Can Conte win a title for Spurs?

Stringer

So you would have expected us to beat them in that case, which we did yet you still feel the need to criticise.
No, I just found it funny that you hyped up beating Brighton away and ignored the context in which it took place. Fair enough, it was a decent win but hardly something to write home about. Spurs still looked poor against both Chelsea and Arsenal who are their actual competitors.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No, I just found it funny that you hyped up beating Brighton away and ignored the context in which it took place. Fair enough, it was a decent win but hardly something to write home about. Spurs still looked poor against both Chelsea and Arsenal who are their actual competitors.
I'm just saying it was a good result against a decent team in response to someone saying other than Chelsea and arsenal we haven't played anyone decent.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think he will be on the first plane to Turin if Allegri gets the boot and Juve call

TheReligion

Abusive
Let's see what happens on Wednesday. Like I said we rarely get anything from Old Trafford so it will be a big test for us. At the end of the day there are no easy games in this league and you have to get results off the 'lesser' clubs to do anything. We are doing this consistently so far.
Sure. I’ll admit that I don’t particularly enjoy how you play and it does remind me very much of Jose at United. I can guarantee if it were United posters would be complaining on here about it if the roles reversed (I know, we are always complaining!).

I think people have reservations due to how far away you looked from Arsenal (who both Liverpool and United have given a game to) and Chelsea (who weren’t particularly great at that point under Tuchel). You do seem to conceded plenty of chances which I find unusual under Conte.

I’m sure you’ll be delighted just going about your business though under the radar. Top 4 simply has to be the aim and perhaps how you get that this season doesn’t really matter that much.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sure. I’ll admit that I don’t particularly enjoy how you play and it does remind me very much of Jose at United. I can guarantee if it were United posters would be complaining on here about it if the roles reversed (I know, we are always complaining!).

I think people have reservations due to how far away you looked from Arsenal (who both Liverpool and United have given a game to) and Chelsea (who weren’t particularly great at that point under Tuchel). You do seem to conceded plenty of chances which I find unusual under Conte.

I’m sure you’ll be delighted just going about your business though under the radar. Top 4 simply has to be the aim and perhaps how you get that this season doesn’t really matter that much.
Yeah pretty much how I see it as well and yes I'm very happy with how it's going. There are some Spurs supporters complaining about how we play but I honestly think they are mental. Conte has been incredible for us.

Conor

Considering we beat Brighton away last week who had not lost at home for almost a year I'd say you are talking shite. Big game on Wednesday of course, we rarely get anything from Old Trafford.
Yeah, Brighton who have had absolutely nothing happen to them recently...

Average place of the teams you've beaten is 15th.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

He is pushing to win the League, though, which is as far fetched as City would kindly allow. He is also pushing to beat Pochettino’s 86 points and say he however established a new benchmark for the franchise and couldn’t do more in the given circumstances. At worst, all this huffing & puffing should get them a comfortable top 4.

The “reservations of people” in front of such results and the underlying strategy are just………. meh.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Win against mid lower table teams try to get draw away from home against top teams try to win matches against top teams at home. It's conte formula.

So for he got what he wanted and stay in contention for league. Nothing wrong with that. Slowly integrating new recruitments. Spurs will be there as long as title winning points under 90.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Did I hear correct Richarlison suffered an injury? I'm crossing my fingers for the results of the extent of his injury.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Did I hear correct Richarlison suffered an injury? I'm crossing my fingers for the results of the extent of his injury.
Yeah it was his calf. He was devastated after the game so it could be a bad one which would rule him out of the world cup for Brazil. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah it was his calf. He was devastated after the game so it could be a bad one which would rule him out of the world cup for Brazil. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as that.
I hope for Spurs sake it's not as bad, like you say. But I'm a Thiago fan.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
What happened to that Kulusevski guy? I thought he looked quite good for Spurs the times I seen him playing.

Chief123

Not only do we have one of the top 2 strikers in world football, we also have one of the best central CM pairings in the premiership in Hoberg and Bentancur, spurs will be pushing city the hardest come the end of the season.
Hojberg and Bentancur :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think he will be on the first plane to Turin if Allegri gets the boot and Juve call
His relationship with juve has taken a turn for worse ever since he left so I doubt that, his inter stint certainly didn't endear him to juve fans either.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Hojberg and Bentancur :lol:
Well they are good at what they do I guess, they just have very little creativity in that space and can often find themselves against 3 man midfields. They have too many players that are the same in that midfield area, should have brought in a player with an eye for a pass instead of Bissouma.

Chief123

Are spurs fans getting giddy again?

They’ve looked awful in virtually all their games this season.

The 2 times they came up against a decent team in Chelsea and Arsenal, they got absolutely spanked. They got away with daylight robbery at Stamford bridge stealing a point. Against Arsenal they were lucky it wasn’t more than 3 goals.

They’ll do very well just to get top 4. Forget about any kind of title challenge.

Chief123

Well they are good at what they do I guess, they just have very little creativity in that space and can often find themselves against 3 man midfields. They have too many players that are the same in that midfield area, should have brought in a player with an eye for a pass instead of Bissouma.
If you put Hojberg and Bentancur in any team in the league that parks the bus with 5 defenders behind them, they’d look competent. They are both bang average players.

Judas

Open to offers
If this Spurs team playing like this ends up "comfortably" top 4, what on earth does that say for the quality of this league right now? :lol: still a long way to go, I'd dread to think this level of performance can carry on getting so many points.

Judas

Open to offers
Oh yeah we're playing them on Wednesday.

They are a superb team and without a doubt will batter us. Conte is incredible, and honestly if Spurs don't win the league, City will have done something truly extraordinary to stop them.

AkaAkuma

He’s performing as Nuno would have been expected to if he were successful and in that situation the fans would be calling for a more progressive manager.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He’s performing as Nuno would have been expected to if he were successful and in that situation the fans would be calling for a more progressive manager.
This is literally the best start to a premier league season ever for our club.

Idxomer

They are playing very well all in the league and I don't think any of their wins were underserved except maybe against Brighton.

They're a bit boring but Conte's teams have always been too calculated and there's not much space for unpredictability.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Oh yeah we're playing them on Wednesday.

They are a superb team and without a doubt will batter us. Conte is incredible, and honestly if Spurs don't win the league, City will have done something truly extraordinary to stop them.
Yeah that's exactly what everyone is saying

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If you put Hojberg and Bentancur in any team in the league that parks the bus with 5 defenders behind them, they’d look competent. They are both bang average players.
You clearly haven't watched them enough. Especially Bentancur who is an absolute gem of a player.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Utd will batter them Wednesday for certain. Spurs haven't got a good performance in them, they are just pro's as sucking the life out of the sport and shithousing results. They will deploy the 8-0-2 and hope for a bit of magic.

No doubt Utd will have to score more than 1 as Sir Harry will inevitably get his customary free shot from 12 yards, but I think Utd will score 3.

A high profile manager needs to call out the amount of pens they get in the media, and that will impact their results.

Last edited:

Chief123

You clearly haven't watched them enough. Especially Bentancur who is an absolute gem of a player.
Watched most of the games and he isn’t all that mate. Spurs haven’t had the best midfielders recently so anyone would look a gem now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If this Spurs team playing like this ends up "comfortably" top 4, what on earth does that say for the quality of this league right now? :lol: still a long way to go, I'd dread to think this level of performance can carry on getting so many points.
Only City and Arsenal are playing dominant football where they look like winning every game at the moment. We certainly aren't, which leaves Chelsea who sacked their manager but are starting to look decent again and Liverpool who are still good going forward but shaky at the back.
Spurs are ugly but effective, solid at the back but with Kane, Son and Richarlison for plenty of goals where we will fall short.

Idxomer

Only City and Arsenal are playing dominant football where they look like winning every game at the moment. We certainly aren't, which leaves Chelsea who sacked their manager but are starting to look decent again and Liverpool who are still good going forward but shaky at the back.
Spurs are ugly but effective, solid at the back but with Kane, Son and Richarlison for plenty of goals where we will fall short.
He shouldn't be included here, he has never been prolific and his performances haven't exactly been great so far.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've seen almost every minute of Spurs this season. There is little doubt that Conte has made you harder to beat. Very organised. You seem well drilled in those moments where a quick attacking transition (counter attack) presents itself. Those are the positives

The negatives are that it's almost always a tough watch, and the common theme in most of your fixtures is that the result could have gone either way. You create a handful of chances, and you give up a handful of chances, and the variance has been very much with you so far. It's likely that won't last.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Are spurs fans getting giddy again?

They’ve looked awful in virtually all their games this season.
I think this is more to do with Conte ball, it is not pretty. Sit in a low block, cede possession, 5 across the back, soak up pressure, try and restrict the other team to shots from range then hit with fast counters.

But it's effective, they have scored 22 goals in 10 games, more than everyone in the league except City and Arsenal. City are on another level, to everyone, so I take them out of the equation, but Spurs right up there in that next block of teams. Kane has quietly moved up to 2nd on the goals scored chart, but you don't hear anything about it because of how crazy Haaland has been. Spurs are a tough to beat team under Conte.

I think you are doing them a disservice, they are both DM's, not flashy, not progressive, but they are very good at what they do. Who are the better DM's in the league? Hojbjerg has been putting up some impressive stats I thought recently?

Josh 76

I've seen almost every minute of Spurs this season. There is little doubt that Conte has made you harder to beat. Very organised. You seem well drilled in those moments where a quick attacking transition (counter attack) presents itself. Those are the positives

The negatives are that it's almost always a tough watch, and the common theme in most of your fixtures is that the result could have gone either way. You create a handful of chances, and you give up a handful of chances, and the variance has been very much with you so far. It's likely that won't last.
A bit like when Utd finished 2nd under Ole. It was like “how the feck did that happen”.