Cadiz vs Manchester United | Match Thread

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Did they even show replay of the goal??
About 5 minutes after it went in.

Probably just took that long for the sixth form media studies student MUTV have directing to find the right button.

lex talionis

Looked offside, but let that be a lesson to our young defenders to not give up and raise your arm and assume the linesman will take care of everything.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Its difficult for the kids. You can see the potential but they lack the physicality to keep up with pros over the distance.

pogbasformerbarber

That was so offsides it should be embarrassing for the linesman...I guess we have the B team refs as well today...

King Eric 7

Was a very tight offside call actually. A lot closer than I thought initially.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I remember Blackett starting decently under Van Gaal in a few games(but ultimately was found out and not good enough) which is already more than what Elanga has shown for us. I also remember some electric performances from Brandon Williams which against is more than what can be said of Elanga.
Those posters are just being top reds, will take them some time to finally realise it.

diarm

Even the lad who scored it thought he was offside!

maverickjesus

If you go frame by frame on the Giflord video it was onside, no effort to defend from that donkey on the far post

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Would have preferred Gore over Savage. Savage has a lovely passing and shooting technique but not a modern footballer at all. Can't deal with the tempo, not press resistent and slow (generally). Gore and Mainoo really have a shot to make it here.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Amazing, Cadiz has only scored 9 in their league so far and they’ve got 3 against us today.
Well, yeah? In a lot of cases it's seasoned La Liga players vs lads who have the Papa John's Trophy as the highest level of football they've played at so far.

Telsim

Just wait and see where Elanga ends up. Some of those put in better performances than he does, he's constantly one of the worst players on the pitch. Awful player.

Not a PL player in my view, time will tell.
He is not a PL player. He has never shown anything at all to even suggest he is a PL player. I can't believe someone would look at him and think "Oh yeah, he has a chance to make it here". He is young and fast. Players like this are a dime a dozen.

lex talionis

Quick reminder that this is just a friendly, primarily for the benefit of young players, against a proper La Liga club.

In Rainbows

Those posters are just being top reds, will take them some time to finally realise it.
No his memory just isn't great in this instance. Blackett didn't even deserve to even get a chance at first team level. That's how bad he was at youth level. Elanga scored a couple of goals which is more than Blackett ever did at first team level (relative to their respective positions). I was calling out Blackett at the time for this exact thing you're doing with Elanga. Now Elanga should go on loan to the Championship so I'm not even disagreeing with you and Santoryo's larger point, but even having said that, Blackett was worse. It's no contest.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Was worried about Shola for a moment there.

BarstoolProphet

What makes Elanga better than any of those names mentioned? In fact I can remember the likes of Tyler Blackett(under Van Gaal) and Brandon Williams putting in some pretty decent games for us but ultimately weren't good enough. Elanga is as bad if not worse than the names above.
Blackett was atrocious from the get go. He only got in due to having a left foot. I don't think Elanga is not good enough at all for United, but at the same time atleast he shows some talent unlike the likes of Blackett and Donald Love.

Gordon S

Cadiz players look delighted! They now they are playing some half decent teenagers right?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He is not a PL player. He has never shown anything at all to even suggest he is a PL player. I can't believe someone would look at him and think "Oh yeah, he has a chance to make it here". He is young and fast. Players like this are a dime a dozen.
Been genuinely awful for us, must admit that I liked him more at youth level but genuinely a nothing player.

My post on Savage just played out exactly now. Wonder how long it will take this club.

TheReligion

Abusive
So embarrassing this.

No one will want to buy the club.

Disaster. We’ve missed a real opportunity to showcase ourselves to the best investors. Only an idiot would pick United over Liverpool now.