Can you see Diogo Dalot stating a serious claim for the RB-position?

Old Ma Crow

Yes they’ve played well and deserve a chance. It’s up to the other 2 to step it up and fight for a place.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
None of our players have been coached into better players. That's because we've had bad coaches and no system.

Who knows how some will prosper in the right environment.

Castia

Deserves a chance

Shaw and AWB been average at best this season.

macko12345

Has more aggression and intensity in his game compared to AWB. Technically is way better than him as well, and I think he has more understanding of the game, as well as attacking mind.
Tackling on the other side, there are few players better than AWB.
Overall, the attacking side of the game has improved with Dalot starting at right back.

Varun1

Has done well in the last two games and offered more than AWB. But I feel he lacks a bit of pace.
Also, early on in his time with us I thought he didn't have the strength to deal with bigger players, I wonder if he would be able to do it now.

Bondi77

Hard to say at the moment but deserves a run of games.
Best Portuguese player on the pitch today

davidmichael

I’d say Dalot deserves a run right now as AWB has regressed and become complacent based on the fact he’s never had competition at right back since he joined us from Palace, one thing that got me thinking earlier is I can see United maybe trying to bring Laird back as I think he’d develop really well under Rangnick over half a season.

I don’t mind AWB staying as a squad player as defensively he’s good and there’s no better tackler at full back in the league but if we’re to move into a modern system with attacking full backs then AWB isn’t the answer and never will be, Laird at home when we’re all out to win and AWB in tight games works for me but I’m cool with Dalot getting a run and hopefully it’ll give AWB the rocket he needs to up his game.

Eli Zee

Yes. Telles and Dalot are better going forward.

They should be used over the alternatives when we want more attacking width.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Shame he couldn't keep that left footed shot down. It wasn't a bad effort.

UDontMessWith24

His passing ability is just night and day from Wan Bissaka. IIRC his pass set Rashford up for his assist vs Arsenal so he’s directly contributed to goals with his vision and passing two straight matches. This is something fullbacks have to know how to do at this level.

Foxbatt

he also sprints back to defend. AWB jogs back. He needs to be given a chance. Probably may not play against Young Boys.

SAF is the GOAT

Remember the Villareal game lads

I'm not saying he's not worth giving a chance but lets not overreacting, he needs a lot to improve on.

hobbers

We need to sign a better right back, that's obvious.

But in a high pressing system Dalot is clearly far, far more suited than AWB will ever be. Regardless of form.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Oh yes, AWB has serious flaws, incredible tackler, below average in everything else. Poor touch is a huge problem, don’t think he can play fast enough, but I hope I’m wrong.

if not, hopefully we can sell him to Newcastle.

Pearl.Jam

Let’s see how AWB does under Ralf before we throw him out with the morning garbage, I think he’s got potential and was highly rated by many. who knows how much damage Ole and his questionable ‘ tactics’ played a part in his regression

Irwin99

Have to be honest and say whenever I saw him playing under Jose or Ole I thought he was such a nothing player; like he excelled at absolutely nothing. I'm genuinely pleased he might be coming into a bit of form here and I hope he gives AWB some competition and scares him into playing better and improving himself. Deserves a chance.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
During the summer people were calling him to be sold and that was after a decent loan in Italy and a decent Euros. Hes a good player and with better coaching he will become better. Same goes for all our squad.
Now that we had a good coach at the helm I can see alot of players that were deemed rubbish by pundits and fans turn out to be not as bad as they all thought. This squad with a decent manager will show why we were rightly thought of as genuine contenders this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has shown potential and still has many years left to make improvement to reach his full potential. Let's see if he can perform like the last two games on consistent basis because that's what the top team players is all about.

Nicolarra90

Telles and him are threatening with the ball. They can shoot.
With AWB and Shaw players only have to block passes cause they are useless in front of goal (specially Shaw).

That on its own gives Dalot and Telles the edge.

Shaw and AWB might still be a better choice against top 6 and top European sides as they defend better and carry the ball better. But against the other 2/3 of the league we need aggressive players.

Abraxas

I absolutely can IF he keeps this up.

It's his best couple of games in a United shirt and it correlates with a different style, so that gives more optimism than 2 randomly good games would.

But let's be honest, he needs to do this often to be a starting right back. He's in contention now whereas before he was just a body if AWB got injured. It's up to him and his ability now, I don't think RR will have any particular bias towards him or AWB and he's the man in possession of the shirt.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
The most complete teams uses offensive minded fullbacks combined with worldclass LW/RW’s.

The problem with AWB is that he’s offering too little offensively. I mean he cant even do the basic stuff like beat a single 1v1 or make a cross properly.

It’s a shame because he would walk into any starting XI outside top 6. His offensive and technical game needs to improve massively if he wants to have a career at a big club/England NT imo.

Therefore I see Dalot as the one with bigger potential to thrive and improve under Ralf. The energy and to create chances at the opposition box will be crucial imo.
AWB can be useful in maybe 15% of our games as RB. The rest of the games we need heavy metal attacking fullbacks.

Cantonagotmehere

The last 2 games have been great. I've loved his performance yesterday. His lack of effort and hustle at times in the past truly bothered me, but maybe he has turned a corner.

Telles has been great too. I love Shaw but his post euro form has been lacking, I think this rest and Tells form will do wonders for him.

Fun competitive stuff!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Telles and him are threatening with the ball. They can shoot.
With AWB and Shaw players only have to block passes cause they are useless in front of goal (specially Shaw).

That on its own gives Dalot and Telles the edge.

Shaw and AWB might still be a better choice against top 6 and top European sides as they defend better and carry the ball better. But against the other 2/3 of the league we need aggressive players.
Shaws finish against city last year was ice cold. Telles against Villarreal was even better. It’s a good problem to have. Shaw makes everything look easy and I love him but you get the feeling he rarely ever gets out of 3rd gear. I don’t even think he’s a bad loser. Great technical player but will never become a leader due to his laid back nature. Everything seems like it comes easy to him when it’s going well.

Telles is a bit of a nutter and can do the unexpected. That’s good if we are playing without wingers.

Daengophile

I can see a few of the fringe lads getting some game time this month - Young Boys being an early opportunity.

I'm sure some out-of-sorts players will benefit greatly from some time in the reserves

On to the next

bonothom

Wan Bissaka has gone backwards in my opinion. On the ball he looks terrible and his first thought is to go backwards when he gets the ball. Dalot deserves a run as he has earned it with his last 2 performances.

LDUred

Both Dalot and Telles have impressed. They have looked hungry, and, most importantly, they haven't put us in jeopardy as Wan-Bissaka and Shaw have been doing time and again this season.

Today, they were a part of most of our best moves going forward and they also went close on numerous occasion with either shots or whipped crosses.

I also want to see Dalot score so he does that bizarre 'check pulse' celebration.

kundalini

Yes now that Solskjaer has gone. For whatever reason, Ole didn't rate Dalot and had spent heavily on Wan-Bissaka, so Dalot barely got any playing time.

Rangnick will select whichever right-back can best carry out his instructions. That might be Dalot.

PieCrust

AWB is a terrible modern FB. I still don't really rate Dalot either, but he should be starting based on form.

Hopefully Shaw will respond to the competition that Telles brings in the same fashion he did last time and up his game again.

Teja

I think it's more a case for upgrading both our fullbacks to the same level as our rivals (Cancelo, Walker, TAA, Robertson, Chilwell, James etc)

It feels like England has produced a bunch of good fullbacks since TAA. Just have to take a chance on one of them.

lex talionis

Most definitely. This is, what, the third or fourth start for Dalot for United. Does anyone here seriously believe AC Milan would ever be interested in Wan-Bisakka? No guarantees, but Dalot has made a serious statement in recent matches.