Bruno Fernandes signs a new contract until 2026+1

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Paul Merson was fecking right. Giving him a new contract was incompetence once again. I’d be surprised if ETH has him after a season. His general all round play isn’t good enough.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There is a reason why most top teams passed on him and he was playing in Portugal till his mid twenties.

He has his moments but extremely inconsistent. Looks like he used all of his moments early in the career for United. His overall game intelligence is just shocking. Constantly choose wrong option. Loose possession countless times and act like a kid whenever there is a slight challenge.

That “chances created” stat is fundamentally broken if Bruno tops that.

Mainoldo

i don't get how some don't see it. Even when he was scoring and/or assisting every other game, it was obvious his general play would always hinder us.
Can’t blame them. The fans wanted a hero so bad and the hate for Pogba set Bruno up for life. There’s too much pride for people to go back now.

Me… I don’t care. If your crap I’m saying it. Said it with Varane too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just playing like his Portugal National Team version for one particular reason.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We refused to sign him in the summer of 19 because our scouts said he has serious flaws. It was reported at the time.
What we are seeing is not new. His flaws can kill a struggling team.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He sums up the kind of players United sign now. The dregs and the leftovers while the top clubs gorge themselves on the very best.

Judas

Open to offers
You can't build around a player who performs like he does so often. Once the assists and goals dry up, what you're left with is to be frank, painful to watch.

YzWayne

He is lucky no one has pay much attention or made videos about his giveaways and mistakes this season like Maguire

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Great as a second striker, as a third midfielder he's gonna give away the ball so often it will be difficult to play possession football.

SAFMUTD

We fecked up big time by giving him a new contract with such high wages. I mean it was even like we had to, we just extended for a year while he's having a poor poor season.

Clueless.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His contract extension reminds of the one we gave Rooney when he was clearly declining. But Rooney was still twice the player Bruno will ever be.
Horrible decision to bump his salary after the trash he has performed.

RepardReece

Just playing like his Portugal National Team version for one particular reason.
yeah, it's clearly Ronaldo's fault he misses a pen, can't make a pass, and loses the ball for the third goal. Surely you're being sarcastic.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
i don't get how some don't see it. Even when he was scoring and/or assisting every other game, it was obvious his general play would always hinder us.
Spot on. That's why the comparison with KDB never made any sense, football isn't just about stats, it is much more subtle and nuanced than raw numbers

AndySmith1990

I'm sick of using them as an example, but look at when Liverpool sold Suarez and Coutinho, players who were great for them. Look at how they invested that money and where they are now.

We talk about how we need to improve when it comes to signing players, but we also need to improve at selling players at the right time.

I'm not saying we should sell Fernandes now, god knows there will be enough turnover as it is this summer, but we should at least be open to it in the future. Not a single player in our team is indispensable

InfiniteBoredom

He’s been playing hero ball for so long at Sporting and here that I’m afraid it’s impossible now to drill some discipline into him.

Obviously he should be given a fair chance under ten Hag next season but the club should prepare to be ruthless if he doesn’t meet the demands of the manager. The way he’s been playing the last 18 months or so makes any kind of cohesive football beyond our reach, even if we aren’t dogshit everywhere else.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s just not that good. He’s a pretend superstar that the club have tried to push, similar to the time when they tried to spin Chicharito as our ‘new South American superstar’ for two years. It was clear he was a functional player, but no word class talent, and the same for Bruno. Odegaard has shown him up today in terms of just pure football ability. His stats have never fooled me, just as Chicharito’s ‘20 goal a season’ days never fooled anyone he was some sort of world class forward either.

Aretak

Worst player on the pitch today. Completely lacking in any sort of discipline and his confidence seems shot. Hard to see him fitting in to ten Hag's team based on what I've read about his methods.

CM

Quickest contract extension coming back to bite us? Everyone seemed to be in agreement it was a bad idea except those who make the decisions. Idiotic.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He’s just not that good. He’s a pretend superstar that the club have tried to push, similar to the time when they tried to spin Chicharito as our ‘new South American superstar’ for two years. It was clear he was a functional player, but no word class talent, and the same for Bruno. Odegaard has shown him up today in terms of just pure football ability. His stats have never fooled me, just as Chicharito’s ‘20 goal a season’ days never fooled anyone he was some sort of world class forward either.
Thank God football is a sports that's more than just raw numbers. His shortcomings could be tolerated when he was productive but now it's so bad, he actively contributes into losing us games

el3mel

If they want an example for a flat track bully to put it in football books, Bruno would be a perfect fit.

The ultimate flat track bully. Makes Lukaku look like a big games player in comparison as hilarious as it may sound

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Paul Merson was fecking right. Giving him a new contract was incompetence once again. I’d be surprised if ETH has him after a season. His general all round play isn’t good enough.
Due to the new contract even if Ten Hagrid wants him gone he’ll be stuck with him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I feel the same about him as I do about Pogba. He has talent, he has qualities that most players don't have but his flaws from a tactical standpoint are glaring. I don't know how you deal with it in the context of a team, for Pogba I saw Conte, Allegri and later Deschamps find a solution but when it comes to Bruno, I really see Van der Vaart/Coutinho and no top teams have found a way to make it work or even tried.

Robbie Boy

He's become very, very fecking unlikable. He's been utter dog shite which is ons thing; but his annoying play-acting and whingy tantrums annoy the absolute feck out of me.

soapythecat

Become a really dislikable players. The gesturing, the mardy face, the moaning….it’s never his fault.
ETH won’t be having him one bit. Won’t fit in the side next season and I hope he warms the bench until he decides to adapt or feck off.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I feel the same about him as I do about Pogba. He has talent, he has qualities that most players don't have but his flaws from a tactical standpoint are glaring. I don't know how you deal with it in the context of a team, for Pogba I saw Conte, Allegri and later Deschamps find a solution but when it comes to Bruno, I really see Van der Vaart/Coutinho and no top teams have found a way to make it work or even tried.
If we are talking ‘talent’, he has nowhere near the level of talent Pogba has. Or Coutinho or Van der Vaart for that matter.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
IF he continues this shite show, I doubt he would have a place in ETH team.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If we are talking ‘talent’, he has nowhere near the level of talent Pogba has. Or Coutinho or Van der Vaart for that matter.
That's true but he is still talented and a way above average player. The point that I'm trying to make is more about how he doesn't match with any team oriented logic, all of these players are soloist.

VivaRonaldo85

A contract extension which glaringly demonstrates the lack of strategy and vision at the club. Any senior executive knowing a new manager/coach was in the pipeline would have surely waited on this sort of business until the guy was at least in position and could assess the entire squad with Rangnick advising on what’s he’s seen.

GMoore23

I was one of the very few on here to call him out for his lack of the basics and poor all round play even when his stats were through the roof. I got laughed at of course.
He's never impressed me as a footballer.