View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Leonzo1

15 goals and 11 assists this season.
Directly responsible for 32% of our goals this season (80). The same percentage as Bellingham for Madrid and higher then Salah, Odegaard, Foden and Haaland for their respective clubs. And yet somehow he is being slated on this forum after every misplaced pass. The reality is that we have been a complete shitshow for over a decade and he is literally the only player that preforms on an even remotely consistent basis.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I keep saying this, but we'd be terrible without him. We're not like other teams that overwhelm teams as a unit, we rely on the brilliance of mainly Bruno. Our whole gameplan is to give him the ball and hope he thinks up of something.

I get the issues with his lax play at times, but until the time comes that we move away from this football and have a team that is better as a unit and dominates possession, then we simply can't afford to lose him.

NZT-One

I'd say that you saying that people that bash other people are morons by your own logic makes you...

Bruno was excellent today, enjoy it and ungrit those teeth.
1st sentence: I agree with you. But I am sure you know about the subjunctive (and yes, I had to look up how it is called in english)
2nd sentence: Teeth are ungritted. I think since February I don't expect anything anymore.

As far as I'm aware, he's created the most chances in the league this season.
Which sounds great until you see that 13 10 teams in the league scored more than us (based on understat) and 12 10 teams have a better xG. Including Everton, Brentford and Bournemouth. Wonder what kind of voodoo they execute to be more productive as a team without such a wonderful player in their team.

edited the numbers as todays result are now entered into understat

Last edited:

Raven

1st sentence: I agree with you. But I am sure you know about the subjunctive (and yes, I had to look up how it is called in english)
2nd sentence: Teeth are ungritted. I think since February I don't expect anything anymore.

Which sounds great until you see that 13 teams in the league scored more than us (based on understat which doesn't have the game from today involved) and 12 teams have a better xG. Including Everton, Brentford and Bournemoth. Wonder what kind of voodoo they execute to be more productive as a team without such a wonderful player in their team.
Having better managers helps quite a lot. Having an actual footballing structure doesn't hurt either.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Which sounds great until you see that 13 teams in the league scored more than us (based on understat which doesn't have the game from today involved) and 12 teams have a better xG. Including Everton, Brentford and Bournemoth. Wonder what kind of voodoo they execute to be more productive as a team without such a wonderful player in their team.
Are you taking the piss with your final question? Seriously. Have a word with yourself. Take one moment to think why we’re not scoring as many goals this season…. (Hint: compare our front three with those of the teams who’ve scored more)

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I keep saying this, but we'd be terrible without him. We're not like other teams that overwhelm teams as a unit, we rely on the brilliance of mainly Bruno. Our whole gameplan is to give him the ball and hope he thinks up of something.

I get the issues with his lax play at times, but until the time comes that we move away from this football and have a team that is better as a unit and dominates possession, then we simply can't afford to lose him.
Agree but we aspire to change

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
That what we saw tonight, it's absolutely nothing to get overly worked up about, it's how he should be playing every week. People are so starved of quality performances they'll make it out like it was something extra special. It wasn't, honestly that overall performance is the minimum we should expect, the goals and assists are the cherries on the cake.
Come on. That’s absolute nonsense. What we saw tonight was an excellent player extremely close to the peak of his game. And no player performs extremely close to the peak of his game every single match, whether they’re good, bad or indifferent. Never mind playing better than that every match, which is your expectation when you call that the “ minimum”. So you can’t set the bar that high. if you are then you’re setting him up to fail. Which says more about you than the footballer.

NZT-One

Are you taking the piss with your final question? Seriously. Have a word with yourself. Take one moment to think why we’re not scoring as many goals this season…. (Hint: compare our front three with those of the teams who’ve scored more)
Would do. But who has that much time to spare. Fulham scored one less. Brentford two more. Westham 4 more. Bournemouth 1 less. Luton 3 less. Should we talk about their front threes?

Again - nobody says that Bruno isn't a very special player. But some of his individual stats seem a little hollow to me, or at least they feel as if they are trying to tell a different story than I see. If stats mean more to other people, fair enough. As a team, our output isn't great. And Bruno is also part of that team. Even though the admittedly is one of those players who at least have some output to show for.

BorisManUtd

We're not always happy with him but can agree he's been our best player in post-Fergie era (not including De Gea as a GK).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Would do. But who has that much time to spare. Fulham scored one less. Brentford two more. Westham 4 more. Bournemouth 1 less. Luton 3 less. Should we talk about their front threes?

Again - nobody says that Bruno isn't a very special player. But some of his individual stats seem a little hollow to me, or at least they feel as if they are trying to tell a different story than I see. If stats mean more to other people, fair enough. As a team, our output isn't great. And Bruno is also part of that team. Even though the admittedly is one of those players who at least have some output to show for.
I said look at the teams who’ve scored more, not less. You seriously need to take a while to think about who Brentford and West Ham have up front vs us? I mean, feck it, include Bournemouth if you want. The answer is still staring you in the face.

Alemar

2G+1A, majestic performance. His season tally of 15g+11a looks relatively decent as well

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In terrific form at the moment, pretty much carrying whatever we have going forward. Great again tonight.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
26 G/A with 6 games to go. Still the king of key passes and chance creation. Defensively great for an attacking midfielder. Fitness freak of nature. Model professional.

Player Of The Season for me. Not exactly tough competition, but he deserves it. Dalot a close second. Garnacho and Mainoo can also be proud, especially considering their age.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think what’s happened with Bruno this season is for a few reasons. There has been a hell of a lot of distractions around the club and I’m sure that is unsettling. You’re made the captain, a quiet family guy and the dressing room is like a horrible soap opera and nobody even knows who is going to be their boss in 6 months and if this was their last year here. Now things are looking to be stabilising and he’s happy and leading again. I think all through this awful spell of form he’s clearly been trying lead the younger lads all season but nothing has been coming off for them and Rashford who should be leading is playing like a corpse.

He had Fred bombing around sweeping up everything behind him and a much better version of Casemiro streaming in to Mainoo being easily our best midfielder and learning on the job. I think he’ll be an important player for us again next year and with a few smart signings and expected sales we will be comfortably top 2/3 again. We would never have won another CL under the glazers no matter who we signed or sold. I hope Bruno is supported in this new setup, he’s a top player.

Oranges038

Come on. That’s absolute nonsense. What we saw tonight was an excellent player extremely close to the peak of his game. And no player performs extremely close to the peak of his game every single match, whether they’re good, bad or indifferent. Never mind playing better than that every match, which is your expectation when you call that the “ minimum”. So you can’t set the bar that high. if you are then you’re setting him up to fail. Which says more about you than the footballer.
Don't see how it's nonsense. Firstly Sheffield Utd are bottom of the table and they are woeful.
Bruno gave a good performance, did a lot right, created some good chances and got 2 goals and an assist.

For me an attacking midfielder doing the basics, creating chances and scoring a couple of goals against the worst team in the league, should be the expectation not calling it a player playing at his peak. Working hard and doing the basics right, scoring goals and creating chances. He wasn't getting this level of praise when he was tearing Luxembourg or whoever it was apart for Portugal.

He had a good game, he's being playing well lately, but these performances are what should be expected from players of his quality in these types of games.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Don't see how it's nonsense. Firstly Sheffield Utd are bottom of the table and they are woeful.
Bruno gave a good performance, did a lot right, created some good chances and got 2 goals and an assist.

For me an attacking midfielder doing the basics, creating chances and scoring a couple of goals against the worst team in the league, should be the expectation not calling it a player playing at his peak. Working hard and doing the basics right, scoring goals and creating chances. He wasn't getting this level of praise when he was tearing Luxembourg or whoever it was apart for Portugal.

He had a good game, he's being playing well lately, but these performances are what should be expected from players of his quality in these types of games.
I disagree. Lots of great players don’t turn up and put 8 or 9 out of 10 performances every time they play against a poor team. That’s not the way football works. It’s also why successful teams need more than one attacking player capable of regularly (albeit not in every match) reaching the levels Bruno reached tonight. Which is what we’re desperately lacking. But whatever. There are much worse takes in this thread, so can’t be arsed going to war over this one.

Shimo

Great performance. When we went behind, he dropped into the quarterback role pretty much and sprayed some brilliant balls around. Great penalty and that second goal, what a strike with his left.

I know he gets a lot of crap for his petulance on the field but, off of it he is such a great leader and all about the team. When asked about his strike, he first was keen to call out all the help he got to create the space to have the opportunity to take the shot, then said won't take away from his own brilliance but, it was first about the team.

Asked about Wheatley, he admitted he was desperate to get him a goal on his debut, what it would not only mean for him but, how the club is viewed and that made him a bit erratic.

NZT-One

I said look at the teams who’ve scored more, not less. You seriously need to take a while to think about who Brentford and West Ham have up front vs us? I mean, feck it, include Bournemouth if you want. The answer is still staring you in the face.
Mate, I know what you are trying to bring across. I understand that those teams have strikers who have more output than our striker has. That is not my point though. Look back until the Ole days, even when we had strikers who were in form, xG showed that many teams were more productive in generating opportunities to score than we were. Some of those teams, especially visible with Brighton back in the day, did it without having one player in their team who would match Brunos individual stats. What does that mean? There are multiple ways to be productive and you don't need to have a player like Bruno in your team to be productive. Period. Even with Bruno onboard, this magnificient player, we were and are still lacking behind. That is the context in which some people see Bruno and some decided, that it is time to move on with the times, bring in collective play for a more stable chance creation output instead of wasting time trying to find a formula that relies on individual brilliance (which is nuts considering out squad). Does that mean, we have to get rid of Bruno? Not necessarily, we might as well try to incorporate him. Some think, he is suited for the football that would be played then. Some think, he wouldn't suit it. Nobody really knows, but many people confuse their opinion on that question for facts.

tomaldinho1

It didn’t take long for this thread to descend into chaos. At least we had a couple of pages of positivity after a good performance.

Baneofthegame

Great performance today, no complaints whatsoever, loved the fact he was clearly trying to get Wheatley a goal as well, thought about slotting him in before passing to Garnacho as it wasn’t on.

NZT-One

It didn’t take long for this thread to descend into chaos. At least we had a couple of pages of positivity after a good performance.
As if the general tone isn't overly positive. And deservedly so. No chaos in sight, just very few people who put the performance into context (too early for some others, I guess, but it is what it is. Nothing, what wouldn't happen after a bad game as well)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Hypocrite. For what it’s worth Bruno is in his best run of form since last April.

The Irish Connection

I like Bruno. Works hard for the team, is never injured and is a great creator.
But it would be nice if we could bench him sometimes when he’s having a stinker.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I disagree. Lots of great players don’t turn up and put 8 or 9 out of 10 performances every time they play against a poor team. That’s not the way football works. It’s also why successful teams need more than one attacking player capable of regularly (albeit not in every match) reaching the levels Bruno reached tonight. Which is what we’re desperately lacking. But whatever. There are much worse takes in this thread, so can’t be arsed going to war over this one.
:lol: Feck me. One great game and you’re banging on like it’s the rule and not the exception. You should apply this reasoning to more than one player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
26 G/A with 6 games to go. Still the king of key passes and chance creation. Defensively great for an attacking midfielder. Fitness freak of nature. Model professional.

Player Of The Season for me. Not exactly tough competition, but he deserves it. Dalot a close second. Garnacho and Mainoo can also be proud, especially considering their age.
:lol::lol::lol: Feck me. One great game and you’re here with player of the season.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That's Pogba numbers.

Like everyone else he was having a bad season, but unlike almost everyone else he's never stopped working hard and we've seen in the last couple of months he's hot form and looking like he's back to his best.

People acting like he's one of our biggest issues are deluded in my opinion.
You want to go there….?

Bruno

G/A 69 mins 13169 (17) G/A 195 mins

Pogba

G/A 62 mins 12334 (7) G/A 198 mins

Pogba from a deeper position on the pitch with a 10% better pass accuracy and more trophies, better team performances etc.

Teja

You could tell Bruno was really trying too! Was close on one occasion.
Yup I noticed that too.. he had a chance to shoot once for his hatrick and a chance to slip in Garnacho another time and chose to find Wheatley. Great guy.

didz

9 of those in the last 5 games as well. He's picking up steam for the cup final.

Raven

Nahh, he's doing great these last couple of months but was really bad before that. Dalot is definitely player of the season in my opinion, Bruno maybe 3rd or 4th. Overall probably our best player along with Shaw and Martinez (who don't seem to be able to keep fit for more than 2 minutes).

MattofManchester

Great goal and great awareness for the assist.

Running in the opposite direction with the ball bouncing and he still plays a perfect ball for Hojlund.

Found his form. But it's not sustainable to be heavily reliant on a single player's form. Others need to step up more.

Fallon d'Floor

I don't rate Bruno highly. He was having a poor season until April. 7 of his 15 goals this season have come in April.

However, he's been good to very good over the last few games.

He definitely pads his stats through penalties and punishing weaker opposition though.

Sheff' Utd - 2 goals & 2 assists
Forest - 1 goal & 2 assists
Everton - 1 goal & 1 assist
Coventry - 1 goal & 1 assist
Copenhagen - 1 goal
Burnley - 1 goal
Wigan - 1 goal
Newport - 1 goal

Blood Mage

Great player who has largely wasted his prime years here sadly. We should have made a bigger effort to surround him with better players.