5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
We'd be lost without him. The only way I'd sell him is if we were to drastically change the tactics and the midfield dynamic, because the way we play is heavily reliant on his individual brilliance. Other teams wear you down through keeping possession and probing, creating overloads and good runs off the ball. I see none of that with us, and think we'd be toothless without his creativity. The stats speak for themselves.

OverratedOpinion

Wasn't it a deflection alltogether?

edit: hmm, probably no deflection but I have a hard time anybody really expecting this ball to reach Mainoo with him being onside.
I just watched it on .25 speed and I'm pretty sure Bruno flicked it with the outside of his right boot.

He is a genuine assist machine.

NZT-One

I just watched it on .25 speed and I'm pretty sure Bruno flicked it with the outside of his right boot.

He is a genuine assist machine.
When you look at it on this speed, you can also see that Mainoo moves behind Bruno and that he can't even be aware where Mainoo would end up. If he had a touch, and that may well be the case, it probably isn't anything planned or intended. More chances that he wanted to play McTominay in who was in his line of sight. Statman Dave gave you so many stats, celebrate them when there is an itch to celebrate, no need to dig into stuff that probably isn't there.

gajender

When you look at it on this speed, you can also see that Mainoo moves behind Bruno and that he can't even be aware where Mainoo would end up. If he had a touch, and that may well be the case, it probably isn't anything planned or intended. More chances that he wanted to play McTominay in who was in his line of sight. Statman Dave gave you so many stats, celebrate them when there is an itch to celebrate, no need to dig into stuff that probably isn't there.
Stateman Dave another Genius who can sometimes make even most inept performance look superlative with his use of stats .

No wonder he is go to guy for Bruno Stans .

NZT-One

Stateman Dave another Genius who can sometimes make even most inept performance look superlative with his use of stats .

No wonder he is go to guy for Bruno Stans .
Most definitely... Such a weird state of things these days... people recognize that terms like "facts" and "objectiveness" have some inherent meaning, now they go, try to dig for it and try to put the "fachts" sticker to each of their opinions. Suddenly everything is stats and science and even the most broadheaded person feels himself as in the know when he manages to open up the for-free fbref homepage and looks at data where half of it isn't understood. But who cares, its stats

That being said, I'll give Bruno some credit today, he was pretty good today and I thought he took a bit of a beating. Can't follow the big praise from some other as I thought we didn't play well at all and while he certainly had his moments in attack, he made some wonky decisions on the ball, at least two in dangerous areas. But I don't have to understand that, I am sure some fans were really pleased with this result, I personally have no issues with Newcastle but I can understand somebody being happy seeing them lose.

I really wish, I'd know what goes on in ETHs head... If this chaotic thing today is what he wants or if it is more that style we employed against Arsenal.

suheilsworld

I’d be tempted to rest him or start him on the bench against Brighton as looks like realistically FA cup is the route to Europa league. Get some minutes for Licha and Bruno against Brighton to get them fit and roaring against city

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
"Bruno is very good"
"But have you seen these cherry picked and mostly pointless stats?"
"Ok, but have you seen these far better stats?"
"Why are you only focusing on stats? Statman Dave wannabe!"

Its all gone Shane Long

If he stays I just want a fecking clause in someone’s contract that forces us to rest/rotate him. Especially now that he’ll be in his 30’s, playing every 90 minutes for 50-60 games is just stupid with how much energy he plays with.
100% he’s played far to often, he’s going into his 30’s now, time to rest him properly for games

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Clearly playing with a completely busted hand, wasn't even using it to push himself of the ground.

90+ minutes, he's still closing like a madman, while Rashford...waits for an opportunity I guess.

He's not perfect but he's our best player.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Not captain material though... :wenger:

OverratedOpinion

What are you talking about? I'm just pretty sure Bruno flicked the ball around the corner.

Lyng

"Bruno is very good"
I dont even care about stats. If anyone can watch our previous game and then this and not see what Bruno offers, then its probably specsavers they need more than a stats sheet.

He was immense and it was a joy to watch him combine with Amad.

cpresc

Bruno in a false 9 looked incredible, we was absolutely everywhere pulling all the strings. Fantastic performance.

I think he often gets unfairly paired with Rashford when it comes to criticism of our highest paid players.

I'd love to see us bring in Neves and Silva using Bruno as the key attraction for them to join and build out that Portuguese and world-class youngster contingent.

Eplel

We're at the point that some people here have to make up reasons to criticise Bruno.

El Jefe

I’ve been in the sell Bruno camp but his form in the last 10 weeks or so has been pretty much back to his first calendar year when he joined.

My only issue is that he turned it on when the season was pretty much a write off so my view hasn’t necessarily changed but I do have more appreciation for him because he gives his best every game.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He clearly reads this forum. Pretty sure the feedback from the staff and teammates are probably positive overall.

Red_toad

So Bruno wants a contract extension? I'm happy the club aren't rushing into it, as he'll be pushing 32 when his current deal ends and he's a high energy player, so who knows how his legs will be by then.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

"Bruno is very good"
:lol: my favourite one is "chances created isn't a legitimate stat".

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm going to miss him
He was brilliant.

Says he's going to stay as long as the club wants him.
He's leaving then.
Feels like it's that or he wants more money?
When players start talking like this it usually only means one thing. I don't think money comes into it.
Classic Caf :lol:

Says He wants to stay at the club and we get this

Andersons Dietician

I think that is one of the best performances I’ve seen from him. I really liked how he seemed to direct things. He was speaking to Amad, Amrabat, Garnacho through out the game actually leading them. Mainoo too. First time I’ve seen him act like a proper captain in a very long time. He was magnificent.

I say this as someone that feels like if the opportunity arises we should move him on, but last night, if he could do that week in week out then welcome to the new Red parade Bruno.

saivet

I dunno, I think I might have called it early :cool:
I don't mind if he stays or goes this summer but I don't think we should be handing him a new long term contract, not now anyway.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't mind if he stays or goes this summer but I don't think we should be handing him a new long term contract, not now anyway.
I'd be happy with 3 years. He has another strong couple of years left in the tank. No way we should be offering any 29 year old a 5 year contract.

Paul778

He's 29. We give him a new long term contract he will decline playing for us and we will have zero resale value.

I love Bruno but being sentimental means losing money and we have to get much more savvy in the market in general but especially now with our screwed FFP position.