Burnley sack Sean Dyche

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mental. It’s a roll of the dice by the club to stay in the premier league but Burnley will be incredibly fortunate to find a manager who is as good as Dyche. He has done an incredible job at what is a small club with a small budget. Burnley were always going to get relegated one day but Dyche would probs be a safe a bet as any manager at taking them back up.
It reminds me a bit of Gordon Strachan keeping Coventry up time and again, then their luck ran out.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Crazy decision. Nothing short of a miracle what he's done there on the budget he's been given. Not sure how Burnley are run but they've been a Premier League club for long enough now that they should be quite well off. Not sure where the money goes tbh.

zonaldefending

Liverpool Fan
Dyche will get another premier league job within a year.

Can only think Burnley believe hiring a new manager now with 8 games to go create a positive new manager bounce but I just can't see with the squad of players they have.
Jesus I hope not. Who would want to watch that style of football on a weekly basis?

Classical Mechanic

Honestly, who would want to manage Burnley right now? Would Big Sam even want the job knowing they'd sack him as soon as he didn't get promotion after spending 20p and a packet of Haribo during the summer transfer window?

Parasitic ownership ruining another club.

Well done to the fit and proper test.
Probably someone that would like a million quid.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Clubs/Fans don't want to be associated with his shit on a stick brand of football.
Managers like him always find work though. He'll have another job in no time, and it will be a bigger club than Burnley.

Blood Mage

Absolutely crazy decision. He overachieved with them for years. Another rich owner with unrealistic expectations.

Flexdegea

They actually total screwed at the moment if you see how their business model operates.

Leveraged buy out like ours, only without the huge turnover, massive commercial appeal and big profits made.

Brutal time for the fans at the moment

Panic move, there's no manager that will come in and do significantly better than Dyche was doing with this squad. Only 4 points off safety with 8 games left. Quite unrespectful too after 10 years but that's the cutthroat PL cycle for you.

Quite hope they go down now.
Don't we always hope they go down?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Down you go you feckers. They must have someone lined up. Hope their plan fails miserably.

dinostar77

He should have left Burnley when they had their highest ever top 10 finish. I thought there was tension between him and the board over the past 18mths over lack of signings.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Happy for Dyche. He can finally get a decent job which I think he's deserved to have a chance at managing a significant club.

Irrational.

Ridiculous decision, they won’t get anyone better to run that shithole of a club.

Farewell Sean, you deserved better after keeping the club in the PL for so long. You can go back to having gravel and nails for breakfast now.

Pickle85

Can't say I'm sorry to see the back of him. Hope they go down - he's done really well for them and I know they can't compete with budgets of other clubs in the prem but I cannot stand watching them.

lsd

The Oracle
Down you go you feckers. They must have someone lined up. Hope their plan fails miserably.

They were going down with him this hasn't doomed them to relegation. That was already happening. Perhaps their plan is to change their style and work on that before getting back up

RedIan

Championship outfit made into a premier league out fit by Dyche.
awful decision. A loyal manager shown zero loyalty by a knee jerk board.
what now bring in big Sam to find a shattered squad. Bad move.

Mr. Ant

I'd like to see him in a team with bigger budget. I doubt he would choose to play the Burnley way if he had better players.

I guess we'll see what happens next, but the job he's done is admirable.
He basically guaranteed safety in the PL for so long and even made it to Europe with essentially championship level players and with no budget which is something I never understood.

I mean doesn't every club receive around 100 million for every season in the PL? I'm not saying they should be loaded but there should have been good enough budget for him to buy better players.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
They were going down with him this hasn't doomed them to relegation. That was already happening. Perhaps their plan is to change their style and work on that before getting back up
Be amazed to ever see them back. This was a one and done. Doubt they'll even be a play-off team.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Crazy decision. Hate Burnley in terms of the way they play, not a fan of Dyche either BUT he’s done a phenomenal job for Burnley. They have punched massively above their weight for years. Now they are punching at their weight they sack him? Feels like SAF would’ve been sacked three or four times in the current climate.
Yes. That is how I feel as well. Massive gamble which could see Burnley drop like a stone.
And I hope that Dyche gets the opportunity to show what he is capable of at a bigger club. He deserves it.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Stupid move. Even if they wanted rid of him he has earned the right to finish the season. They would have been relegated long ago without him.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Not sad to see him go, his farmers league style wasn’t the easiest on the eye and his voice was very grating. Wrong decision though, not even Jesus himself can save them now.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They still have some winnable games left in the run in.

Southampton are pretty much on the beach now so them at home is very winnable next Thursday.

Wolves aren't scoring much so them at home is a possible 0-0 or 1-0 win.

Watford away has to be a must win if they have any chance.

Still got to play Villa twice and Newcastle at home on last day.

Not saying they'd have won all of those under Dyche but feels like they'll barely win any if they just promote the youth team coach who might want them stringing endless passes in the centre of the pitch.

It's a strange call imo as Everton got Leicester, Liverpool and Chelsea in their next three so very possible they don't win any of those and suddenly with one win Burnley are right back in it.
Winnabe on paper yeah I don't disagree. The club nows that something is broken between the manager and the player

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't we always hope they go down?
Yeah but he's the reason we want them to go down due to the football he plays, now he's left he'll probably get another PL job.

90 + 5min

This is modern era for managers. You blame everything on them. What did Burnley expect manager to do with that squad? Win Premier League?

I'm really surprised with that decision.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Been a good manager really good, was evening getting performances out of them when they’re in this battle, which is more than could be said about us