View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

dubplate warrior

Bruno is not the problem.

He was absolutely masterclass when he played higher up the pitch.I remember him keeping the ball a lot better under Ole and using it better as well.

This Ten haag ball needs to stop, that just nerfs our best chance creator. Bruno is a 10 play him like a 10, casemainoo or whoever plays the dm both need to hold since our fullbacks also dart forward to create the overload.
He is absolutely a problem and shouldn't be here long term. He's a net negative and is always just being propped up by stats.

Red00012

He came over to take a corner and he was half limping over to take it. It ended up he overplayed a pass to Lindelof which went out of play and lead to the goal. My captain should always play no matter what

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Now that the goals and assists have dried up, he's been useless for the majority of this season

SAFMUTD

He's on the worst form of his career with us, all that high risk high reward stuff seems like high risk very little reward at the moment.

Thing is we have absolutely no standards he'll keep playing every game. If we can get Arab money for him in the summer now's the time.

Classnordic

The two players ETH or the club´s leadership decided to build the team around, is the two players that´s stinking up the place the most this season.
Everyone who has watched United and Rashford in particular knows Rashford can´t be trusted to consistently perform.
Bruno is 29 years old. United won´t compete for top honors for atleast 2-3 years. IF everythings goes well in terms of recruiting.
Why was this transitional playstyle favoured. Why bring in ETH, when you dont want to play to his strengths?

dan1509

Must say im finding the "hes in bad form" comments hilarious. This is how he always plays. If one of his 700 through balls today worked out and he got an assist, people would be banging on about how he is carrying the team.

Anyone else reminded of Gerrard? Constant hero ball, teammates blamed for lack of trophies etc

Last edited:

RuudTom83

I look at the trio of Bruno, Casemiro and Rashford as the main first team experienced players. (Attacking wise)

But none of them have had a good season and it’s glaringly obvious, but the younger players can’t cover for them every week.

Could do with rotating but his understudy Mount hasn’t kicked a ball all season either.

miliebrowndivorceattorney

Mctominay, 12 starts. 11 subs. 8 goals.

Bruno, 25 starts. Edit: 3 goals.

I can see why people think the United midfield is too light and its not to do with Ten Hag. Bruno is stealing a living.

Last edited:

Maclooch

He’s a detriment to team success now. With the Euros this summer, he won’t get any rest either, so I’d be fine if he’s sold.

ItDoesntEvenMata

He's becoming an absolute hindrance for us at the moment.

If he were in poor form but just lurked in the shadows like McTominay, it would be fine really but it's so glaringly obvious how much he hinders us when he's spamming the ball to the other team and constantly whining at the ref and his own teammates.

It says a lot about him currently too that he's been absolutely peripheral in the short-lived purple patch of form (which was still painful to watch) that we've had.

I'd love to sell him to Saudi or similar in the summer. Unless a new manager can find a way of coaching some control and composure into him as a very good squad player

SAFMUTD

I know he's in an awful form at the moment, but the fact that he gets moved to the right side where he has almost no impact is a mystery to me. His quality is his creativity, ten Hag very often moves him to the right wing where its harder for him to pick up a pass and he's exposed by his lack of pace it's plain stupid.

If you want someone to take Bruno's place then sub him, but it's like he has to always play even if that means moving him completely out of position.

jesperjaap

Now that the goals and assists have dried up, he's been useless for the majority of this season
This sums his whole time up here for me minus the first 6-8months. Take away the work rate which is first class if not intelligent postitionally, take away the goals and assists and he offers little on the ball.

I genuinely think he is one of the most wasteful players i have seen in the shirt. If he was playing in the side 20years ago before all these stats were logged, he wouldnt be anywhere near as popular.

So many of these possesion stats have to be loaded. As for 70% of the games I watch, he gives the ball away 50% of the time, the actual quality of his defence splittig passes isnt even very good, so often over or under weighted, over ambitous.

I am beig super harsh, I don think he is a bad player but 100% for me he isnt captain material, nor is he expendible, given his age and probably decent transfer value with all of the above, I would be selling him in the summer for sure. We havent got our midfield right for seaso upon season, even Ferguson struggled at the end and ETH has failed massively so far, the Mount signing for example still baffles me. We only have one midfielder in this squad who should be here next season.....and he came through our youth ranks

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pereira was actually decent when used at #10 that season (not great or anything, but decent). It was when Ole dropped him back into central midfield again that he was terrible. Was easily better than Bruno today in that role as well.

Bruno just seems to be getting worse and worse every season that passes by.
I think you're a very knowledgeable poster and agree with the majority of your posts but I have to disagree here. I'm not focusing on his lacklustre stats that year - only his general play - and, to me, he was a problem. It felt like the stage was too big for him and he shrunk into his shell. He worked hard but, in possession, was very timid in fear of making a mistake. It was a complete contrast to the player I was keeping up with at Granada, and occasionally see for Fulham now. Before Bruno joined and Pogba's return that season, our attack was just Rashford and Martial (with Greenwood coming in at times), and if one missed games the other would struggle, too, because no one else stepped up.

I do agree that he was much better as a 10 than as a CM for us, though.

Superunknown

Hasn't scored a league goal since 4th November. Ironically, that was against Fulham away. He has as many yellow cards as he does goals and assists combined. We should be relying on him to pull up or carry the others, but it's closer to the other way around at times. Everyone has to improve, including him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Needs moving on in summer, his performances are shocking.

BeltUp

Supports
United
Been cack for ages now. He was great during lockdown but has been on the decline ever since. Can't assist or score any longer so what is the point of him?

croadyman

He's so lucky there is probably 6/7 players that need to go before him. Unfortunately we aren't gonna axe 8 in one summer window so will get another season

Oscar Bonavena

Is there a clause in Bruno's contract saying he can't get subbed off no matter how shit he's playing?

Number 10 is the only position he can play and even then he haemorrhages possession. But on the right he's close to useless. Sick of ETH shunting him over there instead of having the balls to take him off.

TempusFugit

Need to start seriously thinking about replacing him as a starter next season. If he's still starting for us by the time next season is almost over, that will be a clear indicator that we're going nowhere. He's on the decline physically and his decision making is getting more erratic. If we had a player who can shield and carry the ball in his position we'd play much better football even with less creativity.

Some fans don't understand just how easy it is for opposition players to sit off him and wait for him to try the inevitable long ball over the top. He does it about 8 times out of 10. Even through balls/defence splitting passes he used to get bang on are becoming a rarity recently. We have to no one to sub him with so he'll play every game till the season ends.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Tried to volley one ball coming to him on the right side to start the counter. The ball was too high, he wasn't in the position to volley it or pass it the first time and he was with his back receiving it. He still tried to smash it and just add another wave of attack on our defence.

What bollocking for Keane would he receive. Not because Keane is some hard man, but because that is stuff you don't do as a midfielder.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Must say im finding the "hes in bad form" comments hilarious. This is how he always plays. If one of his 700 through balls today worked out and he got an assist, people would be banging on about how he is carrying the team.

Anyone else reminded of Gerrard? Constant hero ball, teammates blamed for lack of trophies etc
At least Gerrard carried some teams to trophies and performed in huge games…

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Felt like he completely lost his cool in the final 20 minutes. Just shot on sight from 30 yards at every opportunity, which isn’t exactly the optimal way to score a goal.

Bondi77

Passes are overhit or under hit these days and that is with his better foot and then there is his hit and hope pass in the direction he is not looking and then we have the ones he hits with his weaker foot which more often than not go straight to the opposition.
He really needs to refocus on what he is doing and refine his game.

miliebrowndivorceattorney

Bruno Fernandes is one of the highest paid players in the premier league. if I believe this stat, he is at number 19 with 250.000 pounds per week

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/2023/08/09/premier-league-top-salaries-202324/

Yet his performances rank him 57th! 25 played, 3 goals, 5 assists. McTominay, 12 started, 11 subs, has 7 goals.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/scorerliste/wettbewerb/GB1

This guy supposed to step up, especially with so many other starting players injured.

Ive seen him play today, wasting 8 or 9 edge of the box positions and shots, tailor made for a number 10.

We can blame Ten Hag and he should bare some, but United has problems much deeper and Bruno is one of them. I mean, its not like he has Luton, Sheffield or Leicester type of players around him, or plays a hugely defensive setup. He gets plenty in his normal position but doesnt deliver.

Last edited:

Woziak

Felt like he completely lost his cool in the final 20 minutes. Just shot on sight from 30 yards at every opportunity, which isn’t exactly the optimal way to score a goal.
Should never have been given the captaincy, seriously we must sell 3 from these 4 this summer ; Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and Varane(Will go on a free) so 2 from the other 3 need to go at least.

Withnail

Pretty much. Once he's not scoring or assisting he's just a liability. You put up with the positional indiscipline if he's delivering on the attacking front but it seems like he's past his best now and is isn't effective at all. This is despite his supposed chance creation stats which seem deeply flawed given what we've witnessed this season.

croadyman

Yep just like he always does when facing adversity

croadyman

Should never have been given the captaincy, seriously we must sell 3 from these 4 this summer ; Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro and Varane(Will go on a free) so 2 from the other 3 need to go at least.
Oh I wish we could boot the lot of them

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I understand the frustration with Bruno's form lately - and he was poor today, but what ever happened to loyalty? People saying he should be sold quickly forget that he had 29 goal contributions last season and was massive for us getting top 4 and a trophy. In my book, he has been excellent for us for long enough to have earned some patience.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think you're a very knowledgeable poster and agree with the majority of your posts but I have to disagree here. I'm not focusing on his lacklustre stats that year - only his general play - and, to me, he was a problem. It felt like the stage was too big for him and he shrunk into his shell. He worked hard but, in possession, was very timid in fear of making a mistake. It was a complete contrast to the player I was keeping up with at Granada, and occasionally see for Fulham now. Before Bruno joined and Pogba's return that season, our attack was just Rashford and Martial (with Greenwood coming in at times), and if one missed games the other would struggle, too, because no one else stepped up.

I do agree that he was much better as a 10 than as a CM for us, though.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he was good either. Certainly wasn't at a level where he should have been a starter. But I think he was a decent level for a backup player, so saying he was terrible is harsh. While he wasn't adding much to the attack, it was noticeable that the team as a whole played better when he was in there. I remember looking into it at one point and (pre-Bruno joining) it was ridiculous how much better our results were with Pereira in a more attacking role than with Lingard or Mata. From memory, when he played at #10 our points per game was something like 2.2, when he played right wing they were 1.9, and when he either played in central midfield or didn't play at all it was just 1.2.

Obviously it was fairly small sample sizes, and it's also showed how bad both Lingard and Mata were that season (they were both so bad I'm not sure if 'terrible' does justice to it), but Andreas was easily our best option in that position before we signed Bruno. Ole dropping him down the pecking order behind both Lingard and Mata despite him easily outperforming them is one of the stranger decisions he made here.

Last edited:

Varun

Staff
Tried to volley one ball coming to him on the right side to start the counter. The ball was too high, he wasn't in the position to volley it or pass it the first time and he was with his back receiving it. He still tried to smash it and just add another wave of attack on our defence.

What bollocking for Keane would he receive. Not because Keane is some hard man, but because that is stuff you don't do as a midfielder.
Remember that. Absolutely comical. Trying to fire a first time ball to the front 3 is so ingrained in him that he tried it even though he was completely off balance. Taking a touch to keep the ball or pass it 5 yards for once? We don't do that here.

SlothIsLove

This match shows that he is not good at pressing like many posters claim. In fact, I think he's really bad at it. Many times yesterday he just mindlessly charged toward the ball carrier, left his man wide open and also a huge gap in our midfield, so when they (inevitably) beat our pathetic pressing, we were in big trouble.
Running a lot doesn't mean you are good at pressing. You would need to have a good football IQ to lead the press, or have the discipline to follow the lead. He has neither of them.