Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

If we get Bruno some time next week and loan another decent player with a buy option or something before the window closes, i dont mind. People are way too impatient going crazy with all the news these days. Just block out the rubbish really and trust on the good sources. Probably Sunday/early next week is the date

I can’t see how Sporting would risk that.
Imagine he breaks something and is out for 3 months. We wouldnt buy him then would we. And in the summer we can go for other targets.
I've heard this argument so many times, yet so many times players do play and then do move.

The chances of a leg break or transfer scuppering injury are so low.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Are you all right mate?
It didn't read like a post written by someone calm.:lol:
Of course I’m fine, just looking to reiterate how funny I find the CAF sometimes.

A lot of fans seem to think that MUFC is this huge evil entity that’s out here to pull the wool over their fans eyes.

Like come on guys seriously.

Ban

Of course I’m fine, just looking to reiterate how funny I find the CAF sometimes.

A lot of fans seem to think that MUFC is this huge evil entity that’s out here to pull the wool over their fans eyes.

Like come on guys seriously.
Yeah it looks you're fine but asked just in case.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
15:31
Former Sporting Lisbon captain gives verdict on Bruno Fernandes to Man Utd chances
Former Sporting Lisbon captain Carlos Xavier believes Bruno Fernandes’ switch to Manchester United won’t happen before their game against Benfica on Friday.
If United were to complete the deal, Fernandes would need to be registered before 12pm on Friday in order to feature against Liverpool on Sunday.
Xavier believes Fernandes will be available for Sporting in the clash against Benfica. He told a Portuguese radio station via Sport Witness:
“Having a player like Bruno on the team or not, the distance is huge.

“Obviously Sporting, I think, were aware in this negotiation to count on him in this game. From there they can make a negotiation or make him available for other challenges. But I think he’ll be available to play this game.”

roseguy64

Considering the people running Sporting I definitely believe they'll delay any deal until after the Benfica match.

Stretch

There's reason to believe it has already begun.

Ducker released an article yesterday saying that the reason we never bid last summer was because we were "put off by Sportings high valuation of £75m+/€88m+", which is in direct conflict to their President's comments a few months ago, who said that Spurs were the only team to make a serious offer of £58m/€65m, which he had to reject in the end because of crazy add-ons (€20m in CL+PL wins).

This makes zero sense. So their President wanted ~£20m more from us than Spurs apparently...

Ducker also said Sporting now initially wanted £68.5m/€80m too, which we're trying to bring down to £50m/€58m.

So we're now trying to get them to accept less in the January window than they rejected Spurs in the summer...

If this deal isn't concluded in the next few days, I think it's more likely he's not coming.
Their president never said they were going to accept the Spurs bid, only that it was the only serious bid. Also, it's not unheard of that teams ask United much more than other teams. It's very much possible that when we enquired about Bruno that we were initially quoted 75m and that put us off until we saw Spurs launch a bid at the end of the window which wasn't successful at almost 60m including the add ons. It's really not that unbelievable and very much a possibility, especially if we asked earlier in the window and then decided to leave it rather which eventually saw Spurs make a desperate bid at a lower amount than what Sporting initially sought hoping they'd accept at the end of the window. In fact, the late desperate bid from Spurs ties in pretty well with Sporting wanting too much initially for the player and that Spurs only chanced their arm to see if Sporting would bite (considering time was running out) at a lower amount with ridiculous add on fees.

I don't know what happened, just like you don't. I'm just saying it's very much possible that Sporting asked for 75m initially.

What I do know however is that Varandas said the following in July last year:

“I don’t know if there are many or if there are few [interested clubs],” he told RTP.

“What I know, a lot has been spoken of values, coming to the press, €55m, €62m… for that he doesn’t leave, for sure.

“If Bruno Fernandes leaves, players with quality will come. But if Bruno leaves.”

Bestietom

Considering the people running Sporting I definitely believe they'll delay any deal until after the Benfica match.
They will delay it until after Friday. If he moved now and Benfica thrash them the fans would go ballistic.

Last edited:

SATA

David Ornstein reiterates United's talks with Sporting.

‘Ornstein said that United and Spurs showed interest in him last summer but both of them encountered incredibly complicated negotiations, moving of goalposts from intermediaries, from selling club, changing of price & conditions, etc.

Ornstein asked fans to show some patience as the deal is very complicated and complex.’

Just thought i post this on here

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief

‘Ornstein said that United and Spurs showed interest in him last summer but both of them encountered incredibly complicated negotiations, moving of goalposts from intermediaries, from selling club, changing of price & conditions, etc.

Ornstein asked fans to show some patience as the deal is very complicated and complex.’

Cant be true. Sporting should just give United their IBAN and bang. Money straight away. No complicationsm

I should ceo of a fortune 100.

Bestietom

It must be very complicated and complex to take so long. But then we cannot expect anything less with Woody.

ThinkTank@Cafe

From Sporting management perspective, it would be a disaster to first sell Bruno and then potentially get humiliated by Benfica. The fans will be outraged.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
As if anyone who's followed us over the past 7 years expects this one to be wrapped up promptly. Got to admire the blind optimism of the muppet mindset.

RedDevilRoshi

No chance this will get wrapped up by Friday. Sporting will want him to play against Benfica.

Coxy

As if anyone who's followed us over the past 7 years expects this one to be wrapped up promptly. Got to admire the blind optimism of the muppet mindset.
or even indeed, that it will actually happen?

JoaquinJoaquin

I can’t see how Sporting would risk that.
Imagine he breaks something and is out for 3 months. We wouldnt buy him then would we. And in the summer we can go for other targets.
It's a fierce derby against their most hated rivals who are top of the league. Trust me, they will want their best player available in this game. Even if he did get injured, Sporting know that once he is fit clubs will still want him as he is an excellent player. To be honest, I think Bruno will probably want to play in this game aswell, If Sporting wins the game it will serve as a good send off.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if United want Bruno's first game to be the one after our trip to Anfield. And bit like they did with Ole and sacked Jose after losing at Anfield.

There's definitely logic somewhere behind that decision, if indeed that's what they are thinking. Bringing him in early this week would mean he'd play at the weekend and we could still get a tonking with or without him. Having a new shiny expensive player and getting beat by biggest rivals in very first game is hardly the ideal start.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we get stuffed at Anfield and then bring in Bruno though...
Exactly what they're thinking I'm sure. Win or draw at the weekend and happy days. Lose and they can announce Bruno soon after to ease the pain. I'm sure he'll sign next week.

mu4c_20le

I would love it if the club started pushing out links to other targets and we play hardball with these fecks. We're the only one interested and willing to pay 60m+, if they want to screw around then let them keep him. No one will pay that much for a decent player with a good shot. He is literally their only valuable asset.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The excuse would be, they would have money to spend on new players.
Sell Bruno before hand get beat and the excuse was we didn't have our best player or his replacements yet.

I understand the thought process of keeping him for it, but if they get tonked and then sell their best player that's going to sting a lot of fans.

Lemansky

It must be very complicated and complex to take so long. But then we cannot expect anything less with Woody.
I am not Woodys biggest fan but the criticism on these boards are dumb. It’s not like every transfer is comparable to one another and deals involving Man Utd will drag out because the opposition club know how wealthy the club is. This deal is by all reports very complicated.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It's a fierce derby against their most hated rivals who are top of the league. Trust me, they will want their best player available in this game. Even if he did get injured, Sporting know that once he is fit clubs will still want him as he is an excellent player. To be honest, I think Bruno will probably want to play in this game aswell, If Sporting wins the game it will serve as a good send off.
Let’s not be silly, if there’s €55m+ riding on a player, neither Sporting OR United will want to risk that he gets a serious injury

Bestietom

I am not Woodys biggest fan but the criticism on these boards are dumb. It’s not like every transfer is comparable to one another and deals involving Man Utd will drag out because the opposition club know how wealthy the club is. This deal is by all reports very complicated.
It's media talk mate. They are not at the table when negotiations are ongoing, They have to write something.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
A massive risk from Sporting to include him in the game on friday. Imagine the scenes if he breaks a leg and is out for a year and the deal would be off.

60 mil down the drain, Bruno Fernandes will never play again.

Bonkers.

vanderpants

How hard is it to sign a player you want ! Other clubs don't seem to have half the problems we get, oh yeah I forgot we have big Ed in charge, I'd walk away from this deal if reported above is true and find another high quality player

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I would love it if the club started pushing out links to other targets and we play hardball with these fecks. We're the only one interested and willing to pay 60m+, if they want to screw around then let them keep him. No one will pay that much for a decent player with a good shot. He is literally their only valuable asset.
In reality what will happen is, we end up paying what Sporting wants for him at the deadline.

This is like the Maguire signing all over again, we take our time trying to lower the price and end up getting fleeced at the deadline while we waste precious time for the signing to bed into the squad. It's the United Way.

fergosaurus

That just increases the chance of him getting injured. Big risk with so much on the line especially as Sporting need the money. Hopefully it doesn't backfire for our sake as well as theirs.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Let’s not be silly, if there’s €55m+ riding on a player, neither Sporting OR United will want to risk that he gets a serious injury
Yeah I don't get the logic at all. You either want to sell or you don't, the derby is irrelevant. They've already delayed his exit 6 months, they won't risk losing the money again.

Status
Not open for further replies.