Can we talk about how bad Daniel Levy is for Spurs yet?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Who could have seen Spurs' season unfolding like it has with a player he tried to do over completely shutting down and a manager who couldn't believe himself he got the job, completely tanking?

Are these Levy masterstrokes or not? It's a rhetorical question -_-
Kane: hindsight (unless you genuinely think he is phoning it in - nonsense take)

Nuno: bad appointment, but apparently club managements are rated on how quickly they sack managers, not their ability to hire good managers

Overall he had Spurs punching above their weight for a good while... It'll take more to establish the thesis that Levy is bad for Spurs

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He’ll be spoken of as a demigod again if they get Conte and win something.
That just won't happen.

Conte and Spurs is just Mourinho at Spurs but a modern version.

Conte isn't going to be able to get what he wants from Levy, 1/10th of the time.

Needham

Anything can happen with the right lucky appointment. Look at West Ham. But Levy will have to get his pockets re-sown. They are the longest in world football.

BlackShark_80

Tottenham are ready to go hard for Conte, who this time could say yes.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't know much as to the finer details of his running of the club but his taste in managers is atrocious.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wish he would feck off out of my club. I've been saying this for years now. There will be huge calls for him to leave at the Utd match on Thursday. The atmosphere around the club is toxic and almost every supporter hates him now.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I wish he would feck off out of my club. I've been saying this for years now. There will be huge calls for him to leave at the Utd match on Thursday. The atmosphere around the club is toxic and almost every supporter hates him now.
Does he interact with you (the fans) at all, or is he an island type?

Even if he believed at one time he worked for the best interests of the club, it's time to swallow his pride and accept the job is beyond him and that he is the root of so many of your problems.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Levy v Woodward? Who is worse?
Levy by some margin for me. Woodward was out of his depth but a good manager could've guided him; he was like a lost puppy willing to serve, he just didn't have a clue what he was doing.

Levy is tanking Spurs on every level related to football and believes he's beyond reproach - any manager tells him the truth is likely to be canned, not listened to.

RoyH1

Everyone thinks he's a special genius because of the new stadium but he's clueless when it comes to football matters. He should sell the club . I'm sure some oil rich state with no history would gladly take a London club in order to market themselves.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Does he interact with you (the fans) at all, or is he an island type?

Even if he believed at one time he worked for the best interests of the club, it's time to swallow his pride and accept the job is beyond him and that he is the root of so many of your problems.
Very little communication at all and when he does his attitude is that the club is doing great. Business wise that may be true but as a football club nowhere near where us the fans want to be. He only cares about the balance sheet. He micro managed everything and consistently meddles in the football side, overruling directors of football and managers on signings. He is a disaster.

gajender

Everyone thinks he's a special genius because of the new stadium but he's clueless when it comes to football matters. He should sell the club . I'm sure some oil rich state with no history would gladly take a London club in order to market themselves.
I don't think they would not for the kind of money Tottenham would sell for , they have mostly gone for Clubs where initial investment was quite low and then propped them Up .

United represents a Unique opportunity Tottenham not so much .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't think they would not for the kind of money Tottenham would sell for , they have mostly gone for Clubs where initial investment was quite low and then propped them Up .

United represents a Unique opportunity Tottenham not so much .
Tottenham have all the required infrastructure already updated and in place though. Whoever buys Utd will need to spend a fortune updating your stadium, etc. London is also a huge plus for Spurs.

bringbackbebe

The Spurs fans who grew up in the era of Alan Sugar will still see Levy as an upgrade. Not sure if that's a benchmark.

ROFLUTION

Levy v Woodward? Who is worse?
Easily Woodward - He has mostly just destroyed stuff and has United paying overprices due to stupid statements like "we can do stuff in the market others cant". Then there's just mismanagement, wrong employment, stadium in a terrible condition - there's not much good to say about Woodward. The money (which has actually been there to some extent) have been wasted in the extremes. At least Spurs have got a new stadium.

Levy has gotten Spurs to where they are, but the last couple of years have been really bad sports-wise. They need someone new probably - maybe Levy even sees that when thinking of the rumours of selling Spurs.

gajender

Tottenham have all the required infrastructure already updated and in place though. Whoever buys Utd will need to spend a fortune updating your stadium, etc.
United is one of the Crown Jewel of football despite its recent struggles that's why the interest even on such high valuations .

But if we go by general pattern of ME investments in football clubs they have hardly invested big money to buy Clubs they have mostly gone for Clubs in distress with small valuations and then themselves developed them over a period of time . Tottenham would require initial investment of around 2-3 billion just to buy the Club which just doesn't seem their mo but I may be wrong .

Traub

Tottenham have all the required infrastructure already updated and in place though. Whoever buys Utd will need to spend a fortune updating your stadium, etc. London is also a huge plus for Spurs.
Ya Spurs are basically a better version of City when they were bought by Abu Dhabi. However, a couple of key issues right now:
1. Levy would probably demand an obscene amount, over and above which a fortune needs to be spent on players. I suppose for an oil state it's not really an issue, as the stadium redevelopment - especially in London - would be the biggest cost.
2. Which oil states are left? Saudi and Emirates already have teams - so it's only Qatar if the United deal falls through. Maybe Oman but I don't think they're in the business yet.

redNATION

Ya Spurs are basically a better version of City when they were bought by Abu Dhabi. However, a couple of key issues right now:
1. Levy would probably demand an obscene amount, over and above which a fortune needs to be spent on players. I suppose for an oil state it's not really an issue, as the stadium redevelopment - especially in London - would be the biggest cost.
2. Which oil states are left? Saudi and Emirates already have teams - so it's only Qatar if the United deal falls through. Maybe Oman but I don't think they're in the business yet.
Oman don’t have enough money, it’s not a rich country. Kuwait is the only other obscenely wealthy oil state but they’re far too sensible to get involved in football, they have a reputation for being more business-like than the likes of Saudi and UAE in their investments.

cyberman

Easily Woodward - He has mostly just destroyed stuff and has United paying overprices due to stupid statements like "we can do stuff in the market others cant". Then there's just mismanagement, wrong employment, stadium in a terrible condition - there's not much good to say about Woodward. The money (which has actually been there to some extent) have been wasted in the extremes. At least Spurs have got a new stadium.

Levy has gotten Spurs to where they are, but the last couple of years have been really bad sports-wise. They need someone new probably - maybe Levy even sees that when thinking of the rumours of selling Spurs.
Levy got lucky with Pochettino once and that was it. He is, by far, worse than Woodward.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Levy got lucky with Pochettino once and that was it. He is, by far, worse than Woodward.
He is not remotely as bad as Woodward.

Levy got Paul Mirchell and Poch and at least made Spurs a level up from what they were.

Woodward took United into darkness where top 4 was deemed a good year.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

As much as I think Woodward has been the main reason for our 'lost years' he did increase revenues by a few folds (or we would be in deeper shit) and we did win some silverware along the way.

You can't say the same with Levy.

cyberman

He is not remotely as bad as Woodward.

Levy got Paul Mirchell and Poch and at least made Spurs a level up from what they were.

Woodward took United into darkness where top 4 was deemed a good year.
Spurs have spent decades thinking top 4 was a good year? When they did have a top 4 side Levy sat on his hands and let it all go to shit.
Over Ed’s reign he matched everything great that Levy did bar the miracle run to a CL final and even then we won what? 3 cups under him? 2 top two finishes.
Levy is a nightmare. Free run at Ten Hag, Bruno and Grealish yet let them all get away because he had to be a tough business man and walk away when asked for a fair price. Sack Conte? Let’s sack him when we have a chance of top 4 under a new manager but keep keep back room staff in charge since they then don’t have to pay them off and it’ll save money for the club..as they have some of the most embarrassing performances and results in memory.
Levy is a joke who got lucky with Pochettino and that’s it.

ROFLUTION

One club went up a level, one went down 2 or 3 levels. It's Woodward who's worse. Any monkey could have done great commercially with United on the back of all those glorious Ferguson years.

El Jefe

He started believing in his own hype too much. He was seen as the master negotiator who could buy low and sell high, and it certainly was true for a period.

Now he seems more concerned with his interests and reputation as a shrewd operator than doing what's in the best interest of the Spurs, from a footballing standpoint anyway.

I can't imagine many managers would like to work under him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Spurs have spent decades thinking top 4 was a good year? When they did have a top 4 side Levy sat on his hands and let it all go to shit.
Over Ed’s reign he matched everything great that Levy did bar the miracle run to a CL final and even then we won what? 3 cups under him? 2 top two finishes.
I'm sorry this is just a silly quote. One is CEO of Manchester United, the other one is running Tottenham fecking Hotspur. The appeal and monetary resources of one club vs another isn't even comparable before you look at how how the CEOs run their clubs but you've somehow managed to ignore all of that :lol:
Go read up the relative spends and then come back on who achieved better with their resources. Ed Woodward tried to constantly overspend his way out of trouble and landed an FA Cup and a Europa Cup in almost 10 years for the biggest club in England and top 3 in the world. feck me that is diabolical, more diabolical than anything Levy did. He can make 5x Conte mistakes and still not feck up to the level Woodward did.

Ed Woodward is 100x worse than Levy, it's hilarious you are even suggesting otherwise.

cyberman

One club went up a level, one went down 2 or 3 levels. It's Woodward who's worse. Any monkey could have done great commercially with United on the back of all those glorious Ferguson years.
The accomplishments I posted for Ed coincided with Levy’s best period for Spurs?
Spurs have fallen levels below their best from Pochettino. Levels. If they finish 8th this season they’ll be lucky and it’ll probably be 2/3 managers in charge next year as well because he gets so many appointments wrong.
Ed listened to the managers too much, if the Glazers sanctioned a spend he would spend every penny and get whatever the manager wanted at any cost. Levy is the polar opposite of that, he will deny funds when needed then watch as the team sinks because of it.
My biggest gripe is his big man act to other English clubs. So many top clubs refuse to do business with him now so even if he wanted to sell a player the biggest market in world football is closed to him. English football now have massive, bloated squads but, again, they refuse to do business with Levy so quality players that simply can’t get a game for major clubs won’t be joining Spurs ala Jesus and Arsenal.
He has completely fecked it. He has to either hope to get players with contracts winding down from mid table sides or take big gambles on players from abroad who other major clubs don’t want.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ed Woodward is 100x worse than Levy, it's hilarious you are even suggesting otherwise.
Really isn't. Levy is horrendous for Tottenham, he got lucky with Pochettino, had a tiny bit of success with him. Still didn't win anything. He's held Tottenham back for over a decade.

He doesn't give one feck about Tottenhams footballing success, doesn't give a shit about the fans. He's awful. I pity any team that has to put up with a man like that. Imagine being a top 5/6 team in the PL and showing zero ambition. That's Tottenham, a joke of a club. A football meme.

The accomplishments I posted for Ed coincided with Levy’s best period for Spurs?
Spurs have fallen levels below their best from Pochettino. Levels. If they finish 8th this season they’ll be lucky and it’ll probably be 2/3 managers in charge next year as well because he gets so many appointments wrong.
Ed listened to the managers too much, if the Glazers sanctioned a spend he would spend every penny and get whatever the manager wanted at any cost. Levy is the polar opposite of that, he will deny funds when needed then watch as the team sinks because of it.
My biggest gripe is his big man act to other English clubs. So many top clubs refuse to do business with him now so even if he wanted to sell a player the biggest market in world football is closed to him. English football now have massive, bloated squads but, again, they refuse to do business with Levy so quality players that simply can’t get a game for major clubs won’t be joining Spurs ala Jesus and Arsenal.
He has completely fecked it. He has to either hope to get players with contracts winding down from mid table sides or take big gambles on players from abroad who other major clubs don’t want.
The best thing that could happen Spurs is to finish 8th and have no European football next season. If they then have the sense to cash in on Kane, sign Big Ange as manager and completely overhaul their playing style they will improve a lot. They might not win anything ( it is spurs after all) but they will be a lot more competitive and play good football. Having no European football allows a manager time on the training pitch to implement a new style.
Similarly a new manager at Chelsea could have a good season next year ( provided Boely keeps his nose out)

ROFLUTION

Yes, but there was a club before Poch too - one that was very mediocre where Levy came in 2001 and raised them from that to be a regular contender at top 4.

You have to remember where Levy started and where Woodward started. One started with mediocrity, one started with arguably the best club in the World and took it to the dumpsters.

cyberman

The best thing that could happen Spurs is to finish 8th and have no European football next season. If they then have the sense to cash in on Kane, sign Big Ange as manager and completely overhaul their playing style they will improve a lot. They might not win anything ( it is spurs after all) but they will be a lot more competitive and play good football. Having no European football allows a manager time on the training pitch to implement a new style.
Similarly a new manager at Chelsea could have a good season next year ( provided Boely keeps his nose out)
I think 8th gets European football because both cup finalists will probably get top 4 so the extra EL spot goes down a spot in the league

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Woodward was crap but I genuinely think he was trying to make United better, albeit in a different way to what people would want. I think Levy only cares about himself and his own image. Awful owner.