2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rockets Redglare

The worst thing is he’s never ever dropped or subbed off, even before being given the arm band.

I would happily see him dropped next week and see how we get on with Mount in his position.

FerociousCorgis

He really does remind me of mkhitarian when he was here. Would play like shit but pop in with a random goal or assist that wouldn't tell the whole story

RedDevil250

Terrible, like he often is in a lot of matches. Not a leader or captain material either. Sigh.

E-mal

The worst thing is he’s never ever dropped or subbed off, even before being given the arm band.

I would happily see him dropped next week and see how we get on with Mount in his position.
He was pretty crap today. I would go on record and say we will never win any major trophy or championship with him in midfield. He is a streaky/ moments player and will not be part of a team that will dominate games.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He tries and he cares, I'll give him that but he's not good enough. Look at Madison, that's what we need from Bruno

kundalini

Horrible performance. Managed to waste a huge chance with a shocking header that was both wide and too high. After that just fell to pieces, attempting to find Rashford surrounded by several Spurs defenders.

gaffs

We will never control games consistently with Bruno in the team.

He forces the ball into areas every time he gets the chance. Sometimes it works, but overall, its a net negative to the team.

the_cliff

Been saying it for years. Bruno is not it.

He'll get some assists next game though and everyone will forget about it. Bruno is a mess, so inconsistent, in a single game he can look like a Zidane then look like a Sunday league player 5 minutes later....

And people wonder why we're so inconsistent.

Baneofthegame

Feel like he goes to shit and loses all composure when we are struggling, so many simple passes ignored or messed up, shocking second half.

Someone

Something
He's mentally very week and the first to crumble when we're chasing a game. Top players don't drop to this level like him at all. I've watched United for decades and I don't remember we ever had a player like him capable of playing great then absolute garbage. I feel the same about Rashford, their lack of consistency and the incredible low ceiling they have is shocking for players who're supposed to be the best on our team. Making him a captain was a huge mistake as well. His head is the first to drop every single time.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Utter shite yet again

Slow, weak, petulant, and thinks a 50 yard balls the answer to everything

Abysmal

Wheato

That must've been his worst game ever. And I include Anfield from last season in that statement.

He must've given the ball away at least 30 times. And we're not talking 30 yard passes with the outside of his foot. 5 yard passes to someone in a red shirt, and he gave it away every single time.

It was like he was being controlled by a voodoo doll in Daniel Levy's underground bunker.

At one point I was shouting at them not to pass it to him.

Rusty doesn't come close to summing up that performance. Punch drunk, and hanging onto the ropes for most of the second half.

Just wait until we play anyone decent.

philippexyz

My favorite thread on this forum is "We're never going to win the title with Bruno Fernandes in the team" written by user @Rozay. It's a pity thread got locked up. Everything @Rozay said was absolutely correct.

We lack dribbling, ball retention, press resistance, close control, ball retaining ability in our midfield and having Bruno Fernandes in the team is one of the main reasons for it. He brings chaos, instability, football which is unsustainable at the top level.

Until we form a midfield with players who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and have no problem keeping it(dribbling), and not treat it like hot potato(like Bruno does), we're not going anywhere.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Was quite possibly the worst player on the pitch today. Lost countless balls, missed a complete sitter, no quality passes, kept moaning. We are in big trouble if this continues.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Been saying it for years. Bruno is not it.

He'll get some assists next game though and everyone will forget about it. Bruno is a mess, so inconsistent, in a single game he can look like a Zidane then look like a Sunday league player 5 minutes later....

And people wonder why we're so inconsistent.
It’s a DDG kind of thing, how his saves masked his overall contribution. His fans will point out his assists but ignore all the other things that hinder the team. It’ll be another two years before most see it

PSV

We need to get back to a formation where he plays strictly as a 10. Right now he's doing all the roles in the midfield and it's clearly too much for him. If we'd signed that midfielder we were screaming about going into the summer he could actually have flourished.

Dominos

Has there ever been a player with worse ball retention. Every time he gets the ball I'm preparing for an opposition counter attack because I know he's going to lose it.

Winrar

Someone brought this up in another thread, but is it a coincidence that Bruno played in virtually all of the hammerings that we've been in the end of in the past 4 years or so?

El Jefe

We will never win the league with him as a starter

The epitome of individual hit and hope football
@Rozay told them but they tried to silence him.

Some of us figured this out three years ago now. We've gone as far as we can with him as our 'leader'.

Zoo

He has to finish that header. Bruno of season one would have. He knows it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I reckon he is not half as effective as he was when he started playing for us? He's missed so many sitters in last 7-8 months or so.

Walters_19_MuFc

ten Hag needs to drop him back into the deeper position, where he arguably put in his best performances last season for us. Much more composed there, and isn't obliged to make every pass a through ball.

RuudTom83

He is such a sore loser…not the best character when you need a calm head on the pitch.

zaafi

Utter shit. It was the same last season. He is extremely good at creating chances, but the rest of his game is just not good enough to be a top midfielder. You have some posters calling him world class, and posting stats that show him having most goals + assists for a midfielder for the last years, but they don't mention that 20 of those goals are penalties. 8 assists in PL last season. 6 before that. The thread "We will never win the PL with Bruno Fernandes" is as valid as it gets, and I've no idea why that poster got mocked. There is a reason that City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munchen or Barcelona have never been interested in him, despite, according to some posters on here, he's one of the world's best midfielders.

He provides chaos and is a moments player. Very unreliable and showed today giving him the armband was a mistake.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Even better his fanboys will be in shortly to tell us how many tackles he won and how it’s casimeros fault…then when he puts in his pro-rata 1 good game in 10 we will be told how he’s having a great season.

Abysmal as usual. His good games few and far between since his first six months. I’ve forgotten how the world was back then. Face masks etc but Bruno’s still living off that time.
Missing that fecking header cost us as much as his shite performance did.
He missed a free header at Anfield last season, when the game was 0-0.
He missed an open chance in Emirates when the game was 2-2 I think.
He missed a open goal against Boro and wolves 1 year ago.

Last season he had stinkers against Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle to name a few.
This season already he has 2 stinkers.

When we will move away from him is when we will start to play modern football. All this confusion is being caused by being a transition team which 9 players are not comfortable in. Rashford on the wing as a transition player is not badly off like a midfielder who can't pass, dribble, run with the ball, or be press resistant.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
@Rozay told them but they tried to silence him.

Some of us figured this out three years ago now. We've gone as far as we can with him as our 'leader'.
I was just a Bruno-hating Pogba apologist or something.

Ludens the Red

If Maguire put in these performances as captain he’d be hung out to dry. Utterly disgraceful these last two weeks.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He missed a free header at Anfield last season, when the game was 0-0.
He missed an open chance in Emirates when the game was 2-2 I think.
He missed a open goal against Boro and wolves 1 year ago.

Last season he had stinkers against Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle to name a few.
This season already he has 2 stinkers.

When we will move away from him is when we will start to play modern football. All this confusion is being caused by being a transition team which 9 players are not comfortable in. Rashford on the wing as a transition player is not badly off like a midfielder who can't pass, dribble, run with the ball, or be press resistant.
You would have hoped that going to get Ajax’ manager would have been the start of that, but he’s a false prophet too looking for shortcuts by trying to create a ‘transition’ side.

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Huge Bruno fan but outside of the rabona that was the worst game I’ve seen him play for United or Sporting. Should’ve been yanked before Rashford

Lecland07

Why does he become a long-ball spammer as soon as we come under any pressure? He becomes terrible as soon as any pressure is applied and tries to force everything. He becomes a complete liability so easily.

saik

No possession based football when him and Rashford are in the team. They can only play counter attacking football.

2nd half Bruno just lost it and was trying to ping balls to Rashford everytime. And Rashford can only play when he has ample amount of space to operate. Both are fecking infuriating but are supposedly our best players. I don't know what do we do with them. Games like these happen frequently every season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why does he become a long-ball spammer as soon as we come under any pressure? He becomes terrible as soon as any pressure is applied and tries to force everything. He becomes a complete liability so easily.
How long have you watched him? What is it that you expect him to do ‘under pressure’ that he has EVER shown the capability to execute?