Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

One bad season and suddenly he's a problem :lol:
He had half a season of consistent performances when we signed him since then he has been poor more often than good while his output initially prevented him from criticism but now more and more people are realising he isn't that good .

VivaRonaldo85

I think he can be good in a good team with much better players around him. In this current set up, he is over indulgent and a luxury footballer. I suppose when I compare him to someone like De Bruyne, he isn’t in that league sadly. There’s bigger issues at the club but his form this season is worrying.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He had half a season of consistent performances when we signed him since then he has been poor more often than good while his output initially prevented him from criticism but now more and more people are realising he isn't that good .
He’ll he good next season in my opinion. He is the least of the problems and he just needs a manager to sort out his role in the team under a clear structure

gajender

He’ll he good next season in my opinion. He is the least of the problems and he just needs a manager to sort out his role in the team under a clear structure
I really hope so he needs a strong manager who doesn't indulge him and actually help him refine his game .

Yagami

Good post resistant
I mean, I said it in his so called good seasons, too. People were too focused on his stats to see that his general play was always a huge problem. We were never going to seriously compete for a major trophy with such a hindrance.

He's not playing any different this season in terms of his general play. It's just that people are noticing it more because he's not getting a goal or an assist to mask everything else.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
How is a bad season tolerable for someone who was frequently compared to Cantona, is one of our highest paid players, and has been here for such a short time?

L1nk

He obviously has the skill but needs to kick two things out of his game, the constant bloody moaning, and the constant attemps at pathetic Hollywood balls

Cassidy

I really hope so he needs a strong manager who doesn't indulge him and actually help him refine his game .
Ralf isn’t indulging him we just have bigger problems. Bruno with lack of off the ball movement in the forward areas is useless.

Cassidy

He obviously has the skill but needs to kick two things out of his game, the constant bloody moaning, and the constant attemps at pathetic Hollywood balls
On the hollywood balls… he will likely do it less if the team was functioning well and creating. The same thing that happened with Pogba is happening with him and we better fix the team or he will end up the same in my opinion

Chief123

I honestly feel Bruno’s poor form coincides with his end to the partnership he had with Martial. I’m not convinced Martial was ever the long term solution but I think it goes under the radar how much Bruno used to link up with Martial. Constantly fire it into martials feet who had a season of really good hold up play and bringing others into the game. It’s one of the main reasons we used to get so many penalties because of the ball being fed into feed and quick feet catching defenders out.

I just don’t think Bruno and Ronaldo works as well as Bruno and Martial did. For as great as Ronaldo has been, he’s never been the best at hold up play and bringing others into play.

Cassidy

I honestly feel Bruno’s poor form coincides with his end to the partnership he had with Martial. I’m not convinced Martial was ever the long term solution but I think it goes under the radar how much Bruno used to link up with Martial. Constantly fire it into martials feet who had a season of really good hold up play and bringing others into the game. It’s one of the main reasons we used to get so many penalties because of the ball being fed into feed and quick feet catching defenders out.

I just don’t think Bruno and Ronaldo works as well as Bruno and Martial did. For as great as Ronaldo has been, he’s never been the best at hold up play and bringing others into play.
Tend to agree with this. As well as the lack of movement in the forward lines now too

-Supreme-

Why did our new recruitment team give him a new contract when his old deal doesn’t end until 2026, and at a time when he hasn’t been playing well plus a new manager due in a few months time?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Why did our new recruitment team give him a new contract when his old deal doesn’t end until 2026, and at a time when he hasn’t been playing well plus a new manager due in a few months time?
Cause they're incompetent just like the old recruitment team.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I mean, I said it in his so called good seasons, too. People were too focused on his stats to see that his general play was always a huge problem. We were never going to seriously compete for a major trophy with such a hindrance.

He's not playing any different this season in terms of his general play. It's just that people are noticing it more because he's not getting a goal or an assist to mask everything else.
100%

United isn't winning anything with Bruno as starter.
He will keep stat-padding goals, so people will point how profilic he is(more profilic than Modric,Kroos,De Bruyne,Rodri,Goretzka, Jorginho,Pedri,etc)....while United only fights for top 4.

Would have been considered a great player in the 60s, no TV available for most people to see his stinkers, only his stats would appear in the newspaper after a game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some moments of class, I think his performance was a bit better than the numbers suggest.

My primary problem with Bruno isn’t even a problem with Bruno anyway. It’s not as if I want to replace him with a better 10. My issue is that I’d rather replace him with an 8, and our current shape isn’t down to him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Here come the 'oh he's been poor for 2 yrs'. Ok, he's having a crappy season but come on, United have bigger issues and I thought he ,alongside a few others, had a decent 1st half.
Shite from there on though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Here come the 'oh he's been poor for 2 yrs'. Ok, he's having a crappy season but come on, United have bigger issues and I thought he ,alongside a few others, had a decent 1st half.
Shite from there on though.
I mean, he’s been poor, so not sure I get the tone of your post. It’s not as if he has had 5 great seasons either, he got here yesterday. A poor season is a significant portion of his time served. He’s only done 2.5.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There is reason why he was playing in his prime at Sporting.

He has good qualities but his overall consistency is not on par with players like KDB. I find it hilarious when people compare him to KDB using some obscure stats. Need to be properly coached to use his insane talent otherwise he is in serious risk of fading away

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I repeat what I said some months back aang got a lot of stick fo. He's a selfish player. Plays for himself.
What's the meaning of this?

I am not on his team and I get the urge to give him a slap. The constant moaning at others when he makes a mistake is a disgrace that cannot be tolerated any longer. How can you coach a player with such attitude?

Greck

I said we shouldn’t have given him a new contract until a new manager comes in and people were getting in their feelings:rolleyes:
Make sure to remind them if this goes pear shaped because this should have been common sense. Een if he was in stellar form his fit under a possession manager has to be a wait and see thing. It isn't even about raw quality any more.Have to watch how they adapt before extending anyone. It's not like a longer contract is going to make ETH feel compelled to water down his system.

Fans I can sympathise with but any executive at the club giving first teamers assurances over the long term doesn't have a clue. I thought this was already understood when RR was refused signings in January. I have no faith in whomever is making some of these decisions.

micmac

Bruno is a very good player but there is a reason no other club was beating down the door for him.
Im pretty sure if our scouting setup was any kind of competent we would not have bought him.
Ronaldo coming back to the club have not had the positive influence I was hoping it would have had on him. Hopefully we can break him out of this Big Baby FC mentality next season. I hate seeing a grown ass man act the way he does on the field.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I see him play those long hollywood balls and remember how Scholes used to put it on a dime everytime. Then i realize Scholes has becomes a footsucking crap pundit and we have this fraudulence on the pitch now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The club only extended his contract by a year, and it seems to me that fans have become so paranoid that everytime there's news about a player potentially extending their contract, we as fans become frustrated. There have been instances where players were extended in the past that didn't deserve contract extensions imo, but I don't think it's the case with Bruno. And that's coming from someone who has been critical of Bruno before we even signed him. And depending on who you believe, the 12 month extention was approved by ten Hag. And I personally don't see what the big deal is in giving the player a 12 month extension.

What I am concerned about is how we're going to move forward as a team with Bruno. And with a number of our players looking like they will leave at the end of the season, it's important we keep Bruno. Because if we're to strategise and plan for the mid to long-term, then we have to think about how we're going to potentially help the likes of Jimmy Garner and Hannibal Mejbri transition into the first team. And I don't believe we can just throw both youngsters in instead of Bruno and hope they will start contributing to a high enough level. So having Bruno in the team with say Hannibal as his understudy is a intelligent strategy moving forward imo.

It also wouldn't surprise me if ten Hag tries Fernandes in a few different roles. Someone mentioned earlier about him playing as a inside left or even a false #9. And along with him playing off the striker that would allow us to be tactically more flexible, which suits ten Hag who will attempt to create chaos with devastating movements between the attacking players who will be expected to rotate positionally to create confusion for the opposition. And Bruno has the attributes to be that player between the lines, with a bit of guidance from ten Hag.

Ronaldo's Love Child

Ralf isn’t indulging him we just have bigger problems. Bruno with lack of off the ball movement in the forward areas is useless.

That's true upto a point but as we rely so much on Fernandes then he really needs to be executing the simple things well. The number of times our attack broke down due to passing was unbelievable.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The club only extended his contract by a year, and it seems to me that fans have become so paranoid that everytime there's news about a player potentially extending their contract, we as fans become frustrated. There have been instances where players were extended in the past that didn't deserve contract extensions imo, but I don't think it's the case with Bruno. And that's coming from someone who has been critical of Bruno before we even signed him. And depending on who you believe, the 12 month extention was approved by ten Hag. And I personally don't see what the big deal is in giving the player a 12 month extension.

What I am concerned about is how we're going to move forward as a team with Bruno. And with a number of our players looking like they will leave at the end of the season, it's important we keep Bruno. Because if we're to strategise and plan for the mid to long-term, then we have to think about how we're going to potentially help the likes of Jimmy Garner and Hannibal Mejbri transition into the first team. And I don't believe we can just throw both youngsters in instead of Bruno and hope they will start contributing to a high enough level. So having Bruno in the team with say Hannibal as his understudy is a intelligent strategy moving forward imo.

It also wouldn't surprise me if ten Hag tries Fernandes in a few different roles. Someone mentioned earlier about him playing as a inside left or even a false #9. And along with him playing off the striker that would allow us to be tactically more flexible, which suits ten Hag who will attempt to create chaos with devastating movements between the attacking players who will be expected to rotate positionally to create confusion for the opposition. And Bruno has the attributes to be that player between the lines, with a bit of guidance from ten Hag.
When do you see players with 4 years left on a deal get a one year extension and a pay rise? It was unnecessary and incompetent. There is literally no good reason to do it and plenty of bad reasons .

Agreed with the bolded. Same applies for De Gea and Maguire.

With Bruno the problem is his game is based on taking risks and he has shown that he does not have the quality to consistently make those difficult passes he attempts. In a smart possesion based system, I struggle to see how he will fit in but lets see if ETH can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.