5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

Should’ve been dropped today. What’s the problem with our managers? It’s obvious he needs to be dropped - for his own good. I am convinced he can be a very essential player for us, but he is currently struggling and has played almost all games of the season. He needs to be rested. He’s tired, not in form, not rested and will play again in 3 days…

dan1509

Can someone please post a clip/gif of the pass he did at 62:25 mins.

Mindboggling stuff

Jev

I'm starting to get worried, what if that first season and a half was just a fluke and what we've seen this season is his real level?
It wasn't a season and a half. It was mostly six months followed by a year where he was erratic and often detrimental to our game, yet was hailed as a hero in many games because he scored a penalty or succeeded with one out of 50 Hollywood passes. He's had good games, even this season, but he's been this inconsistent turnover machine pretty much since Ole's first full season.

He's incredibly overrated. That's not to say he's a bad player but he's not good enough to be a starter for a side that wants to win things. His wild way of playing is fine when you need an impact player but he's not a playmaker you can build a side around.

He gets a very easy ride on here compared to some other players. He's been one of our worst players all seasons, no football intelligence and a petulant, destructive attitude. I can't believe he's still automatically starting.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It wasn't a season and a half. It was mostly six months followed by a year where he was erratic, inconsistent and often detrimental to our game, yet was hailed has a hero in many games because he scored a penalty or succeeded with one out of 50 Hollywood passes.

He's incredibly overrated. He's not crap but he's not good enough to be a starter. His wild way of playing is fine when you need an impact player but he's not a playmaker you can build a side around.

He gets a very easy ride on here compared to some other players. He's been one of our worst players all seasons, no football intelligence and a petulant, destructive attitude. I can't believe he's still automatically starting.
Trust me I haven’t given him an easy ride at all but I’m severely outnumbered especially after a game in which he gets an assist or something when stuff finally comes off for him.

Jev

Trust me I haven’t given him an easy ride at all but I’m severely outnumbered especially after a game in which he gets an assist or something when stuff finally comes off for him.
Yeah, there's been so much of this going on. When you try as many hopeless/pointless Hollywood passes as he does, it's no wonder they (very) occasionally come off. That makes him look like our main creator. And he is, to be fair. But he is also the main reason why our attacking play is so disjointed, so lacking in any rhythm and fluidity. When you have a playmaker who will routinely hoof a pointless pass out of bounds for no reason whatsoever, that's what you get.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah, there's been so much of this going on. When you try as many hopeless/pointless Hollywood passes as he does, it's no wonder they (very) occasionally come off. That makes him look like our main creator. And he is, to be fair. But he is also the main reason why our attacking play is so disjointed, so lacking in any rhythm and fluidity. When you have a playmaker who will routinely hoof a pointless pass out of bounds for no reason whatsoever, that's what you get.
Frustrating part for me is I’ve seen him play properly as well within himself and he can be brilliant when he does that. But that’s a 1 out of 10 games occurrence where the other 9 are him just consistently freelancing where you just hope something comes off and he gives goal contributions to make up for the downside

TsuWave

People don’t like being wrong so instead of seeing him for the player he is and not the all conquering saviour they thought he was, they double down and lash out rather than dealing with the harsh realities.

the guy just isn’t very good

Idxomer

I think there's very little chance of him adapting because that would require him to develop certain qualities he never once displayed in his career.

Red00012

It won’t happen but I’d have Mata in Tuesday night instead of him.
we need to keep hold possession when we will rarely have it and Bruno is not the player for that.

the_cliff

Don't see ETH playing Bruno.

I hope he was consulted on the new Bruno contract, otherwise it's a complete waste of money.... again...

Devil’s Trident

Lukaku of midfielders. A stat padder. No composure no calmness no game management in him. A selfish player who wants to put his stats above anything else. Surely he realises how many times he gives away the ball. But nope, not even a care in the world even if the team is suffering due to his kamikaze football. No regrets No desire to improve his general performance. It’s very easy to do it, just cut out your stupid Hollywood passes, take care of the ball and play it simple but no, his stats come first more than anything. A criminal footballer.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
fecking shite again. And again and again. Build a team around him.. :lol: He is so not what some make him up to be, and how fecking annoying is it when he passes a ball to a player who isn't free so passes it back to him and he passes it back to them again! ffs.

Good thing we gave him a massive pay rise. Waste of money. Ten Hag should try and sell him, he will never fit into a team that needs to pass at high tempo.

flappyjay

If theres a player that needed Lvg it's this guy. He needed to learn that sometimes the easy pass is the best.

gajender

If theres a player that needed Lvg it's this guy. He needed to learn that sometimes the easy pass is the best.
That's the frustrating part he loses the ball as much times if not more while attempting the basic passes it's a myth that it always the killer passes and Hollywood passes which causes turnover .
He is simply not that good and Ten Hag has his work cut out to make him work in a team which is progressive and values possession .

Red_toad

Watching that, you really have to wonder how it’s all Maguire and Rashfords fault every single game. Runs a lot, gives the ball away one hell of a lot and nailed on to start every game. Under a decent manager he’s going to earn himself some bench time. Needs much more composure in his game.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Watching that, you really have to wonder how it’s all Maguire and Rashfords fault every single game. Runs a lot, gives the ball away one hell of a lot and nailed on to start every game. Under a decent manager he’s going to earn himself some bench time. Needs much more composure in his game.
As bad as they are the defence gets far too much blame on here. Maguire has to carry out every action perfectly otherwise he'll get destroyed on here and twitter. Meanwhile Bruno can deliver trash like this unnoticed. Madness to give him a new £300k a week contract just to tie him down for an extra year.

Bondi77

Really has fallen off a cliff for quite a while now and not so long ago he was being compared to KDB.
I am interested to see what the new manager will do with him and whether he brings back Donny and alternates them as I think Ole was probably thinking of but it looked like Donny did not measure up in his eyes.
His stats were off the charts when he was at Sporting and they carried on with us so there is obviously a player there so we can only hope that comes back as he is ours for a while now.

-Supreme-

That's the frustrating part he loses the ball as much times if not more while attempting the basic passes it's a myth that it always the killer passes and Hollywood passes which causes turnover .
He is simply not that good and Ten Hag has his work cut out to make him work in a team which is progressive and values possession .
This. Particularly the bolded part - his passing and touch are too inconsistent for a top level player.

Lyng

Difference is you dont have an army of people calling it an agenda when you criticize Bruno. He needs to be benched and I am not certain he can match a system like Ten Hags at all.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I remember reading an article the summer before we signed Bruno. We’d been heavily linked with him, but the report said that the scouting team had deemed him to be too big a liability as his passing wasn’t good enough.

Deery

Dreary
I remember reading an article the summer before we signed Bruno. We’d been heavily linked with him, but the report said that the scouting team had deemed him to be too big a liability as his passing wasn’t good enough.
I remember that too, it’s funny you’re the first to mention it because it’s what goes through my head nearly every match recently.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes had a bad patch as has most the squad.

He has all the talent to flourish under the new manager and I find it particularly hilarious how posters have had enough of him after he carried us into 4th upon his arrival.

Mainoldo

Is he a better ‘playmaker’ than Jordan Henderson?

Think about it logically?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Hes had a bad patch as has most the squad.

He has all the talent to flourish under the new manager and I find it particularly hilarious how posters have had enough of him after he carried us into 4th upon his arrival.
A bad patch ? That’s an understatement, he’s been the same since last January week in week out. Other players get pelters too especially if they perform as badly as Bruno did yesterday. That was genuinely a 3/10 performance and he’s been consistently poor.

As for carrying us, he was a major improvement on Perriera and was sensational the end of that first season overall but I wouldn’t dismiss the contributions of Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Matic, Pogba, Shaw and also Maguire and AWB to that period either. They were all vital. It was not Bruno being brilliant and nobody else doing much.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A bad patch ? That’s an understatement, he’s been the same since last January week in week out. Other players get pelters too especially if they perform as badly as Bruno did yesterday. That was genuinely a 3/10 performance and he’s been consistently poor.

As for carrying us, he was a major improvement on Perriera and was sensational the end of that first season overall but I wouldn’t dismiss the contributions of Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, Matic, Pogba, Shaw and also Maguire and AWB to that period either. They were all vital. It was not Bruno being brilliant and nobody else doing much.
He was one of the best performing players in the league. Not just some pereira upgrade. Dont try to rewrite hisrory there.

And when you say other players get pelters, whats the point youre making? Bruno doesnt? Have you seen the posts here in the past couple months?

ForeverRed1

He was rubbish before too. Has been for ages. Giving him that massive pay rise was typical of United doing it the wrong way.
I mean he’s been insane for us in all honesty, his numbers are still exceptional... this is the first season he’s struggled, i just don’t know what the urgency was considering He still had 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.