CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Brazil needs a major title though, haven't won the Copa America since 2007 and world cup since 2002 so bit of a drought for them in both competitions. I do find it odd hardly anything is made of Neymar not winning a major title with Brazil whereas it always gets wheeled out for Messi.
Nobody is arguing Neymar as GOAT, that's why. The funny thing Brazil are odds on to end it without Neymar

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
2 defensive minded midfielders seems really odd to me. Bolivia carry very little counter threat these days especially with Moreno up front. Arthur makes more sense to me instead of Case/Fern

Lampe in goals is worth watching btw, he's one of the best shot stoppers in the world.

Fenomeno9

2 defensive minded midfielders seems really odd to me. Bolivia carry very little counter threat these days especially with Moreno up front. Arthur makes more sense to me instead of Case/Fern

Lampe in goals is worth watching btw, he's one of the best shot stoppers in the world.
Arthur is injured

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Why are there so many Copa Americas in such a short span? 15,16,19 and apparently in 2020 again? My god imagine if there was a euro every other year:lol:

Why is it like that?

This competition just does not have the same mystique as the Euro.(IMO)

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Why are there so many Copa Americas in such a short span? 15,16,19 and apparently in 2020 again? My god imagine if there was a euro every other year:lol:

Why is it like that?

This competition just does not have the same mystique as the Euro.(IMO)
16 was the anniversary one iirc. Thats the exception one, barring that it's every 4 years.

SportingCP96

Supports
I think Brazilians care mostly about

a) the World Cup
b) Brasileirao
c) Libertadores
d) Copa América

in that order.
So it's not really that big of a competition. Like people stop to watch the Euros it feels like a big competition but with Copa America its like "ohh there is a game today"

SportingCP96

Supports
16 was the anniversary one iirc. Thats the exception one, barring that it's every 4 years.
So why is there one next year? Or at least its what I saw. Could be wrong.

SportingCP96

Supports
They're switching to Even years to align with the Euros. After that it'll be back to 4 years.
Ahh I see that would be better I think.

Best chance for Messi to win something with his country then since 2015-20 he will have had 5 different chances all every other year or back to back to win. Pressure will be on for sure.

I think Argentina can win it next year for sure because they will be hosting it and no real competition. Brazil are favorites this year.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Best chance for Messi to win something with his country then since 2015-20 he will have had 5 different chances all every other year or back to back to win. Pressure will be on for sure.

I think Argentina can win it next year for sure because they will be hosting it and no real competition. Brazil are favorites this year.
Pressure for what? He was milles ahead of any player this season and unlike Ronaldo he doesn’t need to post on social media his achievements.

Changing the subject you can’t say no one cares about Copa America. Maybe the Euros globally have more prestige, but certainly is a important competition in South America.

SportingCP96

Supports
Pressure for what? He was milles ahead of any player this season and unlike Ronaldo he doesn’t need to post on social media his achievements.

Changing the subject you can’t say no one cares about Copa America. Maybe the Euros globally have more prestige, but certainly is a important competition in South America.
I never said this season I said pressure for him to win something for Argentina before he retires.

I mean globally no one is really interested in the Copa America compared to say the Euros. Still fun to watch for any football fan I am watching it right now.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I never said this season I said pressure for him to win something for Argentina before he retires.

I mean globally no one is really interested in the Copa America compared to say the Euros. Still fun to watch for any football fan I am watching it right now.

Think it's just a time difference thing. I'm in the UK and my friends who follow football all speak about it but none can watch the games due to the time difference. It definitely peaks people's interest in the UK. If the games were on in the evenings then loads would watch. The AFCON is pretty well followed in the UK as we'll watch any football in Summer that is on TV.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

He has the pressure being the biggest player from Argentina. Judging his quality based on winning with Argentina is ridiculous.

And how do you know no one is interested on Copa America globally? This is typical euro centric view nothing else.

SportingCP96

Supports
Think it's just a time difference thing. I'm in the UK and my friends who follow football all speak about it but none can watch the games due to the time difference. It definitely peaks people's interest in the UK. If the games were on in the evenings then loads would watch. The AFCON is pretty well followed in the UK as we'll watch any football in Summer that is on TV.
I agree on the last part gives you something to watch over the summer.

SportingCP96

Supports
He has the pressure being the biggest player from Argentina. Judging his quality based on winning with Argentina is ridiculous.

And how do you know no one is interested on Copa America globally? This is typical euro centric view nothing else.
Any way you put it 5 Copa Americas in 5 years and no wins would be shocking considering the overall competition. This is not Messi thread so lets leave it at that.

As for the Copa America I am going off of what is see and read and football fans I talk too. We and they all like watching it because it is football just like I will probably watch the Gold Cup and that competition is Mickey Mouse cup. In general though there isn't as much mystique or excitement with this competition compared to the Euros. IMO I will add as this is based off of what I see and the people and or general view of the public I tend to see think about it as well.

SportingCP96

Supports
Brazil have been pretty poor so far.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
God forbid someone has a recap of their year and thanks the fans for their support... lucky to avoid jail for that one with the amount of people it upset.

I guess when he thanked the support of all Portuguese for the help in winning the trophies he forgot to put in an asterix for the FM playing wannabe Guardiolas of this world who spent months shitting on the people who gave everything to give them trophies.

Who cares about reaching international glory and stopping your country for being a laughing stock anyway? Nah, no pressure at all for this tournament. None.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Qatar-Japan final please. Either that or Argentina winning it after finishing third in their group

Eddy_JukeZ

Coutinho :lol:

Liverpool have completely mugged off Barcelona getting 140 mil for him.

A nothing player.

antohan

Any way you put it 5 Copa Americas in 5 years and no wins would be shocking considering the overall competition. This is not Messi thread so lets leave it at that.

As for the Copa America I am going off of what is see and read and football fans I talk too. We and they all like watching it because it is football just like I will probably watch the Gold Cup and that competition is Mickey Mouse cup. In general though there isn't as much mystique or excitement with this competition compared to the Euros. IMO I will add as this is based off of what I see and the people and or general view of the public I tend to see think about it as well.
The Euros have mystique and entertainment? That's news to me. It's one of the most boring tournaments in my book, European teams are pretty good at spending 90 minutes cancelling each other out and leaving you with nothing much to show for the time invested.

Didn't use to be the case (88 was a standout tourno), but the only memorable entertainment I've got from the last few was Pirlo making a fool of Joe Hart. I gather why 2016 would be memorable to you, but it was meh.

SportingCP96

Supports
The Euros have mystique and entertainment? That's news to me. It's one of the most boring tournaments in my book, European teams are pretty good at spending 90 minutes cancelling each other out and leaving you with nothing much to show for the time invested.

Didn't use to be the case (88 was a standout tourno), but the only memorable entertainment I've got from the last few was Pirlo making a fool of Joe Hart. I gather why 2016 would be memorable to you, but it was meh.
2004,08, and 12 was pretty entertaining in my opinion.

And yes it is all the most competitive and strongest nations are the European ones so the level of competition is higher.

Fenomeno9

We are playing our usual unimpressive first game. I can’t remember the last time Brazil started a tournament guns blazing.

antohan

2004,08, and 12 was pretty entertaining in my opinion.

And yes it is all the most competitive and strongest nations are the European ones so the level of competition is higher.
Didn't find 08/12 entertaining, just a couple of good games. 04 was good, granted, the Czechs were sensational, Greece won it... Strong/competitive teams yes, but largely a procession since. You could easily guess the finalists in advance.

SportingCP96

Supports
Didn't find 08/12 entertaining, just a couple of good games. 04 was good, granted, the Czechs were sensational, Greece won it... Strong/competitive teams yes, but largely a procession since. You could easily guess the finalists in advance.
When Spain was in there prime yes but....Greece and Portugal (well maybe not Portugal) were surprise finalist in 04...Spain had never won the competition by 08...Italy in 2012 were not expected finalists neither were Portugal in 16.

Greece, Portugal, Spain(Granted they were even to Germany in my opinion) were all underdog winners as well as they were not the favorites in the final.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Game over.

Defenders need to take seriously learning how to avoid this handballs inside the box. Not escaping the penalties any more.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The only option is to cut off your arms. The rules have become ridiculous.
At the same time, the less interpretation to do, I think it's a good thing. The less the ref have to interpret, the less he has the ability to influence the game in favour of one or another.

A law that applies to everyone the same is not unfair at least.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
God forbid someone has a recap of their year and thanks the fans for their support... lucky to avoid jail for that one with the amount of people it upset.

I guess when he thanked the support of all Portuguese for the help in winning the trophies he forgot to put in an asterix for the FM playing wannabe Guardiolas of this world who spent months shitting on the people who gave everything to give them trophies.

Who cares about reaching international glory and stopping your country for being a laughing stock anyway? Nah, no pressure at all for this tournament. None.
So his PR team needs to remember everyone his records like scoring in the Italian Supercup final? For someone who says that isn’t obsessed with individual trophies it’s really something.

Anyway I don’t have nothing against him I just think he doesn’t need to remember everything he does. At least me, now regarding his detractors who are even more obsessed with everything he does is another story.

By the way if the FM one was directed to me I stopped playing that more than 5 years ago. :lol:

Anyway between Brazil, Argentina or Uruguay we’ll find the winner.

Last edited:

Tostao_80

I see youre infiltrating to have sly digs at Messi. Theres another thread for that.
And you say Argentina wilm have no real competition next year? What of Brazil? Theyre easily one of the best teams in worlx football. Uruguay?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
So it's not really that big of a competition. Like people stop to watch the Euros it feels like a big competition but with Copa America its like "ohh there is a game today"
I think brazilians are not obsessed with winning the Copa America, unlike the WC, where they remember every tiny detail that made them win it or "lose" it.