Can we talk about how bad Daniel Levy is for Spurs yet?

diarm

All my Spuds mates where giving it large when they had a few top four finishes and where building their Cheeseroom. For that, I would, and am not, as merciful.
You're not wrong. Spurs fans are the absolute worst.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The only thing that could make this madness even more enjoyable than it already is is if it were happening to that revolting club called Arsenal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The fans revolting against them hiring Gattuso due to his shit managerial history, his anti-women in football comments, his comments against LGBTQ marriages, and his comments defending racist behavior.... full on meltdown at Spurs.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
The fans revolting against them hiring Gattuso due to his shit managerial history, his anti-women in football comments, his comments against LGBTQ marriages, and his comments defending racist behavior.... full on meltdown at Spurs.
It's a decent list of objectionable qualities tbf.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Can someone explain what that top part means”cover economic differences on the fiscal side.” Then with the verbal agreement... Did they agree to a wage and Levy said nah feck it last minute? Or is it PF said 10 million levy said 8 couldn’t come to an agreement.
There’s a difference in the tax rates between Italy and UK,.

Presumably Spurs won’t cover that difference.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Can someone explain what that top part means”cover economic differences on the fiscal side.” Then with the verbal agreement... Did they agree to a wage and Levy said nah feck it last minute? Or is it PF said 10 million levy said 8 couldn’t come to an agreement.
I think Gattuso was just higher on the list and he suddenly became available. I feel like the Tax issue is just a line for all parties to save face. What’s the bets he’s going to end up pulling a Jose?

BlackShark_80

I think Gattuso was just higher on the list and he suddenly became available. I feel like the Tax issue is just a line for all parties to save face. What’s the bets he’s going to end up pulling a Jose?
Yes, their tier 1 journo said that was the main reason why Spurs suddenly dropped Fonseca

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Circus. Shambles.

I and many others have said, just how utterly awful Levy is as a chief exec.

"Oh but the new stadium" - utter bollocks.

Will be more known for NFL games and Coldplay concerts than a Mecca of London football.

I live for being proved right and he is doing his ever best to prove me right.

justsomebloke

It's hard to avoid a strong suspicion that when Gattuso suddenly became available they saw that as a better option, and then simply pulled the plug on Fonseca, with both sides preferring the tax issue as a preferable public explanation.

MDFC Manager

Wonder if all these shenanigans will kill off the cult of Levy for once and all.

He's just got lucky thru the last decade or so, is all.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Please let it be Fat Sam. It would bring a whole new meaning to the Spud Bowl.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'm sure there is much more relaxed tax laws in Italy for top sportsmen/women, and if Fonseca had come to the prem right now, he'd have had to pay some money back.

So let's say perhaps he'd have to pay 1m back if he joined Spurs, he's asked Levy to make it up to him, in bonuses or whatever, and he's said no. So effectively he'd have taken a new job, but lost a 1m in doing so, unless Levy had agreed to cover the amount

Just a guess. But the bit about tax in Italy is correct

The Firestarter

Those mentioning Big Sam, purely a joke right ? That name can't possibly have been mentioned in the same sentence as Spurs. Right ?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How many unemployed experienced Serie A managers are left in Paratici's rolodex?

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I think Levy has always been a shroud businessman, he definitely gets involved in the running of the transfer policy too much, however, he manages the budget incredibly well.

Unfronatly fan and managers don't what to hear about managing budgets they want to hear about the next big money shiny toy they are going to get.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Closer to winning the champions league than we've been in almost a decade

krentz

Yes, their tier 1 journo said that was the main reason why Spurs suddenly dropped Fonseca

I sense face-saving by Levy. Also Paratici wanted to take Gattusso to Juve when simone Inzaghi was available? I'm more and more convinced that Levy has made a mistake appointing him.

You're not wrong. Spurs fans are the absolute worst.
Nothing in comparison to Arsenal fans, they're just the worst.

Ludens the Red

Before I watched the Spurs documentary I thought Levy was this cold, calculated, astute and intelligent man.
What was clear during that documentary is that he is none of those things.
Hes actually kind of an idiot. Kind of spineless, easily influenced, an attention seeker and makes rash and bad decisions.

The stuff with Danny Rose where he seemingly didn’t have the balls to tell him like it was. Milan interested? Do me favour.
His weird fanboyish behaviour with Mourinho. Only to of course sack him days before a cup final and bring in the most uninspiring of caretaker managers ever.
Everybody seemed to talk over him in that documentary.

Publicly courting all these managers instead of keeping it in house and preventing the now embarrassing episode Spurs are caught up in.

I thought Ed Woodward was bad but this guy takes it to another level. He’s lucky that he had two very good managers in Pochettino and Redknapp at different times masking his clear incompetence.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Who could have seen Spurs' season unfolding like it has with a player he tried to do over completely shutting down and a manager who couldn't believe himself he got the job, completely tanking?

Are these Levy masterstrokes or not? It's a rhetorical question -_-

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Glaston used to speak of Levy as though he was a demi-god.

Funny how perceptions change over time.

Not taking even 100 million for a 27/28 year old who wanted to leave, could be one of his poorest decisions of all

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Personally I hope he stays as long as possible.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Somehow with luck hire a good manager like Poch - everything looks good from structure to recruitment.

Hire average/poor managers - everything looks poor.