Bruno Fernandes Out?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
A world class player would be full of interest from world class clubs across Europe. A terrible United team and there isn't an ounce of interest from any of the big clubs in Europe. So much for world class. He wouldn't get into any of the top teams across Europe.
Bruno is seriously under-rated here.

Rojofiam

Is he really World Class though even with loosest definition of world class it's hard to make a case for him .
What's your definition of world class? Because I can count on one hand the number of #10s better than him in the whole world

Rojofiam

Our only world class player and people want him out, :lol: Seriously feck off
Agreed 100%

Shows the stupidity of the fanbase

Not to mention that on top of his ability, he's a leader, he has characeer, and loves the club

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I hope he stays. He’s be at the very bottom of the list of people we should sell

gajender

What's your definition of world class? Because I can count on one hand the number of #10s better than him in the whole world
World Class for me would be the player that would get into most top teams starting Eleven and if not elevate them but would atleast help them maintain their current standards , Bruno is nowhere being that player .

saivet

If a big offer comes in we should consider it. Bruno has been a good signing but under the right set up he's replaceable. I don't think anyone will be able to replicate his productivity if we continue with chaos ball.

I don't think Bruno will want to move to Saudi anyone, so it would need a big European team to come in for him and I'm not sure who that team would be to be honest.

Barca - broke
Madrid - don't need him and would be deviating away from their transfer policy
PSG - maybe?
Bayern - Musiala

Maybe Juventus, Inter or Milan would take him but doubt they have the finances.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s class. In a better United side he’d be one of the most productive players in the world. He has his flaws, obviously, but there aren’t any players who are as decisive as he is who have their flaws focussed on as much as he does.

klayton88

Yes please. He probably could go to another top league but we are going to see players going to Saudi at younger ages while the money is on the table. I don't blame anybody 'throwing their career away' to go over to a nothing league to make stupid money even by footballer money standards.

Rojofiam

World Class for me would be the player that would get into most top teams starting Eleven and if not elevate them but would atleast help them maintain their current standards , Bruno is nowhere being that player .
Nonsense...by the way which players would elevate most top teams in your opinion?

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Selling him because he’s a “problem” would be silly. Selling him to cash in a high point and develop the team from the ground up through smart investments would be good business. We struggle with or without him and we’re not competing among the top anytime soon so the debate means little to me.

saivet

Agreed 100%

Not to mention that on top of his ability, he's a leader, he has characeer, and loves the club
If a bid of £80m comes in from Saudi you have to consider it at the very least. Bruno is a key part of the team but that's serious money for a player of his age.

I think if the money is spent right such a sale helps our position massively.

Bruno is good but not so good where we are in a position to turn down silly bids. This isn't a guy single handedly dragging us to lofty heights.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is he really World Class though even with loosest definition of world class it's hard to make a case for him .
He's never been anywhere near close to world class. When we face top teams, he's routinely one of the worst players on the pitch.

He's been okay when we face lower opposition because his inability to take care of the ball costs us less (even though he's still infuriating), but, against the good teams, him constantly giving the ball away whether through poor passing or being physically weak under pressure usually costs us.

mav_9me

Selling him because he’s a “problem” would be silly. Selling him to cash in a high point and develop the team from the ground up through smart investments would be good business. We struggle with or without him and we’re not competing among the top anytime soon so the debate means little to me.
So many people missing the above.

If we were good, it would make sense to keep him. We are in a big rebuild. What's the point of keeping him? I'd see it as a win win for both of us.

Waynne

Agreed 100%

Wouldn't label anyone stupid, a bit of a harsh term to use. People have their opinions but agree that he has character, is a leader and senior figure for the younger core and loves the badge. I would keep him IMO if we can.

gajender

He's never been anywhere near close to world class. When we face top teams, he's routinely one of the worst players on the pitch.

He's been okay when we face lower opposition because his inability to take care of the ball costs us less (even though he's still infuriating), but, against the good teams, him constantly giving the ball away whether through poor passing or being physically weak under pressure usually costs us.
More or less agreed just like to add that Paradox of Bruno is he can't be your main man in the team if you want to be top team and if he isn't your main man then there is no point of him being in the team .

Rojofiam

If a bid of £80m comes in from Saudi you have to consider it at the very least. Bruno is a key part of the team but that's serious money for a player of his age.

I think if the money is spent right such a sale helps our position massively.

Bruno is good but not so good where we are in a position to turn down silly bids. This isn't a guy single handedly dragging us to lofty heights.
I would consider it as well, but actively wanting him out because you believe he's a mediocre player is very different to considering an 80m offer for a soon-to-be 30 year old player.

I disagree with your last paragraph. Which player single handedly drags this United team to major trophies or whatever you mean by lofty heights? If anything, Bruno is the player who elevated us all by himself in the last 11 years. The biggest impact by a single player at least since RVP.

What's the point of continuing any discussion when you are acting all high and mighty .
Because it's such a silly argument against Bruno. Which player elevates any team single-handedly in world football? There's very few of them, but Bruno has actually been that player for us since his arrival. Also, the only two teams in the world where I can confidently say he wouldn't make the first eleven are Bayern Munich and Manchester City.

Castia

Depends on the fee and possible replacement but I think we hold onto players for too long rather than cashing in and using the money to strengthen the side. Bruno is 30 next season a huge fee should be considered

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Depends on the fee and possible replacement but I think we hold onto players for too long rather than cashing in and using the money to strengthen the side. Bruno is 30 next season a huge fee should be considered
A good fee and you have to move him on, hate to say it.

gajender

I would consider it as well, but actively wanting him out because you believe he's a mediocre player is very different to considering an 80m offer for a soon-to-be 30 year old player.

I disagree with your last paragraph. Which player single handedly drags this United team to major trophies or whatever you mean by lofty heights? If anything, Bruno is the player who elevated us all by himself in the last 11 years. The biggest impact by a single player at least since RVP.

Because it's such a silly argument against Bruno. Which player elevates any team single-handedly in world football? There's very few of them, but Bruno has actually been that player for us since his arrival. Also, the only two teams in the world where I can confidently say he wouldn't make the first eleven are Bayern Munich and Manchester City.
Please read what I wrote I said either elevate top teams or atleast help them maintain the standards and no he hasn't been that player we have been more or less being the same team in terms of results since his arrival with the added humiliation of getting dumped at Group stages in Champions league both times .

Rojofiam

Please read what I wrote I said either elevate top teams or atleast help them maintain the standards and no he hasn't been that player we have been more or less being the same team in terms of results since his arrival with the added humiliation of getting dumped at Group stages in Champions league both times .
Uh-huh, so if Bruno was transferred to a top team, he somehow "wouldn't help them maintain the standards"

Okay.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not to mention that despite being poor throughout our entire period post Fergie, regular big game pummelings did not occur until we made him our main man. I don't think it's a coincidence. Playing top teams where your entire game is centred around a player who gives the ball away for fun and is incredibly weak under pressure and in tight spaces was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

gajender

Uh-huh, so if Bruno was transferred to a top team, he somehow "wouldn't help them maintain the standards"

Okay.
He wouldn't I am pretty confident about that but lucky for you we will never find it out and you can continue to hold on to the notion that he is some great player .

gajender

Not to mention that despite being poor throughout our entire period post Fergie, regular big game pummelings did not occur until we made him our main man. I don't think it's a coincidence. Playing top teams where your entire game is centred around a player who gives the ball away for fun and is incredibly weak under pressure and in tight spaces was always going to be a recipe for disaster.
Oh I don't think it's a coincidence either but don't think many are ready for that conversation .

Last edited:

Ole'sgunnarwin

Least of our worries really but set pieces are a big part of football and his are horrendous. I think he cares as much as anyone. And has been as good as anyone we've had the last 10 years. But feel like he's only gonna get worse from now.

Rojofiam

He wouldn't I am pretty confident about that but lucky for you we will never find it out and you can continue to hold on to the notion that he is some great player .
I don't even know what that means, but it's some made up nonsense anyways

If you think Bruno isn't a top player who would be instrumental for most top sides you're just a casual

Have a nice day

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

if its just Custis reporting this then why is everyone taking this seriously? lets wait until its reported by someone reliable at least.
Exactly. People are reigniting the Bruno Out debate off the back of a notoriously unreliable source. If Custis said it was snowing outside then I'd wear my sandals.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't even know what that means, but it's some made up nonsense anyways

If you think Bruno isn't a top player who would be instrumental for most top sides you're just a casual

Have a nice day
I'd say the opposite if anything

Nep77

Got to be the only 'world class' player that doesn't ever have a stand out performance against the top team. If 80-100 million bid comes than he should be let go. Actively selling is different matter, Rashford should be on the top of that list.

NLunited

Bruno is first name on the team sheet for me. For his workrate, creativity and he is an example for the others like Mainoo and Garnacho.

Any player who gives it his all is high on my list, especially if they are one of the best attacking midfielders in the world.

stepic

most top teams wouldn’t sign him because no one really plays with a traditional 10 anymore. He can’t play in a midfield 3 and he’s not great on the wing either so he pigeon holes your options as a team.

Martial

Some of you lot deserve Donny van de Beek and Mason Mount as starters.

They wouldn't even start for Everton.

Pscholes18

Can't blame him if it's true. Gave us best years of his career. Do think we'll struggle without him if we don't find proper replacement, that being Mount or someone else to compensate for Bruno's G/A.
80 mil, then we are only 20 away from Neves.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I can't see him going to Saudi Arabia just yet.

He's 30 in Sept, not getting any younger, no Champions League football next season and our squad is years from winning the league again.

I imagine he loves the club but its a good time for him to move on to one of Europes other big clubs and regulary win some trophies.

PSG maybe? He'll be guarenteed silverware there.
Harry Kane was guaranteed silverware in Munich, that worked out well!

Martinez4midfield

Supports
Ajax
All depends on who they replace him with but I'd be very concerned about goals and assists without him in the team but if they're committed to a rebuild then it makes sense.

Reactions: 711