Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The issue is his attacking play used to bail out his bad points. Right now his output has disappeared offensively so his weaknesses stand out even more.

He really needs to work smarter off the ball. I'm certain that ETH will improve him tactically, but it's clear that we need legs in midfield to support him.

siw2007

Another player who is desperately off form, he’s always been a bit sloppy on the ball at times but you could somewhat forgive him because he was usually further up the pitch and would produce the goods when he got it right. But when he’s playing a bit deeper and giving away the ball in more dangerous positions, and not delivering at the opponents end, then he’s just incredibly frustrating to watch.

MalaysianRed7

Forget his shocking performances for most of 2022, if he doesn’t keep the ball better under Ten Hag, Donny will be starting in no time. I’m not sure what to call it, so I’ll use the Twitter term ‘heroball’. Ten Hag isn’t going to accept this sort of heroball and profligacy in his passing, going by his work at Ajax. He has to be careful and at least learn to play football in a simple manner much more often.

The crumb of comfort though, is that even in a season where he has looked like an absolute donkey for the most part, he has scored 9 goals and made 12 assists. He made an assist in every single CL game he featured in aside from the one in which we got knocked out. There is a lot for Ten Hag to work with there.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He was one of the best performing players in the league. Not just some pereira upgrade. Dont try to rewrite hisrory there.

And when you say other players get pelters, whats the point youre making? Bruno doesnt? Have you seen the posts here in the past couple months?
How is being a massively better player than Perreira rewriting history? I said he was sensational in that three month period. He was one of the best players in the league at that point….doesn’t stop other players who have done similar from getting pelters. DeGea, Pogba, Rashford have all had periods where they have been amongst the best in the league. The thing is that two years later that doesn’t count for much for them, and rightly so, and it doesn’t count for much for Bruno because he hasn’t been amongst the best in the league for 18 months and has been pretty abysmal since last January.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How is being a massively better player than Perreira rewriting history? I said he was sensational in that three month period. He was one of the best players in the league at that point….doesn’t stop other players who have done similar from getting pelters. DeGea, Pogba, Rashford have all had periods where they have been amongst the best in the league. The thing is that two years later that doesn’t count for much for them, and rightly so, and it doesn’t count for much for Bruno because he hasn’t been amongst the best in the league for 18 months and has been pretty abysmal since last January.
Rashford has been consistently shite longer than Bruno. Its fine to vocally criticise players but the posts suggesting he has no place at the club are beyond hilarious really. Hes a super player in a rut.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Rashford has been consistently shite longer than Bruno. Its fine to vocally criticise players but the posts suggesting he has no place at the club are beyond hilarious really. Hes a super player in a rut.
I agree. At this point it is senseless to suggest that. I’m interested to see how he fairs under Ten Hag. As part of a structured system, playing how he played initially for us he could be sensational. Playing as he is currently though could be disastrous to the system. Let’s get this season over with and the players and fans can hopefully look forward to a better period.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is coming to a crucial phase of his career. He has to adapt. No top club is going to take his erratic behavior on the pitch. Think, he will because he is a brilliant player and he has the ability to make that switch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had a poor game but these types of videos are pretty daft. That wasn't his whole game vs Norwich, it's specifically the times he lost the ball.
Made by Pogba fanboy, what a surprise.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hes had a bad patch as has most the squad.

He has all the talent to flourish under the new manager and I find it particularly hilarious how posters have had enough of him after he carried us into 4th upon his arrival.
I’m not sure his ‘bad patch’ has been shorter than his ‘good patch’.

People are accepting that he isn’t playing well now, but this goes back to last season where the caf came together and decided to diagnose and dismiss it as ‘fatigue’.

SER19

Probably one of the players I'm least concerned about. One of our few top talents struggling alongside guys who've packed it in or are just not very good. No doubt at all that he'll be crucial in a well drilled hard working team, even though he's presently playing poorly

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
fecking shite again. And again and again. Build a team around him.. :lol: He is so not what some make him up to be, and how fecking annoying is it when he passes a ball to a player who isn't free so passes it back to him and he passes it back to them again! ffs.

Good thing we gave him a massive pay rise. Waste of money. Ten Hag should try and sell him, he will never fit into a team that needs to pass at high tempo.
That's what prime Barca used to do to wind up their opponents. We do it out of sheer cluelessness indeed

I mean he’s been insane for us in all honesty, his numbers are still exceptional... this is the first season he’s struggled, i just don’t know what the urgency was considering He still had 3 years.
It reeked of insecurity and just imagine it not just be a wage bump but a validation of his style of play and role for the team. Bruno actually feels reassured in how he plays, our club is a mess

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His carelessness with the ball in on a different level.
In terms of ball circulation, he's the worst playmaker I have ever seen. I can't even call him a playmaker. It's a flaw in his game even when he plays well.
In a positional play, those flaws are going to be a massive problem because attacks are repetitive and patient.

Last edited:

Matt851

His carelessness with the ball in on a different level.
In terms of ball circulation, he's the worst playmaker I have ever seen. I can't even call him a playmaker. It's a flaw in his game even when he plays well.
In a positional play, those flaws are going to be a massive problem because attacks are repetitive and patient.
All too easy to imagine Bruno being an expensive outcast under ten Hag. I just don't see how he will fit into a possession based system

Mainoldo

All too easy to imagine Bruno being an expensive outcast under ten Hag. I just don't see how he will fit into a possession based system
Thank god. Can’t wait for the day for him and Maguire to be outted. Death to the Ole era starts there.

Liverpool 4:0 Man Utd

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Same old, same old. No impact at the highest level. That big old contract will be a poisoned chalice for the next manager (or three). Doesn’t have the discipline and basics to just play a functional support role either.

el3mel

Another big game, another invisible dominance from Bruno Fernandes.

This guy is really the ultimate flat track bully. I thought Lukaku was the ultimate one but this guy takes the cake when it comes to big games performance while bullying shit teams with penalties.

OverratedOpinion

He is not a central midfielder.

He played most of the game in a midfield 2 with a 80 year old against Thiago, Fabinho and Henderson.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Bruno would walk into that liverpool team with ease. Klopp has publicly said he thinks he’s a top player. Also, did it ever occur to you geniuses that he loses the ball so often because he’s encouraged to constantly take risks because we’re a team of individuals?

You guys are nuts. We could have a front three of Maradona Cruyff and Pele and you lot wouldn’t be happy.
I mean that is crazy to say. Obviously, no, he wouldn't get into City's team as De Bruyne is a similar player but just better which most people don't dispute. Bruno is still a top player though, and on the tier below De Bruyne who is on a tier of his own. Of course he would get into Liverpool's team. He is literally exactly what Klopp loves in a player. A ridiculously hard working player who creates a huge mass of chances, is very talented and is always available for selection. Who is keeping him out? Naby Keita or Harvey Elliott/Curtis Jones or Oxlade Chamberlain? Come on.
I never normally do this but this time I just have to...:lol:

3KDré

Sick of him. Every big game we can’t build a single attack because he gives the ball away.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Right, call out a player when he's at his absolute lowest. Because a player has never looked different under a different manager/system?
I am certain he wouldn’t be in favour under Pep;
he has no patience and respect for retaining possession. I doubt he’d be one for Klopp either, as Liverpool’s midfielders are generally the less fashionable grafters and ball retainers for Liverpool’s forwards and full backs to shine.

Idxomer

Right, call out a player when he's at his absolute lowest. Because a player has never looked different under a different manager/system?
He wouldn't for the simple reason Liverpool went up a couple of levels after getting rid of their #10 who was actually better than Bruno.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's not the player I'm calling out. Own your silliness.
Own what? Bruno at his best is exactly the type of player Klopp loves. Klopp and Liverpool would get Bruno at his best without any problems. Literally all there is to it. Nobody is saying we are picking up the exact same version of Bruno and placing him there. Its what Bruno has shown in the past and can be. Same for Varane and sancho.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Own what? Bruno at his best is exactly the type of player Klopp loves. Klopp and Liverpool would get Bruno at his best without any problems. Literally all there is to it. Nobody is saying we are picking up the exact same version of Bruno and placing him there. Its what Bruno has shown in the past and can be. Same for Varane and sancho.
No he is not. Not in midfield just giving away posession

The Viper

What was the need of us renewing his contract? Apart from his initial purple patch, he has always gone missing in big games. When you give that kinda contract to a player it means they are one of the best players in the world and not to someone as inconsistent as him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't wait for us to look like a football team again under Ten Hag and everyone eating their words about guys like Bruno and Sancho

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Plays as well as he drives cars, apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.