Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
His two best passes came early - the cross to Rashford was quite good and the lovely dummy before putting Ronaldo in. Neither required him to play like the hero but were moments where he played a fitting pass for the situation. The way he goes for utterly bizarre passes a lot of the time is inexplicable for me. I'm not sure what the coaches are telling him but when you're chasing thr game you don't have to turn into this ball turnover machine. Some of his passing is akin to lumping it to a strongman upto and hoping for the best.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He treats the ball like a hot fireball.

He's so wasteful with the ball. Very frustrating player to watch.
Totally agree. I know when he’s on song he’s brilliant but I’ve never really been enamoured with him due to how fecking careless he is.

Even when he scores or assists I end up feeling frustrated with him still.

Greck

Football criminal
Honestly kind of glad people have started compiling his touches so the assessment of his game is deeper than 'that one pass that went through that could have got him an assist'. Look at some of those decisions, that's what people praise as 'being willing to try things'. Many of those passes don't have logic behind them. He's punting balls a third of the time.

Has good pass technique but his intelligence is probably a bit overrated. If we do as people say and build around him he will absolutely be the biggest problem here. At least we know where we stand with players like Maguire. There's little risk of starting a farce of a rebuild with them at the centre.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
If we could some how get him to reign it in and play it simple, he can still be a very good player. I'm not sure if anyone can get him to do that though, probably not at this stage of his career.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Meh. If we had a striker who can hold the ball up or make runs then Bruno would be better this season by keeping it more simple towards him.

Skills

Snitch
His two best passes came early - the cross to Rashford was quite good and the lovely dummy before putting Ronaldo in. Neither required him to play like the hero but were moments where he played a fitting pass for the situation. The way he goes for utterly bizarre passes a lot of the time is inexplicable for me. I'm not sure what the coaches are telling him but when you're chasing thr game you don't have to turn into this ball turnover machine. Some of his passing is akin to lumping it to a strongman upto and hoping for the best.
Tbf the one to Rashford was a hero ball. It was an unbelievable pass but no way was it the best most sensible option in that position

Gordon Godot

If we could some how get him to reign it in and play it simple, he can still be a very good player. I'm not sure if anyone can get him to do that though, probably not at this stage of his career.
GOod job we didnt just double his wages on a new 5 year deal then. And people try and argue the football decision making at this joke of a club is improving...

The Oracle

Football criminal
The second clip in the video (where he over hits a cross from the left of the area) really set the tone for the match I thought, it happened early on as well.

I did say that when he signed his new contract just recently, that I was happy, but that I hope he works on improving his game - namely not losing possession as often as he does.

I should have known... a leopard never changes its spots - he is who he is, whether we like it or not, we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His carelessness does my head in. So frustrating

OrcaFat

He is rated very highly by most pundits, probably because he is productive.

People on here seem to get very hung up on mistakes and focus on things a player does badly. It’s personal choice of course but I can’t see the point.

Matt851

He is rated very highly by most pundits, probably because he is productive.

People on here seem to get very hung up on mistakes and focus on things a player does badly. It’s personal choice of course but I can’t see the point.
The problem is he does a lot of things badly. He seems like a player who is good in moments but goes through long stretches of games being poor. He is also often a liability in the higgest games when possession is at a premium.

It wouldn't matter if he was part of a successful team but it is also legitimate to question whether someone who gives the ball away so regularly could ever be part of a successful team.

His positioning and off the ball work is also questionable and regularly veers towards being a headless chicken

Man Utd 3:2 Norwich

TsuWave

Conman. Absolute Houdini.

I knew the club would regret this new contract. will happen sooner than a lot of people think.

Guy is nothing but the fingerer of Old Trafford and living off of a purple patch when he first came, these days

Idxomer

He started 4 or 5 counterattacks for Norwich on his own, not a good midfielder.

-Supreme-

His new contract timing has reminded me of Ole when we lost the final in Europa Cup.

E-mal

Dont understand why we were in a hurry to give him a new contract.

lost7

I'm starting to get worried, what if that first season and a half was just a fluke and what we've seen this season is his real level?

YooNow

Really bad, only excels on counter attack, only a liability in these kind of games where you need to be patient

And a new contract? Wow... the state of this club

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Awful game today and his effort was shocking. Walking pace throughout and so many stupid passes.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Lingard was far from perfect, but his performance in the #10 was better than anything we've seen from Bruno in there for a while.

Captain Paris

I've had enough of him. I already know that when he manages to statpad, his supporters will be back in fullforce but he is one of our biggest problems and that contract extension looks dumber every passing minutes.

First, he only has 2 modes when he plays : Killer ball or back pass. Which is terrible a way of playing. How many times instead of progressing the ball in dangerous areas, he just gives it back 5 yards for no reason. If he doesnt see a runner, he just does nothing with ball. How can anyone call this player a 10 is beyond me.

Second, the attitude. Someone has to tell him to shut up and focus on his own game. It was funny watching him in the last 15 minutes telling everyone to keep his cool when he's the most hot-headed player in the squad. He moans everytime he does not get the ball and when he gets it, back to "hollywood ball or backpass".

Finally, why is he undroppable ? Has his performances this season warranted this immunity ? Hell no, I would put him on the bench vs Liverpool because I think some of his best performances have come from the bench, either Villareal this season or Aston Villa and Leipzig last year.

Ten Hag has a problem on his hands and that new contract extension just made him an unmovable problem.

Sylar

Giving him the contract on that pay before a new manager is in is of course problematic and shows we haven't learnt

Especially when visually he doesn't look somebody who fits the style the new manager would bring in

hobbers

The universal law of United players - the more you pay, the worse they play.

soapythecat

When Martial got his new contract I had the exact same feeling I did when Bruno got him last week.
His stats massively hide his inconsistency and frustrating moaning. He’s rapidly becoming an annoying player and already becoming a joke amongst opposition fans - which is quite telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.