View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Me: 'Hey Google, why does Bruno have so many chances created but so few assists to his name?'

Google:
That's a brutal watch. Is that from this season alone?! There are at least 20 unconverted chances in there, with 7 of them being big chances. 4 of them were practically served on a platter.

I think there are several chances missing from the compilation, but I don't expect an uncredited amateur to have the resources to record everything.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Me: 'Hey Google, why does Bruno have so many chances created but so few assists to his name?'

Google:
Because he takes corners and free kicks is my take from that video. Of the 22 chances in the video I counted 10 from corners or free kicks, which typically have very low conversion rates anyway. Also that he takes penalties helps his stats as 50% of his goals are from them.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That's a brutal watch. Is that from this season alone?! There are at least 20 unconverted chances in there, with 7 of them being big chances. 4 of them were practically served on a platter.

I think there are several chances missing from the compilation, but I don't blame an uncredited amateur to have the resources to record everything.
Some woeful misses there. And a good few from set pieces/corners, which goes against the narrative that he’s absolutely diabolical over a dead ball and must be relieved of those duties immediately! In terms of scoring headers, we surely have the most incompetent bunch of attackers in the league? Insane how few we’ve scored over the season so far. With a conversion rate anywhere near the best teams around he’d probably be in double digits for assists already. At least Casemiro is back. The only United player who poses a threat in the air, it seems.

Last edited:

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Some woeful misses there. And a good few from set pieces/corners, which goes against the narrative that he’s absolutely diabolical over a dead ball and must be relieved of those duties immediately! In terms of scoring headers, we surely have the most incompetent bunch of attackers in the league? Insane how few we’ve scored over the season so far. With a conversion rate anywhere near the best teams around he’d probably be in double digits for assists already. At least Casemiro is back. The only United player who poses a threat in the air, it seems.
10 chances….how many has he taken in total. 10% could be decent. What about the other 90%

dan1509

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...r-calls-him-a-great-talent-not-a-great-player

Spot on analysis of the mayhem Bruno creates from Neville, Keane, Carragher and how he holds back a team.
Yup, he honestly reminds me of Coutinho, who looked exactly like Bruno at liverpool...."carrying them". Then when he left for better teams where he was not allowed to run the show solo, he failed hard. I feel the same would happen to bruno if he left for Madrid, Bayern or Barca. Meanwhile, Liverpool became a better team for it as well

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yup, he honestly reminds me of Coutinho, who looked exactly like Bruno at liverpool...."carrying them". Then when he left for better teams where he was not allowed to run the show solo, he failed hard. I feel the same would happen to bruno if he left for Madrid, Bayern or Barca. Meanwhile, Liverpool became a better team for it as well
Bruno gets cut a lot of slack at United due to the considered poor quality of his teammates (Martinez Varane Shaw Casemiro Mainoo Rashford Hojlund Garnacho) but they aren’t responsible for a poor pass on repeat. He would have to massively improve his performances on a regular basis…. It he would have the added problem as you say of not being able to run the show solo.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The first 20 minutes he was really good. Went back to usual sort of Fernandes after that

Irwin99

Thought he played well. Will probably get into double figures with goals again and play over 40 games. Whatever you think about him and his role in the team, he's a pro.

neon_badger

He will definitely benefit if Casemiro and most importantly Martinez stay fit, along with Mainoo growing in confidence, he'll be able to do more by doing less if that makes sense. He needs to look for better options when we're defending a lead, hopefully turning to Casemiro/Martinez/Mainoo instead of going for the spectacular.

Lyng

He played well, even though his finishes on Rasmus two lay ups where a bit rubish. overall he played well though and was good to see he gave Alejandro a good bollocking for being to selfish.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He played well, even though his finishes on Rasmus two lay ups where a bit rubish. overall he played well though and was good to see he gave Alejandro a good bollocking for being to selfish.
One of them was superbly blocked, so we’ll never know how good or bad a finish it was.

EDIT: Forgot one. My bad. Yes, two not very good finishes. Although he did at least hit the target both times.

Last edited:

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
For the missed chance (not the blocked one) I think he was trying to side-foot it up in the right corner, but he couldn't twist his body in time.

I think he should go for low shots with power more often (like he did for the goal). Lower margin for error and it's harder for the goalkeeper to make a controlled save. Ødegaard seems to excel at those low finishes from that position.

Last edited:

Lyng

One of them was superbly blocked, so we’ll never know how good or bad a finish it was.

EDIT: Forgot one. My bad. Yes, two not very good finishes. Although he did at least hit the target both times.
Yeah but again still played a good game and him and Rasmus find each other more and more. Overall Bruno was probably my Motm

Based Adnan

His ability to feck up the most basic things is infuriating

I'm sure this game will do well for him stats wise though

Someone

Something
He's an enigma at this point. Great pass then a Sunday league one. Really kills our game a lot with his erratic passing. He works his socks off though, but man we need much better from him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d really have liked to see Amad in his position during that period from like the 45th min to the 60th min. Shame it’ll never happen.

Malone_Post

He’s never going to be the player some want (and think) he is. Far too erratic and inconsistent. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous in the space of seconds. You can’t build around that. He’s a kamikaze player who suits a kamikaze team. Any hope of becoming a consistent team who control football matches on a regular basis hinges on Bruno being moved on.

Marwood

Few guys here way off. He messed up a couple of what could have been big moments but equally did some really good things. Just his finishing again really.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Excellent in the build up, but zero end product (apart from the corner assist of course). We could have scored 3-4 more goals if the finish or final pass was on point from Bruno. He must be kicking himself.

matsdf

I feel bad for being so critical and angry on a day we win. But I would be so increadibly happy if he never played for us again. I think he is by far our biggest problem at the moment (some of the other problems we have are at least benched once in a while).

Roboc7

He’s so erratic, I like Bruno but do think it is time to move on from him if there is any market for selling him.

the hea

The way he plays reminds me of Stevie Me, always looking for the Hollywood ball or scoring himself. It makes for a great Youtube reel at the end of the season but it's not the greatest if you want to bulid a consistantly winning team.