View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Someone brought this up in another thread, but is it a coincidence that Bruno played in virtually all of the hammerings that we've been in the end of in the past 4 years or so?
I said it, from February last season to date. Said it even today.

He's the cause to all our unbalance poor midfield structure. He's not a midfielder nor a striker.
Hes the cause of confusion. We need to bin in off, then develop a team that plays football that can win 30 games in a 38 game season.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I think he had a good first half and he could have capped it off with either an assist or a goal. He was helping AWB and Antony with the build-up (something that he completely neglected in the Wolves game) and then he was drifting inward to pick his moments. After we conceded, he (and the rest of the team with him) lost the plot. But i agreed with Rozay when he made that thread. Someday and some way United fans will realize how difficult it is, despite the productivity, to build a whole team around a player with his characteristics.

Lecland07

How long have you watched him? What is it that you expect him to do ‘under pressure’ that he has EVER shown the capability to execute?
I have watched him the whole time and he is capable of playing another way. He can choose to not copy and paste the same long ball that hasn't worked on numerous occasions. He can just pass the ball around normally like he did in the first half.

Spamming the same long ball to Rashford is just sheer stupidity. At least try a different pass.

BlahRules

He typifies the way this team plays: can't do the basics and only looking for the moment of magic. The amount I hear from these players about being patient they never attempt to build up play.

UnitedRepublic

Not fast enough to be a striker or technical same goes for the wing. Haven’t got the skillset or the disciplin to play as a CM so he ended up as a 10 but he lacks something all good 10s have and that is dribbling ability and great close controll.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I have watched him the whole time and he is capable of playing another way. He can choose to not copy and paste the same long ball that hasn't worked on numerous occasions. He can just pass the ball around normally like he did in the first half.

Spamming the same long ball to Rashford is just sheer stupidity. At least try a different pass.
He can pass the ball around normally but you mentioned under pressure. That, he cannot.

Winrar

I said it, from February last season to date. Said it even today.

He's the cause to all our unbalance poor midfield structure. He's not a midfielder nor a striker.
Hes the cause of confusion. We need to bin in off, then develop a team that plays football that can win 30 games in a 38 game season.
Bruno's chief problem to me is that he gives away the ball too frequently and often into dangerous positions for opponents when put under pressure. Sure, he has his moments of brilliance, even today, but perhaps it can explain as a factor to why we're conceding so many chances (and goals in certain circumstances)

I've memory holed most of the thrashings we've been given in the past couple years so I could be wrong though.

AFC NimbleThumb

You don’t move Bruno to accommodate Mount. He’s being woefully mismanaged imo. We may aswell ride his historical output because we aren’t some cohesive team stifling him.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Bruno's chief problem to me is that he gives away the ball too frequently and often into dangerous positions for opponents when put under pressure. Sure, he has his moments of brilliance, even today, but perhaps it can explain as a factor to why we're conceding so many chances (and goals in certain circumstances)

I've memory holed most of the thrashings we've been given in the past couple years so I could be wrong though.
Let me remind some of thrashings... Over 4(+) goals.

Manchester United 2: 4 Liverpool
Leicester City 4: 2 Manchester United
Watford 4: 1 Manchester United
Manchester United 0: 5 Liverpool
Manchester United 1: 6 Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool 4: 0 Manchester United
Liverpool 7: 0 Manchester United
Manchester City 6: 3 Manchester United
Brentford 4: 0 Manchester United

Have I left some thrashing? Can't remember off head.

Who has been present in all this thrashing? Bruno. All this have happened in the last 3 years.
Before him, Mourinho only lost once with 4 goals.

How people don't see he's the cause of the inbalance and poor structure is a mystery. But even ETH doesn't see it. So it's a cancer to the club.

hobbers

We will never win major titles or get anywhere close while he starts. Has to be repeated every defeat he stars in until everyone gets the message

Jacob

Only reason he gets carte blanche to loose the ball constantly is because there is no other creativity in the team except for him.

Big Ray

To think some are arguing his case over Odegaard!! :lol: He is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen for ball retention and this team has many of those. The way this squad currently stands, we should concentrate on counter attacking football as we are light years from bossing games like city and arsenal.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why does he become a long-ball spammer as soon as we come under any pressure? He becomes terrible as soon as any pressure is applied and tries to force everything. He becomes a complete liability so easily.
Because he’s slow and weak and flat footed. The only thing he can do when under pressure is to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Sometimes he can hit beautiful passes. A lot of the time he doesn’t, but a 10% hit rate for a Hail Mary ball is better than a 0% hit rate for trying to hold off or beat his man. It’s not really that he’s making poor choices. He just has very few choices with the limitations he has.

Robbie Boy

When the chips are down; he's petulant, impulsive, rash and wasteful. He's a problem, a big one at that.

chocolate cloud

Why can't we ever drop him? I remember Carrick did vs Villarreal away. We can never ever play a different setup because we always accommodate him. It's infuriating. I'd love to see us play 3 central midfielders and screw this 4141/4231 crap

Winrar

Let me remind some of thrashings... Over 4(+) goals.

Manchester United 2: 4 Liverpool
Leicester City 4: 2 Manchester United
Watford 4: 1 Manchester United
Manchester United 0: 5 Liverpool
Manchester United 1: 6 Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool 4: 0 Manchester United
Liverpool 7: 0 Manchester United
Manchester City 6: 3 Manchester United
Brentford 4: 0 Manchester United

Have I left some thrashing? Can't remember off head.

Who has been present in all this thrashing? Bruno. All this have happened in the last 3 years.
Before him, Mourinho only lost once with 4 goals.

How people don't see he's the cause of the inbalance and poor structure is a mystery. But even ETH doesn't see it. So it's a cancer to the club.
Had a niggling feeling that making Bruno captain was gonna backfire. Given current trajectory, I think we're in for a few more thrashings this season.

We were dreadful against Villa and Newcastle away as well, even though they weren't strictly 4+ goal thrashings.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We will never win major titles or get anywhere close while he starts. Has to be repeated every defeat he stars in until everyone gets the message
Over to you guys, I’ve done my bit on that front.

hobbers

Arteta and Pep would have Bruno shipped to Saudi before he’d even have time to lose the ball again

jem

Had a niggling feeling that making Bruno captain was gonna backfire. Given current trajectory, I think we're in for a few more thrashings this season.
I question it as well. I think Varane would've been a better choice.

JB7

Someone brought this up in another thread, but is it a coincidence that Bruno played in virtually all of the hammerings that we've been in the end of in the past 4 years or so?
No not really given he’s played in pretty much every game over the past 4 years.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Maddison taught him a lesson in footballing basics today. Just getting the ball, passing it to a teammate, in a range of circumstances, over and over again. Never making the wrong choice of pass, and being difficult to dispossess. I’ve been crying this since about 8 games into Bruno’s time here, and will continue to do so until he’s gone. That said, I don’t trust Ten Hag to go out and get the right profile to replace anyway, as there is little/no indication that these are principles that he places any value in. The last thing I want is having seen this type of play for years, Bruno then gets replaced by a 24 year old version of himself.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maddison taught him a lesson in footballing basics today. Just getting the ball, passing it to a teammate, in a range of circumstances, over and over again. Never making the wrong choice of pass, and being difficult to dispossess. I’ve been crying this since about 8 games into Bruno’s time here, and will continue to do so until he’s gone. That said, I don’t trust Ten Hag to go out and get the right profile to replace anyway, as there is little/no indication that these are principles that he places any value in. The last thing I want is having seen this type of play for years, Bruno then gets replaced by a 24 year old version of himself.
Ive said many times we should have signed him.

klayton88

Has he done any post match interviews or has it all been Onana? He's a shitbag.

SungSam7

I question it as well. I think Varane would've been a better choice.
His injury record would have been a reason for the decision. No point having a captain that could get injured at any moment. Bruno on the other hand rarely misses a game. But the overreaction on the thread is ridiculous. All will be forgotten in a few weeks.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That second half was so shit, you almost forget he his ridiculous header for that sitter in the first half...

Almost.

hp88

Being captain of Manchester United seems to be some kind of curse, turns a half decent player into absolute shite overnight,

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The scouts who said not to sign him because of his erratic passing should have been listened to a lot more