Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Needs to stop apologising at this stage it’s just getting pitiful at this point..

Deery

Dreary
Crap? He made it into the Fifa 22 team of the season...

Shows what we know.
Why do they call him Bruno Fernage on that game? Quite odd when his name is obviously Fernandes in the text.

Andersons Dietician

I hope when ETH comes in he has the balls to drop people. Players need to know there are consequences for playing poorly and he’s been playing poorly for over a year. Somehow he seems undroppable. Yes probably in part because we have a lack of options but some of his performances have been so bad I’d rather have Phil Jones in his position than watch the tumescent same old same old.

He really needs to pull his finger out or clear out as do so many others.

romufc

I'm looking at that stat and thinking let's sign romeu as our dm
You do realise Liverpool sign players using a stat based model? Thats how players are signed.

I guarantee you, if we sign a striker the first thing you will look at is how many goals he scored the previous season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His good performances now are a distant memory and survived a mere six months. We’ve killed so many players….in fact every player since SAF. Hopefully better days ahead under ETH. Let’s see if Bruno is as good as many think and can play in a system.

M16Red

Something is really wrong with this team - didn't give the arm band to Maguire.

Henderson comes off the bench and gets it put on his arm.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Why do they call him Bruno Fernage on that game? Quite odd when his name is obviously Fernandes in the text.
It's how his name is supposed to be pronounced. He said it himself. Something about being Portuguese.

Foxbatt

I think he is not going to make it in a possession based team. His first touch and his short passing is not that good. His long passing is good. Maybe with better players around him in midfield he may make it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he is not going to make it in a possession based team. His first touch and his short passing is not that good. His long passing is good. Maybe with better players around him in midfield he may make it.
Would make sense to address the biggest issues in our team/the weakest link before getting to Bruno though. Which would mean giving him more than a fair chance at playing with good players around him.

Never understand why fans always go after the highest profile/best players who might be underperforming as the priority to replace, rather than the actual weakest links who easily aren't good enough?

TheRedHearted

Just found out today his name is more so pronounced Fernandch instead of Fernandes.- typed this out yesterday but never sent it
It's how his name is supposed to be pronounced. He said it himself. Something about being Portuguese.
its quite amazing tbh that the premier league announcers don’t address it

Would make sense to address the biggest issues in our team/the weakest link before getting to Bruno though. Which would mean giving him more than a fair chance at playing with good players around him.

Never understand why fans always go after the highest profile/best players who might be underperforming as the priority to replace, rather than the actual weakest links who easily aren't good enough?
Ronaldo and Fernandes should be our highest places up the pitch, hands down. The rest of the team should be high press and flexible

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
I wonder how Ten Hag will play him next season. I dont see him in a midfield 3 as he it not good enough with the ball (passing, press resistant etc). We will probably see him in various roles before selling him the summer after that, unless he shines as a wide attacking midfielder or as a false 9. He did work like a dream in Solskjaers counter attacking system, scoaring goals and assisting Rashford and Martial, but those days are long gone and Ten hags style is nothing like that.

romufc

I wonder how Ten Hag will play him next season. I dont see him in a midfield 3 as he it not good enough with the ball (passing, press resistant etc). We will probably see him in various roles before selling him the summer after that, unless he shines as a wide attacking midfielder or as a false 9. He did work like a dream in Solskjaers counter attacking system, scoaring goals and assisting Rashford and Martial, but those days are long gone and Ten hags style is nothing like that.

So you think the only 2 positions Ten Haag will use him is false 9 or wide player?

Have you watched how ETH plays? Bruno is not a winger. ETH wants his wingers to be wide, Bruno isnt that player.

He is a creative player, ETH this season has played with a CAM. Alot of Ajax fans also say Bruno will work in his system.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
So you think the only 2 positions Ten Haag will use him is false 9 or wide player?

Have you watched how ETH plays? Bruno is not a winger. ETH wants his wingers to be wide, Bruno isnt that player.

He is a creative player, ETH this season has played with a CAM. Alot of Ajax fans also say Bruno will work in his system.
Didnt say that, but i dont think he will be our number 10 in the longrun in Ten Hags system, so unless he he can work as a wide attacker or false 9 (which Ten Hag used in his first Ajax team) i dont think he has a future here. Also doubt a lot of Ajax fans see United regulary, and how can Bruno work in a possession based system with his high risk passes and crap press resistant attributes ? Ajax never used a player similar to him under Ten Hag either in the CAM role.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Didnt say that, but i dont think he will be our number 10 in the longrun in Ten Hags system, so unless he he can work as a wide attacker or false 9 (which Ten Hag used in his first Ajax team) i dont think he has a future here. Also doubt a lot of Ajax fans see United regulary, and how can Bruno work in a possession based system with his high risk passes and crap press resistant attributes ? Ajax never used a player similar to him under Ten Hag either in the CAM role.
Likewise ManUtd fans wouldn't have seen Ajax regularly to know what kind of players ETH wants and how he sets up his team in detail. They would have watched couple of youtube videos or couple of CL games.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Likewise ManUtd fans wouldn't have seen Ajax regularly to know what kind of players ETH wants and how he sets up his team in detail. They would have watched couple of youtube videos or couple of CL games.
Thats true, i dont sit here with the facts or insight into Ten Hags plans. Its just my feeling based on the games i watched both from United and Ten Hags Ajax over the years.

Have you ever seen Bruno play in a possession based system? But you can write him off.

United dont have players that can keep the ball behind him, if everyone is able to keep the ball well enough, I am sure he will be able to pass the ball around.

Why do people make things up based on an agenda? Ajax have used Berghuis as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 system and you know what his passing accuracy is? 78% compare to 75% of Bruno.

But ofcourse Ten Hag wouldn't use a player that "cant pass"
Dont have an agenda mate. Bruno has been my favorite player over the last years. Its just my general feeling about him going forward in Ten Hags United.

Last edited:

romufc

Have you ever seen Bruno play in a possession based system? But you can write him off.

United dont have players that can keep the ball behind him, if everyone is able to keep the ball well enough, I am sure he will be able to pass the ball around.

Why do people make things up based on an agenda? Ajax have used Berghuis as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 system and you know what his passing accuracy is? 78% compare to 75% of Bruno.

united for life

surprisingly, people do not see that!

Glorio

Apparently leads the league in chance creation this season according to Opta. Was surprised to see that.

Surely not as terrible as folks try to make out

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Apparently leads the league in chance creation this season according to Opta. Was surprised to see that.

If you watch all of our games surely you don’t need Opta to form an opinion. This is similar to that ‘Bruno’s bad season’ thread in the mains.

Having watched him every week, do you think he’s played well or poorly?

NoPace

Yeah, he's probably more similar to Berguis than Tadic, who's quite strong and has really good feet, whereas Berghuis' role seems relatively simple and feasible for Bruno, though that's part of a well oiled machine who have the ball a ton, which we might no be right away.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

He'll always create chances, he needs to get the rest of his game up to par which he is of course more than capable of but like everyone else, has not been good this season. He'll be fine next year.

Glorio

If you watch all of our games surely you don’t need Opta to form an opinion. This is similar to that ‘Bruno’s bad season’ thread in the mains.

Having watched him every week, do you think he’s played well or poorly?
He's played poorly, but the fact he's still creating this amount of chances actually proves he's a quality player and one of the best chance creators around

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's played poorly, but the fact he's still creating this amount of chances actually proves he's a quality player and one of the best chance creators around
It shows that he’s quality at creating chances for sure. He’s great at it actually. Unfortunately, there’s more to being a midfielder than that, and he’s not so good at the rest is all. But I can never deny his chance creating capabilities.

tjb

He'll always create chances, he needs to get the rest of his game up to par which he is of course more than capable of but like everyone else, has not been good this season. He'll be fine next year.
He's good at a lot of things. He's very active, has great off the ball movement( which is why he scores), is a decent short passer, has good technique and is actually decent at keeping the ball. Sure, he's not a great dribble, but the doesn't mean he can't do it at all. I'm sure if you look at that statistic and as well as previous seasons, you will notice that outside of him, we don't have any chance creators. Bruno has consistently had the burden of being the sole chance creator in a team that doesn't create chances. Yet people are on his case for constantly trying to take risks.

The fact is, we have a team that hardly ever controls game and properly supports the attack. We had this before Bruno and we've had this with him. You can try and be efficient with possession, but on this team at present, that would simply lead to you being passive and ineffective, similar to Jadon Sancho or Juan Mata or you can be aggressive and take risks like Bruno who has been our saving grace for the last few seasons. At the end of the day, the real issues are behind our attackers.

I actually think, outside of the big games where we were woeful as a team, Bruno was actually playing well under Ole. Rangnick coming in gradually destroyed any form of attacking flair our team had. He more than anyone else is responsible for how disjointed and hard to watch our team has been since December; not Bruno. By even watching games, highlights, goals; this is quite clear. Rangnick tried shut down our attacking play to get control of games, Bruno, Ronaldo and Rashford have been the primary casualties of that( Greenwood would have been too)

Dansk

He was one of the best players in the league in his first year here. After that, we can't just discard him after a season where just about every player at the club was terrible. He has proven that he has what it takes, now he has to get back into form. If another year goes by and he hasn't done that, we can start to think about moving him on.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was one of the best players in the league in his first year here. After that, we can't just discard him after a season where just about every player at the club was terrible. He has proven that he has what it takes, now he has to get back into form. If another year goes by and he hasn't done that, we can start to think about moving him on.
I don’t think he was much different. I suspect if you add 10 penalties to this season’s figures, you would have many people arguing the exact same - one of the best players in the league, carrying the team etc. 10 pens would put him on around 23/24 goals now - and there would be no conversation. It would simply be that he has scored 24 goals. I think about 10 of his first 14 goals were pens, and without them there’s been a little more focus on the rest.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's good at a lot of things. He's very active, has great off the ball movement( which is why he scores), is a decent short passer, has good technique and is actually decent at keeping the ball. Sure, he's not a great dribble, but the doesn't mean he can't do it at all. I'm sure if you look at that statistic and as well as previous seasons, you will notice that outside of him, we don't have any chance creators. Bruno has consistently had the burden of being the sole chance creator in a team that doesn't create chances. Yet people are on his case for constantly trying to take risks.

The fact is, we have a team that hardly ever controls game and properly supports the attack. We had this before Bruno and we've had this with him. You can try and be efficient with possession, but on this team at present, that would simply lead to you being passive and ineffective, similar to Jadon Sancho or Juan Mata or you can be aggressive and take risks like Bruno who has been our saving grace for the last few seasons. At the end of the day, the real issues are behind our attackers.

I actually think, outside of the big games where we were woeful as a team, Bruno was actually playing well under Ole. Rangnick coming in gradually destroyed any form of attacking flair our team had. He more than anyone else is responsible for how disjointed and hard to watch our team has been since December; not Bruno. By even watching games, highlights, goals; this is quite clear. Rangnick tried shut down our attacking play to get control of games, Bruno, Ronaldo and Rashford have been the primary casualties of that( Greenwood would have been too)
I agree with much of this. With a team with no structure or potency, we needed Bruno’s type of approach to basically force the issue.

It is how he performs in a unit that doesn’t require an individual to try to penetrate with each involvement that will be the big test for him. But for the team that he joined, there was little point in a player coming in and just trying to rotate the ball a bit. He definitely helped us up a level from where we were, but I’ve long had serious doubts as to whether he can help us to a level beyond. Ultimately, the level he ‘carried’ us too is still not good enough to win anything that matters. In my opinion, becoming a team that IS good enough for major honours requires a whole different approach, not just a few better players. We will not win anything playing the game in the manner we have done in recent years, but we may well get into the top 4.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nonsense.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's embarrassing how people are going in on Bruno. Yeah he's been average this season and often poor but he's literally carried us for 18 months before that.

Some players in this squad haven't reached his heights and most not even close to doing so.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Every game he creates at least two big chances. Even at his worst.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Every game he creates at least two big chances. Even at his worst.
He often does. But there are 90 mins in a game, and the game isn’t watched on teletext.

For example, he left the pitch in the Wanda Metropolitano against Atletico with both an assist and a wholly unacceptable performance under his belt. That can’t be our plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.