Bruno Fernandes signs a new contract until 2026+1

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Hopefully Haggy’s arrival elevates his game even further.
Horrible nickname.

This contract extension leaves me wondering to say the least. I have always maintainted with the current Bruno, we'll never get anywhere serious. Unless he changes his game of course

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Congratz to him, still think its one year to early. There are thing or two that really cant stand about him but comparing him with other post SAF transfers, he is only one that didnt go in minus from day one unlike everyone else.
Just need a stern manager to weed those things out of him. He needs a telling or two. There is an awesome beast in him somewhere.

S1rAlex

Okay, for wome United players a new contract meant that they can relax until next negotiations (Martial or PP are the best examples).
I do hope it's not Bruno's case. Love him so much, even though he's having an average season.

copen1945

He has had a difficult season so far, but he has been a standout player. I am glad he has been tied down to the club for the long term.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
FBRef says he's third in the league in expected assists, behind only Salah and Alexander-Arnold. Controlling for minutes played, he's 5th after Trent, Salah, Reece James and De Bruyne. Second after De Bruyne in key passes per 90, and third after Trent/Cancelo in completed passes into the box

So clearly very good at creating chances relative to the rest of the league, and on another planet within our squad (his expected assists number for the season is 7.9, and our next best is Sancho with 3.8).

This is incredible news, he and Sancho are the two players in this squad in the keep-at-all-costs category.
Who’s got the most assists?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Great news. Like's been said has a few flaws but is arguably most deserving of a decent contract in the squad. Always looks 100% committed, no shenanigans in the media, seems like a thoroughly decent bloke and loves the club. More of this please.

Statue of Limitations

Unlike other extensions over the past decade, this lad has definitely earned it.

Biggest impact signing in years, and potential to get even better, under the right manager.

Well in Bruno.

The Oracle

On his stats alone, I am happy that he has signed a new contract.

My only hope now is that he knuckles down and develops his game further; namely his retention of the ball.

Todd

Not including Ronaldo, since he's obviously at the end of his career and long ago cemented his place in United lore, Bruno is our only outfield player that has a chance of one day being considered a United legend. We desperately need to build a front six around him moving forward so that his prime years aren't wasted.

Devil may care

The big task for the next manager is to try and mature Bruno's game, he's incredibly erratic with his passing.

Gandalf

The big task for the next manager is to try and mature Bruno's game, he's incredibly erratic with his passing.
I think a lot of his indiscipline and wayward passes stem from playing in a side that has no system and carries too many passengers on the pitch. Bruno is constantly forced to try and conjure up miracles and hero moments because who else is going to do it? In a team with a good, well defined shape where there are others to help with the heavy lifting he will be exceptional.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
How awful has he been since the contract? :mad:
On the clearance list for me. He’s absolutely fecking awful, I will bet anyone 100 quid that he will not be in Ten Hag’s first X1 by the 2nd season

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not going anywhere with this guy, doesnt matter how good he can be on his day. He just doesnt have it.

evil_geko

Yes, extending contract of best performing player in last few years is "mental decision", modern United fanbase at its best.

SER19

I was worried hed do the jump, and then he added the pogba trot too

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Van De Beek is going to bench him eventually

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a terrible form he is in, liability on the pitch. Don't think he will retain his position next season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Awful player for what we need next season. Hopefully sold in a year.