Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderpants

Is this still rumbling on? I haven't paid much attention to it as I think it now dead in the water, any positive tweets today from decent sources?

zenith

If rashford is really out for 3 months then we absolutely need to step up the chase for bruno. This changes things and we cannot be lowballing anymore.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

The price just went up by 20M after the Liverpool match. Fair play by Sporting; I'd be thinking the same at how desperate this squad has become in these dire circumstances.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One thing I haven't realised about Bruno until just now when I was checking how many Portugal caps he had was that he's actually been longer in Serie A than at Sporting.

I just assumed he was Sporting youth product but he was at Novara for a year then moved to Udinese and played three seasons between 2013-16. Then a year at Sampdoria before Sporting took him back home.

So could be good he's already had experience of foreign league to help him mature quicker than other players. What was the view of him in Serie A?

Lee565

Mayhe we could have sorted this transfer out had the club not act so deluded with such retarded add on clauses, now its come back to bite us in ass with the derby loss and rashford injury.

mu4c_20le

He's got to be encouraged by our match today... he'll walk right into the number 10 spot. Andreas had so many chances where he found himself receiving the ball just outside their box with space to shoot.

SteveW

He'll make no difference. You can't polish the turd that is Manchester United at the moment.
Replacing a terrible player with a good one will make no difference?? Pereira fecked up nearly every attack we had today. Fernandes is a goal and assist machine. How the hell would it make no difference?

12Cantona's

With Rashford out we probably need him urgently and need him to hit the ground running immediately. It's hard to expect either to happen.
How is he a replacement for Rashford? You know Rashford is a forward?!

Burkeovic

Reading on Twitter UTD agree fee for bruno fernandes €68 Mill journalist for Daily Mail reporting it..

Snafu17

How is he a replacement for Rashford? You know Rashford is a forward?!
I was under the impression he was a central midfielder, I am really confused, thank you for pointing that out. Hopefully I didn't shock you too much, considering how surprised you seem to be.

With Rashford out, we need someone to score goals. Bruno generally scores a decent amount of goals. If we're not getting goals from the wing, it would be good if we can get some goals from midfield.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This'll get done now, classic United to take minds off of a defeat and the news about Rashford

Castia

Pointless now isn’t it. 5 points off 4th but may well be 35 because we aren’t putting a run of games together regardless. Seasons done in January now it’s time to watch the slow painful end of season when we go out of all the cups and finish the season in 8th.

feck football.

Bratt

What did he say?
He said we might look at some short term deals, but that wouldn’t change the long term deals we’re looking at.
We might bring in one or two this window.

This is not word for word, but the basics of what he said

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think it's fair to say the club are just doing this to keep everybody happy until the window shuts.

Keep moving the bar and not accepting terms until it's too late and Sporting get fed up. "oh well we tried, better luck in the summer" rinse and repeat.

The squad is fecked and falling to pieces, it desperately needs reinforcements and more quality but the tight ass glazers are gonna wait until it's too late. We will never recover with them and Woodward in charge.

Redcy

If after that game and rashford being out ole is saying we can get some loans then he is what many thought, a mouthpiece for the board.

we will see how much we really were looking at this guy. My guess not at all

JoaquinJoaquin

Think it's fair to say the club are just doing this to keep everybody happy until the window shuts.

Keep moving the bar and not accepting terms until it's too late and Sporting get fed up. "oh well we tried, better luck in the summer" rinse and repeat.

The squad is fecked and falling to pieces, it desperately needs reinforcements and more quality but the tight ass glazers are gonna wait until it's too late. We will never recover with them and Woodward in charge.
This is what happened with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a few years ago. The Glazers put bare minimal money in and the squad was dreadful until the fans started cancelling season tickets and not showing to games. Then they started spending money again.

kirk buttercup

This is what happened with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a few years ago. The Glazers put bare minimal money in and the squad was dreadful until the fans started cancelling season tickets and not showing to games. Then they started spending money again.
Yep and They are still crap

C'est Moi Cantona

Holy bollocks, this guy should have been in the stands today realising he's made a massive mistake coming here, but getting ready to go to war on Wednesday, whilst we look at further reinforcements, yet here we are, stalling for time, and fannying around once again.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Holy bollocks, this guy should have been in the stands today realising he's made a massive mistake coming here, but getting ready to go to war on Wednesday, whilst we look at further reinforcements, yet here we are, stalling for time, and fannying around once again.
Don’t worry, we’ll beat Burnley and everything will just be hunky dory until the next quality side we play

Status
Not open for further replies.