Can Girona win La Liga? | 115 charges' trophies to be exhibited in Girona

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
They overwhelm most la liga sides, but they really leave themselves open on the defense, all you need is quality and pace upfront.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They overwhelm most la liga sides, but they really leave themselves open on the defense, all you need is quality and pace upfront.
Yup. For as good as they've been and the season they're having, FC Negreira and the Pateticos losing to them were frankly inexcusable

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yup. For as good as they've been and the season they're having, FC Negreira and the Pateticos losing to them were frankly inexcusable
Atletico really just is an obstacle for us this season though, they have all their best games against us in particular, strange stuff.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
How remarkably small time is this?

Why on earth would Girona or their fans give a single feck about City winning the treble? :lol:

I know they share ownership of course but this is incredibly strange

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Why on earth would Girona or their fans give a single feck about City winning the treble? :lol:

I know they share ownership of course but this is incredibly strange
To get a preview of City Football Group's power once they're kicked out of the PL. Girona CL Winners 2032 :cool:

JogaBonitoRooney

Yeah this is too weird. These two could be competing with each other in the CL. This shouldn't be allowed.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
This is really really weird and highlights a lot of problems of modern football and of the multiple ownership system.

There is no reason and no defence for this.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I also wonder how many people already forgot City even won the treble in the first place. Or Heck even cared enough to know about it in the first place. Such a low buzz club.

Sgreddevil

Girona will disrupt and spoil the league like what Man City has done to the PL. Very soon we can expect the owner to create a similar team in other major leagues like Italy, Germany to disrupt the conpetition artifically through unfair practices. Doom is coming for football if 115 still don't get punished adequately to prevent that

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
"Be a good little feeder club and we might let you get some of this success"*.

*not the CL though, that's for our "flagship" club.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

I don't think there's anything weird about it. In the light of City Group's practices being questioned and with both the PL and UEFA wagging a finger at them, this serves as a message: "We don't care and we never will". It is crass, but the bodies that (presumably) want to restrain CG now are the ones who allowed them to turn the game into their own playground in the first place.

RoyH1

Multi-club ownership is a cancer in the fabric of the sport. But FIFA and UEFA won't move a finger because they love their money more than they love football. That's why even when I don't like the Superleague project as a whole due to it's elitism and commercialization, I do think that they have a much higher motivation to address and combat these kinds of competition distorting issues.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Girona will disrupt and spoil the league like what Man City has done to the PL. Very soon we can expect the owner to create a similar team in other major leagues like Italy, Germany to disrupt the conpetition artifically through unfair practices. Doom is coming for football if 115 still don't get punished adequately to prevent that
Ah, the "healthy" league that is La Liga, soon to be spoiled by... checks notes... Girona

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
I can't see Girona disrupting the Barca, Real, Atlético big 3 If they are going to sell their best players to City.

Zen86

It's not healthier at all. But let's not be ridiculous. Multi club ownership can and should be criticized without making statements that aren't true
Well, they strong-armed City to the top of the PL easily enough. It’s not crazy to suggest they can do the same again in an overall weaker league.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well, they strong-armed City to the top of the PL easily enough. It’s not crazy to suggest they can do the same again in an overall weaker league.
With more stringent FFP and profitability rules in Spanish and European competition, I think it's harder for clubs to come in and simply splurge their way to the top (look at Newcastle).

They have an advantage in terms of being plugged into a multi club network which gives them a talent and administrarive advantage over similarly sized clubs (an unfair advantage which should be banned) but that alone won't be enough to have them dominate a league occupied by Real Madrid and Barcelona.

And my original comment scoffed at the idea that the league (La Liga) wasn't already spoiled. Isn't that why Perez and Laporta are trying to ditch their league and create the Super League?