g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Bruno Fernandes image 8

Bruno Fernandes Portugal flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yet still Newcastle is using TOnali as more or less the single one chance creation outlet. For newcastle, this would be Trippier, Tonali may support this this season and who knows, maybe at the end of the season, we can say Tonali is changing roles but that would be early days.

What is it buddy, did your fish die or what happened?

I wasn't passive aggressive, apologies, if it came across differently. I can tell you, that your post came across as if you would pick on the other poster and only thing I did, was trying to bring your attention to you appearing a bit weird. You know, you can just ignore the poster right?

Appearantly your triggered - obviously the links I posted have all heatmaps, you can look for this season, or for last season. As I said, if you wouldn't be so confrontative, you may could save yourself half your posts.
Dude calm down, no one is triggered and no one is "unrelaxed", and to save myself some time go and read the posts again and see why you mentioning last season heat map was pointless.

You posted heat map, i said check Odegaard and Szobo heap maps and then you came up with "last season see where the player played bla bla bla" which is just pointless.

If you just read and just talk about those points without wall of nothing posts, it will save everyone's time.

NZT-One

Dude calm down, no one is triggered and no one is "unrelaxed", and to save myself some time go and read the posts again and see why you mentioning last season heat map was pointless.

You posted heat map, i said check Odegaard and Szobo heap maps and then you came up with "last season see where the player played bla bla bla" which is just pointless.

If you just read and just talk about those points without wall of nothing posts, it will save everyone's time.
FYI

I don't really think, a heatmap of this season would be too substantial, thats why I hinted that the links contain the information for last seasons as well. If you want to know what kind of player Szobo for example is, its probably more useful to look for last years heatmaps than this years. Still isn't a definitive answer of course. Can you see the point, where it is mentioned, that Brunos role (not only positional but also role wise in terms of being more or less the only creative outlet) is different than for example Tonali or Szobo?

:lol: and this guy talks about passive aggressive posts.
Believe it or not, it is meant well. I don't know what it is, but my experience says that people who are triggered by something, act a certain way. I've seen that behaviour in you. If you have no issues, than fine (for you, not necessarily the forum imo).

roonster09

Scout
FYI

I don't really think, a heatmap of this season would be too substantial, thats why I hinted that the links contain the information for last seasons as well. If you want to know what kind of player Szobo for example is, its probably more useful to look for last years heatmaps than this years. Still isn't a definitive answer of course. Can you see the point, where it is mentioned, that Brunos role (not only positional but also role wise in terms of being more or less the only creative outlet) is different than for example Tonali or Szobo?
Szobo is more of an attacker than Bruno, last season and this season. Also last season has nothing to do with the point of discussion as the stats are for this season and the set up has changed for every team.

zaafi

Szobo is more of an attacker than Bruno, last season and this season. Also last season has nothing to do with the point of discussion as the stats are for this season and the set up has changed for every team.
So incredibly wrong and you're just exposing your lack of knowledge here

NZT-One

:lol: and this guy talks about passive aggressive posts.
Why would you say, he is more of an attacker than Bruno? Bruno has one goal, one assist, Szobo one goal. Heatmaps for this years PL (as I said, this small sample set should be taken with a grain of salt) indicate that Bruno is more engaged in front of goal.

I know you are talking about the one graph you posted, but the discussion took a little detour that there aren't many who do not agree that Bruno is great at chance creation. But this is also helped by the fact that he is our only creator and the whole team seems to circle around that (for quite some time). I am sure you agree, that this will influence stats, do you?

roonster09

Scout
Why would you say, he is more of an attacker than Bruno? Bruno has one goal, one assist, Szobo one goal. Heatmaps for this years PL (as I said, this small sample set should be taken with a grain of salt) indicate that Bruno is more engaged in front of goal.

I know you are talking about the one graph you posted, but the discussion took a little detour that there aren't many who do not agree that Bruno is great at chance creation. But this is also helped by the fact that he is our only creator and the whole team seems to circle around that (for quite some time). I am sure you agree, that this will influence stats, do you?
Their heat map looked more or less same, it was just a reactionary post as someone kept banging how Szobo and Odegaard are deeper players.

We have Eriksen in the team, one more elite creator and added Mount who was also among top positions in chance creation stats. So no, he isn't the only creator we have. Apart from that we signed elite creator from Dortmund. Looks like the statement "He is the only creator" is not right, more like he is the only one in our team who creates consistently, now that's a right statement.

NZT-One

Their heat map looked more or less same, it was just a reactionary post as someone kept banging how Szobo and Odegaard are deeper players.
I think, their heat maps do look a little different but so be it. I also wouldn't call it banging, but I think, there is certainly a discussion possible, that Odegaard and Bruno aren't playing the exact same roles for their respective teams. Haven't last year and this year probably as well. Difficult to say because we are halfway through an experiment with a new formation, where nobody really knows how it will work out.

We have Eriksen in the team, one more elite creator and added Mount who was also among top positions in chance creation stats. So no, he isn't the only creator we have. Apart from that we signed elite creator from Dortmund.
Having Eriksen and Sancho didn't really change a thing last year. Come on. We were happy Eriksen was available to play in the buildup next to Casemiro, but the main chance creator was always Bruno. On Sancho, I'd happily give you the point but we all know he doesn't really shine for us and certainly hasn't last season. Mount you may be right, lets see, but now it is certainly too early to say that Bruno won't be the sole creator this year (again). Hopefully Mount will bed in and the burden can be shared but as of now, it hasn't happen yet.

So all things considered, based on all we know right now, Bruno is the main chance creator in our team. Because he was in the last 2 or 3 years and many attempts to add to that, haven't (as of now) worked out.

Looks like the statement "He is the only creator" is not right, more like he is the only one in our team who creates consistently, now that's a right statement.
No issues signing that off but to be honest, thats how I understood the point in the first place. He was the only one who did something of note, our play went through him and more or less Rashford, all other attacking contributions aren't as noteworthy. Thank god, Bruno had the chance creation that he had, otherwise, our results wouldn't have been the same. But (and that is to bring it back to start of the discussion) isn't the main plotpoint of this thread. That would be that some posters act as if it would be widely contested what a chance creator Bruno is. But that isn't the case, where he is questioned are different areas of the game. And while some act (at least to me) as if his cons are easily outweighted by his pros, others aren't fully on board.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
I think, their heat maps look a little different but so be it. I also wouldn't call it banging, but I think, there is certainly a discussion possible, that Odegaard and Bruno aren't playing the exact same roles for their teams. Haven't last year and this year probably as well. Difficult to say because we are halfway in an experiment with a new formation.

Having Eriksen and Sancho didn't really change a thing last year. Come on. We were happy Eriksen was available to play in the buildup next to Casemiro, but the main chance creator was always Bruno. On Sancho, I'd happily give you the point but we all know he doesn't really shine for us and certainly hasn't last season. Mount you may be right, lets see, certainly to early to say that Bruno won't be the sole creator this year. Hopefully Mount will bed in and the burden can be shared but as of now, it hasn't happen yet.

No issues signing that but to be honest, thats how I understood the point in the first place. He was the only one who did something of note, our play went through him and more or less Rashford, all other attacking contributions aren't as noteworthy. Thank god, Bruno had the chance creation that he had, otherwise, our results wouldn't have been the same. But and that is to bring it back to start of the discussion, isn't the main plotpoint of this thread. That would be that some posters act as if it would be widely contested what a chance creator Bruno is. But that isn't the case, where he is questioned are different areas of the game.

Arsenal completely controlled the game last season and their players camped in opponents half, not sure how Odegaard played different role. Better season? Yes, easily. Played deeper? No.

Ignoring all the other part, just to the last few lines, It's a very simple stat and a plot graph which showed Bruno as the best creator in the league, just because few hate Bruno doesn't mean they have to cry about the stats everytime they are posted, at least one or two poster who consistently does it.

What Bruno brings to the team and what he lacks is not some new topic (it's well known too) and as usual football is a team game and you build a team by having players who compliment each other. Repeating how he gives away possession or can't dribble like Odegaard every day is not everyone's cup of tea.

zaafi

Arsenal completely controlled the game last season and their players camped in opponents half, not sure how Odegaard played different role. Better season? Yes, easily. Played deeper? No.

Ignoring all the other part, just to the last few lines, It's a very simple stat and a plot graph which showed Bruno as the best creator in the league, just because few hate Bruno doesn't mean they have to cry about the stats everytime they are posted, at least one or two poster who consistently does it.

What Bruno brings to the team and what he lacks is not some new topic (it's well known too) and as usual football is a team game and you build a team by having players who compliment each other. Repeating how he gives away possession or can't dribble like Odegaard every day is not everyone's cup of tea.
That is not what is being said by any poster. That is how you interpret it, despite several posters going into detail and explaining why he may not be the ideal midfielder for our team. You interpreting things differently than how they're meant isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Maybe you should learn to read what people think of him and accept that they don't share your opinion on him, instead of dismissing the posts and constantly repeat "but he lost possession so he sucks" adding white text below, as if that is the point. It is a weakness he has, but he has many and it's not the worst of them.

NZT-One

Legitimate stance.

But you can see the little irony here, do you?

All in all - see your point, not every stat post should be met with general criticism. But no all criticism should be met with "you're not a fan", "you don't know football" as well. Its the same shit, just different perspectives.

That is not what is being said by any poster. That is how you interpret it, despite several posters going into detail and explaining why he may not be the ideal midfielder for our team. You interpreting things differently than how they're meant isn't anyone else's fault but your own. Maybe you should learn to read what people think of him and accept that they don't share your opinion on him, instead of dismissing the posts and constantly repeat "but he lost possession so he sucks" adding white text below, as if that is the point. It is a weakness he has, but he has many and it's not the worst of them.
For the record: I am sure we all would be better off, if all of us wouldn't read idiocy, illiteracy or whatnot in other peoples post. Misunderstandings are the name of the game, all we can do is trying to act as civil as possible and maybe don't judge as soon as certain buzzwords are dropped.

roonster09

Scout
Ignoring the moaning part as usual, at least you are consistent.

zaafi

Ignoring the moaning part as usual, at least you are consistent.
What does that even mean? :confused:

Regarding your comment on Arsenal controlling the game and camping the opposition in their box. Why do you think a big part of that was? Go on, say it's mostly Saka.

roonster09

Scout
Legitimate stance.

But you can see the little irony here, do you?

All in all - see your point, not every stat post should be met with general criticism. But no all criticism should be met with "you're not a fan", "you don't know football" as well. Its the same shit, just different perspectives.
Not sure where the irony is, anyways looks like you missed few posts. Criticism was not met with "You don't know football", posts praising Bruno was met with "you don't know football", as usual by the guy who is clueless about the game.

roonster09

Scout
What does that even mean? :confused:

Regarding your comment on Arsenal controlling the game and camping the opposition in their box. Why do you think a big part of that was? Go on, say it's mostly Saka.
Memory issues? I mean serious question.

zaafi

Memory issues? I mean serious question.
It's hard to remember with the amount of garbage that you post. If I were to guess based on your incredibly boring reasoning, it would be something like "it's a team game and it's the manager's tactical approach and having the ideal players". :smirk:

roonster09

Scout
It's hard to remember with the amount of garbage that you post. If I were to guess based on your incredibly boring reasoning, it would be something like "it's a team game and it's the manager's tactical approach and having the ideal players". :smirk:
Yeah that's a nice lie, as usual then.

zaafi

Not sure where the irony is, anyways looks like you missed few posts. Criticism was not met with "You don't know football", posts praising Bruno was met with "you don't know football", as usual by the guy who is clueless about the game.
You can't see the irony because you're not a very clever guy. You pretend to know a lot, but know very little. On top of that, your posting behaviour on an internet forum towards strangers indicate you're generally a moody, angry man.

roonster09

Scout
You can't see the irony because you're not a very clever guy. You pretend to know a lot, but know very little. On top of that, your posting behaviour on an internet forum towards strangers indicate you're generally a moody, angry man.
Wipe your tears ffs :lol:

NZT-One

The irony is you stating that it isn't new what Bruno brings to the table (like good chance creation stats for example) while also stating that it isn't everybodys cup of tea to read what he isn't good at. Come on, mate, don't tell me you don't see that

roonster09

Scout
The irony is you stating that it isn't new what Bruno brings to the table (like good chance creation stats for example) while also stating that it isn't everybodys cup of tea to read what he isn't good at. Come on, mate, don't tell me you don't see that
If you break post into lines and highlight only bit of it, it changes the context and what was said.

This is the complete post and I dont see any irony in this. It's about the posts which are made when something positive is posted about Bruno.

It's a very simple stat and a plot graph which showed Bruno as the best creator in the league, just because few hate Bruno doesn't mean they have to cry about the stats everytime they are posted, at least one or two poster who consistently does it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

PlayerClubDistance (km)
Dejan KulusevskiSpurs47.07
Bruno FernandesMan Utd46.84
Declan RiceArsenal46.75
Abdoulaye DoucoureEverton46.43
RodriMan City46.37
PhilipBournemouth45.97
Bruno GuimaraesNewcastle45.82
Dominik SzoboszlaiLiverpool45.74
Enzo FernandezChelsea45.19
Pascal GrossBrighton44.77

So way out on his own as most creative player in the PL so far this season and now clocking in as having run the second highest distance of anyone in the PL so far this season.

And this is a player who has been heavily criticised by his own fans for the performances that generated these stats.

We don't deserve nice things....

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I’d love to know how many outfield players can match his minutes on the pitch.
229 games for club and country since he joined Utd less than 4 years ago. Even if he didn’t play again in 2023 that’s an average of 57 games per year. He’ll likely be averaging more than 60 games per season at his current rate.

Baneofthegame

Don’t know what it is, because I’m sure the stats say different, but whenever I watch him in big games he seems terrible.

zaafi

Another nothing performance from him. Apparently, he's good enough for the elite teams, as is Rashford :houllier:

Sylar

He has no composure especially when we are losing. But the same thing happens when we are winning. Instead of just moving the ball, keeping momentum he looks for a difficult pass to try and create a moment.

Idxomer

Don’t know what it is, because I’m sure the stats say different, but whenever I watch him in big games he seems terrible.
I don't think they say different, his stats against the top teams or the ones who are good at football are very ordinary.

Litch

Not for me. The best managers would get rid, his monents hide his inadequacies

AndySmith1990

Another nothing performance from him. Apparently, he's good enough for the elite teams, as is Rashford :houllier:
At elite teams the pair of them would be considered decent squad players.

Here they are apparently our star players. Indispensable, irreplaceable even, some would have you believe.

The standards at this club are well and truly in the dirt.

redNATION

Players like him and Rashford are headless chickens, have no ability to play in a structured, possession based team. Too reliant on moments and no composure whatsoever. He’s captain so won’t be dropped but we won’t achieve anything with him as the focal point in midfield.

NZT-One

He is more or less a non-entity when trying to defend a well-organized side. Don't think, he was too terrible today and next to Eriksen, McTom and this Casemiro, it was an uphill battle against a well-run Brighton side. We need him to play where he is best, second striker or 10 or maybe roaming playmaker from the right side. But anything else just doesn't work.

zaafi

At elite teams the pair of them would be considered decent squad players.

Here they are apparently our star players. Indispensable, irreplaceable even, some would have you believe.

The standards at this club are well and truly in the dirt.
Exactly. It's pathetic how these are considered our star players and posters putting the blame on the other players that aren't at their level. You can't build a CL or PL winning team with these players.

El Jefe

But...but he had a 10/10 game the other day against Luxembourg. He's the player that sums us up perfectly in my opinion.

It might not be so noticeable but he's cowering under the pressure of the captaincy. It was easy for all the other players to puff up their chests as leaders when Maguire was taking the heat. Now that there's no scapegoat you can see him shitting himself late in games when we're behind.

The game Pascale Gross had today is something I'm not even sure if Bruno is capable of. Bossed the midfield with ease.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Think most of our major attacks came through him with his instinctive passes. Sadly all of them were to Rashford who doesn't know what to do with the ball.

But he wasn't the problem today imo. You play dogshit players like McTominay in midfield and then expect a cohesive tight defensive unit. Our CBs keep changing every other game.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Not sure what Ten Hag was thinking putting Bruno at CB after we went 2-0 down. When we're chasing a couple of goals, surely he would've been of more use to us in the final third than Mctominay or Martial. Feels pointless criticising a player for his performance when he's instructed to play so far out of position.