g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Neymar stripped of captaincy and given to Alves. Alves really gonna be a starter for Brazil? His legs are gone and he's nowhere near the player he was. Whilst I do not think for a second that Neymar is captain material, it seems odd to upset your best player a couple of weeks before a tournament.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chile named their squad...the usual suspects all in....Gonzalo Jara, Gary Medel, Vidal, Aranguiz, somebody imposting Alexis Sanchez again....

In their 23 man squad they have 10 outfield players all over 30 so few hard years ahead.

Don't see them making the next WC tbh, quality dosen't seem to be there in next generation.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chile named their squad...the usual suspects all in....Gonzalo Jara, Gary Medel, Vidal, Aranguiz, somebody imposting Alexis Sanchez again....

In their 23 man squad they have 10 outfield players all over 30 so few hard years ahead.

Don't see them making the next WC tbh, quality dosen't seem to be there in next generation.
Is Sanchez fit?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Sanchez fit?
Didn't he come back and "play" a few games for Man. United in the run in? I think the Cardiff exclusion was just a message from OGS he's free to leave this summer.

Davicho

Im chilean, and the truth is that our situation is pretty worrying. Our golden generation is coming to its end, and the only good prospects U-25 we have are Maripan and Pulgar, that are decent players but not on the level Vidal, Sánchez, Bravo, Medel had a few years ago.

For this Copa América, we have a very good midfield with Vidal, Aranguiz and Pulgar, and thats all we have.

The future is not so bright to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn't he come back and "play" a few games for Man. United in the run in? I think the Cardiff exclusion was just a message from OGS he's free to leave this summer.
He went off injured against Brighton I think it was, and hasn’t been seen since. I’d be pleasantly surprised if he’s able to play at Copa America!

NoPace

Im chilean, and the truth is that our situation is pretty worrying. Our golden generation is coming to its end, and the only good prospects U-25 we have are Maripan and Pulgar, that are decent players but not on the level Vidal, Sánchez, Bravo, Medel had a few years ago.

For this Copa América, we have a very good midfield with Vidal, Aranguiz and Pulgar, and thats all we have.

The future is not so bright to be honest.
I saw Beausejour and a few fellas like that still in the squad and wanted to bet against you in this tourney, but that midfield still looks quite solid and obviously you have chemistry and experience. Still might do it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Neymar went off injured in a friendly against Qatar. Possibly out of the cup.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The injury is on the right ankle but the tackle is on the left?

SharpshooterTom

Depends on whether its just bad bruising/swollen ankle or ligament damage ala Harry Kane.

Who would Brazil replace him with?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The amount of times Neymar gets injured in completely meaningless games is ridiculous. He shouldn't be playing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Was Neymar's injury that serious?

He's become really injury prone out of nowhere.

SharpshooterTom

Early reports of an ankle sprain, could be fake news but thats what the twitterati are saying.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Confirmed: Neymar ruled out. Cut from the squad.

Hopefully Lucas gets his chance now.

RochaRoja

It’s a shame they went back to the twelve teams including two guests format after the Cententario. That was much better.

cricupdates19

Looking forward this event. 8 days left for Copa America 2019, which team are you supporting?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Looking forward this event. 8 days left for Copa America 2019, which team are you supporting?
I think I’m going to pick Japan to support, for no other reason than it would amuse me slightly if an invited nation won it. Not really sure why to be honest.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't like Neymar, but him not being there sucks. Always excitement with him in the team. Either through fancy goals or through being a cnut.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Argentina, although I'd be very surprised if they even make it to the semis or the final. Wouldn't mind Uruguay winning it either.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think I’m going to pick Japan to support, for no other reason than it would amuse me slightly if an invited nation won it. Not really sure why to be honest.
Do they always invite random countries? Would be cool if Holland played a Copa America.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Neymar injured again and out for the tournament?

His value continues to plummet, how he must regret giving in to greed and joining PSG...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Let's pray for Alexis Sanchez to have a great tournament so we can ship him.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Do they always invite random countries? Would be cool if Holland played a Copa America.
Yes. They need 2 invited teams to make up the numbers. They normally invite Mexico and USA I think but the gold
Cup is on this year so they had to look further afield. Would imagine Qatar paid a decent amount of money to be there as they’re using it as prep for 2022. Qatar and Japan are both solid enough teams, looking forward to see how they do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Saw Richarlison got a goal and an assist. Is he turning into the new Brazilian focal point aside from Neymar?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Usually it's just the USA and Mexico/Costa Rica/Honduras.

I do remember Japan actually playing in 1999. Like Qatar now they want the tournament as experience for the World cup three years later.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
So who are the favorites? There really are no standout teams. I think Argentina and Brazil both have the strongest chance. The overall quality seems poor in the competition.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Neymar injury might actually help Brazil a little in terms of balance. Seems they were still trying to shoehorn Coutinho in the 3 man central midfield.

Now they can push him up into the front 3, Jesus central and Richarlison the other wide attacker. Have Firmino as back up. Brazil still the favourites although Uruguay always a tough team to play in knock outs.

Le Red

Neymar stripped of captaincy and given to Alves. Alves really gonna be a starter for Brazil? His legs are gone and he's nowhere near the player he was. Whilst I do not think for a second that Neymar is captain material, it seems odd to upset your best player a couple of weeks before a tournament.
It's our coach. He doesn't care that the team looks like an elderly daycare.

RochaRoja

Yes. They need 2 invited teams to make up the numbers. They normally invite Mexico and USA I think but the gold
Cup is on this year so they had to look further afield.
Gold Cup is a tin pot trophy though. Copa América should take precedence every time.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So who are the favorites? There really are no standout teams. I think Argentina and Brazil both have the strongest chance. The overall quality seems poor in the competition.
Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay are the top 3 in the betting odds, but Argentina is absolutely dire right now.