down to him, but the turnaround since he joined the club in our league form has been immense. Our win percentage after he signed is 58% compared to 47%. Such a good signing for us, best signing since Ronaldo.
One thing that stats doesn't tell. After he signed we started playing more direct, our forward movement became fluid as he is always available in the middle for a pass and he quickly takes the ball forward. If one notice other teams stopped high pressing us or at least not succeeding in high pressing us since he joined. It is not entirely up to him, of course coaching should get credit, but nonetheless he is the most important factor.

Before bruno post match threads were full of complaining our tactics against high press. Not any more.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Hope he is the catalyst to convince Pogba to stay. We need both.
This is just me fanguessing but I believe Varane can be a good influence there. They are national team buddies

Anything is possible, this group made Cavani stay another year, there's feelgood everyhere at the moment

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
May get slaughtered but for me he isnt world class. What he does have is the ability to produce world class game changing moments. He also works and works and works....which is brilliant for the team, I just hope we can give him rests this season though as he ran himself into the ground last season and it showed after Christmas, he was giving the ball away often and looke dmentally and physically tired which culminated in his showign at the Euros, we need to try and keep him as fresh as possible for the business end of the season I feel
A post not worth replying to. Oh.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
I wonder why didn't he succeed in Serie A? This might be happening to some of our players that might need to play somewhere else to reach their potential.

AneRu

We did have games 2 times a week last season without a real break, now you can see it was clearly fatigue that was issue.

When he is fresh, he is actually a joy to watch. I still see him playing every week, the fixture list is more of a help this season so I don't see him burning out as much.
I still believe that rotating him and Donny/Pogba every now and then will work wonders for him and the team. When the CL and Cup games start I think its important to rotate because we will need players like Bruno, Pogba and Maguire at their best at the business end of the season where trophies are won and lost.

Last season was mental but we managed to do well however this season Ole has to be more deliberate in his efforts to make players like DVB, Martial, James etc credible rotation options so that fatigue doesn't cost us again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wonder why didn't he succeed in Serie A? This might be happening to some of our players that might need to play somewhere else to reach their potential.
He was a young player, happens that you don't fully hit your stride until your mid 20's. He was OK and had potential but didn't live up to it until he went to Sporting at 23.

E-mal

One thing that stats doesn't tell. After he signed we started playing more direct, our forward movement became fluid as he is always available in the middle for a pass and he quickly takes the ball forward. If one notice other teams stopped high pressing us or at least not succeeding in high pressing us since he joined. It is not entirely up to him, of course coaching should get credit, but nonetheless he is the most important factor.

Before bruno post match threads were full of complaining our tactics against high press. Not any more.
Also feel Maguire, Lindelof and obviously Shaw had alot to do with regards to this also.

SATA

I think we have really underpaid Sporting Lisbon for his transfer and on hindsight, they should have demanded much more. What a player :lol:

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He was a young player, happens that you don't fully hit your stride until your mid 20's. He was OK and had potential but didn't live up to it until he went to Sporting at 23.
Oh true true , I always forget he is only 26 years old. He looks way older than that with already 2 daughters and Im here with 35 years scared of applying to a new position.....

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I remember a few seasons ago Liverpool were one of the worst teams at retaining possession from throw-ins, they hired a coach and became the second best in Europe.

I hope we're paying attention to the level of detail needed to win trophies.

romufc

I still believe that rotating him and Donny/Pogba every now and then will work wonders for him and the team. When the CL and Cup games start I think its important to rotate because we will need players like Bruno, Pogba and Maguire at their best at the business end of the season where trophies are won and lost.

Last season was mental but we managed to do well however this season Ole has to be more deliberate in his efforts to make players like DVB, Martial, James etc credible rotation options so that fatigue doesn't cost us again.
100% agreed. I think we have to rotate our team alot more this season. I feel that we have a better squad which will allow us to rotate.

You will see that in CL and PL games once it starts, also we have to remember we have very tricky fixtures coming up in September / October.

lost7

Ole's gonna have to manage his minutes properly this season. People say him being tired was an excuse, but look at his game against Leeds and it's immediatey noticeable how much sharper he looked compared to the second half of last season/the euros.

I remember at points last season it felt like his finishing had fallen off a cliff and then now bang, hat-trick right away. He's destined to be a Man United legend

Ram1fy

Stats​
Before Bruno Signed​
After Bruno Signed​
League Games​
45​
53​
League Wins​
21​
31​
League Draws​
11​
16​
League Loses​
13​
6​

Rooney was signed a year after Ronaldo

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can anyone else think of another player, past or present, who he is similar too? I can’t and it’s bothering me. He has such a unique set of qualities. Maybe Cantona? But I don’t remember Cantona being anything like as busy.
Rooney is closest, just a Portuguese and bit more midfielder version of him IMO (and up until now I guess you can say the big game thing).

Fussball13251

He was a good signing to help Pogba. We needed another creative midfielder. This is why we finished second last season.

Point is we are closing the points gap on City.

I would also like to see Alphonso Davies at United at some point: https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...-teen-one-of-the-world-s-best-left-backs-9896

He's only 20.

As for José Mourinho. It was right to let him go, the game has changed alot over the years in terms of science and his tactic no longer works in the PL. There is too much science involved in today's game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.