BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Swordsman

Yep, many still don't get that dominating is only boring for neutrals and the teams who get dominated....never for the ones who dominate.

Now many people are crying that Guardiola is making EPL boring with his dominance (he is), but i have to believe that somehow fans from Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Newcastle weren't bored of United dominance from 92-2003.
No English team has won more than 3 league titles in a row though. Do you think that might change ?

EPL will be boring if a team managed to win it 10 times in a row.

crossy1686

career ending
Dortmund blowing the league on the last day when winning it on the second to last game just cements them as Bayerns bitch. They just couldn’t wait to bend over yet again.

Tap

Yep, many still don't get that dominating is only boring for neutrals and the teams who get dominated....never for the ones who dominate.

Now many people are crying that Guardiola is making EPL boring with his dominance (he is), but i have to believe that somehow fans from Arsenal,City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Newcastle weren't bored of United dominance from 92-2003.
Why are seasons with just a league title win viewed as disappointments then? For clubs like psg, bayern and perhaps juve

Managers have been sacked for “only” winning a league title. Each league title won should have been highly interesting and satisfying right, regardless of how many successive titles were won prior.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
:lol:

feck Dortmund and their stupid fans

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Always a maid to Boss Bayern.
Bayern: "Put on a tutu and start dropping points at once!"
BVB : "Yes milord... I luv to see it"

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That is seriously one of the most pathetic bottle jobs I’ve ever seen. Proof that Bayern aren’t too good for that league but the competitors are just serial choke jobs who only care about selling their best players ever year and will make a concerted effort to pass up the chance to make the league appear remotely competitive.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
No English team has won more than 3 league titles in a row though. Do you think that might change ?

EPL will be boring if a team managed to win it 10 times in a row.
Yeah, that will change. Guardiola gonna change that.

He has won 3 in a row, and many people here are crying already that City is making the league boring and predictable...some are even hoping for Guardiola to leave England.

Wait for the 4th and 5th title in a row, now they have Haaland scoring for fun.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Why are seasons with just a league title win viewed as disappointments then? For clubs like psg, bayern and perhaps juve

Managers have been sacked for “only” winning a league title. Each league title won should have been highly interesting and satisfying right, regardless of how many successive titles were won prior.
Managers have been sacked after winning the UCL.
What's your point?

Also a season can be disappointing depending on who lose to in the UCL, City getting knocked out by Lyon, Tottenham, and Monaco wasn't a disappointment?

United getting eliminated in the UCL by Leverkusen and Porto wasn't a disappointment?

PSG is a joke a club, poorly run by the sheiks who bought them, don't put them as example of anything.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Now many people are crying that Guardiola is making EPL boring with his dominance (he is), but i have to believe that somehow fans from Arsenal,City, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Newcastle weren't bored of United dominance from 92-2003.
If it is that exciting why did Dortmund expect 200.000 to 400.000 people for the celebrations and Munich expects 10.000? Without having it checked, Munich apparently expected 170.000 in 2013.

It is boring for everybody. Less so when it is a title race like this one but still.

Pickle85

Managers have been sacked after winning the UCL.
What's your point?

Also a season can be disappointing depending on who lose to in the UCL, City getting knocked out by Lyon, Tottenham, and Monaco wasn't a disappointment?

United getting eliminated in the UCL by Leverkusen and Porto wasn't a disappointment?

PSG is a joke a club, poorly run by the sheiks who bought them, don't put them as example of anything.
Seems a weird position to take, given how vastly different the two situations and levels of dominance are. The point is that domestic success shouldn't be so much of a given that managers get sacked after winning their league (for not winning anything else). I'd have thought that was fairly obvious?

Swordsman

Yeah, that will change. Guardiola gonna change that.

He has won 3 in a row, and many people here are crying already that City is making the league boring and predictable...some are even hoping for Guardiola to leave England.

Wait for the 4th and 5th title in a row, now they have Haaland scoring for fun.
funny how people are blaming city/pep for making the league boring/predictable. It's not city/pep's fault if the opponents are not good enough to topple them.

City/pep can only beat what's in front of them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Conveniently ignoring the fact the opponents are also not cheating, unlike City/pep though. Only so much others can do when you are up against someone with cheat codes.
Everytime someone mentions how successful City, they should be reminded they're corrupt as a club

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

They haven't been for years, no one but their fans expected them to win today, which is saying a lot about what a reputation as a mentally weak team they have garnered.
True that. I wrote this while i was reading another piece (in my country) about about how amazing their fans are in the face of (yet another) bottle job and how well they react as an organisation. I think they've taken the whole supporting your team thing to the opposite extreme. There's neither the pressure to achieve anything nor the will to set the bar a bit higher and measure up against themselves. And it feels weird because, unlike Hamburg or Forest, they're not a club that won the CL and then vanished into oblivion.

As for the consecutive titles, i suppose the difference is that it's a matter of expectations. United were the favourites, but not the only favourites at the start of each season in the 90s. And the PL was mostly a war of attrition back then with everyone dropping points. Even now that this isn't the case anymore, it's different when Liverpool are pushing City to 14-15 consecutive wins in a tight race that forces all combatants to bring out their very best. It's been a decade since a good Bayern Munich side was pushed hard by another team for the title.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Conveniently ignoring the fact the opponents are also not cheating, unlike City/pep though. Only so much others can do when you are up against someone with cheat codes.
Pep/City are cheating, but people outside of UK don't care about that, all they see is a team obliterating the PL left and right, and making it predictable.

Plus i believe even with cheating the next City manager isn't going to dominate PL the way Pep is doing it, that's why many people is hoping for Pep to leave.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
If it is that exciting why did Dortmund expect 200.000 to 400.000 people for the celebrations and Munich expects 10.000? Without having it checked, Munich apparently expected 170.000 in 2013.
Cause Dortmund haven't won the title in 10 years, Sherlock.

You think City winning the league now will have the same celebrations as Arsenal winning the league after 20 years?

Pickle85

You think City winning the league now will have the same celebrations as Arsenal winning the league after 20 years?
So you agree that it's not as exciting that Bayern won it, then? Pretty sure that's what that poster was saying.

SinNombre

Heat have the best coach in the NBA - they will keep outperforming and are not in the same breath as Dortmund and Arsenal/Spurs.

Any Bayern fan comparing this to the 90s is insane. United were very stable and still had many wins go down to the wire, Bayern can implode mid-season and still win the league.

Not a single other Bundesliga team is in the top 10 teams in Europe currently.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Which contradicts what you claimed previously. Elementary.

German social media is full of memes of bored Bayern fans, by the way.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

As @SinNombre the Heat don't belong in this discussion. They were plagued by injuries and bad luck throughout the regular season and they fought tooth and claw in the play-ins when they didn't have any match rhythm at all. Then, they humiliated the first seeded team in their conference, they beat the Knicks with ease, and they came (and still are) close to eliminating the best team in their conference.

Hell, i would say that the stick Arsenal are getting lately is a bit unfair. Improved by 15 points (if they win today) and scored 20+ goals more than last season, but let's laugh at them because they couldn't match City's regular 90 points seasons.

Spurs failing to even become a nuisance for Leicester in 15/16, that i can understand. The rest is just banter for banter's sake.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Heat have the best coach in the NBA - they will keep outperforming and are not in the same breath as Dortmund and Arsenal/Spurs.
If Boston complete the comeback in game 7 it will be among the all time bottle jobs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As @SinNombre the Heat don't belong in this discussion. They were plagued by injuries and bad luck throughout the regular season and they fought tooth and claw in the play-ins when they didn't have any match rhythm at all. Then, they humiliated the first seeded team in their conference, they beat the Knicks with ease, and they came (and still are) close to eliminating the best team in their conference.

Hell, i would say that the stick Arsenal are getting lately is a bit unfair. Improved by 15 points (if they win today) and scored 20+ goals more than last season, but let's laugh at them because they couldn't match City's regular 90 points seasons.

Spurs failing to even become a nuisance for Leicester in 15/16, that i can understand. The rest is just banter for banter's sake.
I understand all of that but if you’re up 3-0 in the series and still get eliminated then we get to call you bottle jobs because that’s what it is.

MDFC Manager

Could've walked into our midfield and become a PL great but chose to carry bottles for a meme club known for bottling.
Looks like he's happy with what he's achieved in England - his Birmingham shirt number retirement

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I understand all of that but if you’re up 3-0 in the series and still get eliminated then we get to call you bottle jobs because that’s what it is.
I beg to differ. For me, you really-really bottle it when you're handed an advantage by your opponent, but you don't have what it takes to get over the line.

Bayern Munich had been offering the title to BvB on a plate for several weeks, and Dortmund were like: "Nah, you can have the bowl. We don't care much about silverware here".

The Heat needed a three-points masterclass to beat a sorry Bulls team just to make it to the playoffs. That was their starting point. Similarly, if Arsenal had lost the title to an 80-points City team, i'd call it a proper bottle job.

Levi1

Looking for white text...

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Dortmund fans mad at Mainz for not letting them win :lol:
Seriously looking at their performances it looked like Mainz and Köln took the league far more serious than Dortmund and Bayern.

Neither did voluntarily bend over as was expected by some.