Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His worst season probably in his career and still produced those stats.
Were they good chances? We don’t create lots of great chances and Bruno has been shite...so I’m guessing a lot of them aren’t good chances to be fair.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The thing where a player's entire career is irrelevant because their most recent season wasn't as good as previous years?
No the thing where all his defenders have are stats and he's been performing like shit for a season and a half.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s just cool to hate on him now.

He was never perfect and was always mis placing passes. The complaints were much more slimmer because his passes that were good would lead to goals.

Now that doesn’t happen because every single attacker had a shit season except one.

For the first time ever since joining us he is missing penalties because he clearly feels a pressure to perform below an arguably better penalty taker.

Someone will probably now reply about how they always never rated him.

UncleBob

It’s just cool to hate on him now.

He was never perfect and was always mis placing passes. The complaints were much more slimmer because his passes that were good would lead to goals.

Now that doesn’t happen because every single attacker had a shit season except one.

For the first time ever since joining us he is missing penalties because he clearly feels a pressure to perform below an arguably better penalty taker.

Someone will probably now reply about how they always never rated him.
:lol:

justsomebloke

No the thing where all his defenders have are stats and he's been performing like shit for a season and a half.
Or the thing where his detractors are so caught up in the negatives they've become accustomed to look out for that they miss the fact he's actually still providing quite a lot even when plays at a lower level than his peak.

You don't even have to look at his stats for that. If you just mentally tally the number of times he creates a chance or has a decent finish or makes a good defensive intervention during the course of a game, you most nights end up with a good deal more than most of his his teammates. As opposed to fuming about the 4 or 5 memorable botched passes you're expecting and dreading and which imprints themselves on your mind for that reason. The stats merely confirm the picture.

romufc

It depends what you think the stats reflect.
I didn't realise there is different ways of reflecting a goal and assist.

I thought goal is a goal, seems new that we are having to reflect what a goal means.

justsomebloke

Were they good chances? We don’t create lots of great chances and Bruno has been shite...so I’m guessing a lot of them aren’t good chances to be fair.
Why exactly would Bruno's chance creation stats reflect a lower quality of chances than the same stat for other players? Because it would mean you won't have to change your assessment? :)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Bruno had an xA of 0.28 per 90 in the league this season. The others on that list had (in order) 0.22, 0.16, 0.34, 0.36, 0.21, 0.30, 0.34, 0.24, 0.13.

So better than Odegaard, Silva, Saka, Kane and Cancelo, worse than Salah, KDB, Grealish and TAA.

UncleBob

I didn't realise there is different ways of reflecting a goal and assist.

I thought goal is a goal, seems new that we are having to reflect what a goal means.
Great.

Bruno‘s xA per match doesn’t reflect his overall performance and his negative effects on our performances. For some bizarre reason, some people only look at his stats and portrait Bruno as a positive in an overall shit season

justsomebloke

Great.

Bruno‘s xA per match doesn’t reflect his overall performance and his negative effects on our performances. For some bizarre reason, some people only look at his stats and portrait Bruno as a positive in an overall shit season
You don't have to look at his stats. Just look at the games, in an even-handed way.

romufc

Great.

For a bizarre reason you look at Bruno having a shit season and not realising despite the shit season him and others around him have had, he still scores goals, gets assists and creates chances to score.

Although he like many other players has had a shit season, he is still productive.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
It’s not Bruno who fecks up our gameplay.
It’s fecking Rashford and Pogba not giving a shit and McTominay hiding from the ball constantly.

Also when Sancho has off day he’s bloody awful. Elanga doesn’t have much football intelligence right now.

Bruno had bad season but the list of people fecking up our gameplay is long and there are many names before him.

Caesar2290

Someone pointed out and I will agree with that Bruno's drop in form coincided with Martial going off a boil.

Bruno needs someone that can hold up the play, open up spaces and bring other players into it. Martial used to fill that role.

Actually most of our team relies on an individual to do just that. Ronaldo and Rashford need somone to open up spaces for them to run into.

If only Tony could recapture a fraction of his old form.

Idxomer

Someone pointed out and I will agree with that Bruno's drop in form coincided with Martial going off a boil.

Bruno needs someone that can hold up the play, open up spaces and bring other players into it. Martial used to fill that role.

Actually most of our team relies on an individual to do just that. Ronaldo and Rashford need somone to open up spaces for them to run into.

He couldn't but we need someone in the same mould with a much better workrate.

UncleBob

For a bizarre reason you look at Bruno having a shit season and not realising despite the shit season him and others around him have had, he still scores goals, gets assists and creates chances to score.

Although he like many other players has had a shit season, he is still productive.
So was Nistelrooy, doesn’t change the fact that the overall impact on the team became negative.

Bruno has consistently fecked us over this season, giving the ball away in dangerous positions and generally being far too arrogant on the ball. His stats are miles away from being good enough to compensate for those downsides. People not wanting to see it is hardly a shocker, it was the same with Rashford and Lukaku

Maybe Ten Hag will get the best out of him, but if he keeps performing as he has for the past year or so then we’ll regret giving him improved wages.

Greck

It doesn't have to be Martial but a hold up striker could definitely do a lot. Anyone who can bring others into play really. I think ETH uses one at Ajax. At least when I see Haller he has a lot of back to goal and facilitating duty.

Ole had a preconceived idea of a central striker running in behind and scoring like the old days of the 442 he couldn't fathom how Ronaldo, Rash and Greenwood would be anything but 70 goals easy.

I think the need to balance our attack is why ETH specifically seems to be after a versatile attacker.

Kaushal

He is actually a brilliant player. Creative, technical, hard working, passionate but all his good football gets diluted by his needless hollywood passing and utter carelessness on the ball in possession. It’s almost like he gets anxiety if he doesn’t play risky football all the time. Hope Ten Hag is in the stands v palace and spots the problem right away when he casually gives the ball away time and time again. If Bruno cuts out this habit then I do believe he can be best no. 10 in the world. I rate him that highly and I hate him at the same time. Weird player.

Dansk

There are some people on here who seem to genuinely think that we should immediately terminate the contracts of every player who has a bad season, and should go out and sign 20+ players this summer since there'll be like three left after the insane mass-exodus that they appear to expect.

dinostar77

I've said it before, bruno doesn't play well with ronaldo as the no9. Not for utd or portugal. Maybe a different no9 will help him get back to his best. Or more competition for his place will help him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
There are some people on here who seem to genuinely think that we should immediately terminate the contracts of every player who has a bad season, and should go out and sign 20+ players this summer since there'll be like three left after the insane mass-exodus that they appear to expect.
Not sure if people realie that terminate contract is not something you can do unless there is a reason. Unfortunately being bad at football is not a reason.

Plus theres the whole issue of: Want to terminate the contract? Pay the full owed salary for the contract length (as a starting point). For a player like Martial that amounts to a cool £13m per remaining contract year in one lump sum if the player does not want to give away money to play somewhere else. Aka "that comes out of the transfer cash reserve"

Caesar2290

It's the FIFA generation for you. Players aren't treated as human being who are having an off season for various reasons, but because they are shit and their stats go down.

united for life

playing football manager has messed up their heads

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It’s so easy to hate on your best players in the clubs worst season. Bruno would make any squad at United because he’s that good. The numbers he produces are insane and if it were that easy other midfielders would do the same.

He is a live by the sword die by the sword player meaning he tries these risky passes that provide clear goal scoring opportunities but they don’t always pan out.

Bruno would get stupid numbers at City or any club in England because he’s just that good.

If you want to talk about his passing percentage stat that’s cute but make sure you talk about his goals and assists stat because those count for much much more then comparing 95% passing and 80%.

His confidence is clearly down but his quality should not be in question because if he played for a rival you would have to dish out more then what city payed for Grealish while you got BRuNo for peanuts.

Idxomer

In a week, you will see someone post his key passes stats and act like there's nothing fundamentally wrong with his game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was a truly shocking season from him, with that probably his worst performance of the lot.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Absolutely horrible today. No idea how he played 90 minutes. He is NOT a midfielder. The only way I'd ever let him in my team is if he played somewhere in the front 3. Otherwise he may not even make the bench.

CloneMC16

Horrendous season for him. Without stat padding, we see what he actually is. This isn't good.

Telsim

He created the most chances this season. Or something. World class, such and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.