2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't think Bruno was particularly bad today. He was just nullified by our tactics. The strange diamond we played saw him first running around, lots, but not doing much on the ball. Then he dropped into midfield and started doing his best crab impression. Then he became a centre back. I'd say, on the whole, a 6/10 performance. There were lots of reasons why we lost but I don't think Bruno is near the top of that list.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
PlayerClubDistance (km)
Dejan KulusevskiSpurs47.07
Bruno FernandesMan Utd46.84
Declan RiceArsenal46.75
Abdoulaye DoucoureEverton46.43
RodriMan City46.37
PhilipBournemouth45.97
Bruno GuimaraesNewcastle45.82
Dominik SzoboszlaiLiverpool45.74
Enzo FernandezChelsea45.19
Pascal GrossBrighton44.77

So way out on his own as most creative player in the PL so far this season and now clocking in as having run the second highest distance of anyone in the PL so far this season.

And this is a player who has been heavily criticised by his own fans for the performances that generated these stats.

We don't deserve nice things....
Stats that show you can run around and play 3/4 decent passes a game and still be shite 4 games out of 5.

zaafi

Think most of our major attacks came through him with his instinctive passes. Sadly all of them were to Rashford who doesn't know what to do with the ball.

But he wasn't the problem today imo. You play dogshit players like McTominay in midfield and then expect a cohesive tight defensive unit. Our CBs keep changing every other game.
Brighton defend well, and Bruno can't be creative when he doesn't have space. So the only times he actually made something happen was when we countered and he hit a long pass, which is where his chance creating comes from. He's just not able to create consistently against teams who defend well.

zaafi

Not sure what Ten Hag was thinking putting Bruno at CB after we went 2-0 down. When we're chasing a couple of goals, surely he would've been of more use to us in the final third than Mctominay or Martial. Feels pointless criticising a player for his performance when he's instructed to play so far out of position.
How often do you see him create chances against decent teams with a compact and structured defence? There is a reason why a lot of his chance creating comes from long balls.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is really not more than a decent player who likes to hoof the ball forward and who runs a lot for two years now. If it wasn't for those creativity stats he would have no excuse for two seasons now, but his fans can come up with it any time he plays bad - which is pretty much every week once.

He is also really slow. And I mean 36 year old Paul Scholes slow.

united for life

3 assists and a goal a couple of days back. The problem here is that he is made to move a lot to accommodate others. Not sure why we keep doing that. A CB today towards the end was a joke…

united for life

Against Luxembourg...

Classic Bruno.
Stats show that he creates enough chances, more than anyone in the league if im not mistaken (not sure if de bruyne is more). Frustrating that we havent had a decent striker to help out for a while now.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

How often do you see him create chances against decent teams with a compact and structured defence? There is a reason why a lot of his chance creating comes from long balls.
Off the top of my head from last season alone - the assists for two of Rashford's three goals vs Arsenal, the assist for Sabitzer's goal vs Sevilla, the assist for Fred's goal vs Barca.

Are you implying that he's just a long ball merchant? We've seen him create chance after chances by threading balls through structured defences. You're dying to re-write history everytime Bruno doesn't have an outstanding game.

Robbie Boy

Stats show that he creates enough chances, more than anyone in the league if im not mistaken (not sure if de bruyne is more). Frustrating that we havent had a decent striker to help out for a while now.
The stats don't tell the full story. KdB is on another planet to Bruno. Bruno is an incredibly frustrating player who rarely does it in the bigger games.

Last edited:

united for life

The stats don't tell the full story. KdB is on another planet to Bruno. Bruno is am incredibly frustrating player who rarely does it in the bigger games.
what full story? I want player like him to create chances. He does that. Unfortunately we dont score. Moving him around all the time doesnt help at all

united for life

KdB is a far better all-round footballer. That's the full story.
why are we making this a comparison? Yes, kdb is one of the best players in the world. The best at his position. I’m not contesting that and I never said otherwise. What I said is that Bruno creates lots of chances (not sure if he or kdb was first).

zaafi

Off the top of my head from last season alone - the assists for two of Rashford's three goals vs Arsenal, the assist for Sabitzer's goal vs Sevilla, the assist for Fred's goal vs Barca.

Are you implying that he's just a long ball merchant? We've seen him create chance after chances by threading balls through structured defences. You're dying to re-write history everytime Bruno doesn't have an outstanding game.
What you're doing here with your examples is that you're proving my point. He needs space, and he doesn't create chances if he doesn't have the space to play the ball into. Threading the ball through isn't that difficult when you're a player like Bruno and the defenders play a high line.

The only good example you listed is the Sabitzer goal against Sevilla.

Robbie Boy

why are we making this a comparison? Yes, kdb is one of the best players in the world. The best at his position. I’m not contesting that and I never said otherwise. What I said is that Bruno creates lots of chances (not sure if he or kdb was first).
Because that's the point. The best players at top clubs are generally significantly better than our best players. Bruno is good, nothing more. He's been elevated to a ridiculous level by some of our fans.

Last edited:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

What you're doing here with your examples is that you're proving my point. He needs space, and he doesn't create chances if he doesn't have the space to play the ball into. Threading the ball through isn't that difficult when you're a player like Bruno and the defenders play a high line.
Those assists vs Barca and Sevilla were against decent compact defences with very little space, so I've literally proven your point wrong. I can name several other examples as well. We'e all seen Bruno create chances on the edge of the opposition's penalty area. Claiming that he only ever creates chances from long balls is a weird hill to die on.

united for life

Because that's the point. The best players are top clubs are generally significantly better than our best players. Bruno is good, nothing more. He's been elevated to a ridiculous level by some of our fans.
why ignore stats? I agree he is not on KdB’s level, but who is? He’s a level on his own. It doesn’t make bruno a bad player. the impact he’s had when he joined and his contribution afterwards isn’t bad. Is the system at the club fine? No! Are we as a team consistent week in week out? No! Do we have the right players elsewhere on the pitch? Also no!

With the form we are in, any player would be hammered by the fans.

zaafi

Those assists vs Barca and Sevilla were against decent compact defences with very little space, so I've literally proven your point wrong. I can name several other examples as well. We'e all seen Bruno create chances on the edge of the opposition's penalty area. Claiming that he only ever creates chances from long balls is a weird hill to die on.
I never said he only ever creates chances from long balls, but it usually is. He is brilliant at it, and immediately looks to create that way when the opportunity arises.

By the way, Sevilla were not a decent compact defence, and they also showed that in the league.

Pughnichi

Not a huge fan of Bruno. He was far from the problem today but I just don’t conceivably think we’ll compete for epl, champs league with him as our star player. IMO he’s too wasteful in possession and often makes poor decisions and tries to force things. In fairness a weak argument could be made that he’s playing with poor players/decision makers around him

he’s a level up from lukaku and of course they play different positions but he reminds me of him in that he bumps his goals and assists against lesser opponents.

united for life

That is the problem, he's a moment's player.
i dint agree. He is actually the hardest working player in the team. He can be better when it comes to making decisions at times, but overall a good player who works for the team. Unfortunately, keeps moving around to fill gaps

Robbie Boy

why ignore stats? I agree he is not on KdB’s level, but who is? He’s a level on his own. It doesn’t make bruno a bad player. the impact he’s had when he joined and his contribution afterwards isn’t bad. Is the system at the club fine? No! Are we as a team consistent week in week out? No! Do we have the right players elsewhere on the pitch? Also no!

With the form we are in, any player would be hammered by the fans.
I'm hardly hammering him. I think he's a good player that's massively overrated by a portion of our fanbase.

Yes, he has good creativity but he's sloppy af and consistently loses the ball and makes stupid sloppy passes.

fezzerUTD

3 assists and a goal a couple of days back. The problem here is that he is made to move a lot to accommodate others. Not sure why we keep doing that. A CB today towards the end was a joke…
Jesus the state of this. Wet flannel players and fans geez.

united for life

i dint agree. He is actually the hardest working player in the team. He can be better when it comes to making decisions at times, but ow
I'm hardly hammering him. I think he's a good player that's massively overrated by a portion of our fanbase.

Yes, he has good creativity but he's sloppy af and consistently loses the ball and makes stupid sloppy passes.
i can relate to a post like this. Yes he is sloppy at times and this needs to be worked on.

for me, he needs a functioning team to show what he really can do. Currently, we are terrible overall

Marwood

He wasn't sloppy today. Just not involved enough, we didn’t get him on the ball on the right areas after about 20 mins.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was poor but I think over 90 minutes he had to change position a few times so it was tricky for him to get any rhythm.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Wasn't very good today but was switched around a lot so can be forgiven.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Because that's the point. The best players are top clubs are generally significantly better than our best players. Bruno is good, nothing more. He's been elevated to a ridiculous level by some of our fans.
He's probably the only player in our squad that is top 3 in his position in the league.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Have to be honest, I would have no issue getting rid if we eventually become a proper club again.
Yeah it's clear you don't fancy him

And that position is obsolete these days.
Well it's not, because 3 of the top 4 teams in the league used players in the same role as Bruno last season. (United, City, Arsenal)

And there's 5 players in the league that are 10s.
Won't bother engaging with you. When United lose, even if Bruno isn't playing, you're always the first to reach 10 post-match comments in here.

zaafi

Won't bother engaging with you. When United lose, even if Bruno isn't playing, you're always the first to reach 10 post-match comments in here.
People reply to my posts, so I respond back.

What are your thoughts on his performance today? I bet you think he was amazing. You're the absolute blindest poster when it comes to Bruno.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It’s always interesting when people bring up someone who “creates a ton” like Bruno as above reproach when the team that schooled us today doesn’t have any brilliant individual creators in particular yet score at a higher rate than anyone else in the league. Creating within a team > creating from “moments of brilliance”

zaafi

It’s always interesting when people bring up someone who “creates a ton” like Bruno as above reproach when the team that schooled us today doesn’t have any brilliant individual creators in particular yet score at a higher rate than anyone else in the league. Creating within a team > creating from “moments of brilliance”
This a hundred times. So many posters don't seem to get this.