CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
At the same time, the less interpretation to do, I think it's a good thing. The less the ref have to interpret, the less he has the ability to influence the game in favour of one or another.

A law that applies to everyone the same is not unfair at least.

It massively massively favours big sides though as if they are attacking more then their chances of a penalty are huge. Will basically be a pen every game where a side defends deep as eventually there will be a silly handball.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I see youre infiltrating to have sly digs at Messi. Theres another thread for that.
And you say Argentina wilm have no real competition next year? What of Brazil? Theyre easily one of the best teams in worlx football. Uruguay?
Huh? I was saying something quite obvious it was not a dig at all? If you feel that way then you are too involved in that thread and need a break.

Brazil is there only threat next year and this Uruguay are aging.

Tostao_80

I'd love a Uruguay vs Argentina semis, with Suarez kicking-elbowing the hell out of everyone, so Messi could kick him out of Barça.
Messi loves Luisito, that would never happen. Intriguing game for the Argies. Is Aguero finally gonna have a good tourney for his country? Is Di Maria gonna continue to be a selfish git? And Leo, please play well.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Suarez and Coutinho are apparently shit during the year but then they're major competition as their team's best players during the summer :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Suarez and Coutinho are apparently shit during the year but then they're major competition as their team's best players during the summer :lol:
Cavani has been better than Suarez for a while now. Would have bitten your arm off for Suarez and not Cavani being the injured one against France last Summer.(pun intended)

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Cavani has been better than Suarez for a while now. Would have bitten your arm off for Suarez and not Cavani being the injured one against France last Summer.(pun intended)
Nice :lol:

They were both incredible against us in the round of 16 match, if you're going to win this it's going to be Suarez the one taking you up to that level though. He has a lot more influence on the team overall.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can we get updates about which games are on like we do about the Women's World Cup?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

They were both incredible against us in the round of 16 match, if you're going to win this it's going to be Suarez the one taking you up to that level though. He has a lot more influence on the team overall.
Suarez more influent for Uruguay? Certainly not on the last WC. Having said that don’t know if Cavani had a decent season for PSG to put him above Suarez though.

antohan

Cavani is influential all over the pitch, Suarez "only" upfront. He is important obviously, but I knew before the game even started we would be broken and Suarez completely isolated and easy to deal with.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Can we get updates about which games are on like we do about the Women's World Cup?
Am I able to edit the thread titles or do mods do that?

Tonight
Venezuela vs Peru 8pm UK time
Argentina vs Colombia 11pm UK time

Edit - Seems I can, hope that helps?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Cavani is influential all over the pitch, Suarez "only" upfront. He is important obviously, but I knew before the game even started we would be broken and Suarez completely isolated and easy to deal with.
You thought that after the Portugal game? Where he was taking hoof balls from defense and shitting on us for 90 minutes while you barely crossed the halfway line?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Am I able to edit the thread titles or do mods do that?

Tonight
Venezuela vs Peru 8pm UK time
Argentina vs Colombia 11pm UK time

Edit - Seems I can, hope that helps?
Brilliant, cheers! :D

antohan

You thought that after the Portugal game? Where he was taking hoof balls from defense and shitting on us for 90 minutes while you barely crossed the halfway line?
1. I rated France's defence higher :smirk:
2. He battled and was making the most of the scraps he got, but don't forget he managed that with Cavani's movement also being a factor.

Controlling a lonely Suárez is no big deal: no pace, no height, you just have to avoid contact to prevent set pieces.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think he's been mentioned before but Furinez in goal for Venezuela is very talented young keeper, surprised he hasn't come to europe yet (he plays in Colombia). Peru always fun team to watch, Paolo Guerrero and Farfan still going for them upfront!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Did the guy at the end say "i thought he was dead?"
'I think the guy is dead.' Nice portuguese :D

1. I rated France's defence higher :smirk:
2. He battled and was making the most of the scraps he got, but don't forget he managed that with Cavani's movement also being a factor.

Controlling a lonely Suárez is no big deal: no pace, no height, you just have to avoid contact to prevent set pieces.
Which is very tough because he's great at the black arts of football and can get a foul out of any situation. His performance vs Portugal at the World Cup was the best match I remember a player playing against us in ages. Cavani scored 2 but Suarez was a monster that day.

I remember him being pretty poor in the group stages though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
After what I just said, Furinez was really poor there, also seems to have been badly injured in collision.

1-0 Peru.

VAR rules it out, offside.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
wow incredible what Peru had just missed (well, merit to the Venezuelan keeper, what a fecking save).

Venezuela now holding up for the draw with 10 men.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can't believe that this is still 0-0. Peru created numerous chances but weren't able to capitalise on them. Venezuela have been quite solid, however.

George Owen

Think he's been mentioned before but Furinez in goal for Venezuela is very talented young keeper, surprised he hasn't come to europe yet (he plays in Colombia). Peru always fun team to watch, Paolo Guerrero and Farfan still going for them upfront!
My MOTM for today's game. Looks very good.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
My MOTM for today's game. Looks very good.
Yes he makes great saves, little weak on crosses though today. Two poor punches which lead to VAR disallowing the goal and another which was a scramble in six yard box.

Good point for Venezuela in the end especially being down to 10 men for last 20 minutes.

George Owen

Yes he makes great saves, little weak on crosses though today. Two poor punches which lead to VAR disallowing the goal and another which was a scramble in six yard box.

Good point for Venezuela in the end especially being down to 10 men for last 20 minutes.
Yes, reminded me a little bit of our David dealing with those crosses hahah, but at 21 years old, safe to say he has plenty time to improve those aspects.

Argentina vs Colombia next, should be a cracker.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Argentina tonight:

Armani

Saravia
Otamendi
Pezzella
Tagliafico

Paredes
Guido Rodriguez
Lo Celso

Di Maria
Aguero
Messi

Don't know Rodriguez well but other two should be major improvement on their midfield in the world cup. Lo Celso in great form should provide decent ball to front three aswell.

izec

The team is more balanced than at the world cup. Some selections are still baffling, but i dont rate Scaloni at all.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Curious to watch Saravia, just signed for Porto and he came with a lot of hype.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Are teams banned from wearing yellow? First Brazil, now Colombia...

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So, is it true that Dybala and Messi CAN'T play together?
Dybala can’t play with Ronaldo either. I used to like him a lot as a player, but he isn’t versatile at all. Needs everything built around him. And he just isn’t good enough for that.