5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

The issue with Bruno is that he masks his poor performances with goals, as much as goals are needed to win games, that's not the main job of a midfielder.
United's midfield has been overrun even by mediocre sides in the EPL, let alone in european games.

I can't see United winning anything with the current midfield, including Bruno.

He will keep stat-padding goals against midtable teams to mask a poor performance, but that won't be enough to challenge for titles.

Giving him a renewal when United haven't yet decided who is gonna be the next manager seems bonkers.

Good player but not sure if he is what United need to challenge for titles again.
put a proper midfield behind him and he’ll do great. He currently has to do a lot more as there is no proper link between the back and the forwards

Bondi77

Henderson was intended to be the long term goalkeeper so was a logical move. As for comparing this to renewing squad options like Mata and Jones, jesus christ.

I cannot imagine this wasn't discussed with the two managers the club has spoken with because they aren't going to give a new deal out to a currently critical player that a new manager could come in and immediately disregard.
Which manager would come to United and look at the squad and decide there is no place for Bruno?????
Mind boggling!

Bondi77

I can only put it down to Bruno and his agent probably questioning his wage under his current contract in comparison to others at the club and then the club agreeing to upgrade the wage and get him for a further two years in the process.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
surprised he's not criticised more, but since his first 12 games purple patch, he can always escape criticism because he's the closest to cantona we have had since the frenchman retired.

Not only poor finisher, super weak in everything he did today. If he wasn't such a coward he would have slid and make Fred go 1 on 1 in a big chance instead he pulls out of the tackle staying on his feet and let the leicester player commit winning the crucial ball before we conceded from the counter.

Sick of all the players who can't commit, other than to a big pay check for performing only roughly in 20% of games and not being up to the standard in the rest...

copen1945

With nothing else on the line for the club, he appeared to be intent on saving himself for World Cup. A hugely disappointing performance, especially after the news of the contract extension.

Mainoldo

Loved the sliding tackle near the edge of our box. Looks up. Hoof!! We lose the ball.

Eric Fernandes :lol:

Zero midfield battles won with this guy.

Deery

Dreary
Is it that he is trying too hard, runs all over the pitch, you see him right/left back, midfield, left wing, right wing, as striker. There is no way a player can function like that in a proper team even though I admire his work rate it’s a bit all over the place.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dare I say it, but he is becoming an average midfielder.
I think he’s always been an average midfielder, in the sense of his general handling of the ball. He has an exceptionally high end product though, and the question will remain whether that end product can be harvested within a team structure that makes sense.

But as a ‘midfielder’, he’s not that good at all. Compare his ability to a player like Pedri, for example, it’s night and day. But players exist within a wider context of a team, and that is what we need to get right. I’ve shared my views on this enough. I don’t think Bruno makes a team play better, but he often makes the scoreline better. Pedri makes a team play better, which probably more indirectly makes the scoreline better, but without as many direct contributions to it. United have a tradition of wanting match winners and heroes - this ‘catalyst’ to inspire, ‘drive’ and all that stuff. But I think we have overlooked the boring stuff, the nuts and bolts, the details for longer than we can get away with, and until we start from scratch and build a machine piece by piece that works with one another symbiotically - I can’t see us being successful, because our model requires us to have significantly better individuals than every other team, which we won’t do.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think he’s always been an average midfielder, in the sense of his general handling of the ball. He has an exceptionally high end product though, and the question will remain whether that end product can be harvested within a team structure that makes sense.

But as a ‘midfielder’, he’s not that good at all. Compare his ability to a player like Pedri, for example, it’s night and day. But players exist within a wider context of a team, and that is what we need to get right. I’ve shared my views on this enough. I don’t think Bruno makes a team play better, but he often makes the scoreline better. Pedri makes a team play better, which probably more indirectly makes the scoreline better, but without as many direct contributions to it. United have a tradition of wanting match winners and heroes - this ‘catalyst’ to inspire, ‘drive’ and all that stuff. But I think we have overlooked the boring stuff, the nuts and bolts, the details for longer than we can get away with, and until we start from scratch and build a machine piece by piece that works with one another symbiotically - I can’t see us being successful, because our model requires us to have significantly better individuals than every other team, which we won’t do.
Good post, and I totally agree with that. I think this Summer we need to buy for what will suit the teams needs going forward, even if it is less 'glamorous' names.

Everton 1:0 Man Utd

TsuWave

went and gave him a new contract instead of moving him on whilst some folks are still blinkered by the first season and can't see his limitations, and now stuck with this guy

SuperiorXI

Another rubbish performance, wayward passing, whinging and all round mediocrity. Has caught the United shit bug that players catch when they join the club these days.

Telsim

5-year contract, by the way. :lol: :lol: :lol: Convince me this was sensible decision, please!

MrEleson

Plays football like he is in a game of hot potato. No composure or calmness, just boots the ball upfield for absolutely no reason at least 3 times per game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope his form improves under Ten Hag or we are looking at a 300k per week deadwood.

Bestie07

To be honest the whole team has been bad, however, I still can't get my head around the rush to give him an improved contract when his limitations are there for all to see. While the people who are making the decisions like this remain under employment at this club, we are not going anywhere no matter who happens to be the fall guy on the sidelines.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm not exaggerating when I say he's the most overrated player I've ever seen at this club.

People said he was as good - or even better - than Scholes.
People said he was as influential as Cantona.
Is called world class but nevermind disappearing in big games; he's an actual hindrance in them.

Give me a break. Give me a kitkat.

Jev

He is simultaneously one of our better players and holding us back. We're never going to play fluid football with such an erratic playmaker. He has no football intelligence.

Sylar

The way he gives the ball away at times is an art. He really destroys any chance of us dominating possession or building momentum as everything has to be forward no matter where he is on the pitch or who's ahead of him

Walters_19_MuFc

He, like a lot of our other players, need set instructions, because if you give them a free role - like it seemed to be the case with Bruno today, they'll be detriment to the team.

If ETH comes in, then I'd want to see him play Bruno in a similar role to Berghuis. Stick him on the right of a three, as a mezzala. That way, he can make those runs in behind in to the channels, thus creating overloads on the right hand side with the right winger and right back.

As it stands, all we do is prioritize the left hand side and when that doesn't work, we simply have no other ideas.

El Jefe

I honestly can't stand him. It still amazes me how I see posts saying we should build around him. Imagine building around the most dysfunctional player there is.

I've consistently said he's a No.10 that would be playing for one of the money clubs in Turkey and Russia in years gone by. The type that people would always ask why he never played for a top team. Well Bruno is a clear example of what his kind of player looks like in a team looking to complete for the highest honours.

We're stuck with him now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He started the game well but he's too erratic. To be a fluid team which is great in possession you need precision and Bruno needs to learn this fast. People kept saying we need him to be the risk taken as we don't have any. It's nonsense - great players can find the right balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.