Can Girona win La Liga? | 115 charges' trophies to be exhibited in Girona

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If they win La Liga they won't be able to compete in UCL which is quite frankly hilarious considering they're owned by the City Football Group

Hammondo

But, but, but - until now it was corrupted by people who were close to Madrid and fit well into generally acceptable system of corruption (GAS-C)
So your solution to corrupt is more corruption?

Ole'sgunnarwin

If they win La Liga they won't be able to compete in UCL which is quite frankly hilarious considering they're owned by the City Football Group
All they need to do is ask UEFA for permission. There's no way it would be denied.

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Who have been the standout performers this year? Got to watch some of the match against Atletico and Yan Couto looked good quite (and subsequently found out he was loaned from City of course). I've seen some Dovbyk headlines but I'm unsure if that's the "star" of the team.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was just looking through their squad. Didn't know Blind was there!

Nice to see Stuani still going. One of those players notable to me because I once did well with a representation of him on Football Manager.

Look to have done well with the couple of Ukrainian signings.

I believe they can due to City Football Group owning under 50%. It's 47% they have.

10 points clear of 5th, in a great position to qualify.

Bertie Wooster

I believe they can due to City Football Group owning under 50%. It's 47% they have.

Yeah, the City First Group and their expensive lawyers will be well on top of all the loopholes that allowed the Red Bull teams to play in the same European competition.

It's all about claiming you only own certain percentage, or that different people own it not the same ones, etc. They know their way around all of that stuff by now so they'll both be able to enter it, I'm sure.

Pes6Monster

Epic win over Atletico the other day. Title charge continues. I want to like these guys so badly. One of my best friends lives in Girona and any team other than Barca/Real doing well is so refreshing but but but…
If Girona won La Liga with Mark E Smith and your nan up front, it's still sportswashing.

Since no one cares about current corruption, yes. More corruption, more oligarchs, more levers... maybe it'll shock people into finally fixing the whole thing
If 'nobody cares' now (false), why do you think they suddenly will afterward?

Galling considering the club's major owners are pro-Putin. They had him over in December and refuse (alongside Saudi Arabia) to ratify his international arrest warrant.

Agueroooooooooooo!

Ole'sgunnarwin

Was just looking through their squad. Didn't know Blind was there!

Nice to see Stuani still going. One of those players notable to me because I once did well with a representation of him on Football Manager.

Blind has been excellent for them, best I've seen him play in his career. Seems very popular with players and fans. Really impressed that he was 33 with United 8 years ago and is still 33. He's been excellent despite his lack of pace and aging.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Are people still discussing a ban from UEFA because they're owned by City Group? They narrowly missed out on a European Conference League spot last season, but, since it was a possibility, they actually sent their file to UEFA asking for permission to play in Europe. And, later in May, UEFA licensed them as they found nothing untoward in the attached documents.

Hammondo

Since no one cares about current corruption, yes. More corruption, more oligarchs, more levers... maybe it'll shock people into finally fixing the whole thing
Pure chaos, corruption Vs corruption.

Jev

Are people still discussing a ban from UEFA because they're owned by City Group? They narrowly missed out on a European Conference League spot last season, but, since it was a possibility, they actually sent their file to UEFA asking for permission to play in Europe. And, later in May, UEFA licensed them as they found nothing untoward in the attached documents.
Plus Salzburg and Leipzig have participated in the same Champions League. No chance Girona will be banned.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
They're probably testing the newest PEDs for Pep.

Looks like it's a decent batch.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Blind has been excellent for them, best I've seen him play in his career. Seems very popular with players and fans. Really impressed that he was 33 with United 8 years ago and is still 33. He's been excellent despite his lack of pace and aging.
He even scored against Atletico. His first goal since his goal at the WC against the US for the Dutch NT.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who have been the standout performers this year? Got to watch some of the match against Atletico and Yan Couto looked good quite (and subsequently found out he was loaned from City of course). I've seen some Dovbyk headlines but I'm unsure if that's the "star" of the team.
The manager, Michel(who has apparently attracted attention from Bayern), Savinho, who might show up at city next year, and Aleix Garcia, their midfield string puller

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lots of technical quality in midfield. Loved watching Pablo Torre the other night, he played a few games for Barca last season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Daley Blind. Arguably the best CB in the league this season. (I haven’t seen a single Girona game)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
All they need to do is ask UEFA for permission. There's no way it would be denied.
But then they’d have to stop city from entering it? Only 1 team with the same owners can enter the tournament can’t they?

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
He has a knack of winning league titles. This will be his 9th in 13 years.
The only team he never won the league with is....United. Every other team he won the league every year at Ajax and Bayern and now maybe even with Girona. Bless him.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
So your solution to corrupt is more corruption?
No, my friend. I hate all corruption, but I also cannot help noticing how usually the loudest ones "crying wolf" against new corruption are the ones who want to preserve their existing corruption.

I think fans should see through that bullshit and don't let old or new assholes manipulate their emotions

Pes6Monster

No, my friend. I hate all corruption, but I also cannot help noticing how usually the loudest ones "crying wolf" against new corruption are the ones who want to preserve their existing corruption.

I think fans should see through that bullshit and don't let old or new assholes manipulate their emotions
When you support CFG clubs like Girona, you support corruption.

Don't dither into false equivalences, whataboutery and attacking critics. The archetypical triptych of sportswashing advocates.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

United's league position means it's pretty unlikely they'll both qualify this season anyway. Not really a bridge we need to cross right now.
As i mentioned in my previous post, our current league position doesn't say much. If we are near any of the European spots, and the chances are that we'll be even if we fail to qualify, we'll soon have to send our file to UEFA to get licensed for next season's European competitions. Just like Girona did last season, and they got the green light (but failed to qualify in the end). UEFA has already made sure the rules are lax enough for this to be a non-issue. If the distinction between majority and minority owners doesn't do the trick, a supposedly independent company can be put in place as a front for one of the clubs. Ratcliffe is a minority owner and, unless i'm mistaken, it isn't "officially" INEOS who acquired United's shares, but another company.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Girona City? Yuk. I'd rather Real Madrid win it.
Be funny to see Real and Barca lose their league title to City's B team. For me, it is karma for ruining La Liga and then trying to create a Super League.

thisisnottaken1

The only team he never won the league with is....United. Every other team he won the league every year at Ajax and Bayern and now maybe even with Girona. Bless him.
That’s going to be in one of those memes on Facebook that’s used to try and piss off United fans because it means more engagement.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't watch the game 0-0 vs Almeria but I just saw Almeria had 20 shots and Girona had 5 so maybe they are showing signs of exhaustation already.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't watch the game 0-0 vs Almeria but I just saw Almeria had 20 shots and Girona had 5 so maybe they are showing signs of exhaustation already.
They just had a bad game

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Looks like they're running out of steam. Haven't been the same the last few weeks.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Looks like they're running out of steam. Haven't been the same the last few weeks.
That VAR intervention was a bit harsh but yeah. RS all over them in the second half. Think we should be dealing with them without many problems at the SB.

Just need our dummies at the back stop leaking goals.