Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
:lol:
He has 9g&a compared to brunos 20 when one gets haaland, alvarez & mahrez. Bruno has Weghorst, Sancho, Antony& ronaldo in comparison. B silva is so overrated. absolutely nothing in any cup/cl fixture.
Ball retention will be better when we stop bruno playing in the role of Both casemiro & Eriksen so bruno can go back high up the pitch, be creative but have creative & defensive help also from casemiro, fred & eriksen whenever he loses the ball. A risk taker needs to play up the pitch not bloody mctominay. We are not built to play city ball & never will. Especially not 1st season, ten hags possesion teams have always been more risky than peps.
Are you not moving the goalpost here?
Bruno gets the numbers he is on because we are a team built to get the best out of him. Whilst a different player with a different set of ability that role and how we approach games will be different. If that player has the ball retention capability of overrated Silva, us a team will keep the ball better.
Is that statement wrong? You seem to forget Bruno has only started playing these various positions recently. What happened earlier in the season when he was serving us cold water as hot porridge? Oh you’ve got that covered because he had decrepit Ronaldo but that’s for goals and assists not ball retention like all the playmakers in football do.
You mean risk takers like Tadic and VDB?

frostbite

He will get rotated in time but it’s had to rotate a player when the team is built to get the best out of him. I think he is the best at what he does just don’t want that type of football at Manchester United. Very similar to Wesley Sneijder and a club like Inter under Mourinho was perfect for him.
I am now thinking that even the red cards for Casemiro are not just accidents. He got two red cards, while before he didn't have any. Perhaps we burned him out, too, and this caused him to make mistakes that normally he wouldn't do. I think the same is true for Bruno, he played too much, and he has too many responsibilities inside the game, practically he is the only player that creates goalscoring opportunities. Too much pressure and too many minutes can burn out a player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This was all on Ronaldo. Every pass was to him. Every pass.
Ah that explains him spamming passes out to the bench

(even if Ronaldo didn’t spend 70% of the time on the bench, blaming Ronaldo for somebody else’s incompetence is a bit weird)

KikiDaKats

Supports
I am now thinking that even the red cards for Casemiro are not just accidents. He got two red cards, while before he didn't have any. Perhaps we burned him out, too, and this caused him to make mistakes that normally he wouldn't do. I think the same is true for Bruno, he played too much, and he has too many responsibilities inside the game, practically he is the only player that creates goalscoring opportunities. Too much pressure and too many minutes can burn out a player.
True to all athletes.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

Per minute stat cry babies, please note he’s actually played fewer minutes than players in first and second place.
You were the one who started querying Stats with the caveat of minutes played because of your agenda you melt.

Lemoor

Bruno gets the numbers he is on because we are a team built to get the best out of him.
What? By what metric? He literally played every position in front 6 at least once this season. How is Bruno in a double pivot building the team to get the best out of him?

KikiDaKats

Supports
What? By what metric? He literally played every position in front 6 at least once this season. How is Bruno in a double pivot building the team to get the best out of him?
This Newcastle game basically is our whole season in one. Before 2023, how many times has he started a game in a position that’s not his usual position?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Are you not moving the goalpost here?
Bruno gets the numbers he is on because we are a team built to get the best out of him. Whilst a different player with a different set of ability that role and how we approach games will be different. If that player has the ball retention capability of overrated Silva, us a team will keep the ball better.
Is that statement wrong? You seem to forget Bruno has only started playing these various positions recently. What happened earlier in the season when he was serving us cold water as hot porridge? Oh you’ve got that covered because he had decrepit Ronaldo but that’s for goals and assists not ball retention like all the playmakers in football do.
You mean risk takers like Tadic and VDB?
and who gives a shit about ball retention when our only attack ever came from Ronaldo or Rashford ~ never both. What would Bernado silva bring to this current team & particularly bring to Rashford our only forward scoring a goal out of a squad of 25.
When we have have better forwards & a better midfield ( you could argue a modern sweeper keeper too) then we can focus on ball retention because the fact is that most of our squad is still built around ole's counterattack & our only regular goalscorer is A lw named Rashford. Ball retention with this lot would lead to less goals in the whole team, not more. Let Ten hag get a few more players & then we can improve possesion.

Bebestation

This Newcastle game basically is our whole season in one. Before 2023, how many times has he started a game in a position that’s not his usual position?
RM, LM, CAM, CM, CDM, even momentarily as a pressing CF. he has played everywhere this season.

redcucumber

In our strongest 11, Bruno starts and his position is way down on the list of areas for immediate improvement. He's quite detrimental to the team when he isn't playing with the likes of Casemiro, though, as we don't have anyone covering for his regular losing of the ball. I'd like to see a younger option come in with a different play style and challenge him, whether from the academy or externally.

A few people on here seem to have a personal thing against him (i.e the "this guy is a joke" line of comment) which is pathetic and says more about them than anything else.

Oranges038

He was poor, but he was trying to do too much because those around him were even worse and he ended up looking worse because of it. I'm not even sure what McT or Sabitzer were doing for most of the game.

He's a good player, but he needs to be played as the most advanced attacking mid, with license to roam and create. He just doesn't have the discipline to play deeper and try get the game moving and he can't play his normal game when the base of the midfield just disappears most of the time.

b20times

If he was English he would be benched but because he is called Bruno and not Brian and he is from Portugal and not Preston he gets a free pass.
He has so much talent but uses up all of his energy diving, being on the deck or arguing with Refs plus he seems to literally give up if the chips are down.

Resch

He was poor, but he was trying to do too much because those around him were even worse and he ended up looking worse because of it. I'm not even sure what McT or Sabitzer were doing for most of the game.

He's a good player, but he needs to be played as the most advanced attacking mid, with license to roam and create. He just doesn't have the discipline to play deeper and try to get the game moving and he can't play his normal game when the base of the midfield just disappears most of the time.
Sabitzer was trapped in our MF holes, and McT was lost on the pitch, somewher only he knows.

Fernandes could be a great player, but he is not! Why? Because he can not manage a match. As a captain & great player, he should know how to control the tempo, when to risk and when the team needs to keep possession. He can not stop defending, because he does not give a sh*t. The team acted like a headless chicken yesterday and Fernandes, as the captain, should have been the head!

KikiDaKats

Supports
and who gives a shit about ball retention when our only attack ever came from Ronaldo or Rashford ~ never both. What would Bernado silva bring to this current team & particularly bring to Rashford our only forward scoring a goal out of a squad of 25.
When we have have better forwards & a better midfield ( you could argue a modern sweeper keeper too) then we can focus on ball retention because the fact is that most of our squad is still built around ole's counterattack & our only regular goalscorer is A lw named Rashford. Ball retention with this lot would lead to less goals in the whole team, not more. Let Ten hag get a few more players & then we can improve possesion.
Ole squad, Ole players and Bruno Ten Hag signing? If that’s not the case, then this my point. A player brought in to play Oleball still the main attacking hub of team that the manager himself in his own words “want to dominate games” and possession is a key tool to achieving that. You don’t keep handing the ball back to opponents and expect to dominate them, unless you believe in silent domination.

We are not discussing the same point and you’re grasping at straws to make some sense of your stance. I doubt Anthony, Fred, Eriksen, Casemiro, Sancho and Ronaldo are incapable of scoring goals. Games are not played with a calculator, football is situational you not being able to back up your argument without irrelevant stats is making your point abysmal.

The point is his shortcomings on the ball has a negative impact on the ball retention capability of the team. He is the main creative hub for the attack and by default he is the main out let to progress balls into our attack. His is incapable of managing the ball properly bar attempting the fast breaks. He is perfect for a team playing for breaks but detriment to one that wants to keep it.

Mainoldo

If he was English he would be benched but because he is called Bruno and not Brian and he is from Portugal and not Preston he gets a free pass.
He has so much talent but uses up all of his energy diving, being on the deck or arguing with Refs plus he seems to literally give up if the chips are down.
What you say. If he’s name was Mason Mount the agenda would be rife?

You make a good point though he is the perfect comparison to Mason Mount playing football.

Oranges038

Sabitzer was trapped in our MF holes, and McT was lost on the pitch, somewher only he knows.

Fernandes could be a great player, but he is not! Why? Because he can not manage a match. As a captain & great player, he should know how to control the tempo, when to risk and when the team needs to keep possession. He can not stop defending, because he does not give a sh*t. The team acted like a headless chicken yesterday and Fernandes, as the captain, should have been the head!

But, this is kind of my point though, McT and Sabitzer are just non existent in there half the time. So he ends up running around like a headless chicken because he's trying to do too much. In doing so, he's not playing the game he's good at and ends up looking much worse as a result.

For me he's not a captain and shouldn't be. Don't care what anyone says, he lacks the discipline on the pitch and acts like a spoilt child. He's not a midfielder to get on the ball and dictate the play, that's just not his game, doubt it ever will be. He's just not going to prosper when he's the only midfielder in there out of 3 who is actually capable of making stuff happen with the ball. Fred/McT/Sabitzer aren't going to do it, pairing him with 2 of these is stupid in my opinion. I'll be honest I'd probably just play those 3 and let them do all that midfield running and put Fernandes in the Wout role.

El Jefe

The truth with Bruno is he's just not that good. He mirrors exactly what we are, a bottom tier top player and we are a bottom tier top side. It's why I and many others subscribe to the idea that we'll never win the PL with him.

He's basically been given the keys to the team ever since he's been here.

Yes we could be better if we add other top players especially in midfield and attack but as long as he's the main cog in our attacking play I just don't see us ever reaching where we want.

Games like yesterday happen far too often with Bruno. He's either black or white, there's no in-between with him. It's why he's so polarising. Top players need to be a lot more consistent. I'd prefer regular 7.5 performances than fluctuating between 8.5 and 5.5.

Bebestation

Ole squad, Ole players and Bruno Ten Hag signing? If that’s not the case, then this my point. A player brought in to play Oleball still the main attacking hub of team that the manager himself in his own words “want to dominate games” and possession is a key tool to achieving that. You don’t keep handing the ball back to opponents and expect to dominate them, unless you believe in silent domination.

We are not discussing the same point and you’re grasping at straws to make some sense of your stance. I doubt Anthony, Fred, Eriksen, Casemiro, Sancho and Ronaldo are incapable of scoring goals. Games are not played with a calculator, football is situational you not being able to back up your argument without irrelevant stats is making your point abysmal.

The point is his shortcomings on the ball has a negative impact on the ball retention capability of the team. He is the main creative hub for the attack and by default he is the main out let to progress balls into our attack. His is incapable of managing the ball properly bar attempting the fast breaks. He is perfect for a team playing for breaks but detriment to one that wants to keep it.
And I’m grasping at straws apparently:lol:

Like how you missed Weghorst who is our main striker right now.

If you think those players would be better without Bruno Fernándes creativity to be more ball retention players then fine!

The fact is players like Weghorst, Mctominay, Sancho and Antony completely lose the ball by dribbling the ball right in to the opposition knee cap and losing possession for throws and counter attacks.

We are no where near a team that can hold possesion right now and blaming Bruno Fernándes like he is doing this with no usefulness is bullshit.

The guy has 20 g&a - we would be worse without him than with him ball retention or not - because why?

We don’t have anywhere near a first team that can focus on shit like ball retention- never mind the fact that Casemiro has been banned a lot, Eriksen has been injured for a long time, so has Martial, Fred didn’t play yesterday and also looses possession.

All the players you mentioned have either been missing - helping our team to lose possession- or are losing possession themselves.

Not just Bruno who is one of our most productive players anyway.

Anyway, it’s clearly a player that is irritating you - when there is plenty more shit that irritates me that Bruno Fernándes.

Bebestation

The truth with Bruno is he's just not that good. He mirrors exactly what we are, a bottom tier top player and we are a bottom tier top side. It's why I and many others subscribe to the idea that we'll never win the PL with him.

Yes we could be better if we add other top players especially in midfield and attack but as long as he's the main cog in our attacking play I just don't see us ever reaching where we want.

Games like yesterday happen far too often with Bruno. He's either black or white, there's no in-between with him. It's why he's so polarising. Top players need to be a lot more consistent. I'd prefer regular 7.5 performances than fluctuating between 8.5 and 5.5.
Yes because Mctominay and Sabitzer are top quality midfielders to play with :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

EtH needs to stop using him as a square peg for round holes, it’s similar to shoehorning Wout in to the team at 10.

You don’t sacrifice your players best positions. If he has questions about Bruno at 10 then don’t play him but this hybrid midfielder nonsense is beyond Bruno & will never result in his best performances.

I understand with Casemiro & Eriksen out things have to change but we’re looking toothless in the current set up.

Lyng

Yes because Mctominay and Sabitzer are top quality midfielders to play with :lol:
No but they are pretty much victims of the same issue. Neither of them are good at what they are used for. I dont think McT is good enough regardless, but Sabitzer could do a job for us, but not as a deep lying midfielder.
Much like Bruno he is much more offensive minded and doesnt have the ability to control / run a match from the deep, which is why we look like shambles whenever we dont have Case and Eriksen.

Bebestation

No but they are pretty much victims of the same issue. Neither of them are good at what they are used for. I dont think McT is good enough regardless, but Sabitzer could do a job for us, but not as a deep lying midfielder.
Much like Bruno he is much more offensive minded and doesnt have the ability to control / run a match from the deep, which is why we look like shambles whenever we dont have Case and Eriksen.
I agree and this is why people say we need a back up/2nd option on Casemiro and Eriksen.

We have lost 2 of our best midfielders for different reasons and we are playing players out of their positions because of it.

Lyng

I agree and this is why people say we need a back up/2nd option on Casemiro and Eriksen.

We have lost 2 of our best midfielders for different reasons and we are playing players out of their positions because of it.
Yep exactly. Years of watching McFred should have made people realise we would be in trouble once Eriksen and Casemiro where out.

KikiDaKats

Supports
And I’m grasping at straws apparently:lol:

Like how you missed Weghorst who is our main striker right now.

If you think those players would be better without Bruno Fernándes creativity to be more ball retention players then fine!

The fact is players like Weghorst, Mctominay, Sancho and Antony completely lose the ball by dribbling the ball right in to the opposition knee cap and losing possession for throws and counter attacks.

We are no where near a team that can hold possesion right now and blaming Bruno Fernándes like he is doing this with no usefulness is bullshit.

The guy has 20 g&a - we would be worse without him than with him ball retention or not - because why?

We don’t have anywhere near a first team that can focus on shit like ball retention- never mind the fact that Casemiro has been banned a lot, Eriksen has been injured for a long time, so has Martial, Fred didn’t play yesterday and also looses possession.

All the players you mentioned have either been missing - helping our team to lose possession- or are losing possession themselves.

Not just Bruno who is one of our most productive players anyway.

Anyway, it’s clearly a player that is irritating you - when there is plenty more shit that irritates me that Bruno Fernándes.
I will leave it at that. I was supporting United and watch football across the globe before Bruno was born. An angenda against him is unnecessary because he will be out of the club before my support wains.

What I know is I’m entitled to an alternate understanding of what I see with my own eyes. I just state what I believe.

gajender

You and many others are being generous by only saying that United won't win PL with him as regular starter , in my opinion United won't ever challenge with him as fulcrum of this team and when do we ever get 8.5 performances from him like ever .

Andersons Dietician

He’s just weird. I honestly don’t know what you do with him. He can be such an asset at times but I’m convinced we could replace him and be much better off in the long run.

When the stuff he does comes off it’s fantastic but there are so many things he just doesn’t do or can’t do which unfortunately has a negative affect on the overall performance.

I actually saw a map of his chances created not that long ago and it was pretty bad. Fair enough most of them are over the top of the defence to Rashford to run on. But very few if any seemed to be penetrative passes in to the box. It just from the map of them made it look like his creative stats are actually a bit over inflated.

So many of them seemed to stop dead before the 18 yarder which I’m guessing translates in to someone taking a long range effort from there.

Its just a weird situation with him.

lex talionis

Had a few moments of guile but offered little, and was offered even less to work with by his attacking teammates.

zaafi

I thought he had a great game. I really enjoyed this relaxed approach from him which helped the build up play in midfield significantly, especially in the first half and it led to us camping their box. Let's hope he keeps this up. He can still create a lot of chances while not having a chaotic offensive style.

slored1

Superb game. Box-to-box and controlled the tempo. If only he could do that every week.

Aint gota Kalou

Our most important performance, offered some quality from a deeper position which is what we have been lacking.

That pass for Fred’s chance at the end with his left was ridiculous. He’s gonna have an insane pass highlight reel when he’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.